Now that Odyssey is out, people were expecting it to be the Mario equivalent of Sonic 06 due to New Donk City...

Now that Odyssey is out, people were expecting it to be the Mario equivalent of Sonic 06 due to New Donk City, but it turns to not be the case.

However, most consider Sunshine to be the Sonic 06 of Mario games due to the frustration of what that game entails. That, and the people of Isle Delfino being as bad as the people in Solleana.

What do you think?

>most consider Sunshine to be the Sonic 06 of Mario games

> Isle Delfino NPCs being as bad as Solleana NPCs

who thought this?

You're listening to some weird people.

The best 3D sonic game (Adventure 2) is a full two points lower than the worst 3D mario game (Sunshine).

Completely incomparable. Mario attempted a genuine new mechanic, larger worlds, and a more fleshed out story to various degrees of success.

06 failed at being the SAME game has sonic adventure 1 and 2.

>The best 3D sonic game
>Adventure 2
uh no

Sunshine was great, and I don't know where you heard people comparing it to Sonic 06.

Who cares, they all suck

You want me to follow up and ask your opinion on the best one but I ain't gonna do that cause you're wrong bro.

It's due to the frustration factor. Both were considered the worse of their respective games.

Sonic was never good.

Well, the Isle Delfino NPCS are outright dicks if not useless.

Eh, same has been said about Galaxy.

I think that's really wrong, Sunshine may or may not be as good as other 3D Mario games but it wasn't an absolute shit show like Sonic 06

No?

You are basically comparing the least satisfying meal at a good restaurant to the worst burger ever made at a fast food joint.

No mario games are the sonic 06 of Mario games. All of them have stuff that's excellent and some stuff that's less good.

Nintendo was just very careful to take care of their strong IPs and aren't afraid to delay the game to make sure it's good.

This post is the sonic 06 of dark souls of posts

Not really. I've heard convincing arguments in favor of any 3D Mario being the best.

sunshine is only the worst because of its weird ass engine

There is literally NOTHING on this board I hate more than Sunshinefags. I can smell them from behind my monitor, they stink of pretentiousness, of faggotry. You just know that they think they're doing their due diligence as epic Sup Forumscore "Gaymurs" by picking the obscure Mario title on their least popular system to boost their fragile Nintendobabby egos.

>64? Too ubiquitous!
>Galaxy 1 and 2? It's on the Wii, it's casual!
It's embarrassing the mental gymnastics that these retards go through to justify their edgy opinions, Sunshine is simply the worst 3D Mario.

>B-b-b-ut muh aesthetic, muh comfy!
"No". It looks like a music video directed by McG, the saturation is ugly, the camera is wonky and unresponsive. The level design? Simply abhorrent, repetitive and creatively bankrupt. The blue coins are a tedious fetch quest that have little bearing on the levels. The levels themselves, either too big or too vertical.

>B-b-b-ut muh music
Acapella is for fedora wearing retards and the tropical shit is trite. Galaxy and 3D World are far better in regards to music and if you suggest otherwise, you are being willfully ignorant or are completely aesthetically challenged.

>Whatever man, just like lay off and let me have my opinion

You FUCKING FAGGOTS have gone on too long without being challenged on your like for this piece of shit game. You revel in this title's mediocrity like a badge of honor.

Someone took the time to type this

I type it everytime. Have it saved in notepad

Wrong, I typed it. Don't impersonate me.

Doesn't it get boring pasting this every thread that relates to Sunshine in some form?

Why does Sup Forums need to always blow up everything put of proportion?
Sunshine may be the weakest entry, but it's still a fun game and not a disaster like 06.

I have it and played through mexican world. There is no way it is a 97 metacritic. This game is a 7.5 or 8 out of 10, mario controls like shit on some of the maps with his slippery starts and stop movement also bullet bill move control mid flight change is stupid and frustrating.... it is no were near a game of the year.

Only people banana riding it are nintendo fanboys.

>food analogies

Only retards compare any Mario title to Sonic 06

Captcha: 6300 sunshine how appropriate

Odyssey was a fun game. It's better than galaxy 1/2. Nothing beats 64 because of nostalgia though

It's major flaws are identical to the flaws of BotW, in that it's too empty, simple, and the difficulty is made for little children.

But both SA2 and Sunshine are the best 3d entries of each franchise

>mario controls like shit on some of the maps with his slippery starts and stop movement

this shit is even worse in 64 though