Is he right?

Is he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gy54VTYsj-U
youtube.com/watch?v=fQJaXt0iJsU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.

Based Geoff and based Mike.

E-sports cancer ruined Mike, ruined Yipes’s marriage, ruined Infiltration’s marriage, ruined TWO fighting games, and made it clear that shills exist.

I wouldn’t even be surprised if Mike hates Gootecks for being such a slimy money grubbing fuck.

Who's Mike Ross?
What's FGC?
Is this even vidya?

Geoff is always right

He plays Rev2

Yes but Mike Ross is still a fraud.

Says Doritos Pope, the one who actively sucks Kojima’s dick

unfortunately it is vidya lambhentaiposter-kun, fighting game shit

literally who

Who?

Mike left because E-sports is anti-hype. Watching Clockwork vs. Neo only proves his point. It's great that we can sponsor people and give them a living off fightan, but holy shit is it neutered as hell

>is a community that holds fighting game tournaments vidya?
in your efforts to look aloof you just ended up looking stupid instead

Street Fighter 5 killed the FGC.

e-sport shit is not vidya.
Just like all the e-celeb cancer.

I look forward to Mike regretting all this in 5 years when he's working a mcjob.

Meh, you don't really have to be a tool if you don't want to, but he should be working twice as hard if he has another passion like GG or whatever hes into at the moment. Disappearing is just as much of a pussy move as being a capcbro

are mike and gootecks not friends anymore?

>left the FGC
What does that even mean? Just not playing at tournaments anymore, or what?

twitter ramblings and screens are not vidya

I thought it was because SFV sucks ass

Promote what you love, work with who you like and play what you enjoy. Dude was truly blessed with a fanbase that loves him and all the connections you could want and had a Chappelle-tier meltdown and is now actively self destructing while telling the entire FGC and his fans to fuck off. It's sad and man is he being a little bitch about it all.

HEY, LETS GO
START THE SHOW

what happened to yipes :(

He quit making content entirely, quit playing Street Fighter, quit talking on social media almost entirely, now he just streams Guilty Gear lobbies and plays DotA.

>FGC
>eSports

How new can you get? The FGC was a thing before you even started le vidya.

he'd get back in at the drop of a hat if he really wanted to
just not commentating or participating in esports in general, he still sort of competes and will forever be good friends of the majority of the community.

Doritos Pope is right, some guy i've never heard of left the autistic e-sport assfaggots scene because he realized how pathetic video game scene shit is. Now he just plays video games to have fun instead of for >muh meta >no ur playin WROOOOOOOONG

>ruined Infiltration’s marriage
??

yes
as a guy who regularly plays fighting games, there are just too many retards within it that i'd beat up if it were legal who outweigh (physically even) the amount of chill people in it

>Mike Ross
?

>people think this is Geoff Keighley

He was the only person I enjoyed watching play fighting games, too. He had so much fun.

>mistaking darksydegeoff with dorito pope

good b8

E-Sports didn't ruin shit.
This community was fucking shit before this. It didn't ruin any games, there have been garbage fighting games since the dawn of the genre, yes even by Capcom.

You do /not/ want to go back to how events like NEC and Final Round were 15 years ago. They were run in shitholes and retards stole all sorts of shit.

The only thing that's stayed the same is Larry still doesn't know what the fuck a clock is, and cannot run brackets on time to save his life, but somehow he continues to run a poor event because he's been around for ages...

what's the reason he disappeared? i never really looked into it. is SFV really that bad?

>Disappearing is just as much of a pussy move
being a pussy entails leaving from something manly in the first place
ain't noone in the fgc aside from like jaha could be nonpussies because most can't fight irl

Did Capcom fire Yipes that quickly?

what happened to yipes
what happened to his marriage
i'm ready for the aeroplane

It's fucking trash. It only appeals to a very specific group of unga retard and if you don't like playing a game like that SFV tells you to go fuck yourself.

does combofiend still have a job after how badly he fucked the PR for MvCI?

>is HE

HAS

Mike's just being a petulant child. The only difference between the FGC then and now is it has the money to put food on your table. "Duty" fighter is such a retarded term, pros have played games they've hated for years for money, every single one. Now that the struggle isn't nearly as hard they are acting entitled.

