Class tier sets removed

>class tier sets removed
>every raid tier is like ToV now, one set per armor class

They're removing more features with this expansion than they're adding.

It's difficult to balance the boredom of grinding with forced player retention. I guess that's their fresh take on it?

Its honestly going to be nice to not have 8 gear slots locked in.

2p/4p and two legendaries just makes getting gear upgrades nearly impossible after a while. Looking forward to it and maybe theyll bring them back next expansion

I kinda get that set bonuses were pretty overkill on top of Legendary procs, but their Legendary system is fucking trash and I'd have rather that got removed.

I do hear it's going to go back to the WoD model of 'everyone gets a single slot generic legendary' model though... which is also god awful fucking trash.

They could've done that just by removing the set bonuses, but now they've gone down by 8 transmog sets to collect and are using it as an excuse.

Important question that will define my future, whether I resub or not;

Will artifacts be removed? Or are they staying?

Removed, but it will be replaced with an identical system but with the "make ur OWN lore tier weapon ::::))))))))" gimmick

Removed, back to usual weapon drops.

>Remove tried and true system
>Add shittier one
Is there a petition we can sign to remove the systems design team?

False, don't know where you get this from.

They should just go back to MoP game design, with a few improvements. Just making valor gear not locked behind dailies would fix most of it.
Current WoW with all it's user activity metrics padding can fuck off. Flying at max level, no legendaries, no AP grind, no titanforging. The raid system entirely designed around giving the top 200 players the chance to poopsock 600 attempts on the final boss can fuck off too. The game would be in a much better place if they just focused entirely on providing solid 10-man raids.

Gone in place of it will be a necklace with traits tied to it.

Also no Zandalari druid dinosaur forms after all, guess I'lls tick to my Tauren.

You get an artifact necklace now

That also means better gear balance and more armor sets released.

Artifact WEAPONS are being removed, however everybody gets a necklace that works similar I believe

"I dont have enough time to do raids but I still want the gear"

>expecting Blizzard to put any effort into all the copy/paste races

lul

Oh wait sorry you're right it's "make ur own artifact armor now :::::::::))))))))))" with the azerite system

>more armor sets released

How? Even if in the first tier they have 2 raids like EN and NH in Legion and those each get 4 sets that's still only 8 instead of 12.

>every raid tier is like ToV now, one set per armor class

Is there proof of this?

Thanks for the help goys, guess I'm going to waste some more money, again.
Hopefully I won't quit after two months like in the past two expansions.

>Legendaries getting the fucking boot next xpac
Thank fuck the design team are a bunch of fucking tards. They should never balance a fucking game on random RNG items. So many people quit simply because of this bullshit.

So raids are now more of a FFXIV style of progression then? Good maybe this will finally give mythic raiders something to look forward to and actually balance the classes will be easier.

Wait, they are removing hero and titan forges right? pls tell me they are doing that.

You will, don't fall for the electric jew.

Everything you hated about artifacts WILL be back in one form or another.

Am I the only one wanting Blizzard to do something with the stupid numbers? Now I have 9000000 points of life, I do 14020210 damage, and I need items that gives me 2000000000 experience.

Yes. You can't honestly tell me raid numbers are not down this expansion. Nobody wants to sit around waiting for players that won't show up.

There's a number crush in BfA. Enjoy doing 150 damage a hit again.

No, they said they like the the titanforge system and plan to keep it.

>This trailer
>Grey, boring, colourless logo pops up

>After that, Classic trailer comes up
>Colourful, golden, eye-catching logo pops up with that hopeful music in the background.

I wonder if they know that WoW is fucked and secretly putting all most of their eggs into the basket that is Classic. Squeeze the last sliver of gold from this cash-cow.

Supposedly, they are doing yet another stat squish. It makes me wonder how they will fuck up this time around? Last time, certain level 60 blues were better than level 70 raid items.

If you do 150/hit in BfA, then your damage must be in decimals sub 100.
If not, a lv 60 could technically shit on WoD mobs.

set bonus literally did nothing but pigeon hole people. Fuck off fag

So there's absolutely no need to actually do mythic raiding once more, fuck the design team.

