It's free this weekend and on sale for $7. Is it worth it?

It's free this weekend and on sale for $7. Is it worth it?

DO NOT BUY THE $7 VERSION
IT MAKES THE GRIND INCREDIBLY STUPID
Instead of operators costing 500 renown, they coat 10,000. You'll want to kill yourself.
The game is well worth it if you put in the time to learn it, but buy the $20 version. You'll thank me later.

I think that only the Starter Edition is this cheap, and it slows down your unlock progression.

Thia

DON'T BUY THE STARTER

So, it's not worth it?

Yes it is but standard version

game is worth it, starter edition is not.

I said it's worth it if you buy the $20 version. Learn 2 read

it is worth it, just bear in mind the matchmaking at least in Casual is total trash and will pair newbies up against Platinum ranked players with thousands of hours played.

On PC it does, but on console I've been spanking people left and right in casual. Considering buying the xbox version because PC was gifted to me and is full of ping-abusers.

It's good but get standard

The general for this game always starts with DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION, and for good reason.

I can't stand using a controller for a shooter, especially one where absolute control over your character and precision is of the utmost importance

Look, it's okay if you want to buy the starter edition of regular edition. but, just like said, if you hate grinding a lot, buy regular version instead. but it's your choice.

That's why I use the shotguns on the console version, I dont have to worry about recoil control at all, just point and blow em away while they spray in every direction drying to control the recoil.

Why

Is starter edition ok if i just want to play with recruits?

>you will never read a new Tom Clancy book ever again

that sounds kinda lame desu senpai

In my experience the people who play this game are incredibly angry and have a loose grasp on this english language. My experience is 3 games total.

Is this just a fluke, or is this how the game is all the time?

would you rather spend 12$ or atleast 100 hours to get the same shit
keep in mind that in those 100 hours youre pretty much handicapped

Is good

why play siege when you can play cs, a more skillful game

300 hours and counting, i recommend it but know there is a steep learning curve and it will take you tonnes of hours to even fully grasp the basics of the game

Needs more effort user, you're barely trying.

Whats the difference between 2 year gold and complete?

>implying it's not true

>free weekend
what's the new team/hostage kill limit before you get autobooted? asking for a friend

2 tk's and killing hostage as defender are kicks insta-kicks irrc

many thanks!

Year 2 gold gives you all the ops and a small renown boost im pretty sure

>typical anime poster

I've heard the community is really toxic. How bad is it?
Don't wanne be kicked or tk'd for being a new player.

see you on the battlefield, gamer!

so what does complete add to that?

only if you are unranked
if you have a rank you will play against similar skilled players even in casual

Go to /vg/ they'll give you the rundown about all the flaws and pitfalls to avoid.

They aren't complete shills, they play the game but don't enjoy themselves.

Don't get the starter edition.
That's the main thing.

year 2 only gives you basegame + all year 2 operators the complete gives you the year 1 DLC ops as well (you can unlock them ingame for free anyways)

It gets better, year one the community was fantastic now it's getting a lot of shitty players thanks to the popularity / loot boxes

this

plus, only buy it if you live in europe or US

they have a system where if you have 150 ping YOUR SHOTS LITERALLY DONT REGISTER

i play often with 200ping because my internet spergs out and you literally get an advantage
stop talking shit because someone pushed your shit in

Most people arent gonna be dicks if you tell then you are new.

They get annoyed at the new guy who picks kill orientated ops and suck silently.

You are gonna get stomped for the first few hours.

read the patch notes you idiot, thats what they literally say

also, you only get an advantage in specific situation, in every other scenatio you're at a disadvantage

Play the free weekend before buying it, obviously, but keep in mind that because it's the free weekend:

>servers may get fucked
>you will be playing with a lot of other people who haven't played before

The difference between a total newbie and someone who's put time into learning the ropes is pretty wide. Map knowledge is pretty key.

Also don't buy the starter edition, even if you are fine playing as recruit your team will be pissed off if you don't go as an operator.

I'm going to buy the starter edition fight me rejects

i read all the patch notes and i also play alot with 220ish ping because my internet makes problems now and then and my shots never get eaten
use shotguns with 200+ ping and you are as close as unkillable as it gets
bonus points for cav + hue monkey on EU server with 400 ping

Is tachanka really as trash as the memes suggest?
I have only played one free weekend before and was hoping for more customisation like in the old r6 games so me and my buddies can terrorist hunt.
I used that dude and fuze and found them to be pretty good fun.
Never tried vs mode, so would I get rekt picking particular dudes?

