Retro games are selling like mad on the Switch...

Retro games are selling like mad on the Switch, and so all the classic developers like Konami and Capcom are currently in a scramble to milk those nostalgiabux before the cow dies.

nordic.ign.com/castlevania/3154/news/konami-is-discussing-bringing-castlevania-to-switch

gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/09/29/mega-man-legacy-collection-2-producer-hints-at-december-surprise.aspx

Will it be good, or should shit like castlevania and mega man stay in the past?

fuck castelvania and mega man I want new games from new ip like ARMS, we don't need more reash on the switch

I don't get it. Why would you buy a stupid gimmick console like the switch and then play classic games on it? Why have classic games been popular on Nintendo's meme consoles in particular?

>a handheld is a gimmick console

you're retarded

I don't trust Capcom with Mega Man.

Castlevania might be interesting but it'll probably just be DS ports.

>This much damage control

Anything will sell on the switch right now. It has a huge install base compared to the size of the library.

If it's Classicvania and it's on cartridge then I'm on board.

>Castlevania might be interesting but it'll probably just be DS ports.
as long as they don't fuck it up by handing it off to some western dev for the updates and include some of the gba titles i'm down for this

Switch needs new mainline games for classic ips, ie metroid, star fox, pikman, animal crossing. Zelda and Mario are the only games that justify buying a switch

Metroid just got a new game on the 3DS and already has another one in production.

The world needs more Wonder Boy

It seems like common sense that people who like Nintendo games would be receptive to those classic game genres that the rest of the big industry abandoned. These are games that people would appreciate being able to play on portable hardware, too.

Where else are normies gonna get them? They don't know about emulation, keep that in mind.

The failure of the WiiU can be attributed to Nintendo thinking their primary audience was made up of kids and not adults. The Switch is going to be the opposite of that.

This game is 30% off until the end of the month.

I was thinking a new prime game, but samus returns does feel fresh even though it is technically a remaster of sorts.
I use my switch as a console, I want console tier games.

Switch is just starved for games. The Vita had similar 'success' stories for the platform.

Animal Crossing is undoubtedly coming. They wouldn't have gone nearly this long without a new one unless they moved production of a WiiU title over to Switch at some point. I just wish they'd make it official already.
>star fox
Keep fucking dreaming after Zero sales.

Nintendo's target audience has always been a wide range of people. They don't make their products to reach only children or only adults. If anything, it looks more like the Wii U failed because its demographic wasn't wide enough. To make Switch a big success, it should reach a wide demographic, like the DS and Wii.

ARMS was shit user, it only holds your interest for like maybe 2 hours
people need to stop praising every single exclusive they get, we already have 2 perfect games on the switch ok?

I can see a lazy ass Castlevania collection game being dropped on switch. Maybe include those 3d games that came out on the 360 too, a 16gb cart should be plenty big enough.

>thinking their primary audience was made up of kids and not adults.
>adults
it's hipsters and autists, not "adults"
WiiU was plain shit, nothing to do with age

>Retro games are selling like mad
>no actual sales number, just empty PR statements
you are a literal retard

Its not the first time

>People care about AC

>People don't care about Animal Crossing

can we stop use this meme? Arms is a really interesting with a lot of depth, 1-2 switch it's a shitty exclusive not arms

There are legit people out there that haven't played Skyrim yet and are excited to play it on a poorly designed handheld system.

This is the part that blows my mind.
You haven't played it yet, fine.
The fact that you wouldn't have gotten to it unless Nintendo told you to - that's what gets me.

>Handhelds are now a gimmick
>Why are classic games more popular on the portable console which can be played on both the TV and in handheld mode, without any compromises because they're not demanding games

Please cure yourself of your retardness because you're offering nothing to this world

>grrr nintendo
haha everytime

>poorly designed handheld system.
I'm sorry the Vita was a failure, user, but you don't need to take it out on the Switch.

Well, Portrait of Ruins and Order of Ecclesia are really great games, won't mind to see them again, I'll put them at the same level as SotN