"Hey half your DPS is based around you getting these ungodly rare items that you can in no way work towards, but when you do find one its not gonna be one that matters and will probably hurt you more than help"
Legendaries were pure cancer this time around.

you seen the pvp shit they're doing? they really are

Yes they'll only scale the players this time

moron

Didn't they solve this with hidden health and damage modifiers in older content in previous crushes?

Man its so easy to spot people who never played or stopped at Emerald Nightmare.

Wew lads. The difference between BiS and bad legendaries is so small now. The only classes that are still outliers are Rogues and Unholy DKs. For everyone else the difference between the two BiS and two random legendaries is maybe 3-5%

Jesus shit, will there even be any point in changing from your starting gear until probably roughly level 80, when weapons start cresting 1.0 DPS?

>Class-based sets removed and replaced with instance-zone themed sets
Honestly, how is thiis a problem? How many holy robes for Priest or dark-colored skull armors for DK could you seriously want?

Especially since Raid gear is getting unique, hand-crafted HoA skills, this honestly isn't a downside, if anything, it's an improvment.

This is just another example of spergs who don't actually play the game having temper-tantrums about shit they don't understand.

Because there will be more ways to introduce new armor sets, like warzones or exploration like they did in Argus.

user, the stat difference alone in a 970 chest and a ring is huge. There are definitely still BIS legendaries.

Ion did have a point about that. I'm still wary about the change, but I guess all I can do now is watch and see how it plays out.

>They actually think Blizzard cuts features so they can put the costs they saved towards new ones

Make your own weapon is what artifacts should have been to begin with

this

>that image

Saved.

That was one of the absolute best things about the original stat squish. BOA gear was easily the best in slot because it offered so many primary and secondary stat bonuses compared to obtainable gear.

Yeah that would have been slightly cooler, like a basic two handed sword and you can unlock and upgrade each part of the sword differently like different blades, handles, and hilts all customizable based on what you've unlocked.

Nighthold was when I hit my limit and you're fucking right I'm going to stop there, two goddamn tiers of bullshit and you think you'll get a single shekel more out of me?

The Legendary system was barely fixed, you're still losing out if you don't get the one that gives you that full 5% bonus. You just won't admit it's shit because of all the time and money you wasted.

In the case of the Broken Isles/Argus, they removed certain class abilities like Garrote and then added it to RNG upgrade trinkets.

It still is unbalanced, literally at any log would tell you that.

I have 2 utilities leg and 1 healing leg that heals a % when i use a blessing on my HPally, i rarely play him now, i'd rather create another pally than waste my time on that character exactly as EN!.

Eh I'm gonna pass on BfA as well until they make it so you can easily skip past expansion content for multiple characters without paying out the ass.

Right now the cost for me for just getting into BfA is:
1. Price of Legion +
2. Price of BfA +
3. Time spent leveling character through TWO expansions worth of content/levels ×12 (otherwise $60? × 12 for level boost) +
4. Subscription fee for however long it takes me to do no. 3.

If BfA was a standalone game that I could just buy and jump into I would. But having to jump through all thise hoops just to play the content I want, no thanks. I seriously have 0 interest in WoD or Legion in every aspect.

>Replacing armor sets with different armor sets is a cut feature
>Replacing gear-bound skills with different gear-bound skills is a cut feature

Yeah, you're kinda proving my point.

>until they make it so you can easily skip past expansion content for multiple characters without paying out the ass.

You probably don't play Legion at all or you're just a casual idiot.

replacing 12 class sets with a cloth/leather/plate set per tier is a cut feature yes

Blizzard always gives away the current expansion for free a few months before the next one. You'll be able to buy BfA, get a 110 character for free, and jump right in.

>removed tier sets meaning less work on neat set bonuses and having to balance them
>no more work on making unique sets for each class
>just shit out some random trash based on the oh so amazing and interesting zones in BfA such as more troll shit armor and DUDE PIRATES icksdedededededede
>don't like it? it's ok, use transmog!
You're legit retarded if you think they're actually going to put effort into making GOOD looking armor sets for BfA.

If you wait until BfA is almost released you only need to buy the base game and BfA and you'll get 1 month of sub too plus a free 110

But I expect you knew that and you're just a mongoloid shill

You've been getting the wool over your eyes since WoTLK if you really want to defend against this, but you seem content wearing it like the sheep you are.

