Would anyone here play a single player, 3d, dark, mature starship survival sandbox simulator?

Would anyone here play a single player, 3d, dark, mature starship survival sandbox simulator?

>Auto-repairing hull
Forget about it

>2d/flat on-rails space traversal
Forget about it

>Arcadey mechanics
Forget about it

>Your ship is dead. Reload from 1m ago?
Forget about it

This game would put you in the captains seat of a starship of your choice. Ships range from small shuttles to behemoth capitals. At all times a sense of adventure but also caution would be present. You never know whats out there, and just because you had the cutting edge of capital ship technology doesn't mean you're invincible, and a series of foolish decisions would leave you crippled in space or worse.

>Manual saving only at docked stations
>No shields. Only fire & iron.

ye

you mean X3: Terran Conflict in 'squid' mode?
that game already exists

sure

I love the X series, and a lot of the original idea in the OP is inspired from it. However I think we can all agree in every X game the execution of the idea has been really weak. Only the love for the concept and idea of what the X games really are about keeps anybody around. As far as production values in the X games its all around mediocre to at times bad.

The hell is squid mode?

Yeah, probably, but if your idea of survival sandbox is really just mine-asteroids-until-you-can-afford-a-bigger-ship-to-more-efficiently-mine-asteroids then >forget about it.

I mean not if it was le fuggen epic dark soulz meme in space but otherwise sure

Are you going to develop such a game?

Absofuckinglutely

Not necessarily.

yes, i'm just working on the details of the concept

not singleplayer

Isn't that already a game? Fuck what was it called. You woke up in a derelict ship, had to find a way to get the life support systems back online, and once you got a space suit you could scoot around outside the ship to go loot other derelicts until you found a ship you could actually get working again to travel around. The name escapes me

Pretty sure that's hellion

Dead is dead.

Yessss, that's what it was, thank you. Was that game any good

Can it support vr too, please?

>Would anyone play Eve Online?
Yes, I have been for years now.

No idea. I saw a few videos on youtube and thought it looked interesting, but it seemed too unfinished for me to put money on it yet. The mixed reviews on steam don't bode well for it.

Well that sucks. I looked it up too and the devs are at least still pushing out patches for it. I might check it out if it ever gets out of fucking early access

That sounds like Star Citizen.

As long as you can do more around your ship than sit in the pilots seat bored as shit for 10 minutes as you go from A to B I'm game.

>Grind for 3 years game
Yeah sorry kid, this isn't anything like that.

No, it isn't anything like that.
Because your game doesn't exist and never will because you're a lazy shit.
>haha duuudes look at my CRAZY ideas for this game haha
>why are you asking questions about what the gameplay actually is i haven't gotten that far reeeee

>spreadsheets and shitty autopilot ships with no control where all combat is done via abstracted percentage roll mechanics instead of proper simulation

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nice meme. You don't know anything about me. You're just mad cuz Eve Online sucks.

Only if there is newtonian flight model and the celestial bodies and satellites have orbits. This is very important to me.

Yes, but this kind of game will be very hard to pull off right.