It's horrible. You can tell he hated doing CC in later videos.

ain't this the same guy who made almost 30 videos about darksydephil for attention

infil and his wife got divorced shortly ago, but im not sure fgc is the reason

Is he talking about the niggers?

>. It didn't ruin any games, there have been garbage fighting games since the dawn of the genre
Difference was people stopped playing those ones hate 3S? That's fine go play alpha, cvs or mvc. Hate SFV? Well you can't it is THE game you have to play for esports don't even try anime.

>They were run in shitholes and retards stole all sorts of shit.
Now they are run like shit but have ten ad breaks an hour and you can't say fuck. great improvement

Sup Forums is OBSESSED with this guy apparently

gee I wonder why he doesn't like that

Combofiend quit bro.

lol

Tbh he was just a capcom function.

It's because Juri is his true love.
Should have sat in with Sayjam and short black man to play GG. Mike just can't do anything smart.

>Some celebrity’s life is ruined because they cant take the heat
>So they decide to stop being a celebrity
>We should feel bad for them

There's a difference between playing a game you don't like and playing a game that is fucking awful. Even if you don't like a game you can still see the quality in it and try to pull out what you like about it. SFV on the other hand is garbage and everyone is wondering how Capcom came to be so fucking retarded as to design a game like this.

So he quit the same way a lolcow quits the internet forever.

I'm still fucking mad that CC canned The Recipe. It was the best show on their rotation.

>Hate SFV? Well you can't it is THE game you have to play for esports don't even try anime.
Yes you can. Go to Combo Breaker to play VSAV, Go to any North East tournament to play Melty or GG or whatever. Stop being a faggot and just play what you want.

On top of that you have fairly stable netplay now. There's no excuse to just play what you want. I play Samsho V SP with a few dudes still. Just fucking play what you want.

>Now they are run like shit
You actually have no idea how badly tournaments were run not even 10 years ago, are you? Big E is lucky Min came in to straighten his shit out, Larry is just an idiot though, there's no reason his tournaments are run so poorly.

I do not miss old EC tournaments, tiny fucking broken hotels with idiots who can't figure out what a shower is, I'm cool living nowhere near that shit anymore.

This is the same fucking cycle we saw with Street Fighter IV though, SFV may turn into an okay game down the road. The only saving grace SFIV had was that it was a "breath of fresh air" in that it was the first game in quite a few years. The community is a bunch of whiners, nothings changed there.

Did they actually or was it just that Stephen and Steven are just hella busy being the new Ultrachen?

>Geoff the Hero
>I'm not part of the scene anymore and don't like fighting games
>goes out of way to try and call people out and general be part of the scene on twitter

>Mike Ross
>leaves social media and stops working on shows because he's tired of the internet
>comes back to social media and gets mad at people for trying to talk to him on an open platform

Geoff is a huge faggot, but Mike seems like he should be smarter than this. He deleted his twitter for awhile and came back to not really talk or do anything with it and now he's angry about the internet again. If he's trying to just live life easy then get off the social media and stop concerning yourself with it. At least lock your account or something so you can filter out randoms.

Anyway fuck Geoff pretty much. He was never good, never big and never funny.

Yeah, it was the only show watched. Used to be a big fan of CC but SFV isn't as entertaining to watch as SFIV imo and the smash stuff is just mind numbingly boring to me.

There is no difference, just people complain more. Tournament winnings and sponsorship deals are astronomically larger than they were. It's actually insane how much better off everyone in the FGC is. Everyone is just an entitled bitch now. I love fighting games, but these cunts make me want a monkey paw situation where all the Esports dies and takes it's money along with it. Let them eat cake.

more like he's a washed up hack who could never cut it in the pro scene and made all kinds of excuses because of his low tier picks instead

Big E is still a scumbag who runs shitty tournaments
NEC is a wreck every year, costs fucktons and has close to zero setups
someone else does the arcade cabs and they do a good job but that's the only plus to the tournament

That might actually be the case, I assumed it was canned because after 20 episodes they did a "best of moments" video ending the series. Didn't even get a farewell episode if they were just leaving.

Don't worry, CC is practically done at this point.

FGC, Esports, competitive gaming, they're all the same shit in the end

>Yes you can
Oh yeah just go get sponsored and involved with VSAV esports. Sure you will do well travelling all over for a game that was dead a decade ago

No one is going to travel to play dead and small games. As much as someone may like to they could not justify the investment of time and money. If everyone did this the FGC would shrink again.

