youtube.com/watch?v=dUozK4yYwOY
youtu.be/d0IghrOIdRY
youtube.com/watch?v=N9YxY244-VQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dISuBAGxw4w
youtube.com/watch?v=yrVFG9lqzX4
youtube.com/watch?v=xWOOs5giyE8
youtu.be/NsSQztFP2dM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The best designed performer is obviously Wario Land 3 you mouthbreather.

Oh wait you posted it

felt so good seeing this for the first time

Nice soundtracks even:
youtu.be/gY_6fJg9t7k

I liked the first game better, but 2 was fun with its invincibility/damage gimmicks and structure

>best designed
It is a mess

forgot link, this was the hypest shit
youtu.be/UPs1ei4oDSE?t=9m13s

Wario Land 3 is seriously a great fucking game. I don't know what compelled me to emulate it a couple years back, given the game's age and because I figured it would be a ho-hum platformer like Super Mario Land 1 and 2. Also because I didn't like Wario Land 4.

What I got was one of the most creative Metroidvania games I've played in a long time. It's easily in my top 20 games, and that's saying something for an old GBC spinoff platformer

Fuck, I want another Wario Land game. I just want another fun 2D platformer where saving the world is a side-effect of satisfying Wario's greed.

I still prefer Wario Land 4
Probably because it was my first very own game on my first very own console.
youtube.com/watch?v=dUozK4yYwOY

Personally I see a bit of Wario Land 3's influence in the way Super Mario Odyssey does the more puzzle orientated parts. Especially with the transformations.

Also Knucklotec has similar attacks to Rudy

Yeah Wario Land 3 is pretty good but I'd like to interfere with the best intro:

youtu.be/d0IghrOIdRY

I loved all the Wario Land games. Even the first one.

Wish they'd make another one for 3DS.

>Wanna touch it now?
>Your time is over
>I've had enough
>You like tough?
>This guy here is tough!
>What's the name of the bum?
>Now work it, WORK IT

What are the odds of a Wario Land 6 on Switch?

The golf minigame sucks ass

My nigga, the gba was also my first vidya device. My first game was Mario Kart Super Circuit, but i'm pretty sure I picked up WL4 not too long after

>Tfw I was the only one who liked golf

>when you slowly start to realize the music coins unlock a golf course

I've only played 4, what one should I play next?
I'm thinking 2 then 3

What you mean by music coin?

Still boggles my mind that they didn't remake Virtual Boy Wario Land for the 3DS.

There's a gray building with a sign that says GAME between the North and West sections of the world map.

Collecting all the crayons unlocks the golf course. Collecting every eight music coins in every stage unlocks the final golf course.

No real difference. 2 is a bit less forgiving and clunkier movement, but you start with everything and rewards you greatly for exploring and doing tricks. 3 has a much slower learning curve and you start with no abilities.

Not so fast OP

This stage is a blight on a otherwise good game.

What was the Wario Gamecube game like?

Isn't there a book about Wario Land? Anyone read it?

I miss Wario. I want a new Wario Land, hell I'd take a new Wario Ware, those are pretty cool too, but both series seem dead as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=N9YxY244-VQ

It's pretty cool, feels like a console Wario Land. Stages are pretty linear for a 3D game and there's a heavy emphasis on collecting treasure and other shit. Lot's of sub-areas with "challenge rooms". Game is kinda short but every stage has a boss at the end and every world has an additional big boss. The brawling mechanics are pretty neat too, you can pick up enemies, throw them around, pile drive them to the ground or swing em to hit other enemies like a spinning top.

>WarioLand 3 vs. WarioLand 4

Which do you like?

jeeeeeesus. it physically hurts remembering that

>not liking pinball zone
get outta here
Wario World was probably one of the greatest dissapointments for me. I cleared it 100% on the day i got it, and returned it the next day.
It was ok, but waaaay too short. There was some mini games where you could plug your GBA into your gamecube, but that got old fast. No replay value, nothing like 1-4.

How is it a mess?

Zero to none.

Not that guy, but I disliked the Metroidvania elements, as it just felt like they were artificially gating progress in stages. Weren't there also less transformations than WL2? I certainly grew bored of them more quickly, the health system also ruined some of the charm, and the difficulty seemed a lot lower to compensate for it.

I also remember disliking the world map, but I don't really recall why. Probably just because it differed from WL2.

>Not that guy, but I disliked the Metroidvania elements,
It isn't build like a metroidvania. Each level is a slef-contained segment. and level dedicated to bosses. That's the opposite of what a metroidvania is.

A metroidvania is an ever expanding map where you unlock new way to explore new part and boss room are part of the ever explorable map.

I mean the upgrades that make you return to levels for treasures.

Never happening.
Modern Nintendo seems to hate Wario for some forsaken reason.

There is no upgrade. you can basically get everything in a single run.

I know it, I 100% it with gold crown on each level.

youtube.com/watch?v=dISuBAGxw4w

This was one of the first games I ever played, so it will always hold a special place in my heart.

>17 years ago
I'm only 22, I shouldn't be feeling so old.

Not him, but key hunting in every level and losing all the keys every time you open a chest is the fucking worst. Also it completely sucks that you can't interact with most obstacles aside from starting a cutscene on the other side of the world that automatically removes it. Not to mention playing as Wario before you get all the upgrades isn't fucking fun. Backtracking sucks because you never get anything cool and exotic to explore with, just stuff WL2 already had. Add all that up and I don't feel the game was even worth playing. It's the only Wario Land game I can say that about.

The treasures grant power ups, like the flippers let you swim. I'm pretty sure you end up backtracking or at least redoing levels, as a result, since you don't have power ups that let you take certain paths through levels.

