*replaces nargacug and zinogre*

*replaces nargacug and zinogre*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0w7bS3GGbfM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fucken love how its a snake and a squirrel with a weird Japanese-like name.

snakebat is cool and strong and my friend
i will NOT have you disparage him in my presence

Narga was only decent and Zinogre is legit trash. Good riddance. Snake squirrel is far superior to both of them design-wise.

I'm just glad they're using the Zinogre skeleton for something else

Zinogre is one of the ugliest MH designs. If Tobi replaces him good riddance.

>*potion sprints into the thread*

>replaces
>when it is a early game monster
it is the Nercy of the game. We haven't even seen more than 3 5*+ non elder dragon monsters

I can't wait to see newbies cry about it's paralyze combo.

Literally will change nothing to the core gameplay. A literal fucking retard could find windows to heal before because all you had to do was sprint away from the monster and wait for it to attack. Its made even easier if you have cats with you. Or you could just zone out in 99% of quests.

Also I find it funny in that webm its clear that Niggergante was targeting the cat, and because of the reduced speed you have when healing, he probably would have easily hit the player if he had targeted him.

Odogaron
Rathalos
Diablos
Legiana
That's 4

This, I agree 100% with everything you said, fuck Zinogre.

I'm not buying World until they nerf slicing shot, that buff was fucking retarded and made LBG the most broken ass weapon in the entire series.

Then just don't use LBG until they patch it then?
>b-but people in multiplayer will use it!!
Must suck being a carried shitter lmao

This

Nargacuga is nice though

sorry for backtracking but I was meaning actually new higher-up monsters. So far is it actually
Nergigante which acts more like Gore Magala than a true Elder Dragon like Kushala, Kirin, Teo/Luna, Cham, Phalk
Legiana
Odagaron

also concerning when at max I can imagine the remaining areas being basically the Volcano and the final main hunting ground like Heaven's Mount was in 4U which could be anything. That leaves like 4 Monsters remaining to reveal

>hope for MonHun on PC for years so that I can finally play it with my PC only friends
>World gets revealed
>hype as fuck
>see all the bad changes
>hype deflates
I have never been monkey pawed this hard before

But LBG actually looks like a ton of fun now, I'm just way fucking pissed at that retarded change overcentralizing ammo selection once again. LBG shouldn't be firing off 56 MV shots while running at full speed, that's idiotic. It's more broken than pierce ever was, and it's already showing in beta kill times so far.
Besides, who says they're going to patch it at all?

Narga's growls and roars alone makes him better than dumb snake squirrel though, let alone the fact that it's probably just a Kecha clone from the looks of it which ranks it even lower.

your loss

I'm only going to miss the heavy metal guitar hunting horn.

Is this game food kino?

no it's face kino

Makes for a good image to post when smug. Has a Pepe-esque feel to it.

>is a bigger pushover than Zin and Narga were
This isn't how you replace a monster.
Tobikadashi may look good but is a fucking let down in terms of fight.

don't worry, you can fight against Narga if you purchase the legacy monster season pass or for $5,99 per monster.

No-one actually believes this nonsense, right?

I think it could challenge FFXV in that department.

Hey since you played the game can you let me know if there are 6 maps?

That's not zin skeleton

There's probably going to be monster DLC, but as long as it's fairly priced I won't mind it.

I doubt they can re-sell the whole game with g-rank this time around, so I bet it's going to be a big DLC.

I think it's more likely they'll just slowly build on the game over time, covering it with a season pass.

Yes there is indeed 2 more map, a volcano, 1 another gimmick with the final boss arena

Nigga theres a gliding snake in real life.

Portable series is going to continue and World will receive all the new Portable monsters as DLC. Portable will be Japan only.

You heard it here first folks.

People think the bat will be furbait, but I think Toby will be it.

>no snow level
dropped

I think there is two types of players who think it will be bad for the game.

The old veteran who feels like every new player should have to go through the same learning process he did during MHFU, even though hes been at a level where finding room to heal is literally never a problem since he put 10 hours into his first monster hunter.

And the shitty player who is probably a really small portion of people who actually are still learning the basic fundamentals of monster hunter and find enjoyment from finding room to heal. This hunter is probably still actively learning low rank quests.

