Is he finally dead?

is he finally dead?

at this point i think sonichu has a higher brand value

where did it go so wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1LTP2c-Vjus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sonic Mania is a shining hope for the future of Sonic, but only if Sega can swallow their pride

Probably when sonic team employees moved on years ago.

its weird how well mario is doing compared to sonic. maybe he just has a boring universe, boring friends and no character development

Sonic was never good.

The only thing that has kept sonic alive post millennium has been furfags

They can save the entire franchise with a modern chao garden. I'm honestly surprised they haven't made a mobile game chao garden yet. They should just fucking hire me. I'd save the company.

I liked that they fully embraced the cancerous side of the franchise with Sonic Forces. It felt liberating in some weird way.

If Sega is able to embrace the Mania direction and finally admit that having a 2D game isn't a bad thing (like Rayman) then Sonic is far from dead. If they act like the typical stubborn Japanese and refuse to accept that Mania was better than their efforts then Sonic is fucked.

user, I want you to listen to me. Listen very carefully.

Sonic will never die. The franchise is primarily made for children, of which there is an endless supply, and there's also autists and furries, of which there is also a seemingly endless supply. It doesn't matter how bad the game is. Sonic '06 was a Platinum Hit for christ's sakes. They will always turn a profit. Always.

And as long as that happens, Sonic will never die. Your grandchildren will be asking the same question, and their grandchildren after them. Sonic is going to be around as long as video games exist.

Hi autismo

Just give him roller blades and a gun

“Is this the end for Sonic?” asks man on Sup Forums for the 8374th time

Sonic will be around as long as humanity's around.

>360 million copies sold

He's more alive than ever.

What gimmick do you think they put on the next game?

>sonichu has a higher brand value

Only in Chris-chan's extremely diseased mind.

Forces isn't even bad. When will memers stop pretending like some Armageddon happend?

>Sonic Forces was at the top of the charts in the UK first week, above Super Mario Odyssey

Not sure what the rest of the world had for sales numbers, other than Japanese sales showing it ain't doing too well as expected from Sonic in Japan. Sonic will still be around for a while though.

Mania style games can't last forever, though.

It's not bad, it's just painfully average. More so than Lost World.

this

Dating sim is the only thing that would make me buy this game at this point so I can marry my waifu Metal

It's a pretty massive disappointment, though. 4 years to put something out and they ended up regressing pretty badly for Modern and Classic gameplay styles.

DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT SONIC!

I'd like to see how it did compared to Colors and Generations first week in Japan. With aspects of the game and marketing clearly geared towards the Japanese, I wonder if it made a dent at all.

It sold just under 5000 copies first week in Japan.

>those few years with Shadow, 06, Secret Rings, Sonic 1 Genesis
>it didn't killed Sonic
>thinking that it will die now because of a meh game and that Wii U Boom

Kek. Please.

Sonic and Devil May Cry are cancer and have lowered my opinion on young white punk ass hippies.

Is this what counts for shitposting nowadays?

>Game is over in two hours
>Classic Sonic is shit
>Hero character is shit
>Modern Sonic is incredibly short and only like two of his levels are any good

Fucking stop defending Sonic

Actually 10,000 on both PS4 and Switch. It's actually good sales for Sonic in Japan, slightly more than how Generations sold the first week.

Go home Ryusei.

'on both' I mean PS4 and Switch altogether, not respectively.

when was the last sonic game to get over a 7 on metacritic? or a 7.5 even

the only reason its still around are because we are old enough to remember the good sonics. the kids who grow up now only remember the shit sonics so wont buy more

Forces killed the hope though.
It's like they intentionally released Mania to give this ray of light only to crush us completely with this abomination.

Sonic needs a complete aesthetic and gameplay overhaul from top to bottom i.e. Breath of the Wild

Haven't you seen Forces? Everybody except the "muh OC" faggots were heavily disappointed

Why would you ever buy a 3D sonic game?
Even coming off the hype of Mania there was no reason to believe Forces would be anything but total shit.

