youtube.com/watch?v=lKfnTnZuC5E

Other urls found in this thread:

alephone.lhowon.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>That visual downgrade compared to the Unity demo

>Unity

what happened to the cool graphics?

>Unity is le bad meme

I don't care what engine they use, I'm just disappointed that they trashed the original art-style they had.

>Guys we want to remake System Shock 1! ( but really we just want to remake System Shock 2 and couldn't get the rights to do so )

so this is gonna be fucking horrible right?

>we just want to remake System Shock 2 and couldn't get the rights to do so
they have the rights to do whatever they want with either game it's just that they are ss2 fanboys
at one point they were considering shoehorning stats and upgrade shit into the remake

>at one point they were considering shoehorning stats and upgrade shit into the remake
Im a huge system shock 2 fag and even I dont understand why they thought that was a good idea. Who are they making this remake for? Because Im pretty sure all the system shock 1 fags are gonna end up being mad as fuck. Cant wait for this piece of shit and the eventual watered down for consoles System Shock 3.

>We want the new DOOM audience.

>visual downgrade
r u havin a laff m8?

You mean the shit slime effect on everything?

Although they shouldve just stuck with what they originally wanted, since you can never please everyone. I like this new style more, but whatever, I was going to play it anyways

I've got System Shock 2 from GOG but I'd like to play the game's in sequence. Will I need to fiddle around in order to get System Shock to run properly like I had to with AVP2 and Shogo?

>we looked at the original shock levels for inspiration, corridors, shapes, and enemy placement
>HOWEVER

Enhanced Edition works fine

I actually played through 1 just recently, works just fine out of the box but you might want to consider changing the game's midis to a soundfont of your choice, the audio does not hold up well.

>look I can shoot the leg off of this zombie
this is going to be horrible

Why are there still remakes that have drastically different art and game design? All fans want is a more fully realized version of the original game and people who don't are better off with something that's not a remake

>Who are they making this remake for?
for ss2 shitters because those people think about run and gun shootan rather than methodical exploration and problem solving, desu ss2 is worse off in some ways because of the streamlined controls and interface

We want the audience who didn't play {{GAME}}.

>all that motion blur

>a funny, and possibly very useful and utilisable, feature in a game is bad
>a feature that people often wish would be in other games as well
Oh man
ur dump
did you not watch the rest of the video, where they talked about artstyle and level design? Seems like they are approaching it responsibly and thoughtfully, not just "ok now make the old game with better graphux and sell it for 60usd + microtransactions"

>we want 5 customers

get enhanced edition (it comes with the original DOS version too) it works natively in windows with no lag etc and is pretty much identical to the original
only things you should change are your midi soundfont if you care and edit the setting .ini so you can use the default controls rather than the new layout which is more typical fps with mouse control, you'll appreciate the game a lot more.

>>HOWEVER
>we wanted to make it seem more believable and like a real place where you could actually live and not just a random set of levels
ok senpai that's real bad better boycott the game :(

Immersive sims have never sold well.

Rooms are so tiny and empty.

>it's a 'people don't understand why old horror games were scary compared to modern games' saga

Oh no... OH NO!!!!

Thanks, I'll grab the enhanced edition off GOG and do just that.

boring. tell me when ss3 comes out.

>More believable
Because when I play System Shock I need things to be believable, I can't suspend my disbelief for one minute.

I don't know, senpai, but having believable environment helps me immerse even more, thus making the experience more enjoyable.
But different folks different strokes, or whatever it goes like.

Not bad so far actually.

marathon remake when?

alephone.lhowon.org/

>multiplayer marathon
not exactly what I had in mind but that'll do just nicely.

they are the full versions of all 3 games

That looks nothing like the first demo.
They took inspiration from nuDoom and nuWolfenstein which is already red flag by itself.
They are pushing this shader demos too much and I can tell its going to be the gimmick of the game.

>They took inspiration from nuDoom and nuWolfenstein which is already red flag by itself.
In what way?
>They are pushing this shader demos too much and I can tell its going to be the gimmick of the game.
Isn't that good, meaning they aren't going to be changing the core game, rather build up onto it with features that make the gameplay more varied and fun but not disrupting the original?

>In what way?
Are you fucking serious?
You just loved how bland those two games were didn't you.

Learn to use the quick reply first.
>Isn't that good
No its not because the lead is overly enthusiastic about it which will lead to crippled development in other aspects of the game.

>In what way?
Visual design, imo they mostly nailed it with the unity teaser (chunky retro filter was a bit too far)
>they aren't going to be changing the core game
It's pretty obvious you haven't played it

>They took inspiration from nuDoom and nuWolfenstein
For what purpose

money

I dont know why are you asking me?
The guy in the video tells you that flat out that they scrapped the old design and they will try to emulate the latest Bethesda titles.

I got more of a Prey vibe from it.

get the modern casual audience

>game no longer has the demo's neon, slightly-pixelated visual style, which was a bit weird at first, but appropriate considering the original game's look
>instead they replaced it with generic sci-fi visuals that feature no unique qualities whatsoever
This does not bode well for the rest of the remake. I can already tell the devs have shifted their focus from making a somewhat faithful passion project, to something that looks like is being designed to pull in as big of an audience as possible, all while using the System Shock name to guarantee safe sales from established fans.

Oh well.

the person in charge of this project needs to be taken out back and shot

>nuWolfenstein
>Prey
Yeah, that's a good idea, copying games that flopped

that update video tells me they like "good ideas"

At least System Shock 3 is still being made right? Right?

That demo looked too much like a Unity game.

The biggest problem I see here is they are biting more than they can chew.
Not only they are switching to new engine at the mere start of development consequently having downtime to relearn all the tools and pipelines but they even thinking they are making some high form of art.
I get the feeling that they will invest everything on looking good(debatable) and ditching the gameplay to bare minimum like every AAA release now days.
Such a shame really,who the fuck though this will be a good idea.
In the Unreal demo they were will using geometry and object from the pre alpha version which means they haven't done shit in almost a year now.
A fucking year guys.

If this is shit, that'll probably also be shit.

yeah by otherside who haven't shipped their underworld game (which is looking very skyrim-ish) yet but have somehow had time to put together a mobile vr spinoff game in collaboration with some other studio based on their unreleased property
actually it seems to be a theme for kickstarters as inxile did the same with with Bards tale (mage's tale VR game)

Install system shock portable on top of it for the best experience. Was the best way to play the game when it was free, but jews from night dive decided to start selling it again and told authors to delete everything. So now it comes like a mod, instead of full game.

Why someone even supports this canadian vultures, reselling abandonware with literall zero effort done to improve games from their free state?

>all the megaspergs ITT crying because the game is slightly more like ss2 (the vastly superior game) than ss1

lmao'ing at all of your lives

>the vastly superior game

>duhhuh, me lub sis-tum shawk one, it good game
>sis-DUMB shawk 2 is b-b-bad!

Anyone else notice that people who post these and pretend to say retarded shit just come off as legitimately retarded?