Which one is better?

Which one is better?

Remove dangits from AOV

DR1 had no good cases, first case could've been great if the killer's name wasn't written at the crime scene but I get that it was supposed to be the tutorial case. 2 & V3's cases are pretty fun to solve though, when that's what's being focused on anyway.

AA's cases have always been massively hit-or-miss, think I prefer it overall though.

AA had better overall cases.
Danganronpa had better overall characters.

Music, art, game play are mixed.

>DR even being in the same conversation as AA

Ace Attorney is focused on the individual cases. Danganronpa focuses more on the story as a whole then on the cases, leaving integral things unexplained, if it doesn't matter for finding the killer.

AA is a better series, that shouldn't even be a question.

I used to be an Ace Attorney fan through and through and still love the first four games dearly, but I honestly enjoyed V3 way more than DD and SoJ combined.

>Ace Attorney is focused on the individual cases
A lot less so as of recent games to be fair. Although not as dumb as DR's, the overarching plots in AA suck too partly because the writers are convinced that the player character's tragic backstory is what makes these games interesting and not literally everything else around the player characters.

you're right. Especially when we get stuf like Apollo in SoJ, that honestly comes out of nowhere and doesn't even need to be there.

Move aside you fucking plebs.

Both are great.
Danganronpa has the better presentation and the games are a lot more lengthy, the AA games get to the point a lot faster.

After ZTD? Sorry, but no.

To be fair, I haven't played ZTD. VLR is still my favorite though.

Out of the entirety of AA, DR and ZE ZTD is the only game I have dropped. I just wanted my VN room escape games. I got School Days instead.

It's useless, it's all useless

How is Suda51's game, The Silver Case? It looks interesting.

>I haven't played ZTD
In a sense, I envy you. Though I did like 999 and VLR a lot.

ZTD might be the worse of the 3 but its still a solid 7-8

>didn't even have a final puzzle room
>or a final puzzle at all
>you just watched cutscenes for the last hour of the game
>the final "decision" game was the fucking dumbest in the entire game
ZTD was a mistake.

>Never danged a grandpa
>Decide to pick up DR1
>Liked the first five AA titles and was excited for mystery shit
>DR1 opens up, cool aesthetic
>Opening goes on for about an hour, I'm wondering where the mystery gameplay gets started but stick with it
>Opening keeps going
>And going
>And going
>Finally I have control of the MC and walking around
>No mystery to solve
>Get shown how to buy presents for people
>Start buying presents for the schoolgirl character
>Chat her up and try to fug
>This goes on for a long time and I end up dropping the game because there's no actual deduction gameplay
it couldn't be helped

>this goes on for a long time
Nigga, there are 3 free time events before first killings, you can read it in 20-30 minutes, maybe even faster.

Not to mention it's possible to skip them entirely

DR has better characters, overall better music and better visual effects
The trial mechanics in DR are usually better too, especially in DRV3 with the Mass Panic Debates, Debate Scrums and Perjuries (some of which lead to alternate trial routes)
BUT DR is plagued by those completely fucking retarded racing minigames that kill the flow of the trial
Hangman's Gambit and the Minesweeper minigame are stupid as shit too
Sometimes AA pulls stupid bullshit like the Psyche Locks but it's not nearly as annoying as the DR minigames

Both series are great, overall I like DR more

Umineko > Ghost Trick > Danganronpa > AA > Hotel Dusk > Layton > Zero Escape

I love both series and wish not to compare

I'd argue he trial mechanic in AA is better, because it forces you to think for yourself more. In every debate DR gives you a number of truthbullets and usually one of them is the right one. The only exceptions are Flashback and Lie Bullets. Flashback was a dumb mechanic and Lies are barely existant.

You could lie to reveal back routes in addition to when the game tells you to lie

AA, it’s not even a discussion

AA > > Kyle Hyde series > ZE > DR

>ZE
>better than anything
ZTD was a catastrophe and VLR had an ending so shit they had to declare it not canon.

You could, but the backroutes barely do anything and quickly bring you back to the original route.

GT & Layton are primarily puzzle games first to be honest, shouldn't be compared to the rest of them.

I dunno why Layton's bullshit endings trigger people so hard on here yet DR's and AA's bullshit endings don't as much though.

DR3 was a catastrophe also and the last two chapters of V3 was complete shit

Because DR has waifus
And AA has endings without mystical elements involved with the exception of SoJ

>Thinking DR deserves to be compared to AA

I never really understood it either since Layton's endings work very well with the style of the world and the story.

The one that isn’t weebshit so Ace Attorney

>last two chapters of V3 was complete shit
muh metafickshun memes aside, if you were to take what it's ending says literally, I find it a lot easier to swallow than either DR1 or DR2's endings to be honest.

How? DR2 I’ll give you that but Junko basically just said the world was destroyed/ended which isn’t much of a stretch. It’s true that Naegi and co were trying to rebuild the world after that

>but Junko basically just said the world was destroyed/ended which isn’t much of a stretch.
How is teen fashion idol plunging the world into anarchy and warfare for shits and giggles not a stretch?

but it's also from japan user

Look at OP's image again.