Every pre firearm game

>every pre firearm game
>sword and shield is objectively the best combo
>if you pick anything else you're intentionally gimping yourself

When will this end?

who did the dog kill?

dog hamstrung a guy, attacking from the shield side, giving an easy kill for one of the warriors.

sword and shield
not
>spear and shield

The dog is just so mad that it bit it's own tongue.

spear and shield is never good in games. Most games with spears don't even let you use it with a shield.

we need more games that focus on offensive sword and board skills. i want a game where the shield has more use as an offensive weapon

>be in a "history real" game
>cant dual wield 2h greatswords like the warriors of yore

how does the game expect me to enter valhalla if i cant even carry steel heavier than myself?

man I played the whole Souls series with halberd and lucerne, and they were fucking solid.

by dieing

V E R S A T I L E
E
R
S
A
T
I
L
E

Completely wrong. Theres plenty of times where big 2h weapons, dual wielding, magic etc are all OP

dark souls isn't most games even if it's most of the games you've played.

Even there they're much better two-handed. You didn't notice that the animations always look a little awkward when 1-handing them?

Gee, I wonder why the objectively most functional equipment during those times in close combat is superior compared to other weapons which are situational at best, gimmicky and essentially worthless at worst.

everyone, he's a kill stealer

>video games are realistic!

lol

>Realism is more important then balance

Two weapon fighting is objectively the most over-powered combo in any game ever

>implying
shield and sword is never meta, it's always one- shot daggers/bludgeons

>not two handed polearms

>le stronk warrior womyn who's actually built like a twig
Ruins anything else about this picture

M2TW trumps this argument where shield units are actually broken to the point they are unusable.

you don't need to be buff to swing a butter knife user.

>3 barbarian and a dog
>able to kill at least 5 legionnaire
Good joke

>her being able to do any kind of damage to those soldiers in the first place

this isn't true though, in most games it's usually 2 handed weapons (notably swords) that end up being the best, and in good melee games like warband/chivalry/mordhau, 2h swords and polearms usually outshine shield users as well

How's 2kat compared to other weapons in Nioh, Sup Forums?

Wrong

Dragons Dogma did offensive shields

>inb4 DD noob says Shield Storm and Cymbal Onslaught r bad
>what is blunt damage
>what is increased knockdown and stagger

just swing it and you hit something,try to use your brain weeb.
it's not like roman armor was invincible and humans are made of meat you know,male or female.

Why are they all so fucking bald? Was the artist just too lazy to draw hair on the Romans?

>no landsknecht game
I want to dress like a pompous asshole and bleed Germany dry as I drink and white my way between the Austrians, Bohemians, Danes, Swedes, Spanish, and French

Her fragile body will be pierced by Roman swords before she is able to swing that shitty "sword".

Its a fuckin blade, shes not wrestling them to the ground she just has to cut someone without getting cut herself. And also non of them should be able to damage legionaries because roman soldiers weren't retards whod attack them a few at the time

where do you think the military practice of shaving your head came from?

Have you seen how weak women are irl? I doubt she'd be able to even cut through their armour.

From military barracks being lice-infested shitholes.

shields are universally shit and most games the best weapons are dual weilding swords like a retard

>greatsword cuck talking

Started with the Greeks and Romans, Greeks only changed their regulations in the 80's, before that everyone was supposed to be shaved to the bone.

WW2, after learning about lice and their diseases from WW1
>implying the Romans invented EVERYTHING
Fucking Romanaboo
Baldness was considered a deformity in Rome

Maces are superior

just like any other dude,pierced by swords.
females might be weaker in the strength department but they make up in speed and pain endurance.
again,being buff is not everything in combat,you can meet skinny SEALS that will make you a sissy.
females need to fight to protect their children,just like any female animal.

>muh segmentata
>shield too thick to wield properly
>fantasy weapons
>muh stronk independet womyn warrior
>stabbed through metal armor

>they make up in speed and pain endurance.
This is painfully incorrect.

Skinny man > woman

that's fucking great

>stabbed through metal armor isn't possible, it's metal!

jej

>speed and pain endurance
Women aren't faster than men in reflexes or movement

Not sure about pain, but I doubt it

>I want my job to be diving into walls of pikes and hoping I can break 2 or 3 of them before I get stabbed to death

What a bold statement

>just swing it dude
I'm always a little bit confused at this line of thinking. If comes up often regarding women in the military and firearms as well.

Like obviously if she chopped it at a strung pig it'd do a bit of damage, but someone without muscle means they have not had a military/war lifestyle or training and would handily lose to a standard soldier.

