Why do you defend this Sup Forums?

Why do you defend this Sup Forums?
reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7dfoqg/an_open_letter_to_dice_ea_and_other_devs_i_am_19/
Just let the literally poor fuckers keep themselves poor
Is it my job to make sure someone doesn't spend a boats worth of money on microtransactions?
Hell no I just want to play vydia, and I have impulse control.

This is why i don't go to reddit

what the fuck is wrong with Sup Forums

They can't even face the truth. They'll ignore this and continue "fighting the good fight"

The economy works better with a certain percentage of the population kept below the poverty level

I am ok with this

>Over 10k in micro transactions in a year
Not my money. Not my problem

Bombard Disney accusing them of child gambling, they will break the contract with EA

Lmao. Lootboxes should exist solely to punish these fucktards

Reddit OP on the dangers of lootboxes
>It helped me immensely to see the damage i was causing. not damage to myself, but to my family. during the worse of my addiction my mom developed 3 ulcers. when some one loves you, and is watching you destroy yourself it hurts them far more than any pain you yourself feel.

I never wanted lootboxes to go away to help people who have no impulse control, if anything that's actually a great side effect to teach dumbasses a lesson.

I hate lootboxes because they tend to strip away a lot of the original experience of the game and replace it with a lottery of possibly getting what you want.

In Gears of War 3 it was cool to try and unlock the Superstar Cole skin since you had to be the MVP of 100 versus matches. Now in Gears of War 4 you have to hope you unlock him in a lootbox, which you can get for free, but it is still very luck based.

However Battlefront 2 did that with aspects of the game that are not specifically cosmetic which makes it that much worse.

I don't give a shit about this faggot dumping his idiot money into a vidya. What I care about is the fact that YOUR vidya is being designed around HIS addiction. If we let him spend his money on microtransactions like that and microtransactions succeed to the degree that they plausibly already have, they will be the hook upon which all vidya in the future are designed. And, they will do it with specifically games that have a mass appeal and established IP, like Star Wars, and games that 'otherwise couldn't survive without our loving community :^)'.

No matter who you are or what you want out of the industry, lootcrates and microtransactions are designed specifically to fuck YOU, one way or another.

>Funny enough its about what it is. why would i need will power though? it doesn't start with you say ohhh no i shouldn't do this. its going to lead me down a path of destructive habits and end with me broke with my addiction. when I started i thought i was just buying another pack of gum. just the type of gum that lets my digital dudes duke it out a little better.

This guy is pure gold.
>have you ever found a $20 on the ground or won a trivia at a bar and gotten a free round? Its a lot like that feeling just magnified by about 1000. the warm positive joy that sorta starts from your sternum a reaches out wards getting to your eye brows. Its not a high its not intense its a subtle thing when you win. then there is the feeling when you lose. that feeling of your stomach dropping out like a roller coster. then it adds a weight on your shoulders and your neck. that loosing feeling lasts man. when ever you think about it, it hits you again full force. you will do anything to avoid that loosing feeling. so when you risk your money in a bet. and you win. the feeling is euphoric. I have been of morphine for some surgery, and its like that only your brain is still working at full capacity. Now add on that i am young and don't have much life experience. winning your first big bet is up there with losing your virginity, but managing to not only get her off but lasting half an hour. Thats what it was like for me. that last big high was actually when i noticed i had a problem funny enough.

>Sup Forums went from condemning loot crates to claiming anyone who doesn't like lootcrates is just poor

>This and exactly this. Addiction is a bitch. Copy and paste because i liked this one: people like to think that getting over an addiction is like a pole jump, its hard but once you get over the bar you can sit back and relax. when in reality fighting an addiction Is the bastard love child of cross country running and hurdles. a thousand problems to get over and you end up in the same spot you started from, just a lot more tired a lot more beaten up, but you know you cant sit down yet because if you do you will puke.

loot boxes are srs business

> In the past two years I have spent an estimated $10,407 on micro transactions, gambling, and other video game related digital items

I don't even understand how what you said was relevant to my post. But, I reiterate, I don't give a shit about people's presence or lack of willpower, I care about whether or not they fuck up my hobby.

>I am payed $15/hour. In the past two years I have spent an estimated $10,407 on micro transactions, gambling, and other video game related digital items.

These fucking people.