I bought the started version and i already have 9 operators.Fully upgraded!Once i get 10 i'll just focus on playing those 10.

90% of the expensive operators are garbage and lack utility.
You are better off with just focusing on:
>attackers
Thermite
Thatcher or Twitch
Glaz
Ash
and Monty or Blitz for a shield guy
(Fuse can be very devastating depending on the map)
>defenders
Mute
Bandit
Smoke
Jager
Castle
Frost
(Mira can be good too)

Those are some of the most useful operators from what i've seen.

Tachanka is trash. He's literally a meme since he got got given a shield on his deployable M & which all the normalfag and redditors calling him 'The Lord' now. He's still a sitting target and just as easy to pick off now as he was before. Trying to use him in a real game is gonna get you killed quick by anyone who can the game somewhat competently.

vs the AI hes okay but the problem with his LMG is that it locks him in place and if the enemy knows exactly where you are it means you are already dead you just dont know it yet
intel is extremely deadly and tachanka is very predictable

>no Rook
>no Doc
>>>>>>motherfucking castle

castle is shit and in the hands of a good player is at best not harming your team while a bad castle will fuck you over again and again

>Is tachanka really as trash as the memes suggest?
Can be good when partnered with Mira or on some specific maps that let him abuse the terrain.

there's seriously people play doc?

Kinda like Fuze with shield, pretty cool to do cordinated mine attacks on non-hostage maps. Use the chaos to breach through

Thanks lads.
I found him great against even "realistic" Ai, but yeah maybe I'll pick someone a bit more useful for vs.

>castle not good
You mad?

Doc is good when you pair him with Rook and everyone is armored.On his own he is trash.

Rook + Doc anchor is annoying as shit to take out
both tank hits like thers no tomorrow and when you get one down he is behidn his Depl Shield where Doc just rezs him/himself out of your field of fire

yes i am mad when some copper IV retard locks our team inside the objective or castles the windows so that Fuze can jerk off while fuzing our asses without worrying about return fire

Its absolutely not. The time to kill is way too low when players get good.
>t. Plat 1

>he doesn't immediately pick Mute when he sees a castle on the team
Git good nab.

>without worrying about return fire
>what is C4
>what is jager
>what is mute
Learn to play.

it shouldnt need a complete change of playstyle just to fix the clusterfuck some lvl 40 walllicker caused by not listening to his team
>implying i dont impact 2 of his barriers and then go lurk somewhere else

i try to but sometimes Mute is already taken and wont listen to the team

>implying i dont impact 2 of his barriers and then go lurk somewhere else
What a retard.Impact a wall and keep the barricades on, you imbecile.

its not about me being unable to leave the room its about noone being able to get in/out of the objective without making noise/taking 10 years to rip off a barricade
castle should NEVER castle all doors to the objective except when the whole team aggrees to try something coordinated which doesnt happen often in ranked and even less in casual

most of the time its just a clueless noob playing castle and thinking hes useful by blocking all 3 doors/windows ASAP after match start
its no surprise that its always a

That is why you impact the wall and NOT the barricade.To change the workings of the map and confuse the enemy. Stop complaining about situation that are created by your own incompetence.

that seems amazingly retarded, and seems like it can't be true, if ranked people only get matched against similair ranked opponents, how is one team full plats while my team is silver and unranked?

>its not my fault, its yours

everyone agrees castle is garbage uncoordinated, stop being retarded

yeah but i just want to play as recruits.

I play on console because poor, nobody talks ever, even in ranked. Pretty chill honestly.

yes making more openings will sure confuse them and totally not fuck over our team

i am ranked plat IV and mostly play casual now and i rarely see someone who is lower than gold (except premades ofc)
there was an outcry about this casual "soft" matchmaking when it was introduced because the Pros cant sealclub new players anymore not even in casual because they will mostly meet players of their skill level

keep in mind this is a "soft" matchmaking meaning if it doesnt find other players for your skill rating immediatly it will go lower and lower until you have a match

>i can't play the game
>it is your fault
You have to be 18+ to post here.You also have to be 18+ to play this game.It seems that you are not.

go away castle main
noone likes you and your barricades are the worst gadget in the game
if you want UMP play Pulse and be actually useful

>having a hole at a spot that should be a wall and a barricade that cant be peaked trough and has to be destroyed as a wall
>it totally won't have any impact on the enemy team
Stay in silver kid.

