>get to seperoth
>save
>fight him
>he rapes me
>load save
>try to leave
>you can't leave
>quit game forever

You can create Materia set ups which either defeat them in one turn or have the battle fight itself if you're autistic enough to grind that long

>turn based RPGs
>Difficult

The absolute state of modern Sup Forums posters

Absolute Virtue

>enter battle
>spam kotr + omnislash
>done

I wonder what people though of the Weapons before they found KotR

I have all Characters at Level 99
I have all Materias and weapons
Whatever I do - it does 9999 damage
Even if I use 4x summon Knights of the round in every turn and use all defensive spells on my party and all debuffs on the enemy - I still can't beat this underwater-fucker!

>enter battle
>using quadra magic and master summon lets you quadra KOTR
>make sandwiches in the meantime

I do KOTR with 4x summon every turn
Omnislash & co pre-filled when I enter the fight
Have 4xSlash as well

You can't lock yourself out from leaving the northern crater you brainlet.

considering I've beaten both without KoTR and have never even used that cheesy strat to begin with, they probably just found other means of beating them, like, oh, I don't know, clouds omnislash which does nearly the same amount of damage in 15 less minutes, and the weapons charge his limit break instantly every time he gets hit.

A little RNG for emerald is all you need, and its not even that hard to get it, as for ruby, just drink an assload of hero drinks and summon hades against him and omnislash will dumpster him, too.

I killed Emerowd with the W-Item trick and Lucky Sevens

Never fucked with ruby

Look up the W-Item tick and Lucky Sevens

If you're not baiting, the Emerald weapon has an attack that deals 1111 damage per materia equipped, so if you have 9+ materia on a single character, they'll take 9999 damage.

You could still beat it like that with final attack + phoenix combo.

nigga it has a mechanic that makes it do more damage the more materia you have equipped, also its harder to grind to 99 without dying of old age than it is to beat emerald, you can beat him realistically around 50-60

iirc one of his attacks deals 1111x#of materia on a character, so you have to unequip shit you don't need to stop him from nuking you

Fucking this. If you even so got your team preparations wrong by just one tiny bit he TPKs you instantly before any turn starts.

Ruby is the one that fucks everyone because he has mechanical considerations before you even enter the fight with him, its kinda troll, but he is meant to essentially be a 1v1 fight, which is when he sandbags during the fight, if you ever bring people back to life / enter the fight with more than 1 party member alive he will annihilate you

Outside that, his gimmick is that he doesn't take lots of damage, but hero drinks can deal with that to some extent, and he is also pretty weak to status effects, which you may not think about because status effects mostly suck in FF7. Like you can actually stop this fucker and just sit there and shit on him and then stop him again. Hades + mighty guard is all you really need.

You can also cheese him with knights but that shit is gay, I want to fight a boss not go watch a movie while the tactic plays itself out

>so you have to unequip shit you don't need to stop him from nuking you
Or you just use Final Attack + Phoenix.

If you use the one time Save Point item too far in you can't get back out

This guy is the only weapon I could never beat. Fuck this guy

just use the save in that room before you descend on jenova synthesis, I don't even know if you CAN use it past that point, which is the only point of no return in that dungeon. I don't want to hear any bullshit about not knowing that is whats going to happen, because they literally have a team meeting beforehand in that room that says its going to be the final confrontation, you have to be a brainlet to fuck yourself in the northern crater, other than that one very specific area that glitches out the save point, should you drop it.

>Losing to seph

Were you level one with no materia?

>final attack + phoenix combo.
I actually do use that and yes, it's helpfull but only works once. When he does his 9999 insta-kill attack a 2nd time, that's it.

I always cheesed him, but like any other super boss in FF games, he has a routine he follows if you don't want to cheese it.

The great cheeser in FF8 is getting your characters super low on HP to have them in a high crisis level and then just using a holy war so you are invincible and spam limit breaks on him after you cast meltdown. He is as harmless as a baby after that

definitely hit this wall hard before

>literal "1v1 me bitch i'll bash yer fookin' head sware on me mum"
>in WotL you can't even exploit the infinite Job Points glitch to use a versatile combination

Fuck me in the ass both parts of this fight

oh my god even with savestates it took me an entire night

nigga the only strat you ever needed for him, was running in circles for 20 minutes spamming yell on yourself while you levelled up 30 times in the process, and then taking like 8 straight turns in both that and the next fight.

It's the roof fight that is some bullshit with those stupid fucking assassins.

>other than that one very specific area
oh yeah that's what I was thinking of, if you use the save crystal in the room where you initially split up it glitches and you can't leave

The trick is to be a low level so his HP isn't in the literal millions.

Osma is harder than either, simply because you can't kotr 50 times in a row and kill them before they move

Git. Gud.

His HP scale with your level? Never knew that

>Acquire a card like Laguna or Gilgamesh
>turn into Heros/Holy Wars
>literally unkillable

Elmdore is harder, it's entirely luck dependent when it comes to Rafa not killing herself and even if she doesn't kill herself you need units with very high speed to avoid being oneshot by ninjas or seeing them swarm her instead of killing you. First time I played I made it past Wiegraf after a few hours of messing with different jobs but I simply couldn't beat Elmdore because the only way I could get any unit to move before Rafa died was to make Ramza specifically an Archer and it just wasn't enough

I remember doing that but i don't remember if it's once per battle or not.

ozma is unique because he isn't an hp sponge super boss, but his gimmick is debilitating in that you can't reach him with melee attacks and that is how you shit on everything in FF9 endgame.

That and doomsday shits all over your party while healing himself in the process, still though, you can roll over ozma easily enough if you know the method

user, it's Final Fantasy 8. Absolutely every enemy in it scales to your level, even the first monster you fight in Garden's training room will have thousands of HP at level 99.