OP Here. This guy is literally a waterfall of entertainment
>If you seriously want help. please find an addiction councilor. the tools i have learned from him have helped me in so many ways even out side of my gambling addiction. Its also nice just to have some one to talk to and to get things off your chest. Best of luck to my friend =)

>what the fuck is wrong with redditors?
ftfy

>I was being rude because, I am tired. Not a great excuse but its what i have. I should have been the bigger person and just ignored it. i didnt so im sorry for that. but to his original comment "When there are little to no immediate consequences, why wouldn't i take that first puff off the loot box crack pipe? you are young and have a disposable income. No one has told you that buying a digital box can have an addicting effect. Then you look up a year or two down the road. Surprise you are poor, have no credit, no savings, and no good financial habits to rely on.

GOT HIM WITH THE REDDIT MEME, OLD CHAP, ANONIMOUS IS LEGION, PEDOBEAR WE DON'T FORGIVE xD

>let me argue the contrarian yet ridiculous opinion

never change 4chin

0.00001 E bucks have been deposited in your account

If the game was free or loot boxes were purely aesthetic items then I wouldn't care. Some autists would still buy em in hopes of unlocking the lgbtqxyz+ storm trooper skin. But actual weapons and hEros that cant be unlocked any other way? Fuck that

Just quoting my new favorite redditor
> The progression I have no problem with. I played/play old school runescape, a grind wont keep me away. My problem stems from a deeper issue, my addiction to gambling. This addiction is a personal failing of mine and the reason I cant in good conscience buy games that offer an loot crate, at all. This is a coping strategy that I use to keep away from the temptation of opening these crates.

I'm just copying and pasting what this guy is saying. Guess I'm EA SHILL NOW BOIS
>I am ashamed to say for the next year or so my mother and I didn't get along. She and I both have very controlled type-A personalities. I think this actually lowers my resistance to gambling, because I cant control the out come it appeals to me in a subtle way. The endorphin rush I get when I win a bet is much larger than some of my more artistic or literary friends, but I digress.

unironcilly though, reddit is fucking garbage and if you like it then don't come here and make this board more like reddit than it already is

It's not surprising that nobody cares but addiction really is a problem

people with gambling addictions should just kill themselves. It's not even like drugs or sex, it's just a pure personality fuck up.

>He writes from his mother's basement as he desperately denies he has no internet or video game addiction

>Sup Forums

>EVER BUYING EA GAMES

Everyone here with even an ounce of interest in what EA is doing is a fucking casual

reddit links should be word filtered

I don't care. Food and video game addiction exists to, when are we going to get rid of that?

I've been here for literally 10 years at this point. This board is absolutely not more or less shitty than reddit, and the only difference is that in the last few years, faggots have used FUCKIN' REDDIT as a way to put this place on a pedestal.

>It's not even like drugs or sex
How the fuck is it not like drugs or sex? It's a dopamine rush just like those two.

it really is impressive how shit Sup Forums has gotten so much that it now defends microtransactions and EA, even considering baiters fishing for (you)'s

I once bought skate 3 forgetting it was an EA game

It still didn't help us in getting a skate 4

Le reddit literally made one of the biggest game companies back paddle on their biggest release AND simultaneously made
14 niggers on a vietnamese cartoon image board mad about their pointless existence at the shitendo of the www.

Wtf, i love reddit now?!

I'm at work lmao. The only """""""""'addiction"""""""" I have is an information addiction, which is why I'm constantly on the internet consuming information. But I fucking hate the term addiction because I'm perfectly fine when I'm cut off from the internet, it just takes an insane low effort to come here so it's hard to decide to do nothing instead of be on the internet. So it;s not an addiction, it's just a bad habit
the OP is a perfect example of how objectively better Sup Forums is than reddit. That kind of sickening virtue signaling would be met with nothing but ridicule here. Sup Forums also doesn't want to play Battlefront bad enough to throw a temper tantrum about the microtransactions. It's not a victory because anybody with taste will not buy the game anyway
culture aside, the upvoting/downvoting system completely obliterates any fucking hint of intellectual honestly in ANY discussion, ever. Any time you see a vote number next to a comment you should be sickened
microtransactions are garbage but I was happy to hear about the fiasco because people dumb enough to enjoy EA Battlefront deserve to be treated like garbage

Jesus Christ, I feel guilty when I spend money on amiibos. Glad I'll never be THAT bad.

Wasn't thing what "lootboxes are gambling"fags talking about?
Well damn they're right, fucking cash-shops, all these dumbasses who fall for virtual paid shit are weak.