>he plays his castle with the UMP
Are you for real kid?

works in kids room but pretty much nowhere else
outside of copper people are actually good at adapting to changing situations

shotguns are fun but the semi FBI isnt imo
but thats personal preference

How does the casual MM work.
I'm LVL 140 but never touched ranked apart from one time accidentally.

I still get matched with all sorts but it's not irregular to see diamonds/play stacks it's like a 50/50 chance. I hate playing against them because you have to play the game like John Wick to get a chance of winning and it just doesn't feel like Siege should feel.

well me and a bud are unranked, and almost every single match we are against multiple platinum's, sometimes even a DIAMOND player, and we get lv 60 Silver's on our team of course, and then we get curbstomped into oblivion because its super one-sided.

something is clearly broken if it can't find other unranked players for us to que against.

Lmao it gets so fucking infuriating when you get paired with diamonds from last seasons while ur plat. They literally kill you whether you roam or play super passive and defensive. The time to kill is definitely too low and sometimes it feels very cheap on both ways.
Plat 2 faggot here.

>outside of copper people are actually good at adapting to changing situations
Yeah, i've seen those good people panic, because they can't get in the the time is running out, i've seen them die to toe shots because they had only breaches left and getting trough that barricade without Ash,Sledge or granades is a real bitch when someone is shooting your toes.

Learn to play nab.

(cont)----> imo they shouldn't even let high ranked players be in the same pool as unranked or new low level players, a 3-0 stomp from a high level team on a low level one is not good matchmaking.

I know high ranking players whine about having longer que times if they can't get matched against low level players but cmon, the new players don't deserve that shit.

>minimum requirement 30gb memory
fuck i guess i'll pass it until i bought a new hard disk

because unranked counts as "all ranks" and the MM uses you to fill up matches
casual MM uses your ranked rank and other stats to match you
so you would need 10 ranked matches to get a rank

sure thing
happened to me too once or twice in 400+ hours but that doesnt make it a valid tactic considering how often it does not work

well that happens less if you get a rank or at least in the gold-plat MM it doesnt happen often
i think number of ranked matches played makes a difference too
in the beginning after my ranking matches i was gold IV iirc and saw copper now and then while now i rarely see low gold
maybe the high ranked you see in casual did their ranking matches + a few more and then stopped playing

iktf but 30gb isnt that much anymore nowadays

>considering how often it does not work
>you still have to spend a granade or an Ash shot for it not to work
>something you could've use on something else
People who dislike castle are not very good at math i've noticed that.

>tfw castle main and playing with a friend that's mute main

feels good t b h

almost every operator has some way to deal with them
they really dont work that well without a whole team planning around them
they only work if the whole team spends their whole gadgets /abilitys on other shit when castle barriers are actually a high priority target for every player who isnt shit

It's not too bad. I've noticed there's a lot of literal children on voice comms though.

Do you have friends that would also play it?
If yes, go for it

could be worse
talk shit get hit
most players are pretty nice to new players

They play it but hate it?

/vg/ in a nutshell
noone there likes the game they are playing

That is the best defensive duo right there. during attack on the other hand
>Blitz+Jackal
>jackal scans the caveira, blitz simply runs at her with shield up and dies from embarassment
Ultimate thot patrol

/vg/ doesn't need to shout 10/10 flawless *Metacritic Scores* to get a thread up for longer than 5 minutes so people can bitch about a game they play.

/r6g/ is one of the chiller generals with less circlejerks/NEETs

I played hours of terrorist hunt on all of the 360 games. How is it in this game? It doesn't have the moba meme mode in that does it?

>MOBA meme mode
do you know what a mOBA is? because Siege is nothing like that
play Raven Shield but yeah R6 3 is top tier for single player

>buy Hunt for Red October
>super excited to read it
>open the book
>"Dedicated to Ronald Reagan"
>close book

>150 ping YOUR SHOTS LITERALLY DONT REGISTER
Based if true. Pingshitters need to be purged.

T Hunt is a side thing.
Its nowhere near as good as something from Raven Shield or even Vegas.

Definitely only get Siege if you want the 5v5 and wouldn't mind a few rounds of T Hunt to unwind.

>Fuze with the new players
SOUTHERN NIGHTS
HAVE YOU EVER FELT THE SOUTHERN NIGHT
FREE AS A BREEZE
NOT TO MENTION THE TREES

its literally not true tho