>id software
>bethesda
>quake ip
>announced centre stage at E3
>free to play
>casual
>$1,000,000 memesport tournament
>dead
How can something that has so much going for it be so fucking dead?

Shitreg and different characters having different stats. But mostly shitreg.

Content overload. Basically too many others options. Plus they made it a shitty matchmaking arena shooter with 8 fucking players. Honestly, Quake fucking died when they tried to sell it as an elite shooter built for competitions. A handful of people went to Quakecon for that. Everyone dlse went for the community and to meet long time friends and rivals.

>Shitreg
Yeah, this is what made me drop it. Shame too, but it could have been fun if they had just improved things from the beta.

Good. Arena shooters are stupid and outdated. RIP

I've seen some shitty netcode in my time. Most of the time I can just live with it.
However, QC is steaming garbage. Nothing feels consistent. It's absolutely fucking broken.

another pvp fps with cooldown abilities

I'm pretty sure new Quake is still not f2p until you got into beta and it works only through Bethesda Launcher. On Steam you can only buy it, so these are numbers for people who bought f2p game.

It's not 1999 anymore gramps, nobody cares about Quake.

All those that played Quake in the past already on their deathbed

Isn't this the one with diversity? It can't be that good.

>no instagib
>4v4 only
>pay to use heroes takes forever
>shit matchmaking
>ftp game that cost $30

Sucks because I like the gameplay. Champions idea is pretty good. Fuck esports for ruining shooters.

who cares. rtcw was the best game id ever made. instead now we get this betheshit single player experience garbage. desu i don't even care if we don't get a proper team based shooter out of wolfenstein because it would be from betheshit

meant to say class based shooter. whatever

No one gives a fuck about arena fps tbqhwyf. You could create a perfect port of Quake with redone graphics and it would be Lawbreakers-tier in popularity.

>people arent paying for a game that is free

wow, who would have tought

How difficult is it to just copy QL/Q3A with new graphics?
Yet they couldn't even pull that off and bought into the copying overwatch for $$$ meme when people are already over it

>2,388 all-time peak
The game launched and has died off. Games like this should be seeing growth.

Why would you buy a f2p game? No, seriously, I'm listening.

>5 year old indie game has a larger playerbase than Quake Champions

Fucking kek

>f2p
not right now dipshit

I've been playing it for roughly 140 and while I am not seeing it becoming the next overwatch by a long stretch it definitely has potential to be great. Right now it needs more content and to be properly balanced, too bad it's being handled by saber. But I'm hopping Bethesda will get their shit toghether with this one, being the jews they are I'm doubtful they will pass out on that sweet lootbox cash. Besides after the disaster of TESO's launch they kept updating it and supporting it, so hate them as much as you want they do care about their games, even if it's just for purely economic reasons.

Classes in Quake
Nobody wants classes in quake
It is that simple
Inb4 TF was a quake mod
A MOD
Vanilla quake is simetrical by definition
They want the overtard audience and the fucked up

QC wasnt on steam first though

Why are people quitting so quickly? Why are people abandoning a game shortly after spending money on it?

If people that care enough to buy the game aren't playing, then what hope does f2p have?

Because the player base doesn't increase and people don't go and buy the game to play it 24/7.

that doesn't mean much when the game you posted is just packed with elitist pricks where most of the match is defined by the commander skill,
tho i'm glad i didn't continued playing Quake Champions after 2-3hrs on it

>Because the player base doesn't increase
????????????
If your game doesn't grow over time and isn't keeping current players engaged it's because you fucked up. Nothing to do with f2p.

The playerbase will increase it goes f2p. Currently it's not even considered as released game by pretty much everyone.

you have to have been in the beta to have f2p currently

>The playerbase will increase it goes f2p.
You can't read. Nevermind, you're fucking retarded.

BECAUSE THEY ARE FUCKING RETARDS WHO THINK THE AVERAGE OVERWATCH SJW TARD WILL EVER CONSIDER PLAYING QUEK

literally no point at all in playing champions. Quake live is better in literally every way. simpler graphics is more optimal for the way it plays. extensive option/control setup configuration, just play quake live

>sjw boogieman
cringe

Once already existing owners hear "oh, it's finally out" they will go back and see how it plays.

DO THEY PLAY SHOOTERS?
NO THEY FUCKING DONT

For an hour. Because the game is shit. You're still missing the point. Stop responding.

....there's another quake game?

DUDE LETS TURN QUAKE INTO MOBA LMAO
DUDE LOOTBOXES LMAO
glad its over

They shoulda made a singleplayer with it. Then you know you'll get some value, especially if it's a fun campaign.

All they had to do was remake Quake 3 with a full blown Korean MMO teir character creator and armour/visual customization on the level of Soul Caliber and it would've been the GOAT

But no, they went MOBA with it

Your point was about stagnant playerbase.

It's not that people go "I'm done with this game, I'm not playing it anymore", they just forget about it over time. Nothing stops them from going back.

>How can something that has so much going for it be so fucking dead?
Because the genre is dead and has no fanbase.

The kinda shit you just described would've been even deader than we have today, but hey at least they satisfied your autistic fantasy

>Constant bitching from ancient Quake fans about how every shooter should be an arena shooter and everything is casual now etc. etc. etc.
>Every single new arena shooter that comes out can't maintain a population
When are you fags just gonna admit you're out of touch?

