Nioh

What even is a nioh?

Other urls found in this thread:

jisho.org/search/ไป็Ž‹
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Kelley
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dee
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The OH is an honorable suffix like Kami is god and Okami is referring to the god in an honorable way.

king

it's japanese for new king

It's what you'd get if Dark Souls was critically unfair and punished you for breathing.

jisho.org/search/ไป็Ž‹
The kanji is literally under the title.

Don't they make references to some historical characters as Nioh? Like two people who worked for some general.

they're guardians

retard

Also what's the deal with Saorise or whatever? Where did she come from and why is William her husbando?

Did you not read or pay any attention at all?

twin guardians of Buddha

>Game is called Nioh
>You can't wear the clothes Nioh wear

No. The story was boring and shitty and I tuned out when it became obvious that Nobunaga was the big plan

>game has retarded pronunciation shown for almost everything
>none for Nioh

Retard

>William becomes a Japanese martial arts expert by reading a journal
>Muh Kelly
>Nobunaga stops fighting you because he just feels like it

She was born from his faith when he was a good boy as a child and made him immortal.

>reading a journal
also you know, traveling for years at sea

That can just happen?

I don't remember there being any Japanese martial artists on board

Apperently.

19 months.

Why does the game need 2 main defense stats (defense from armor and Toughness)?
Also the game also said that for toughness, the next tier is significantly stronger one, how does that work exactly? Something like 10,11,12 >>Tier jump >> 40,41,42 ?

You know what, whatever, this game has Hattori Hanzo fight a giant skellington

Benevolent King

doesn't need to be

yes, nearly 2 years

There aren't only 2 defense stats. There's also armor multiplier and %damage reductions (ie the most important one) And Toughness is what determines your "poise". Get it high enough and you won't flinch to most attacks. Tiers are just the letter attributes, so A(+) being the best

More specifically she appeared when he was drowing as a boy, hence the weird cutscene pieces when you die without a guardian.
At the end she tells him that she will continue to stave off death as long as he belives in her existence.

He's based on a real guy, William Adams

>doesn't need to be
>yes, nearly 2 years
Niohfags actually defending the shit plot.

What's your point?

They were Buddha's bodyguards, basically.

Who was Kelley? And his master with the weird eyes?

Cool argument
Is there a point you're going to try to make yet?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Kelley
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dee

Again. Just learn to fucking read

>Is there a point you're going to try to make yet?
Yes the plot is shit and the game would've been better off without one.

>>William becomes a Japanese martial arts expert by reading a journal
There's a dojo where you train, retard.

>Not knowing of John Dee.
If it's "English" and occult(-ish) related, John Dee is 95% going to be involved in SOME capacity in the plot/setting.

>Dojo before you arrive in Japan

>before
Go play the game you retarded faggot.

It's a mystical book dojo, don't question it

A magical tutorial dojo, before arriving in Japan.

Ok, glad you got that out of your system bud

Stories shouldn't need a wiki to explain who the main characters even are

There is characters info in amrita log in the game.

>I am too stupid to listen or read subtitles
>I am too stupid to read the character bios in the model viewer IN GAME
durrrrrrr me not wike Nioh story it too dum xd me wike dawrk sowls story bcuz it gud 8-)

POST CUTE WILLIAMS

That's what I mean. The story doesn't establish shit, it's all wiki crap. Which is weird because the game has TONS of cutscenes where they could easily build the characters

btw, there is a 21:9 fix that work like charm, works for every resolution/size

ew

t. americuck learning jap for watch anime

What's the point of combos on yokai? If I've broken their ki why should I not just do reaper -> ki pulse -> reaper?

best waifu and best mask

game basically doesn't have a plot so I don't see what you are whining about, nu-gamers are disgusting

>Nioh's plot is bad
>Game basically doesn't have a plot so I don't see what you are whining about, nu-gamers are disgusting
>Nioh is trivialized in dozen different ways
>U-uh the real Nioh starts in NG+++!

I want the Inari mask for Ongyo-ki cosplay, but I don't know how/where to get it. Until then I'm tranformed into Tome.

Kill foxes

are you done being a little fag yet

>You can't wear the clothes Nioh wear
No but there was digital deluxe/preorder DLC armor set that was based on the Nioh statues, as well as a free gold version everyone got in an update to celebrate 1 million copies.

