youtu.be/fulW_O2ljbo?t=10m38s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>board filled with nintendobabies
can't say I'm surprised

I do own a switch, yes.
that's the bait response you wanted,
right?

That's a funny looking Switch.

Only advantage PSP had---emulation---was destroyed up decent phones last year or two. Because no one outside of terrible weebs want PSP exclusives---and even those are emualtable on phones or tablets now.

It had great games, but the controller was terrible and fragile.

Say what you guys want about the joycons, but at least with then you don't need to trow your console in the trash because of a fucked up stick or buttons.

>emulating on phones

>can't even play vita games
trash

I do own a PSP (2000). It's somewhat beat up, but still very much functioning. Battery is dead, but it can be replaced. Analog stick is still in prime condition SOMEHOW (really built to last).

But I plan to sell or recycle, and get a 3000 instead. I want that better screen.

the joycon is twice as expensive as a psp tho

fucking hell was the psp that small?

I gave my PSP away to a friend. It was probably among the worst decision I've made.

>1999+18
>owning a handheld
I'm not a child.

>Black
>fighting game
Not surprised

>Not a PS Vita that can play every single PSP game + PS Vita games

But I do own one, although I hardly ever use it any more

definitely was. I bought off a psp from my friend and he regrets selling it

>better emulation
>bluetooth controllers, so no missing buttons/2nd stick
Yup.

this, adrenaine is fucking great. FFVII on vita

I bought one off a guy in my math class in high school. I don't remember playing many actual PSP games on it. I played Spider-Man 2, some gladiator game, P3P, Crushed, a Tony Hawk game, My Lord SomethingSomething Dungeon 2, and a racing game here or there. What I mainly used it for was PS1 games and playing emulators. Those were the days.

>bluetooth controllers
input lag and looks autistic

Poor Tim curry

Only way I can enjoy a screen that small is with game boy tier graphics

But I have a DS lite.

>input lag
minimal
>looks autistic
like a PSP doesn't?

this guy gets it

>like a psp doesn't
absolutely not

I have one in a drawer somewhere.

Maybe I got used to current technology too much, but the screen and how better are other devices at emulating shit (perhaps except PS1 really) take me away from the amazing experience that the PSP is.

I have a psp go that I only ever used to play peace walker and listen to music.

Sell or emulate?

I had one, but the battery killed itself and the console with it. My sister bought one not too long ago, which she uses for emulations and fan translations.

i'm sorry but he looks dumb, in public, all focused on that tiny toy that is marketed to the teenagers

How am I even supposed to hold a phone and a bluetooth controller at the same time?
>Y-YOU BUY AN ADAPTER
No. I'm autistic but not enough to do that in public. A 3DS is one thing but that another whole fucking level.

so, basically the same as most phones?

emulate. PSP is worth keeping because memory cards are so cheap so you can store a butt ton of stuff on multiple cards, and if there is ever a nuclear disaster then you have a ton of shit to play in a bunker.

You don't do either, honestly. What you do is you become a grown-ass adult who can put off le retro gams until they get home. Play a fucking mobile game like Angry Birds or play Tetris or something, Jesus Christ.

I use one of these, it's pretty ugly but was the one with better reviews
There are some that aren't as ugly

>can't emulate n64/gc/wii games
into the trash

Vita is better on all fronts, better specs, better library, better emulation, PSP doesn't even support PocketStation emulation for those PS1 games that use it, it had a good run but now it's time for it to sleep.

I must add that I don't use it in public, not cause I'd be ashamed, which I would definitely be, but because I don't care to play vidya when I'm out. I just preffer to play emulated games on portable devices so it's great whenever I'm at home or in bed

>Playing Tetris on a phone
No buttons no play, virtual buttons are only good for Pokemon or some shit.
>Angry Birds
Come on, son.

Those also look retarded as shit. Looks like something I would only use in my room but then again why in the fuck would I play with my phone in my room when I have several consoles here?

On a side note That thing can emulate wii games?

I'm still mad sony didn't make more of these

>That thing can emulate wii games?
yup youtu.be/uQ1yYxoa0dE?t=3m33s

Is it actually able to emulate shit now? I remember it was barely able to go into psp mode to play psp games and that's it.

>No buttons no play
It's fucking Tetris. Swipes and gestures work fine. It's not like you were going to be beating any world records waiting to see the dentist.
>Come on, son
You come on, old man. Mobile gaming isn't the future or any gay shit like that, but there are plenty of fun games on phones that don't make you look like a fucking mutant when you're playing them. Put down the PSP and leave your bluetooth controller at home.

PSP and djmax 1 2 and 3 is all I need from it

Ahem

What games implemented those touch sensitive sticks? Were they any good?
Can you install custom roms on this shit? If so I might get one just to have a phone I can take out and not be paranoid about getting mugged.

Okay I am impressed. Can that shit run Mario Galaxy?

>there are plenty of fun games on phones
Name five of them that don't use microtransactions or energy points that prevent you from playing more than 3 times in an hour.
I'm fucking looking at you, Pokemon Shuffle.

youtu.be/fulW_O2ljbo?t=10m38s

the vita can literally do anything the PSP can and more now

>Swipes and gestures work fine
No they fucking don't. Touch controls are obnoxious, they will never replace buttons.

i use mine all the time. if it had 2 joysticks it would be fucking perfect. i hope the vita gets hacked more

A shame the sound's fucked though.

id rather have that than a shitsp

only if you find one with 3.60 firmware

This is weird vita

Forgot to reply

>calls other children while also acting like people cant enjoy a little leisure activity on the train home that bothers no one else
pathetic

For Tetris? Sorry to hear that your autism makes sliding your finger across glass feel weird, but everyone else can enjoy a casual game of Tetris with swipe controls just fine. This isn't the battle of buttons vs touchscreen, you fucking nimrod. Of course buttons aren't going to be completely replaced. Goddamn.
You can read a fucking hentai on the train for all I care, but people are going to make fun of you regardless because you're a fucking mongoloid.