Don't know why you'd have hope after Mania.

That's like leaving an abusive boyfriend to find a new boyfriend that's completely different and great, then going back to the original abusive boyfriend and expecting him to be as nice as the other guy.

maybe they should just stop with godawful 3D games than. Not ONE of them is good

The first 3d Sonic game in four years and it's probably the most disappointing release of the year.

Yes, its not Sonic 06 bad, but it doesn't stand out in any regard and every time a cool thing happens they chuck it away 30 seconds later.

Mania, duh.

If you mean a 3d sonic, that was Generations.

I can't believe that game was good, it's like it was a fluke. Just when you think they are learning and finding their niche, they start fucking up massively.

he's dead
Two terrible games like 06 and Boom didn't kill sonic but one below average game did because that makes sense
also let's continue to ignore the other sonic game that came out this year that was actually good
yup, they will never be able to recover and he's dead now

Maybe not dating sim, but some waifu pandering is a great idea. It'd be great if you could have your OC romance Sonic's friends. All the different characters is one of the big appeals of Sonic, and expanding on that could add a lot to the game.

>boring universe
That's not the problem, but I really dislike the aesthetic of Sonic. Robots are super lame, real creatures would be much better, Eggman is overly cartoony and in a bad way.
The ring system is annoying too. I hate how you lose everything.

But I've barely tried Sonic games so don't know in depth.

>Forces killed the hype
Why do people keep saying this? They're not even made by the same team. Are people just that desperate to find an excuse to say Sonic is dead again?

3d sonic is dead

2d sonic can survive fine as a kind of nostalgia trip. they make good games but the 2017 market for a 2d platformer is limited

anyone who buys a 3d sonic game in 2017 is the cancer of the video game industry

>maybe he just has a boring universe, boring friends and no character development

That's completely false.

Pretty much.

Nah, it's more about the quality of the games

I still don't get who likes sonic.
Literally no one I knew growing up gave a shit.
He's like Mario for autists and furfags.

>Robots are super lame, real creatures would be much better,
I think they're done fine in most games. Usually the badniks would be based on real animals and insects and each Zone would have their own unique badnicks (for example, no robot would be used in another Zone except for a tiny handful of exceptions).

>Eggman is overly cartoony and in a bad way.
If we're talking about modern Eggman, then I agree. I think Classic Eggman's design is much more timeless but I feel that way about most of the classic designs.

>The ring system is annoying too. I hate how you lose everything.
The ring system is genius for Sonic games though. It's allows newer players to make mistakes and still go reasonably fast until they get experienced with the game to know what's coming next if they weren't quick enough to react to obstacles in previous playthroughs.

nostalgiafags
old people
furries

The original super mario games were always boring and your nostalgia goggles will never change that.

is this serious? jesus

So what's your favorite cooking with Eggman?
The new one was pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=1LTP2c-Vjus

I don't have nostalgia goggles, I havent even played them to completion. I'm talking about the characters

It's really hard to argue with someone who've been hit by a massive terminal fanboyism

Just get a team to make a 3D game that penders to Adventure nostalgia like Mania penders to 2D nostalgia. Easy.

>where did it go so wrong?
Adventure.

Only the 3D ones were never good.

It's time.

He's a product of the times and he's survived solely on his design for this long. All of his games are mediocre at best, but he's one of the best mascot designs.

Robots aren't the issue, but post-Heroes, Eggman's designs have been absurdly fucking boring. Far less unique per-stage designs and weird animal-like ones, just throw generic robots everywhere.
arguably, SA2 started this trend with the GUN robots, but those at least looked kinda cool

>maybe he just has a boring universe, boring friends and no character development
imagine being this wrong

the real issue is that Sonic games have been absurdly mediocre for nearly the last 20 years
even when Sega does something right with him, they tack on other entirely unnecessary bullshit
at least there's a decent chance of there being a Mania 2

will i ever love myself as much as my ex loved me

>hating sonic is autism
oh fuck is this the twilight zone?

