ELEX

Name a bigger casual filter
>high level enemies can be found in low level areas
>mashing attack in combat is actually punished by the system
>npcs will give you quests not tailored to your level the first time you meet them
>most skill checks are one time only and if you do not meet the requirements the first time you'll miss them forever, some of which are in the "first" town
>weapons require stats, good armor is locked behind factions meaning you can't metagame your way and steal overpowered shit hoping to use it super early
>enemies don't drop their weapons or armor
>learning skills cost gold
>can't become leader of all factions, can't even become the leader of one
>can only join a single faction, and this will lock you of other faction specific missions and perks
>most missions have choice&consequence, can't do all missions in a single run as some will not be available due to your choices in others
>can only play as a gruff straight white male and romance women, there isn't a single brown/black npc in the entire game

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lD06adeasRs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>enemies don't drop their weapons or armor
>learning skills cost gold

Immersion = gone

Divinity : Original Sin.

>Immersion = gone
You have to pay others to teach you, so no, really.
I can see that about the weapons/gear part which is mostly a design choice since the earlier gothics.

Yep it's not too immersive. In previous titles after spending your skill points your character would be actually taught how to do shit. There'd be at least a few lines of dialogue to give the impression that there's some learning. Also even though some enemies had shit equipment they would drop their weapons. In ELEX that's not a thing sadly, and training is unified in categories in such a way that if you want to train some skill you can just sweep the floor with every NPC you dislike, because you only need one per category.

However I'm going to say, when you take out the faults you still get something that is better than a lot of shit coming out which doesn't speak well for the state of this industry.

I have a hard time finding an RPG that could appeal to me that's similar to these. People say that this has shit combat but I'm really having some trouble finding something considerably better on the same category.

What the fuck is this spastic doing in this webm
I'm growing extra chromosomes just watching this

>>learning skills cost gold
>>Immersion = gone
Shit, I love it in real life when I can learn in my sleep.

What the fuck are you talking? Learning a skill takes practice not a lump sum of gold

youtu.be/lD06adeasRs
All you need to know.

It may take both, just it isn't seen by the player. Remember there are people teaching the main character, he does not learn skills alone. So they probably want some compensation for it.

Would like it if he wasn't basically Cr1t1kal 2.0

You can see it from his "review" that he only played the game a few hours

aren't game "reviewers" suppose to beat the game before reviewing it?

I spent about 50 hours in the game and finished it.

as a fucking berserker

can't decide on a faction, Berserkers seems completely retarded, clerics somewhat too with their god shit and i don't know how to feel about the outlaw jewing another.

It doesn`t really matter too much, since it is you using them rather than the other way around.

>he went berserker
At least it wasn't ou*law

Clerics are the true solution.
You can also later discover the true nature behind their god and actually find out most of the higher ups know about it and are totally fine since they view the religion just as a means of achieving an end and rallying their forces

name a more shilled game

People actually play this game? I watched some gameplay of it and it looked fucking awful.

It`s a good RPG in the current year, we don`t get much.

Its unironically a goty

>he died to the first runt biter guarding the amulet of protection

Gothic 2 does all of this better.

If you mean recent RPGs, then Divinity Original 2 kinda.

>Duras' german voice
Holy shit literally sounds like a 50 year old
smoker
Jax is also nowhere near as good as in english

I do wish more enemies dropped weapons like in Gothic. It just seems a little silly.

im german and i play this game with english dub