>"The team is adding art variety to the world in this expansion. There will be more options than ever before, rather than a 22nd take on the Priest fantasy."
>"The team will get back to class based art eventually, but for BfA variety is being added."
>"This is the first time that non class set armor will get the full high fidelity treatment. The additional 3D armor pieces and other details that go into the normal Tier sets will be applied to these new sets."

It's an improvement, especially when the class sets are so phoned in. Plus it remains to be seen how they'll actually implement this.

>almost 2018
>playing WoW
Why.

No better MMO.

>You're legit retarded if you think they're actually going to put effort into making GOOD looking armor sets for BfA.
???

DO YOU RETARDS DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT ALLIED RACES AND THEIR HERITAGE ARMOR ARE SUPPOSED TO BE? FUCKING IDIOTS WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT THEY'RE GETTING THE SAME OR MORE AMOUNT OF ARMOR SETS. FUCKING KILL YOURSELVES.

it's fun

Heritage armors are so cool, I can't wait to make a plate armor dark iron dwarf mage.

Well thanks for proving my point. Anything troll related is automatically fucking shit and should be discarded immediately.

You disgust me.

You're just defending laziness. Ideally there should be both class and zone gear, if only cosmetic wise. But the point is moot anyways since gear design is shit. I took a look at all gear set transmogs in WoD and Legion and only Stormwind set looks decent. Rest looks overdesigned.

>tfw you got the last elite pvp set you care about before your sub expires

Legion's boring. The PvE is tarnished by the rng-legendary system, PvP isn't fun, literally never felt like getting just 2k was a chore before, the only thing worth staying on WoW for is the RP and 90% of that is trash. Best thing to come out of WoW was making good friends that also play other games and also d&d campaigns that I run.

I hate nu-Blizzard and their cruel idea of what balance is (in all games, not just WoW), but I have to admit the ONE thing that has regularly improved with each expansion was the general quality of their armor.

If the preview slides are any indication, BfA will be no different there (god those longcoats), but I'm still not buying it because Legion shattered my trust in their class balancing teams and dressing pretty isn't worth that kind of money.

>Anything troll related is automatically fucking shit and should be discarded immediat

>locked to one specific race
>need to level from 20 to 120 to get it

>trusting nu-blizzard's blatant lies and aggressively defending them

And then theres this faggot.jpg

>Heritage armor is exclusive only to the race in question, you cannot transmog it onto anyone else
Great, uh, what about the, you know, races that have been around since Vanilla?

>2017
>playing wow

Literally fucking why?

the only good looking one is the troll set desu

Removing tier bonuses is a move in the right direction, you have no idea how much of a good thing this is.

There's still going to be sets for all raids, the difference is that you will be able to use more of them.

There's simply no other good mmo on the market.

>heritage armor
>race locked sets that only special snowflake autists that'll waste time leveling or waste money race changing to them will wear
Who cares?

Because wildstar was ruined by the artstyle

You dont get it if you race change or level boost it.

God damn that set is sick, esp the tabard. Unf

Of all the problems Wildstar has, you're saying it was ruined by the art style?

Yea it's not going to happen hence the skip.

Even then 10 of my other alts would be stuck behind two expansions worth of obsolete content. I like to level my dudes roughly together to take advantage of their different professions etc.

>buying the base game again
For what purpose.
Afaik expansions do NOT come bundled with a free month. It did not with WoD or Legion. Also
>calling an anti shill a shill
Brave move blizz. Brave but stupid.

>Wild star.

Did that game even get a expansion after its initial release ? Its too bad the games housing system was pretty good.

Still not the best DK set.

He's right though. That terrible, terrible art style is massive turn off for a lot of people.

I don't know, I got to like level 30 or something and it felt like BC/Wotlk just with a terrible art style

I was going to get that one, but it looks really bad on Female Night Elves. The boots and gloves are disproportionate to their slender arms.

Do you really need all 12 classes at max? Professions are worthless anyway, just pick the 2-3 classes you like best and play those.

>raid locked sets that only special snowflake autists that'll waste time raiding will wear

is now a good time to play wow for the first time

Just wait until the next tier and go get them quick and easy.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how about no