Those same threads exist here, but they're in the form of 'bait' and 'troll' threads. People farm (You)s in the same way that the farm upboats. Everyone wants some sort of fucking internet celebrity status, and when they don't, they behave like fucking mongrels.

On any given thread on Sup Forums, you'll have the same six posts with the occasional intermittent discussion about the actual topic. Reddit's the same shit, but with meme bullshit and people trying desperately to be the smartest.

>In the past two years I have spent an estimated $10,407 on micro transactions, gambling, and other video game related digital items

what in the fucking christ

>The only """""""""'addiction"""""""" I have is an information addiction,

while you were destroying your bodies with drink and drug addictions, i was addicted to information

the twenty four hour neon high of the information superhighway, hooked right into my veins

all the world's knowledge at my fingertips, i became one with the net, i became... the ghost... in the shell

gambling addiction combined with little self-control (although those things are pretty much synonymous)

(you)s, while cancerous, are inherently less damaging than upvotes because of anonymity and thread life. You can only get (you)s once per thread and they don't stick around after that. It's obviously terrible in itself, but equally obviously better than fuckign reddit upvotes
honestly if I was a millionaire I would buy Sup Forums and remove the (you) feature from the native extension

You're browsing the internet instead of working because you have an addiction.

I hope hes not trying to blame games for it. Thats like going to Vegas and being upset you gambled away a bunch of shit on slots. Dont put yourself in the situation ie dont buy the game if you cant control yourself

no it's because I have no work to do and being on the internet is easier than reading a book or doing something else productive

I read a bit of the post, pretty sure the whole point was that game developers should take into consideration how their business practices can affect people with addictive personalities like him

Imagine being so pathetic that you can't control yourself when it comes to spending 10k on lootboxes. I'm not surprised so many companies are putting lootboxes on games when the world is full of rubes like the OP of the Reddit thread.

This is the only legitimate response.

Where does it stop though? Should Mario Odyssey take out the slot machines because manchildren can't control their made up gambling addiction? Should Yokai Watch stop having you get Yokai from the crank-a-kai because gacha is a form of gambling? Should FFX remove Wakka's slots overdrive as it's a form of gambling? Should Pokemon remove shinies because the RNG is a form of gambling? If someone really has a gambling addiction they should just not play video games instead of ruining it for everyone else.

>Not having a job that allows little 4 chan breaks

>DUDE JUST DONT BUY THEM
>DO YOU HAVE LIKE ZERO SELF CONTROL?

Why is it so fucking hard for dumbasses to understand the problem with lootboxes? I don't buy them, and I don't give a fuck about how others spend their money; the problem is that they're changing the way video games are made.

Lootboxes are turning video games into a massive scheme. They're so insanely profitable that the entire game basically becomes an advertisment to buy more lootboxes, lootboxes become the center of the game. Game design no longer becomes about making an enjoyable experience, it becomes a ploy to sell you more shit; infinitely more so than anything that has preceded it.

Lootboxes are the amalgamation of everything wrong with this industry.

This idiot is on par with a fat person who can't stop stuffing their face with food complaining to McDonalds for running advertisements making them hungry.

It's not their fault you have no self control. The education system clearly failed this individual, he could've invested that 15k and would've been sitting in a better position then most people his age. Embarrassing

Gambling in a videogame isn't a problem if it doesn't use real money, dingus

Seriously. 19 and making 15 an hour he's in a good position if he wasn't blaming EA for making him throw his money away

>mad as FUCK EA marketeers on full damage control
Yeah boi, keep bending that ass, so good boy.

it's not like he's saying his problems are EA's fault, he's saying companies like EA should take into consideration people with addictive personalities
spoilers: they do, it's just that they consider them their greatest spenders and exploit them further

Sup Forums tries so hard to be contrarian that eventually most of the morons here will defend microtransactions and lootboxes, even if it started out as just an ebin troll. Mark my words.

Because neo-Sup Forumseddit is just full of contrarians who will side against ANYTHING even remotely popular.
Reminder that fat fucks in this board support Battlefront 2 and it's microtransactions, EA, paid mods, Rockstar banning GTA V mods, and a large etc, just to feel like the cool kid with a unique opinion.

This is why i'm happy Sup Forums is completely irrelevant in this industry.

Sup Forums hated it before reddit, retard.

