Do you think dipshits will finally stop giving EA money after all of this?

Do you think dipshits will finally stop giving EA money after all of this?

Normalfags will always eat up shit from EA. They're practically invincible what with their monopoly on sports.

No, look at the top sellers on Amazon.

Because a bunch of people who didn't play the game abused the score mechanic on some website because they were mad that skins cost too much?

Normies don't know what Metacritic is, hell normies don't even know who EA is at all, they'll just see a commercial with pretty gwaphics or buy it because they like star wars and that's it

I hope every Western AAA game becomes infested with such type of lootboxes like Battlefront 2

Indie and Japanese games are the future

But then at the same time, one has to wonder if that will eventually turn into EA being a niche company that only puts out FIFA, Madden & NHL games
I could honestly see it happening if this kind of backlash is consistent with other titles

>3.7 K neckbearded redditors abused another sites voting system like they always do in daily basis in their own natural habitat
>somehow this will discourage millions of normalfags across the globe from playing EA Sports™ games they have been playing since their childhood
>somehow this will discourage 14 millions people that bought the first EA Battlefront™
In order to see and give a fuck about the metacritic user scores you have to know about metacritic in the first place, they just see the youtube trailer for a game from their twitter feed and buy it from gamestop/steam/psn when it releases.

Of course not. Have you seen how many comments include the words "cancelling my pre order"? Battlefront 1 wasn't enough to turn the majority off of 2. If there are people that are only just now deciding that EA is fucking them over then I can't imagine how many complacent gamers are going to shell out at least $60 for a sequel to a huge disappointment.

Go away you mexi kike.

"like starwars" barely. They just know other people like SW and that is enough for them.

haha, no.

Everyone is falling for the temporary removal of microtransactions

Not an argument neckbeard. They will make profit like they always do and they will continue making this kind of crap and there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop this.

Mass Effect Andromeda sold 2 million copies.

2 fucking million.

The normies will eat this shit up.

No. They were voted worst company of the year, yet they've still been booming. This will be forgotten in a couple months.

no

I hope every Japanese game follows Fate/Grand Order's example and introduces fair gacha rolls.

Indie games are the future

Normies pay full wack at Game or their local supermarket or even EA's website.

Oh and of course Xbone and PS4 where you will never see any reviews or anything negative.

>le normalfags will always buy le games meme

yeah dude everyone bought mass effect andromeda

There are people so normie that they aren't even aware of this shitstorm.

>This will be forgotten in a couple months.
>not weeks

Step up your game.

>3700

It was actually 160,000 and still rising.

I think you can buy that game for about 2 bucks now.

I would only buy a new college football game, madden has been trash for over 10 years.

That's one example. We need more evidence before we can safely assume a trend.

Nope EA will sadly keep surviving on Fifas and Maddens. You would actively have to bomb their headquarters if you wanted them to Halt business and then they could probably build/move to another building.

Evil always finds a way.

I bought it originally for $36 dollars, then bought the Deluxe Edition off of Amazon for $11. It takes absolutely forever vs normal retailers, but when Amazon finally reduces prices on games, it's sweet.

Whales gonna whale.

of course not.
There will always, ALWAYS exist people who have more money than common sense.

No. They'll just fucking move lootboxes and more DLC in their sports games.

>buying the same game twice

Fifa

pls you only need to arrest someone from EA when he is bribing the sports officials to get the rights

company dead in a year

i hope this and wolfenstein 2 kills swedish game development.

EA, back at it again with the paid reviews

Didn't they still turn a profit and sold millions of copies? So yeah faggots will buy everything with a big name attached even if it is a steaming pile of shit.

The first battlefront got shat on too (even by some big game journo reviewers who gave it 6/7, which is the lowest they can go without being blacklisted), but still sold milions. This controversey is even bigger, but i'm not getting my hopes up.

