How is that game coming along? Let's hear it

How is that game coming along? Let's hear it.

I gave up.

Post your game ideas

Coming along alrighty.

Yesterday was a bit of a pain but I got nice plans for the weekend (finally fixing up some stuff with the item combination system + a system to carry around items in the world).

An edgy grimdark multiplayer karting / adventure game. More or less a mix between Mario Kart, Diablo and BrĂ¼tal Legend.
Don't steal this one cause I'm gonna make it for real :^)

close to giving up

I recently started working with a friend on a small first person dungeon crawler. He's doing the graphics with voxels because we both suck at art and I'm doing most of the programming. Nothing much to show off yet though.

Long road ahead, dev is slow, but that's because I constantly re-iterate through things that I'm not pleased with. Last big progresso was this pause menu.

I forgot to make a pickup for the berserk rune.

Cute

bump

I have a couple of ideaguy documents. Does that count?

Absolutely. Idea guys are the most important people in game development.
Post em.

I'm at the baby stages right now. Learning python so I can use GDscript/Godot.

Cool, I'm learning python too. Not for vidya though (at least for now), but for machine learning.
I'm pretty surprised by how much more concise the syntax is compared to C++.

how's the CryEngine compared to Unreal?

I don't have any personal experience with it, but I heard some people say it's a bitch to work with compared to Unreal or Unity.

what happens when you press shitpost?

Think I've got my graphic design flow down finally. Now dicking around with lighting and various weather effects.

looks like shit desu
these prerendered sprites clash horribly with everything else, including each other

Thats a pretty good pause screen user keep up the good work

Yeah they're pretty shit, sadly that's about the limit of my art skills and I need to start actually working on the game instead of pissing and moaning and hating what I make you should have seen what I made before, fucking horrible attempts at pixel art.

I am making an undertale combat system with touhou difficulty. I am not good at coding and I don't have much time in my hands. I hope it's finished in a month or so. Also the flower is handdrawn

At least try to not be so blatant about it being a copy

Can a game be considered a copy of another if it has similar playstyle but different plot ,characters and universe? And no I am not talking about undertale AUs

yes

How can I improve it? I am thinking of putting some spells that allow you to manipulate the way you dodge bullets. Something like a bullet breaker, a bomb, or 2 second invisibility

your image shows a small red character in a white box dodging tons of white projectiles being shat out by a flower in a black void with generic rpg combat options underneath. the least you could do is come up with a more original aesthetic so it isn't so obviously a clone.
the spells are a neat idea but they won't do anything to avoid direct comparisons to undertale if your game still looks like budget-undertale.

I don't mean to be a downer, but when most of the game play was just dodging the bullets, unless you have gravity gimmicks like Sans the box is mostly unnecessary.

All things considered 9.5 Shoot the Bullet might one of the best non-violent bullet hells out there.

you could mix the UI a bit so it at least looks different
Pic is a game from these threads that use an undertale system but uses it's own twist

Much better

I'm gonna make a bullet-hell

Or at least what I can using only java swing stuff.
I got it running at 62 fps since Thread.sleep() will only take in milliseconds.

It's due on the 27th so we'll see how far I get.

is your sprite trying to dodge the white bullets? ;^)

What does Sup Forums think of making an engine last for 3 games for a trilogy then releasing them one-by-one, individually, not as dlc?

For instance the Megaman X trilogy being sold as 3 seperate games, even though the engine and gameplay are mostly the same. Pricing would be lower than the $60 MMX was at the time.

As someone who's first foray into game dev was java swing bullshit, I might recommend LibGDX. Gives you as much control while taking care of stuff like hardware acceleration and loading files.

Nothing wrong with that.
The tell tale games have been using the same engine since 1968.

I'd like to, and will most likely jump into that afterwards. This is a project for a class, and one of the rules is no external libs since everything I write will (theoretically) be read

As a class project that's fair. I hope all goes well.

>Pricing would be lower than the $60 MMX was at the time

you don't have a choice with indie games.

>text box pops up over the robot's face instead of the big empty space at its feet
it did so much right, i'm surprised it fucked that up