REMINDER TO NOT BUMP BAIT THREADS

>Lootboxes are the amalgamation of everything wrong with this industry.

t. the people jealous they didn't find the one weird trick to getting rich

look, i understand it must suck seeing smarter folk than you profiting, but that's no reason to insist they stop doing what's making money

Why would that even fucking matter?

yeah and only a complete fucking faggot would say something like that. what a weak cunt.

Christ this board is really just full of edgy young men huh.

Yes, lad, perfectly reasonable. Instead of just regulating this garbage, let's just have people kill themselves so they don't get addicted to it.

You're a fucking genius.

>Instead of just regulating this garbage, let's just have people kill themselves so they don't get addicted to it.
unironically yes, there's literally nothing wrong with that
let the adults have fun gambling while the mentally ill children suffer from their own weakness

>regulating art
Fuck off, statist.

>implying all gamblers aren't mentally ill children
wew

betting on horse races and playing poker are legitimate patrician rich folk activities

>Complaining that you don't have to pay to unlock stuff now
Are you upset that you can earn it in game now or that you don't get to be an impulsive spender like you claim you're not.

I can let poker pass, but if you bet on horses you might as well be comatose.

>Is it my job?
Yes it is your job as the consumer you dumb fucker to prevent predatory marketing like this. Seriously, take out all the graphics of this game, stop looking at how pretty it is for a hot fucking second and compaire it to battle front II the original one, and look how much it offered you over this pile of crap. That was 50 bucks back then, this is 80 bucks for hot garbage. If you wanna keep this as the standard, then yeah buy it if not, do something else.

Don't even mix that reddit meme shit with the likes of pedobear.

>Posts thread from reddit
>Why do you do this Sup Forums?
You have to go back

Ironically his impulse control must of been on holiday because he did buy BF2.

but I like predatory marketing in games that are shit. It means that the people dumb enough to like it get treated unfairly and/or get ripped off of their money

>I bought Battlefront 2 everybody else is dumb!

It's not about impulse control. Overwatch's lootbox system involves impulse control. This is just poor design. It's about gameplay advantages being available for purchase in what is primarily a multiplayer game. If I want to feel subject to the whales with far more dispensable income to put into the game, I'll play some F2P/P2W Korean MMO. It is ridiculous to pay full price for a game and then face a paywall that favors finance over skill.

At the end of the day, the 'impulse control' is deciding whether or not to buy a game that needs additional purchases to be put on a level field. If someone wants to drop a couple hundred on lootboxes/grind extensively at a disadvantage then that's on them and more power to them. But talking about this game like anyone can just pick it up would be equivalent to talking about a Grand Strategy expecting some average Joe to be able to understand it immediately. It just replaces a skill gate with a financial one, and that's not something I support.

no you dumbass, I didn't buy battlefront 2 because it's a shit game. I just wish it kept the microtransactions so that everyone who bought it would have a negative experience

it was the refugee invasion, I've never seen veddit so much

you don't. redditard missing the point and turning a broad issue into a personal issue because redditors are stupid cuckolds

>I didn't buy the game honest! I love microtransactions because other people are dumb, not me!

yes, quite literally yes. I hate EA, hate DICE, hate Disney Star Wars. I want the game to fail and make as many people miserable as possible. The game is so bad that the people who are stupid enough to buy it deserve to be robbed not only of their money but of their fun

>defending pay to win fucks and greed ruining vidya since expansions became DLC
get fucked.

>LISTEN TO ME I AM RETARDED AND EVERYTHING SHOULD CATER TO ME

Why do some people on Sup Forums defend the things we used to make fun of years ago? I swear this board is like a pendulum.

nobody likes micro transactions you piece of shit. we just think it's nice that it makes faggots upset and doesn't bother us because we wouldn't buy the game anyway

that's really not the point of that redditards post. if you look this redditard turns the issueof loot boxes being bad period into loot boxes are bad because i have no impulse control. so then it turns into how can ea make loot boxes more friendly to people with impulse control? do you see?

loot boxes are bad. loot boxes are cancer. loot boxes are anti consumer. this is the only argument

>we

yes, myself and the other posters like OP ridiculing retarded fucking redditors. there are more than one of us, hence "we"

Amipuus

no, you are 100% that bad. amiibos are worse in every aspect

Don't speak for me, cunt.

>everyone on Sup Forums is an upper middle class shitstain

No wonder there's so many anti-pirate shills. Their biggest problems in life are not getting tendies.

Why? They're figures.

Ponzi schemes and conman activities aren't allowed to relieve stupid people of their money, why should vidya companies be allowed to make easy cash out of people with addictions?