So I started playing this yesterday since it's free on Humble Bundle right now, and holy shit...

So I started playing this yesterday since it's free on Humble Bundle right now, and holy shit. This is the most confusing, pretentious shit I've ever see. It's the "Only God forgives" equivalent of vidya.

THE JOB

>playing Killer is Dead for the story
kys

It's pretty good.

yeah it's pretty dumb and nonsensical, and not in a fun way
also the writer is obsessed with the earth and the moon for some reason

Big ass fan of suda51 here and let me tell ya after playing every fucking no more heroes game, lollipop chainsaw and then this I realized suda51 is repetitive as fuck, they all use similar combat mechanics and only a few games under him offer anything else.

Then again I should have expected that, japanese games tend to carry shit on like that, that said I expected more from killer is dead, hoped it would really activate my almonds

>he's never played a Suda51 game
I mean, this shit is exactly the reason I love his games. Just vague stylish nonsense that creates an air of mystery and gives off an occult vibe.

>only a few games under him offer anything else
Suda hasn't actually directed anything since the first No More Heroes.

KILLER

best magnum

This is what you get when
> video game is Art too!

IS

KANGZ AND SHIET

>30fps
why

Sucha big fan you don't know he only made one game you mentioned.

Is today retard day? It's not a Suda game.

Looks like you're the retard

Betty is best girl

No, I'm not a retard for not calling a VIDEO GAME a *insert designer here* because he wrote a miniscule fragment of that game's shitty, unimportant story.

I really liked it though. It felt kind of fun progressing more and more.

>he wrote a miniscule fragment of that game's shitty, unimportant story
You have great insight about the game's development, user. Surely you can back up your words by reliable sources.

You can patch it. Look up the wiki.

You suck, OP. God forbid we have one video game that does something different with its story. It's not every day we see games go for the surrealist style that Killer is Dead did.

>complaining about story in a game
i bet you also think that DMC3 is garbage.

You need to play killer7.

>Big ass fan of suda51
>doesn't even know which games Suda even fucking directed
You're just retarded, but go on

I'd imagine that most people who would start killer7 in this day and age simply wouldn't stick with it. It's unfriendly, inaccessible, dark, and fucking weird. I love killer7, but I have a hard time recommending it to anyone. I've tried recommending it IRL to a few people and I don't know anyone that's actually stuck with it.

It's weird, it plays better than both Killer7 and No More Heroes and yet is somehow less fun than either of them. Also, the gigolo missions can fuck right off, they're just plain boring for ogling women as hot as what this game offers. I mean, it has fucking Scarlett for God's sake. I don't know how they fucked that up so badly.

Be glad they turned out as well as they did and support Mondo's character and views as well as they do. The gigolo missions were never originally meant to be there, the publisher wanted the game to have more "sex appeal" though.

>The gigolo missions were never originally meant to be there

I'd believe that.

>that random twist of whatever at the end
>obvious plothole suddenly opening up even further once you're at that ending
>it's never resolved, ever

Honestly this is what pisses me off about it more than anything else.

>pretentious
when did it try to be smart?

its a piece of absolute shit. i finished it, and i'll never touch it again

Play Battlefront II. It was made for people like you.

I think what OP means is how completely full of itself the story feels for a large part of it. It's absolutely absurd and stupid, and too many parts of it don't add up or make sense OR are never explained. It's one of those "You really don't know what's going on do you? *laughs confidently*" kind of plot threads that you see in anime that was poured on real thick in this game.

I think he means THAT sort of shit.

>Big ass fan of suda51
>only name one of his games which is the most mediocre of all

I pre-ordered the game. Enjoyed it a lot.
Still have the diorama pieces I never put together into a figure.
It's a good GAME.

>he's too dumb to understand it
Typical.

>It's absolutely absurd and stupid
yeah, but I never got the impression that it was really full of itself. just batshit retarded and it knew that and ran with it.

Reminder that Mundo got his arm by killing Osama Bin Laden.

Then for fucking what. It's objectively the worst Suda51 game if we are talking about pure gameplay mechanics and Suda51 is already pretty controversial in that department

The moon bullshit doesn't really make any sense. Although people in suda games that gain silver eyes are typically hunted and killed for said eyes, kinda like in naruto people trying to steal each other's sharingans.

You really haven't played enough suda games if you're seriously claiming this one to be the worst gameplay of all the games.

That the story of that game is fucking shit? That's a fact.

The point is it isn't a Suda game. Stop moving the goalpost, retard.

>how completely full of itself the story feels
The first time you meet the antagonist, he's in a shiny golden banana hammock, clipping his toenails.

>It's objectively the worst Suda51 game if we are talking about pure gameplay mechanics
This tells me you never played the game past its normal difficulty setting, or don't know the first fucking thing about character action games.
>tfw it's a perfectly capable and quite good character action game in terms of its mechanics, and offers easily the deepest mechanics of any of Grasshopper Manufacture games
Imagine being this retarded