I actually don't know if this armor set is in the PC version or not. Someone told me it's now in the teahouse but they haven't gotten to the teahouse yet, and other people have said it's just not in the game. I asked the subreddit but the fuckers just ignored me.

She wasn't so though. I just activated my bird spirit and rekt her.

I like that one, never seen an outfit that incorporates one of the masks that well.

I'm prouder of this one than I really have any right to be.

Wait, foxes drop it?
Sweet. Thanks for the info.

It must be an absurdly rare drop though. I've got a few purple materials off them in the past but never a mask.

What are you talking about, the plot is fine. It's just a big fantasy story. You're a goddamn pirate samurai, and the villain is a hilariously evil wizard. The guy you're following around is a motherfucking ninja.
What's not to love?

>mfw reading those and pronouncing them in american english
everytime

That's just fantasy Japanese armor with Nioh slapped on it and doesn't look like the statues.

the real buddha or the fake chinese buddha

EE EYE

Foxes don't drop it, fox mages do. I got mine specifically from the side mission where you need to collect the twin fox orbs.

help, Sup Forums.

i want to buy it off Steam and support the developer but it's a mere $35 off g2a

The biggest shock for me was finding out Saoirse is pronounced "seer-shuh," like wtf

>NYE-OH

TWO KINGS
NI OH
FUCK

this boss is easy as fucki, just roll under her legs and smas her ass

>tfw sucking hard
>stuck on umi bozo
>onis feel like meatsponges
>using axe/odachi

reminder that white people (english speakers) can literally not hear the proper sounds that make up Japanese words because their brain doesn't recognise them and thus skips them when processing words

Interact with the torches in the umi bozo arena.

That pre-order was worth it just for the theme alone, I love using it desu

That makes slightly more sense.
Thanks again, and for the suggested map to farm.

Put aside your 35 bucks. Next week when you get paid, take the 15 bucks and buy Nioh on steam.

+ Use the firebombs and hyokotto mask. Umi bozu is just Demon's Souls phalanx on drugs.

It means east and west, the number one in both hemispheres under the rising sun.

Tachibana is the Ni and Tadakatsu the East. Defeating both strongest of both sided makes you the number one.

As far as i understood it based on the infos the game gave me.

use torches
in the 1rst phase, get close as you can from him, he will never it you
in the 2nd phase, go full rage with spirit or wait to hit after he attacks you
use fire

So Dark Souls?

non-white English speaker, and Saoirse is gaelic. All gaelic pronunciation is just a big fuck you to standard pronunciation rules.

I was using that exact look but with the tengu mask for a while.

Was a pretty fun games.
Then was made ok by all the "fixes" to make the game more accessible.
Then was made worse by series of nerfs and changes which fucked with builds and balances.
Then was made just plain stupid with higher difficulties like the way of the wise where everything has every buff that can't be dispelled so you can get one-shot by everything while you need to plink at them like a retard.

Who cares about moon language, I play the game for the katanas

>ninjitsu and spam shuriken and kunai
>stack attack buffs and parry them to death

No, dark souls is actually fair. Nioh just feels really cheap half the time, especially with the bosses.

fugg it ill do it now. i want more ports

>dark souls is actually fair.

Yeah okay, you can go now.

Old Irish is just sort of like that.
Cu Chulainn is pronounced "khu-kullan" and Cait Sith "khet shee".

It's funny, my friend is a med student and when I mentioned to him that I was using Anki to learn Japanese he had no idea what I meant initially despite using the program himself, and then tried to correct me on its pronunciation.

>dark souls
>fair

yeah user

Nioh's bosses are all easier than souls. The cheapness comes when they throw tons of enemies at you or two bosses so you have to cheese them back in return or run around waiting for a parry while dodging a million projectiles.

>Nioh just feels really cheap half the time, especially with the bosses.

Name some moments.

You're supposed to learn, not just brute force retard mode your way through them

Anecdotal case in point, it didn't take me over 75 tries to kill Sif in og Dark Souls, but White Tiger in Nioh has a fucking laser beam that'll one-shot you if you're unlucky enough to get hit by it.

As far as I can recall, there are no bullshit one-hit kills in any of the Dark Souls games.

You can blame the irish for that one.

its just a cool fact user
it's why whitey usually can't for the life of them pronounce Asian names properly.
like you tell them the pronounciation, but they actually can't hear what you're saying because brains are fucking dumb and they just say some butchered thing in response