WAH

>all that backtracking
no way. 2 > 1 >>>>>>>>> 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4

Opinions on Shake It?

4, easily. I've played completed 1,2, and 4 but I dropped 3 like an hour in because Wario felt so bad to control in it, with moves that he had in 2 being removed in 3. People say 3 is like a metroidvania so I don't know if he gets more fun to control the more you play it.

In comparison to the start of 3, Wario was a joy to control in 4 in every way.

Oh, sorry, I thought you two were talking about Warioland 4. My apologies.

Oh, yeah, the power up in Wario land 3; I see what you are talking about, though I personally like that

>backtracking is inherently bad
>most of the levels had completely different routes you take after pressing the frog switch anyway
Shit taste

he's complaining about the backtracking in 3, blindo, he never said what his problem with 4 is

talking about 3, but 4's back tracking was pretty shitty too. the whole "redo the level but now backwards" was just another shitty part of 4.

>but 4's back tracking was pretty shitty too. the whole "redo the level but now backwards"
Except the vast majority of the levels in Wario Land 4 used a path to return that was different from the way one to go, so this is an invalid argument.

*blocks ur path*

>Weren't there also less transformations than WL2?
Actually WL3 had the same transformations as 2, but added invisible and vampire Wario.

bump

Wario Land 4 had the best OST
youtube.com/watch?v=yrVFG9lqzX4

Why WAS the text in Japanese and English anyway?

nope, only slight variations most of the time.

>tfw nu Sup Forums will never experience
>never know the feel of Wario Land 3 demo unit Game Boy Color at Walmart
>tfw first reacion wtf you play this by not just scrolling right all the time like Mario
>gotta use your brain
>buy the game
>hard af for a 90s kid
>hours and still haven't beaten
>months later you beat it and learn all its tricks and beat boss
>you feel on a whole other tier level of gamer

Good memories.

Did the Japanese version have English text too?

when miyamoto dies

the only in store handheld demo that I remember playing is the original mario vs donkey kong

>He doesn't know about Bubsy
Fucking newfags will never understand true art

>gotta use your brain
>hard af
>in a game where you can't die and the temple always tells you where to go
I like this meme

Not him, but just because you can't get a game over except for the final boss doesn't mean the game can't be hard, especially for a kid. Some of the later levels require pretty precise platforming if you don't want to be sent back to the beginning.

I found a boxed copy of this in an old abandoned house, is it worth anything ?

No, most of the time it's a different route.

>when the bear shoots you with ice and sends you sliding off the city stage

>when the caterpillar sends you rolling down from the top of the tree
and of course the spider boss uses the same move

Mutha-fck-ie! Ye, yee, yeeee...

Yes, you unlock abilities that let you explore more areas in previous levels. After you get them all, Wario controls the same as in 4.

FOR THE DREAM
THAT I HAD LAST NIGHT

2 > 4 > 3 > VB > 1 > World > Shake It

SOMETHING SOMETHING PILLOW
>nailed

Nice.

What was wrong with 4?

Same situation here with GBA original

I never liked World, I found it too repetitive and boring.

Why don't I remember this level?

that's not Wario Land 4

WL3 is still great

Definitely 3. I really don't like what they did with 4.

Less stages in 4, and it's mandatory to scour them for all the collectables in it except the music, so it's less cool exploration/discovery. Having a health system is awkward with still having forms from getting hit by enemies. I don't like the music in it compared to the other Wario Land games either.

Why people like 4 so much? I don't hate it but the game feels so short for me compared to 2 and 3.

same reason you wouldn't recognize a microscopic closeup of the back of your hand

I didn't know there was an entire level themed as the bonus puzzle rooms you find in worlds.

Is this a secret/bonus set of levels?

It's wario land 4, not 3.

Yeah I still don't recall this at all I must be retarded.

Human brain sometimes blocks traumatic memories so maybe it's that.

it's just pinball land

youtube.com/watch?v=xWOOs5giyE8
Onkly one leve, that might why

Does it have a boss at the end?

WL2 is my favorite Wario game. Best platformer ever made is Yoshi's Island.

>boss at the end of a wario land 4 level
did you even play it

GROSS

WARIO

WAFTS

Yeah beat the princess or whatever in time and got all the chests but I don't recall a fucking pinball level.

>pink baby doll boss
>fly trap plant boss
>¿¿¿
>¿¿¿

and then last boss right?

>best designed 2D platformer
>Small shit levels with barely any design or exploration
>Gets rid of all your abilities that you had in Wario Land 2 and 4 did the implementation of the abilites way better. Wario is practically a useless guppy in the game and you're forced to deal with his shittiness
>Get booted out of the level each time you nab an item.
>Linear as fuck and you have to backtrack constantly and you're redirected to another level before you even do anything worthwhile.

It has good music but no, it's a shit game, Wario Land 2 and 4 are far better games.

There is still not 100% speed run of Warioland 4 on S-Hard.

>4's back tracking was pretty shitty too. the whole "redo the level but now backwards" was just another shitty part of 4
Confirmed for not playing 4.

Some sections of 4 forced you to take a new path (Monsoon Jungle, Lakeside Cave level), Some made you complete the rest of the level but now harder and intensely time (Doodle Woods/ Pinball Zone
Some had some gimmick (Big Board)
Some completely changed up the level (Lava to Ice)

The backtracking in 4 was well done, it was pressuring the player, giving them a new challenge, tested their knowledge of the mechanics under strict and harder contexts of the level (the first level is a timed level in Super Hard mode)

youtu.be/NsSQztFP2dM
>mfw this thread reminded me suddenly of this level
I remember getting stonewalled at one point because I didn't know about the bodyslam into crouch move. Stuck for ages. And that Metroid tier vertical shaft with one block wide footholds. How the fuck did 12 year old me do it?