Also
>i am sure to win because my speed is superior
Muscle IS speed, hence why women are actually slower and why we have seperate sexed sprints at the Olympics

your brain is ruined

>militaries only started shaving when electric clippers were invented

WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D

>cut through their armor
Youre not suppose to aim for their armor and those guys wouldnt cut through their armor anyway

2h/polearms are best

say that to biology not your own shitty experiences where you hit sluts.
we could say that they are the same thing,what makes the skinny man better is training.train a woman to protect herself and she will get better too.
and why not?they have smaller brain?their slender body actually help,woman have a higher pain endurance since they need it when they give birth.
not every muscled guy need to be a hulk,the muscle adapt to different situations,train for speed and you will get a body designed for speed,woman muscle design is different.
firearms made things easier,again you don't need to be a hulk to use a gun now,easier to train,but military requires a strong body to carry all the extra shit like the backpack and armor.
the us military just proved how hard and obvious is to maintain females in combat zones,they need separate bathrooms,they bleed.
such things were not that important in ancient wars,specially barbarians.

The longsword is the pinnacle of archaic weaponry.

>Stabs, slashes and cuts, adapting to whatever your opponent is wearing
>Wield it by the blade and use the hilt as a bludgeoning weapon against heavily armored opponents
>Looks stylish and practical
>Can be wielded with both hands or if you are practiced and strong enough, with one hand
>A sign of nobility

the pinnacle is the pike,you can swing all that garbage you want,i will just stab you.

Swords are light. This bigass sword is less than 15lbs. You need some really big swords for them to weigh more than you.

>watches lindybeige
So that's why he's a chad.

Pikes are effective in formations, not so much in one on one combat. There's a reason spearmen carried a sword as well.

Maybe longsword soyboys should learn to go in groups

they carried when the pike units startted stabbing eachother,they would just go down the pikes and hit the pike dudes.
the pike is not like the macedonian phalanx,it was refined.
dueling?they would use swords designed to stab,more like mini spears.
16th century warfare was the best,the mix of guns and melee weapons was the best.

>cutting through laminar armor with a sword

>not choosing to go into battle with a knife or unarmed
>not being a bad enough dude
I live on the edge

>roman armor is the same as my medieval tin can dreadnought
yeah right.

What game is this?

expeditions vikings.

I dont remember there being any Romans in it.. but I did stop playing after getting the boat.

>cutting
>when it's clearly a stab

oh boy

Dragon's Dogma my dude.

Literally the only game with Sword and Board done right.

>He didnt see Captain Kaladin Stormblessed best two shard bearers in a single dual

a trained Spear man will always triumph over a sword cuck

He killed them with cuteness and blood magic.

literally out (uma) guy

Who says Cymbal Onslaught is bad? Is the one fighter skill i always keep. Also Shield Storm has perfect block frames which is pretty neat.

Reminder
Carthage>Rome
Hannibal>Rome
Romeaboos leave

>both lost to rome

what did he mean by this?

Hannibal never lost. Hannibal strong. It was the cowardly nobles that lost the war.

If you kill your enemy they win. He is obviously a fucking leaf.

>long two handed axe for nords in m&bw is the most OP weapon in game

She literally havent killed anybody in this picture
nobody would be able to cut through the armour>but they make up in speed and pain endurance.
ebin meme

>they make up in speed and pain endurance
howling

Monster hunter sword 'n shield have a nice aggressive move set. Those shield bashes have the best sound of smashing and skull crushing. They added an uper rising shield smash and crash down which is simply brutal.

You can literally just point it. With sword you can point and slash. Spear is only good in close formation and against cavalry (but the spearman will die anyway, run over by the horses. In medieval times it was the worst combat unit you could have been sent to, literal death sentence). Viability of spears in close combat between singular enemies is a myth perpetuated by D-grade chinese movies.

>every roman soldier looks the same so you won't feel pity for their dead

The villain's goons are always masked.

If you just spent a couple of hours in a gym working out everything you think would be turned on its head.

>that cringy vid
>thinking this is a viable combat tactic

>feeling sympathetic for the dozens of heavily armed soldiers surrounding three lightly armored fighters
>one of whom is a defenseless woman who most likely took a blade off of her dead husband.
Delusional Rome fags

So basically just the same as most history?
long swords are the garbage weapons of their age, and all contemporary sources describe them as such for being extremely unwieldy, easy to block, required two hands, and useless against armor.
The best weapons of that era and the ones that most rich warriors/knights that can afford it were polearms, bills, lucrenes, pickaxes, axes. European straight swords were shit against most armor.
Pikes are formation weapons

>gymnrats are strong
sorry i thought i was talking with someone with a brain.
don't skip leg day

>puncturing mild steel classic segmentata with an iron age sword

wojak descendant

yass, finally someone who understands that womyn are stronger than men, imean i saw all these movies and video games where strong independent womyn who needs no man SLAYED all these silly big men

horrendously missed the point of what i was saying. But you're right. People who go to the gym are weak and skinny people who do nothing are strong. Enjoy the soy diet.

stop my sides can't take anymore!