ITT: enemies you always run past

ITT: enemies you always run past

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gkp63cClCRc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally every Souls enemy that is not a boss after I explored the area once

If you run from regular enemies what hope do you have to stand against bosses?
Unlike real life, in Souls even what kills you, still makes you stronger (as long as you retrieve your blood stain). So if you find random encounters too tough, just keep trying until you level up enough.

God you’re not fucking wrong. No matter how much you over level to feel gud, there is always one enemy that just chucks all that down the shitter with your corpse. Can’t be fucked with em.

Id rather fight 3 Marias than one insight sucker anyday. Also maria can succ this deyoch

You jump over him :^).

>insight sucker
You can kill them with just molotovs.

You are the cancer plaguing these games, I am glad BB punishes that shitty mentality at least to a certain degree with blood vials, but we need more stuff to punish that, like vanilla DaS2 undead crypt or enemies in Nioh beta following you indefinitely.
Bloodlickers are not even that bad, just stay to the side and not in their front/back, and never back off.
Posting actual stuff of the nightmares.

Just parry the fatties.

>Runs in a very strange, awkward way
>Faster than just about any non-boss, non-hunter enemy in the game
>Hits like a fucking truck, no matter what part of the Labyrinth you're in
If these things screamed, I wouldn't do any labyrinth diving at all

Literally the only enemy in a Souls game I refuse to fuck with.

The Dark Souls 2 and Dark Messiah spiders gave me cold sweats. Arachnophobia sucks.

Fuck those things.

Fuck these things

This thread made me realize that I don't run past specific enemies. I only run past them in souls games on my run backs to bosses. Guess I like killing things in games.

>I am glad BB punishes that shitty mentality at least to a certain degree with blood vials
Just farm the cthulhu giants before Ludwig for 5 mins and you will have enough vials for the whole game

Good luck running by me

>cthulhu giants
There's a defenseless hollow banging on the gates that drops like five phials every time.

How did the Dark Messiah spiders get you? Phobia aside, it was a graphically older game and you had the death boot.

yeah, you kill both giants then the hollow and restart

Well i am a retard who just spent the whole game playing only with the trick axe and a pistol also i dress like this:

Still! First ever fromsoft game and all i need to do is kill the orphan of kos and thats evety boss!

You're not supposed to fight ANY enemies in survival horror, unless you can't outrun them.

You forgot to mention that they have bullshit aggro ranges and will sometimes charge across several rooms to get to you. Especially if you walk across some puddle, apparently water splashes triggers them hard.

If you can down them fast enough and then slam down a sedative, they aren't too bad. I can usually rip them apart with a Rakuyo before my frenzy explodes my fucking head

The axe is one of the easiest weapons to start with. Quite literally spin2win with outstanding range, knockdown power and rally.

Jesus. I've always parried them to death before they can really get going, I had no idea they could go that far without leashing

Calm down, autismo

I have figured them out now, but still they are the fucking worst. I charge them, get a couple swipes in, then as they try to hug me, I dodge once and finish them. Frenzy hits me and I heal up. Just kill them before Frenzy starts fucking you to death again.

I find the Saw easier to use overall, Axe is not bad though

God, I fucking hate Bloodlickers so much. And those cthullu insight sucker cockheads.

It's why I always find something to spend my insight on before I even think about going into a Nightmare zone. The extra frenzy resist goes a long way against the fuckers

The saw is great for R1 spam on the weaker enemies and serrated bonus vs beasts, but it lacks the axe's reach and the ridiculously good charged tricked R2.

>bloodlickers
>regular enemies

You don't need to pretend you or anyone else got gud, user. We all know bloodlickers are designed to be unwinnable fights.

As another user pointed out, they have basically no way to deal with you if you're neither directly in front or behind them.

>game gives you ten weapons and hundreds of bullets
>REEEE STOP FIGHTING YOU'RE PLAYING IT WRONG
Textbook autism

Alternatively, parry their grab attack and time the visceral so you're invulnerable when the frenzy pops.

You're the one who has autism, because you can't read the atmosphere and thinks capitalized letters mean yelling.

You could, I just prefer to burn them down as fast as possible. I've never experimented with their parry timing

You're replying to two different people, autismo

Now now, calm down, two of your posts were more than enough.

There is also that one root chalice room that I encountered couple of times where there is one corpse-wielding madman standing around the corner by the entrance and another hiding inside a smoke cloud just few feet away, and both of the times that room was followed by another hall with a sickle madman, so if you are really unlucky you can end up fighting three of those things at once, but you gotta fuck up pretty bad
There are also two-store rooms like in the pw8ykpcr glyph where a second madman can aggro and jump down from the platform while you are fighting the first one, and its much easier to trigger than the aforementioned case.
Chalices are pretty fun.

if you time it right you can get a parry off right as the frenzy pops and you take zero damage (since you're 100% immune to damage in a parry animation)

makes quick work of the bridge in the Nightmare

>trying to get the rakuyo
>see this x2
fuck that

>thread topic is about enemies you run past
>an enemy from a game is posted
>proceed to start sperging out over irrelevant shit like an autist

video proof

youtube.com/watch?v=Gkp63cClCRc

webm related times a thousand

fuck those guys, they never seem worth the trouble for the shitty amount of bloodechoes they give you.

