Anybody here play Metal Gear Solid VR Missions (or Special Missions if you're in Europe)?

Anybody here play Metal Gear Solid VR Missions (or Special Missions if you're in Europe)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fRj34o4hN4I
youtube.com/watch?v=lxAumTL7-SI
youtube.com/watch?v=aKMTRN1z5nQ
youtube.com/watch?v=krDRqZrMiR4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How often do MGS and MGSVR Missions go on sale on psn? I wanna buy them but I have no idea when they do sales or how to keep track of it cause I never use my ps3

What does Gray Fox control like?

I don't think I've ever seen them go on sale, but they're cheap enough that I would say to just go for them.

I was able to find some site that listed sales history, looks like it goes on sale about 2 times a year, goes all the way down to 2.49 so I might wait.

the mei ling stalkerish missions are fucking kino desu wit you senpai

Broken as fuck.
You don't even bother hiding unless there's a stralth requirement (he has one mission where you have to kill a fuckton of people in 1 minute), it's like a different game.
He's insanely fast, full invul on his flip, he has these lunging sword slashes that are self-projectiles that pass through enemy hitboxes while also killing them, he can block bullets, he has this weird jump move that does an AOE knockdown.

what fucks me up about that is that it's the Arsenal Gear Rectum area.

that's what mgs2 was going for. the whole "was it real?" shtick until mgs4 came out and fucked that all up. the whole game hits the hexagon motif hard.

Exactly, and what's even worse than MGS4 coming along and ruining the ambiguity of 2, is that people use the context of 4 to critique 2 as if it is MGS2's fault that 4 gave shit treatment to the questions left behind.

God, what a mistake 4 was.

It's over lads, we're done for. Metal Gears are coming for us. It was nice knowing you.
youtube.com/watch?v=fRj34o4hN4I

>hear about Special Missions and playing as Gray Fox as a kid
>every week go down the local Electronic Boutique and scour the used games bin in hopes that it might show up
>one day it does
>get home giddy with anticipation
>you have to play through all the bullshit VR missions first

I never did get to play as Gray Fox

I actually 100% this shit. If only I still enjoyed video games enough to even finish a game now.

there's no cheat like there was in Substance where if you name your profile the Konami code you unlock all the characters?

That's a shame. I once bought it from a kid in my town, I was so excited to play it got home only to learn that the disc wouldn't read.

>he didn't enjoy the challenge
i'll admit some of the missions get a little stupid but grey fox is so fucking busted i can see why they gated him off that way. it'd suck all the fun out of the experience if you got him via trivial effort.

Fun as fuck too

Yeah i completed it

Im sure it showed you a schematic of metal gear ray if you got 100%

youtube.com/watch?v=lxAumTL7-SI

That's really cool.

Eu covers for MGS and MGS Special Missions are god tier.

The MGS2 VR Missions were so fucking good, I 100% them, but I never did get this. I feel like the mode is perfect for the arcade stealth of the first 2 games.

Vr missions would make a perfect angry birds era mobage.

ANGRY BIRDS ERA being the keyword.

>you create and customize your agent with different clothes and MG styled shit.

>the stages are given in sets, focused into different gameplay aspects, being stealth, execution, photo taking or weapon mastery.

>As the months go on, new purchasable sets are available with new challenges.

>as time goes by they can add new mechanics and stages outside the vr world, like mgs3 style camouflaging, the mgs4 solid eye, pw fultoning, etc.

But then again, the angry birds era is over and we will live with shit like survive.

The way I remember it I just stopped running normally at some point and just use his katana spin to move forward.

I also instantly had the gameplay music for Gray Fox in my head the moment I saw the pic in the catalog. Catchy as hell.

Yeah I 100%'d it about six years ago for the first time.

Don't know if I will ever do it again due to the puzzle level sections, which should've been renamed to "Break Game Mechanics"

I loved the mystery missions desu. Shame 2's VR missions didn' t have any.

>Still no vr missions rerelease on steam with a simple level editor

Big Boss can go to hell

>Still no Legacy Collection on PC

It's literally all I want. Konami will 100% be redeemed in my eyes if they do this. It would future proof the franchise and I wouldn't have to worry about keeping a working ps3 around.

I pirated that game just to play he gray Fox Missions. Was really disappointed that there were only a couple of them, was pleasantly surprised with the rest of the game actually being good.

Also that OST was amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=aKMTRN1z5nQ

Fun as fuck. I was positive a game was gonna be made around that gameplay and it would have been glorious.

MGS2 hd was ported to the nvidia shield recently.

Maybe theres a chance, right?
Also, who agrees that the MGS2 vr world is the pinnacle of vr world aesthetics in gaming.

>how the world builds up and changes.
>how the look and colors are tied to the systems date and time.
>how the targets are materialized and destroyed.
>all the small data details and stuff.

How in the seven hells hasnt anyone tried to do this?

Mgs3, 4 and pw have a lot of product placement, integral to the plot even, konami wouldnt dare to pay all that money for the rights.

I honestly don't remember anything form 2's VR even though i did it all. I didn't enjoy it as much as the first. Fucking loved Snake Tales though, straight up kino.

those detective puzzle ones are ace.

>its called special missions in europe
>look at case
well fuck me you're correct. mind blown, I swear it says VR ingame.

>Also, who agrees that the MGS2 vr world is the pinnacle of vr world aesthetics in gaming.

Absolutely, I was a huge fan all the way back in 2002 with the release of substance and always thought they were criminally underrated. I'm glad the trophies at least got a few more people to try them out.

>how the look and colors are tied to the systems date and time.

Is that really true? I thought I knew everything about MGS2 but apparently it fucking never ends

>Virtual Reality Japanese level
>Yooooooooooo

youtube.com/watch?v=krDRqZrMiR4

I used to play this a lot, but I don't remember ever finishing it.

Mine is EU release but in CD-R case, the multi-level case version.

I'm strongly considering buying this, and playing it a bunch just because I never have, curious about those Detective ones, because they sound fun. Then, get good and comfortable with the MGS1 mechanics again and after that do a story playthrough of MGS1 cause I haven't done one in a few years.

How good is ePSXe 2.0.5?

Gonna buy this on psn, hope i don't regret it.

Mostly is day-night cycle stuff, but yeah.