My PSP has been out of use ever since I got my Vita.

>still using the psp for emulation

Back when i was a kid i never thought it would be so easy to play a bunch of those games(MD, SNES, PSX) at the palm of my hand

>Playing Mordal Gombat.
>Not Soul Calibur Broken Destiny.
Ebin.

I own it , but its a fucking paper weight just like the last two systems

Emulation on the PSP kinda stinks, it's a shame the Vita isn't much better.

Vita is better now that I can play everything PSP has on it and I don't have to buy Sony jew memory cards

Because I already have vita which is better and can play even PSP games better.

>le vita is better
doesn't justify the price

psp is only 25 bucks? where?

>Enjoy Genesis, NES, GBA, GBC emulation that all runs great on my PSP

I'm glad I'm not autistic and say that PSP emulation is trash because a Genesis game runs a fraction slower than real hardware

Went on a plane from EU to US twice this year and played my PSP over my Switch.

I hate my PSP in a way because it made me buy a 3DS/Vita without hesitation thinking all portables were good.

I've had my PSP since Tekken:DR and that shit has been dropped and stepped on a lot. It's almost near Nintendium levels, almost.

>I'm glad I have low standards
ftfy

I accidentally the whole thing a few months back trying to upgrade the CFW without reading up too much on it and getting cocky.

So what are some good psp exclusives?
There's Dracula X Chronicles, Peace Walker, Coded Arms, and that one Japanese game where you play as robots and can equip a gun on your head.
Any hidden gems I'm missing?

Go to recommend Sup Forums games wiki. I believe they have a list of games for the PSP

Mostly rpgs. And things like Shin Budokai 2

phones are different, they have utility beyond being toys

My friend and I used it only for homebrewing, running emulators on it was fun. I don't remember it having a good game library though, just the GTA stories.

lol okay

>3000
>better screen
It has scanline flickering, not worth it for slightly better colors. Ghosting is still there too.

That's the one I got. Comfortable, decent buttons, input lag barely noticeable, very good compatibility so far (RetroArch, DraStic, ePSXe and GBA.emu ate with no problems).
On the minus side however: it's fuckhuge, I bet I look no better than bingbingwahoo; Galaxy Note 4 I'm it using with sits in there nicely (even with gay-ass spigen case), but if you want headphones or charger, it's not as good. Also, about a month after purchase, one screw went missing. Couldn't find an exact fit, so I had to a longer one. It's on the right side. Can't say bad thing about build quality otherwise.
I also have a MOGA hero power (or something like that) controller, in comparison with Marvo, it's pretty shit. Small, buttons feel stiff and screen placement (phone in this case) isn't too comfortable.

As for PSP emulation, from personal experience, PS1 games work alright, SNES isn't really good and honestly, now that I have a good phone controller, I prefer it over PSP.
Booted my PSP recently, screen's so tiny, holy shit.

I own 3 of them.
1000, 2000, 3000

I give all my systems and games I don't use anymore away to people who can't afford them
Giving the gift of vidya is a blessing, and you shouldn't regret it

Sure:
>Don't want to play any Switch games except BotW, which I played on CEMU and didn't even finish.
>Only appeal of portability is fighting games.
>No fighting games except nu-Super Turbo and BB-Cross.
>No Darkstalkers-R, no Guilty, no DBZF, no Mahvel, etc.
>Only one fightstick; Hori RAP.
>No stick conversion kits.
Honestly, if it had DBZF and Guilty, I'd buy one.

>joystick over the button, wiiu style
holy fuck its so retarded even nintendo realized how retarded it was

at this point just get M.U.G.E.N. and go steal someone's iphone tyrone

I wish they would have continued that line of phones. It could have been so much better than it was. The potential was huge.

The emulation was pretty good, but not perfect. Snes games ran well, but some didn't even work, and PS1/N64 games ran like absolute shit. Like 10-20fps shit.

what about gba?

GBA works fine, except few times with drops like Golden Sun with some summons or those special weapon attacks

give me some psp games to play on my hacked Shita

Initial D

Seriously? Doesn't the 2000 have those issues too? Which is the best one to get?

hello nu-Sup Forums

>Getting this salty.
Mugen sucks nuts and so does mobile.
Switch has no fighting games.
I'll just stick to PC/PS4.

I want to get a GBA Micro with a flashcart, I think that would be the greatest handheld.
Until then, emulators or my phone and laptop with a controller is pretty comfy.

eBay

>GBA Micro with a flashcart, I think that would be the greatest handheld
You mean a backlit AGB-001 with a flashcart.

>Love digital games on Vita
>Memory cards still insanely expensive
I'm counting on those microSD card things to be accessible ASAP so I can finally download more than a few games at any given time

>not hacking it when you had the chance
This one is on you

>being 3.61+

android by itself has an innate input lag due to frame buffering. this is obvious if you've played any emulated game on android and compared it to the original side-by-side. it's tolerable for slower games but it's near impossible for fast-paced action games like platformers. this has been proven numerous times by reviewers who reviewed the gpd xd as well as the moto gamepad mod for moto z phones. this isn't even adding in the latency-based input lag caused by bluetooth controllers, btw.

>xd
fuck off to facebook