>1 another gimmick with the final boss arena
Is the gimmick that the final boss is the final level?

Emulate P3rd or MHFU fool. Lan over online through evolve, shit is easy and its comfy as fuck to monster hunt with an xbox controller +1080p and speed toggle to rush through gathering.

I want Handler's shiny lips around my below average dick

Handler is for handjobs and handjobs only.

In that case I want to kiss the Handler's shiny lips with my lips also

Just emulate while you wait.

My friends are cucks who don't want to play anything unofficial where you can cheat easily. I even have a server setup where they can connect straight to my IP instead of having to use some garbage middleware solution.

As a poor fool who is currently nearing G rank in MHFU, don't play MHFU. 3rd if you must emulate or preferably 3U or 4U if you have Nintendo toy consoles are significantly better in pretty much every way.

Can i even play the new game on my pc? I'm still rocking a fx8350 processor and a rx 480 gpu
So far all newer titles ran like shit for me

Honestly it's probably only slightly more difficult to actually cheat on the real hardware than on PPSSPP. If someone is tempted to do so they'll carry through with it anyway.

As someone who emulated FU over the past few months, I'd say it's very much worth *experiencing* especially if anyone is accustomed to playing 3rd gen and up. There's certainly a lot of ugly, but you can still have good times and it makes you appreciate the quality of life changes we have taken for granted ever since.

MH4U is indeed a much better entry point and the imbalances don't stick out until G-Rank equipment is a very large factor, but not everyone may have the hardware to play it. 3U I'd actually recommend against for a first game, it completely lacks any kind of dedicated weapon tutorials, only showing the player how to do some very basic fundamentals and nothing more on top of trying to wrap one's head around underwater.

I know, they are just cucks who refuse to play anything that's not on Steam and then complain when there are no video games.

Fair enough. I wouldn't wish FU's farm on anyone though. What were the fucking THINKING

>Q: It sounds like you're really looking to expand the player base.

>A: One of our focuses right now is on disseminating the Monster Hunter brand worldwide, making new fans out of people who have never played Monster Hunter before.

F

>Oh no, I can't believe CoD:WW2 is going to casualize my hardcore series by appealing to a wider audience!

So this is the power of mass appeal.

Monster Hunter has been casual as fuck for over a decade, there's a reason it's a top seller in Japan. Normalfags everywhere would love it, but over in Americaland it has to be blared at them on TV before they'll buy it.

youtube.com/watch?v=0w7bS3GGbfM
b-bing... bing......... wahoo?

>VideoGamer.com: Monster Hunter has a small, hardcore following in the West, but in Japan everyone plays it. Will Freedom Unite be a game for everyone in the West?
>MM: Early versions of Monster Hunter were indeed supported by hardcore fans even in Japan, but with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite we have implemented many different types of fun in-game to appeal to different types of audience, so we hope that in Europe it will be accepted by a wide-ranged audience.
They've been doing this for nearly a decade. 90% of Sup Forums started playing it after it was already normalfag central. Shockingly, that doesn't make it bad.

In F1 it's even worse, there's no send to box. But back then I can see why it was an incredible PSP game, at the time it's all what they knew for resource management and it set the pacing of the games on top of some atmosphere. P3rd definitely had a much more refined version. Though the newer multiplication system is definitely necessary for how many more monsters we have these days.

... MH has tutorials...?

Alright fellow hunters, let’s discuss while we wait for the release of World

>weapon type of choice
>favorite monster to hunt
>favorite armor
>the 1 monster you want to see return in World
>lewd hunters or huntresses?

>FU
The entire training school.

>3U
Cooking steak, that's it beyond the capture tutorial.

>4U
The entire Dah'ren intro. All but two of the Caravan *1 quests are weapons training against a Great Jaggi, the other two are steak and potions that you have to do before anything else.

>Gen/XX
Dedicated tutorials in the village that's as extensive as FU's training school and has a training tutorial for every weapon/style combo against a Great Maccao.

Cute rider

Also:
>Miiverse is dead
>cant take screenshots anymore

Ever since MH was played coop its been most casual than hardcore.