No because user scores affect jack shit. Anybody can give a shit review and it throws everything out a wack. The only people who even put those in the spotlight these days now are faggots who abuse and brigade it. You really wanna them to drop the ball? Show the critics that review these games where you're interests resides. Give them the clicks and attention that outweighs the possible bonus they might give them. They'll see the money flowing in with the attention and cater to that instead. Just see Dunkey when he was given that one shitty game (forgot the name, but he called it boring) and was told to review it positively. He saw his audience wanting to expose the bullshit side of it and cash in on that instead. Same can work with the reviewers on metacritic.

They sold enough to break even, although it's far from reaching sales expectations.

>Dragon Age 2
>Do you think dipshits will finally stop giving EA money after all of this?
>Mass Effect 3
>Nu Battlefront
>Mass effect Andromeda
the cycle never ends.

The only reason the metascore is low is because a bunch of reviewers started virtue signalling after the lootbox thing blew up. If that didn't happen they would have rated it 95-100/100 like always.

No, most people identify themselves with their purchases and gamers spend their parent's money on literally anything. So they'll get the games and then they'll defend it as if their lives depended on it.

>User scores effect jack shit

It effects enough people that EA is sending out marketers for damage control. It's also enough that major youtube fags are talking about it, and everywhere I go people are talking about EA's failure of handling of IP's. They're also majorly talking about Disney stopping them from abusing consumers and their IP.

Notice how a specific 2 of them are on this list. You wonder why we see so much of this shit, it's not a coincidence. And if you even try and say a board that gets near hundreds of thousands of page views, and probably 10's of thousands of posts a week isn't worth marketing on, then you're delusional. We've had marketers scripts fail, employee badge ID's for marketing firms and major publishers posted here. Even had bethesda copyright claim a screenshot of their blunders for damage control so far as it being blocked from being uploaded to Sup Forums.

Every bit people hurt EA's image is a notch under the consumers belt. FUCK EA.

No

whales are the only people that matter.

Just looked at it now, did they reset user scores?

ME andromeda only failed because the devs lacked diversity. wh*Te people never have and never could make good games.

Wouldn't surprise me. I'm guessing the money transfer from EA must have cleared recently.

Go away shittingstreet thunder.

Absolutely fucking not.
Do you know why Reddit made an EA comment the most downvoted in history? Because they're going to buy Battlefront 2 regardless. Anyone who simply isn't interested in the game would just ignore what EA has to say about it because it doesn't matter to them. Every time there's an uproar about EA, it's because people are saying "no, you're ruining the game I'm going to buy!"
That's what EA does. They make games that they know dumb assholes will buy regardless of the shit they put in it, and kill off anything that doesn't have an audience of thoughtless consumers.

the difference is that while japanese industry is littered with those shit games there are still a lot of games without micro transactions and lootboxes being made. In the west it is becoming the norm

people still buy fifa,nba,madden etc, so stfu, EA love to kill another companies, they will kill dice soon. console faggots love to eat shit from EA/Activision.

It's pretty funny because at my local supermarket there was an advert for it playing on all the big screens and not one mentioned the lootboxes.

OP score is PS4 version.

wasn't most of Bioware Montreal brown people and women?

hahahahaha
no
This is just a case of drama, they'll do a month or two of damage control, giving people free stuff and all that, make some apologies, just make themselves look agreeable to the general public and then it'll be back to the same old shit

you're the delusional one here. The reason this shit was able to blow up was the critic reviews and journalists higher up parroted the lower user's interests along with their own. If we alone had nothing to back us up except that red dot of a user score, the only thing its gonna fuel is a fart in the wind. Many shitty games have gotten away with their cheap practices are proof of that. So the Critics control a major flow regardless if you like it or not. Because they are the ones who sway the ones that still buy this crap when we try to refuse.

Only 12y olds care about star wars anyway

Are you mad? Places like 9gag have not shut the fuck up about how they are fighting the power, but just today they are all “thank you EA, fire back up those cancelled preorders bois!!”

No, because Britbongs and Hue Hues will always buy their shitty FIFA games.

This.
If you want to stop EA kill everyone in europoor land.

I really don't understand the mentality of buying a new FIFA every year
Like, what do they even add at this point? better spectator graphics?