>There's no excuse to just play what you want.
M O N E Y. Why do you think people play SFV?

>You actually have no idea how badly tournaments were run
Stop trying to act like an OG, no one is buying it. Also did you miss Quackbot double entry fiasco? yeah shit is so much better now

youtube.com/watch?v=Gy54VTYsj-U

post top mike ross moments

Shhh he wants to believe that things were better when some asshole would just walk up and lift your stick because he knew it was a small venue with no one watching. It was better when Justin Wong was actually going around to other people who won brackets and buying their checks off of them for 70% of the value, or that pot splitting wasn't a thing back then. That we didn't play absolute shit back then, or like CVS2 finals weren't the most boring fucking things to watch.

That doesn't invalidate that the tournaments are run infinitely better than they used to.
Also- an OG in the community is a piece of shit who would have thought. There's so much dirt on these guys it's not funny... Shit even Sp00ky is a complete piece of shit... and has lied to the community on a number of occasions...

I thought he plays Xrd now (on a Hitbox)

>Anyway fuck Geoff pretty much. He was never good, never big and never funny.
yeah he's that type of insignificant manlet who tries to exist by fostering drama on social media, l hope he gets raped to death by a big fgc nigger

league of legends ruined esports and turned it into some gay ass uptight shit

>Yes you can
No you can't if you are sponsored, There are 3 fightans that sponsors interested in currently. SFV, current NRS shit and MVC, if you don't play and compete in either of those seriously you are going to be left behind.

Old tournaments had a soul, you could see a community there, now it is a fucking corporate shilling to the core with no fun allowed.

No one is buying that you are more than a 16er who read shit on kappa

Geoff is always right. Bring back Fighting Ass Good News. New for you.

>mfw racist and forget Mike Ross is black

THIS IS BULLSHIT

You can be racist and like black people.

Did mike go too far this time?

based

Well duh, there's a difference between black people and niggers

>No you can't if you are sponsored,
I'm willing to bet that no one in this thread is sponsored. 95% of the community is not sponsored. So why should it matter what the fuck they're playing?

Since we're gonna try and be huge faggots in this thread- remember when Sp00ky "got his laptop taken for no reason" by border control coming back from Canada cup a while ago? That was taken because he threw an autistic fit that they wanted to check his equipment, you know, crossing the border back into the country, like they always do. (Remember, Vic does not like people touching his equipment). Then he went and cried some sob story about how it was wrongfully taken from him, and begged for money from the community until someone came and spotted him for it. He would have been perfectly fine if he had just let them do their thing. But oh, you're right, I'm just some 16er from Reddit!

No lmao
Noone actually believes that

This

Mike Ross is a fraud working at Pierson Specter Litt with a hot black GF

Harsh, but its understandable wanting to get out.

Whoa...

On one hand it's fine, on the other he vastly overestimated how many people know why he is out. Some random Floe video and a few vague statements are not going to stop people asking questions on an open platform. Mike being a dumb bitch on all fronts.

Would be better without that fat fuck with high pitched woman voice

>Geoff is popular enough to be an e-celeb on Sup Forums now

How did this happen?
>everyone from the forum is gone
Feels bad

More like nigger got tired of fighting games

I stopped following that attention whore a long time ago

youtube.com/watch?v=fQJaXt0iJsU

>I'm willing to bet that no one in this thread is sponsored
You really don't know how shit works. Top players attract people to tournaments, more there are the more serious people take it and wish to compete with them. Everyone starts playing small games less can be sponsored and move around to play them. Stop that and events will shrink in size. Helped by less interest in these smaller games in general, everyone here stopped playing sfv then a few games would get less than 100 extra players

I know you want to pretend playing 98 in your basement makes you a hardcore old player but it doesn't

We are not in 2010 anymore pros and esport affect fgc far more now, playerbase all flocks to big pushed out games with huge marketing behind them. Sure you can always play MB, BB, GG, UNIEl and so on with few people who are dedicated to those games, but it gets old really fast to play against same people over and over again. There are also barely any offline events for those, making them basically online fighters through and through.

why don't you guys talk about people who actually want to be ecelebs

our guy vesper, rip, aris, LTG, max dood, the list could go on...

>Some random Floe video
source