Its really only solo that the game becomes a brutal challenge. And its those sorts of players who are more likely to chat about it online who build up their own image of the game being tough as nails and not the coop grinder that most people treat it as.

I hope not. Nuggets is my second favorite monster and zinogre was my go to set for LR since 3U.

>makes you appreciate the quality of life changes we have taken for granted ever since
MH was objectively unironically better when there was no prompt to gather

"QoL" is the cancer that has killed monster hunter

You can still take screenshots if you have a hacked 3DS. A pity otherwise though, should be a standard console function.

If the newer games did something objectively bad with gathering it was the mining nodes. Ones that rotate on a timer and disappear/appear right in front of your face is absolutely fucking stupid. Glowing I'm fine with but still.

Honestly surprised quest rotation never truly got abolished either, it's very prominent in both 3U and 4U.

quest rotation will never be removed whether you like or not. It's like asking to remove the rank system.

>"QoL" is the cancer that has killed monster hunter
Excuse me, what is "QoL" ?

They've confirmed "potion sprinting" is an armor skill.

How do you not know such basic vocabulary

Because it's been a while since I last played 4U, and I've always been a retard about advanced mechanics.

It's not even MH vocab
QoL = quality of life

More like nargacuck

>QoL = quality of life
then I'm even more confused. What does QoL mean in the MH context and how is it cancer to the game.
Thank you for taking the time to teach me by the way.

Streamlining for "convenience" and taking all the charm out of the game

There's a joke to be made on 'charm' but I'm not the one to do it

Using potions while moving or not doesn't matter at all, why you have to be mad?

>the 1 monster you want to see return in World
I want to hear his music before I see him.

>Using potions while moving or not doesn't matter at all
Yeah, they just just get rid of recovery animations entirely too, and let us roll out of any attack animation at any point
It's not casualization it's QoL

Ohhhhhhhh, it's a Horizon thing. I saw a big grey idiot and instantly assumed gravy-'o's

lol

Gather quests are really charming. Going through 4 load screens to turn something in is also charming.

lucking out on being on the correct charm table for that savefile then spending 17 hours in an XML spreadsheet manipulating RNG to charmsnipe was really charming

>implying they would replace best boy

that isn't Agnaktor
CLAK CLAK CLAK CLAK

Naming bugs is cheating

>bug
????

It goes:
>Lightning pupper
>Marm's first love
>the angry pickle

It goes:
>Clak
>Clak
>CLAK CLAK CLAK CLAK CLAK CLAK

Locked charm tables were a bug, it was fixed in the japanese version but 3U was fucking awful in general compared to 3G anyway.
RNG seed manipulation is not an intended mechanic.

I like gravios.

Thanks for the explanation, but since I didn't understand
>Streamlining for "convenience"
I'll stay retarded and let you have a good day

these ''QoL'' changes pretty much stripped all the unique points of the game.

>don't like gathering runs? don't worry you can gather everything running at max speed and there'll be no more gathering quests now
>don't like grinding materials for multiple weapons? don't worry you can undo upgrades now
>don't want to commit to items and equipment when you start a quest? don't worry you can change everything at the base camp and even send a flare to call others to carry you through it
>don't like tending to the farm like in FU or P3rd? don't worry now you have only one NPC with 3 options for your convenience
>you don't like playing without a goal? don't worry we have prepared a cinematic story and even a separate set of story quests for you
>don't like hunting monsters and discovering their drops by yourself? don't worry you just have to see their footprints some times for you ingame wiki to complete itself for your convenience
>don't like timing your heals and learning the importance of positioning in a fight? don't worry now you can heal while sprinting, because you mustn't stop having fun a single second

and so on.

There's legitimate QoL features like item sets and then there's 'streamlining' bullshit

desu there's nothing wrong with changing equipment mid quest

Only one of those I have a problem with is the farming. P3rd's farm was perfect.
>don't worry now you can heal while sprinting
Confirmed armor skill.

>Confirmed armor skill.
Stop shitposting, nothing has been confirmed

When MHW haters bring up fucking gathering as their primary argument, you know they have no ammo aside from nitpicking.

So maybe you just shouldn't play the game then.