When is the industry going to be able to make games better than those that came out 18 years ago?

I love Quake Champions but can't play it anymore until the hitboxes are fixed and the LG behaves like it should.
It is good whe nit works, except it doesn't work right now. Doomguy is overpowered, but Anarki is even more, along with Slash and Nyx is a cunt to deal with. Everyone else is bottom tier or cheese like Scalebearer. Since the hitreg and performance problems are off the ground, balance is way off too. Has little content and has taken too much to fix.

All of these could be forgiven if each patch was rolled at a steady pace but no. And even if it does, the Bethesda client tries, which is a real piece of chinese coded shit, tries to download the whole game every time a 36mb patch change is made to the client side. Bethesda is shit. This is bananas.

>update graphics
>put in better maps, but keep the good ones from q3a
>actual fucking matchmaking
>all the classic modes and maybe some new ones
>add campaign could either be calling out other "pro leet mlg" esport games like csgo or pubg out on being trash, or just hype the fuck outta the fact quake is back instead of this "i'm a gaymur xd" shit we got
>updates regularly like golden age tf2

not saying it would have a massive following, but it'd still be better than what's going on now

it's a shitty game. i've never seen a worser case of nostalgia goggles.

>Your point was about stagnant playerbase.
Wrong. My point is that you have people that purchased the game that have abandoned it because it's awful.
According the steam spy, there's reportedly 205,819 ± 13,732 owners of QC.
Having ~300 people playing out of 200k owners shows the game has absolutely nothing going for it.
Free to play isn't going to change this, the game just isn't engaging or fun and its flat out broken.

I'm not a giant FPS fan, but I certainly noticed this.
It just felt fucking awful. It felt worse than FPS with fucking flinch and whoever puts flinch in a game deserves to be shot.
All they should have done is quake live with as high quality graphics as possible, and then focused on producing as much meme content as possible. Throw some PvE modes in there, throw some battle royale bullshit, I don't care
The problem with FPS, and particularly arena FPS is that people play for a couple weeks, and stop.
Look at CoD, there's a reason they were (are?) Largely successful releasing the same game each year. It wasn't an exhaustion in content for normies, they just got tired of the old one, and bought something with a new coat of paint.

>You know what we should turn Quake into, champion based arena shooter
maybe it's about time companies realise that sometimes less is more.

Shit game. Worse even than Lawbreakers that's for sure.

Nice cherry picking picture and nice shitposting. I can clearly see you haven't played the game cause what you're mumbling was so 2 months ago. The game isn't even released yet and the only way you can access is through early access or beta key. How this number is bad considering Quake Champions will be released next year? If anything, it's a stable number and this graph is not considering people who plays via bethesda launcher.

Also, who in the fuck you think is this game aiming to? general shitty fps players? Overwatch players? No. It's a QL replacement and nothing more.

You just wanna turn this into another Battleborn/Lawbreakers meme but it's not gonna happen.

QC thread and post nyx. And remember to git gud.

This is the worst shill post I've seen all month and I just saw someone call the new AC GOTY

Here's a shocker for ya;
Because despite what Sup Forums wants to believe, no one wants to play an arena shooter these days anymore.

>quake autists don't like it because of classes and it isn't "real quake"
>people who like class based shooters don't like it because it's quake and actually requires skill compared to other games
>hitreg is barely mediocre at best
>f2p but actually isn't unless you had it in beta
>the menus, mostly the friends menu, is bugged constantly
>after a few matches the game becomes a stuttery mess until you restart
The playerbase is probably double that though since that's only tracking the steam playerbase, where the majority are probably playing it from bethesdas shitty launcher from the beta.

I want a singleplayer quake that merges elements of both the first game and the strogg games

>baaaah, you detected my shitposting so you're a shill.
Git gud faggot, you're probably another shitty bottomfragger.

>they can't detect I'm shilling if I use hip lingo
Kys

>Because despite what Sup Forums wants to believe, no one wants to play an arena shooter these days anymore.

quake champions isn't an arena shooter

any quake game has to have modding, mapping, and custom servers. quake champions has none of these. that's the reason people aren't playing it. there's absolutely nothing good about it whatsoever

why do you personally think people are refusing to migrate to the newer games?

@397141870
@397141980
>MOBA
not even worth a (you)

keep crying manchild, you wish you were a shill.

there's absolutely no way q3a has 872 players

uh oh

Those are bots, retard.

It doesn't. It's the least played Quake aside from Quake 4 and those are all bots. Quakeworld, Q2, and Live have more players.

JUST MAKE A QUAKE SP GAME AND DROP THE "ITS DOOM BUT MULTIPLAYER" MEME ALREADY!

Doom had multiplayer though. It's the original arena shooter.

Why are arena shooters ded? Why can't normalfags and casuals enjoy them as much as I do?

Just find people to play with. There's a tournent of over 100 people right now for Quakeworld and EDL going for Quake 2.

Normalfags play for 10 minutes every 3 days and then complain that they keep getting killed. Casuals don't like to be able to lose.

PC only. It killed the game. Very few games can survive like this.