What do you think of MGS4?

What do you think of MGS4?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Kz-oUUhUXc4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

good but also retarded

I like it very much, but it's not my favorite MGS.

story was dumb which made the long cutscenes suck . gameplay was fun. mgo2 is great

It's exclusive to the worst console of the last 3 gens. That's my thought of it.

One of my favorite games of all time

good but not good

>worst console of the last 3 gens.
you're pretending as if all the Xboxes would magically not exist anymore.

>Worst console
>Not the one with a 50% failure rate that popularized paid online subscriptions

the best MGS alongside MGS2

Second best Metal Gear game

Naomi's jap VA died so sad

pretty good, but the 'stalking' mission really hampers the pacing of the game.

I tear up everytime i play. Gonna do another playthrough this holyday.

Everything after act 2 suck ass.

This is what I was getting at. It was originally received poorly, dubbed a movie, but now that it has had time to sink in do yall think it is in a similar category as MGS2?

No because mgs2 is not a fun game to replay while 4 is.

>It was originally received poorly
No it wasn't. Stop pretending like you were even alive in 2008

The only Metal Gear Solid games worth playing are the first 3

Only MGS games worth playing are 1, 3, 4, PW and GB. GZ with some caution.

When it released I loved it, totally a Kojimbobro. Replayed it a few years ago to get the platinum trophy. It's still alright I guess. Gun customization was a neat idea, but they all did the same thing. Octocamo was a neat idea but 2ez. 7.5/8 outta 10.

No one listen to this guy. You can't play 4 without playing 2.

It actually was. Maybe not by critics, but definitely by the community.

In 2008 this game was ahead of its time, I was personally blown away

I play through it once every couple of years, it's one of my favourite games

i don't see how any one could or would want to play it if they weren't an MGS fan

50% cutscenes, 20% shitty scripted set piece, 15% shitty linear shooting gallery. What remains is the best gameplay in an MGS game.

"you're pretty good"

True.
2 ends in a cliffhanger that 4 concludes.

It'd make a better mini series.
It's got some of the best gameplay out of the series, but it basically cockteases you with it by only letting you play for 10-20 minute sequences and then face-fucking you with four hours of cutscenes.

Worst in the series but still good.

It has some of the best moments in the franchise and also some of the worst moments in the franchise

I liked it very much but when I think back on it, chapters 3 and 4 weren't fun to play for the most part, except for the nostalgia overload in chapter 4 and the REX vs RAY fight. I never cared for the movie meme since I like cutscenes in MGS.

Why does Snake look like an aged Tom Selleck with a fat ass in this game

It was the best of times it was the worst of times

Because he is old?

It would've been good if it didn't tarnish everything 2 worked to create in the minds of players.

>I never cared for the movie meme since I like cutscenes in MGS.
It's not necessarily about how long the cutscenes are, it's about how boring and poorly paced they are

My least favorite metal gear solid game by far. I think the last boss is great, but really outside of that I dislike most things about it

>2 worked to create in the minds of player
Frustration?

Gameplay was incredibly fun, while the story was fucking ass. Especially the ending.

And filled with retarded asspulls with long explanations to try to make sense out of the plot.

How the fuck did Kojimbo think that it was a good idea to turn Zero into the most important character of the franchise?

It's my favorite game in the series. Mainly because of all the fan service. It has some stupid shit in it, but that's MGS.

Really solid gameplay but the acts phones it in half way through starting at the following a resistance member. Which is a fucking shame with all the weapons and mechanics you can play around with.

I never want to replay it again. I couldn't take any of the cutscene shit nowadays and the plot and general writing is terrible. The short gameplay segments in act 1 and 2 were neat though.

I liked it.

Big cheesy finale, which was a double edged sword.

Had some of the highest highs of the series, but also the lowest lows.

A shitstain on the series.

That mission becomes much more enjoyable if you completely ignore the resistance member and just fuck around in the level. You can treat it like a proper stealth game and take out guards rather than running around with a bunch of hijabs - with astonishingly impressive english accents - and cow robots. Then just go right to the end when you're done goofing off.

i enjoyed it's commentary of gaming at the time

It's okay. Just wish I could actually play it more.

It certainly had the best mood and my favorite trailer. You really felt this was your last adventure with Snake, after doing it for so long. It was blast growing up with Metal Gear and getting to this game.
youtu.be/Kz-oUUhUXc4

I love it. I don't care about the haters

>Raideughenn
>I am a sh-
>ack cu-oahh augh ech
>*draws from his cigarette*
>Sunny visibly upset in the background
>T-t-t-t-t-thiss i-i-i-s a n-n-n-non s-s-smokin-
>Fuck up about your eggs, lolibait
>As I was sayiuyiung
>Raideghn, I'm a shadow
>One that no light can shine oghnnn
>*coughs up tar*
>If you follow me, you'll never see the sughn
>e-e-eat all the e-e-eggs, S-s-s-snake

FUCK THOSE BIKE CHASE STAGE PREVENTED ME TO GET BIGBOSS EMBLEM

The graphics were awesome. Fuck kojima for killing mgo2. Anyone else here in the v lobby on the last day? We took pictures and all that

I remember doing the Fox Hound rank before the Big Boss one, and I was stuck for so long trying to get past that fucking bike chase sequence. Then when I went for the BB rank I got it on first try, the relief I felt was equivalent to 400 orgasms.