Will Espio get his own game?

I'm so sorry user.

They need to make Super Sonic Odyssey if they want to win back the 3D crowd
And by that I mean they fuck up like Lost World was to Galaxy/3D world

Mania Team and Utopia will save it.

>mfw seeing the enormous success of Persona 5, Sonic Team gets Atlus to make a Persona-esque Sonic JRPG
I could see them actually doing this

Tell that to Kirby.

persona only sells for the waifus. sonic doesnt have waifus other than for a small subset of mentally ill people

i need the fucking source
i want to see the aftermath of this shit

He bounced back from '06, he'll sure as hell bounce back from this. The likelihood of him ever truly dying is about as likely as Mario dying.

Jesus Christ, m8, get out of that rock.

Nope. Y'all keep giving it attention. Doesn't matter if it's positive or negative. As long as Sonic is in the public mind, it's going to persist.

Brand's in the shitter? They'll just keep making fun of themselves and join in the laughs. There's really no destroying it unless it's flat out ignored and made to die. And that's not going to happen because kids will flock to it, and oldfucks will stick around by a fucked up sense of brand loyalty.

Nothing will ever come out of Utopia.

Will the Mrania Tream come back for a sequel?

>it's still pinned
The story book girls were cute though.
And the ghost
Too bad no third one based off of penny dreadfuls or folk tales for another qt

Then why did they just release key art fort it today? Tick tock, user, TICK TOCK.

Mania.
Before that, Generations for the main series and All-Stars Racing Transformed for spin-offs.

>game never comes out
>Source code released
>modded levels finish the job and create constant BTFOs with Sonic Team
Good future.

Will you resign and stop ruining the series potential?

>hating on utopia just because it doesn't appeal to your weird fetishes
why is the sonic fanbase full of degenerates?

I'd be deeply ashamed of myself if I was anybody at Sega and I saw that webm.

On an unrelated note, why does Sega insist on giving Classic Sonic the assface from the old American designs? He didn't have it in the original Japanese art.

finally you guys are starting to wake up!!!... yes is purely design,
Sonic is the graphic design equivalent to half naked lesbian kissing dressed with an school sports uniform, and trying to open their bluses, holding their hands at chest level...

I'd be ashamed of being involved with Forces after Mania.

Utopia is fucking dog shit. Your IQ is in the single digits if you think it's anything good

What Sonic Team really needs to do, is never fuck with 2D nonsense again. All these pieces of shit want the series to remain stagnant and to never move forward. Off yourselves. The true potential in this series lies in 3D.

I don't hate it, I just see good alternatives other than the game's release.
Poor newbies

>sonic doesnt have waifus

Wrong.

>Utopia is fucking dog shit. Your IQ is in the single digits if you think it's anything good
>What Sonic Team really needs to do, is never fuck with 2D nonsense again. All these pieces of shit want the series to remain stagnant and to never move forward. Off yourselves. The true potential in this series lies in 3D.

>The true potential in this series lies in 3D.
It's been over 15 years since their jump to 3D and barely beat a bunch of experimental games for their last ever console baring a couple releases.
Then they fucked it up with the last two 3D games.
What they need is 2D and 3D, but we can't even get good 2D physics from them, let alone recreating a good feel in 3D as of now.
They need to get their shit together as a studio before even fucking with the series.

Bait aside, I sorta agree. Give 2D Sonic to the Mania team and stop using it to compensate for shitty game design.

They fixed that for his Forces model though.

>classinc Sonic can't talk
>classic Tails can

What the fuck did they mean by this?

Good.

>"M-MUH NO GOOD GAME IN 15 YEERS"
>"M-MUH PHYSICS"

Meant 2D and 3D as seperate enities, like what would've been this year with forces and mania if forces was good.
Just stop fucking with 2D elements as a crutch when they can't even match your first ever games