I'm fairly sure you can't use it after you enter the final descent. The one with the floating rocks and iron giants and zombie dragons, just before Jenova synthesis.

The save crystal can however glitch out the game, preventing you from leaving a screen.

>you can't reach him with melee attacks
do the friendly monsters sidequest

it actually doesn't, at least not in the PS1 version of the game, so user just isn't aware of that, or maybe he played the PC version of the game where omega properly scales. But in the PS1 version there is a glitch (i guess), where he doesn't scale, so even if you got there at level 10 or w/e he'd still have 1.2 mil hp and be level 100

>having only one save

They're not undefeatable at all.

Depends on the level of the materia. You can use it up to 4 or 5 times per battle if it's maxed.

That too: iir if Rapha doesn't move in a specific spot at the very beginning you might as well restart the battle.

youtube.com/watch?v=iEzi4soBnJc
What a cunt.

Yeah I played on psone as a kid. Never played the remake. I thought I was crazy for never noticing.

As with every other FF8 boss just aura spam Lion Heart and heal with the others.

>you can't reach him with melee attacks
>he doesn't know

The rooftop fight could be won with having a character go unarmed and changed to a low hp job. AI targets weaker units. And yeah if you didnt know that, weigraf-velius-elmdor is the trinity of game restarts in fft.

I'm aware of the sidequest but that kinda removes the unique thing about the fight, doesn't it?

That's a cool tidbit but I'd be amazed if anyone playing the game blind would have ever tried that rather than just giving up

Not impossible but it made me take a break.
Definitely a real casual filter.

>saviors of the world getting dumpstered by a fucking table

youtube.com/watch?v=rJV4KB7F_xc

pshhh....

>level 99 for Emerald
I don't remember what my strategy was, but I think it involved not having any materia on anyone except one character, on who you equip a KotR=Whatever materia absorbs MP, and Mimic (or whatever that's called). That way you can cast KotR an ifinite amount of times (pretty much) and that character will only get 3333 damage from the one attack. The other two just heal with items.

Game dev here
How do I create a very difficult turn based boss that isn't bullshit artificial difficulty?

This guy is a dick but Natural Dancer was the real casual filter, I had to stop progression completely and fuck around with fusion for a while to get Orobas to deal with DUDE MAGARUDYNE LMAO

>he can't defeat Ruby or Emerald

They're fucking easy. The only bosses that require at least some strategizing rather than just mindlessly vomitting limit breaks on them. Step your game up, if you want an FF with at least some difficulty play FFIV for the DS or on Steam. The difficulty in that game is drastically higher than the 2d version.

don't you have to get 65535 kills with his ultimate weapon to actually do this? Still funny even though its not worth it

KoTR isn't even the most broken attack in the game

Give them a diverse but set attack pattern that the player can feel rewarded for figuring out how to work around while also maybe including a mechanic that shitters can use to get past it if they absolutely must

Pic related is actually one of the best JRPG superbosses of all time but almost every player just considers him an unfair boss because they insist on summon rushing him and nothing else

Yep.

>there are people on Sup Forums atm who found Superbosses in FFVII undefeatable

This is the state Sup Forums is in right now. This is what happens when NeoGAF refugees, reddit, and tumblrites are allowed on this site.

Same, i killed both without kotor and Ruby as solo with Cloud since I never thought to start the battle with 2 characters dead. I just had to wait for perfect rng so it didnt eject cloud from the battle and i fought him for like an hour. Now i would do things differently if i would pick ff7 again

>using the HD version

>Literally cheating with a glitch instead of legitimately abusing the materia system to be OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=5XwPttDKBLI

I bet they grind for non-superbosses as well.

the only "difficult" fight in that game would be the Zolom if you go and fight it to get Beta spell

There is only 1 boss in the game that can fuck you over if you dont kill him quick so some grind might be needed. That is the damn Carry Armor, if it decides to pick up 2 of your party members and kill the last one by spamming that lazer thing, you are fucked

Can't you do the same but mimic Omnislash instead?

When I was a dumb kid I fought him a few times, then assumed I was supposed to be lvl. 99.

Then next months EGM came out with the final attack/phoenix/w-summon/KotR setup.

Sup Forums doesn't play games, they yap what their favorite eceleb said about each games and call it the same as being expert themselves.

Not even grind, just the optimal set-up with Big Gurad, regen and decent DPS materia.

Dullahan was not THAT hard.
As you said, you just had to not rush invocs like a retard, cast protection and keep your HP/resists high.
Meh I don't remember having any problem with him, which can be explained because I had my boi Orobas

That might be the reason why he always kills me. Thanks.

>First Hands-On

Was EGM late to covering Goldeneye? It came out like a month before FFVII did in NA.

If you have access to them that is. Im usually at pretty low hp values when i make it that far that 2 lazers annihilate my party even with big guard. Fuck hp plus materias

You are either lying or really shit at the game

How? Last time i played i went through the whole game using nothing but autoattacks, regen and haste

Its so easy to break FF7, the only challenging bosses are the optional ones.

HP/MP plus on everyone is kinda mandatory user.

That boss and Hojo are kinda late game casual filters

Thats more strat thsn most FF bosses

No
youtube.com/watch?v=1ovxL1wdjtI

>Grinding 64k kills or cheating when you could just use Cait sith's Game over instead.

Actually i did it. I just want to brag about it

Because Lucifer is SO hard and not a total pushover.

exactly

>nocturne
>spam freikugel
>win every "hard" fight

This took me longer than I'm willing to admit.

>not wanting to show HD disgust

You forgot focus.

>tfw you're locked out of most of the game world due to game being built on console limitations of the PS1
>You fucked yourself from being able to properly beat this guy on your first run

This game annoyed me. Also too much god damn emphasis in that fucking card game.

Literally