It's also one of the rare times a From game breaks it own rules. You can't damage or target the cunt hanging from the roof in any way while he's up there
It fucking sucks, because I love using the Rakuyo

>gets completely ripped in half
>stands up like its nothing

just hit one of them with the shaman bone blade and watch. The one on the hill gives me a lot more trouble.

She didn't get ripped in half tho.

yes, which is what i was making fun of

it's stupid looking bro. it wrenched her spine completely in two pieces. any movement by something like that would just smear you

it picks up saqueezes rips and throws her and she loses 0 hp...just stupid, whats the point of the animation? I don't want to see my character survive a thing like that unless they have exoskeleton armor or something

>try to dodge the grab
>it turns on the spot mid-grab and gets me anyway

Sorry meant to reply to autismo

She definetly lost HP. You just can't see it without the HUD.
Not only that but she is wearing armor so it just threw her after failing to rip her.

>DaS2 undead crypt
You could run past almost everything. Except for maybe the door shield guys who you'd have to lure once and then run past by. I still don't know how to stop the ghosts from respawning in the hallway before Velstadt, and ran past them because I didn't bother fighting enemies that spawn infinitely.

Use that one bone blade that makes enemies aggro each other.

Parry or stunlock (except for that one hyperamor move on the madmen).

They are worth killing because you then look like you bathed in blood.

am I bad for not bothering to learn how to gunparry and just using the cannon instead

fuck infrared scopes
fuck freezers
fuck gold
fuck you

>dlc ones are chill as fuck and you practically have to bump into them to get their aggro on
>Cainhurst ones smell you from half a mile away and are on you in seconds
Hunger is a powerful thing.

>You could run past almost everything
Not entirely correct. Do note that I said vanilla DaS2 undead crypt. Instead of just some measly dragonrider there were 5 syan knights standing right in front of the fogdoor, and if you just ran in and tried to go through they'd rape you on the spot, since in DaS2 you did not have instant invulnerability when traversing the fog. You actually had to elaborately bait them out.
>Parry
Good luck not getting dunked by a running attack.

My bad. I only played SOTFS and not vanilla. I didn't know how the area was on vanilla.
Regarding the madmen, when they flail around you get a guaranteed parry by shooting them. I'd only risk parrying them on harder to parry attacks if I know that they won't 1 shot me. Also Augur is great against them because it either knocks them back or parries them (except for that delayed extreme hyporarmor move ofc).

>tfw two dum to notice these things
I noticed that they didn't aggro. I thought "oh that's cool, maybe I'm just lucky, heh". It's a river of blood man. They're called blood lickers. Why can't I connect the simplest fucking dots...

every enemy of that type i just attack their weak point (their horns) and then kill them while they are down

they have literally become a joke to me

>implying i still take damage when i rush in BB

SotFS in general made couple of areas easier. Amana, for example, used to have a bit more priestesses and they were positioned differently, usually grouped up in threes. Their magic darts also used to have better tracking, now you can just sidestrafe them.

>it was a graphically older game
Not that guy but I feel like source games aged pretty well, dark messiah still looks good on high settings

>Get summoned in Cainhurst
>Host ran ahead and is fighting a Bloodlicker
>As soon as I catch up it does a 180 and pounces on me, killing me in one shot.

i just wanted to help

fuck you spoiler that shit

>You will never take a pin to their bellies.
Cosmic eldritch vampiric queefing

>I am glad BB punishes that shitty mentality

It really didn't though, most players just warped to Witches Abode and did the run back to Frontier (or various other runs) which translates as nothing but a waste of time, building a level with enemies that fundamentally cant be avoided is the only way to stop this, even then it may not even be worth doing this as a lot of people will avoid or drop a game that has 5 minutes of combat you have to repeat every time you want to try the boss.

I'm always carrying a metric fuckton of blast arrows just for that prick.

That sound they make always freaks me out

>Death spawns into a tiny room
>I'm playing as a Magick Archer with the best bow
>Stunlock him to death

That's for all the pawns you stole jackass.

So.. let's talk about this...

fuck these guys, just stack celerity, find that keycard and run to the shaft like a madman

>haha look at this fag he thinks he knows the level well enough to just rush through
>haha watch this

I never had any issues with the bosses in Souls games. It's always the regular enemies that fuck your shit up.

GOD GOD GOD WHY

isn't there a mandatory bossfight with one of these?

That was my first playthrough, on the second one I learned it and a lot of bosses stopped being hard as balls

>Playing Nioh
>Game suddenly spawns two wheel skeletons on fire
>Get stunlocked to death when i try to hit them

>not these

those roly poly fucks are probably the only monster in BB that i feel like i never beat "fair in square". always cheesed the fuck out of them or ran around them to flip switches etc

these guys are creepy but i never really found them difficult, they are super easy to parry and can barely even one-shot you unless you are intentionally low VIT/in a curse/defiled chalice