Have you ever been "addicted" to videogames to the point of them negatively influencing your life...

Have you ever been "addicted" to videogames to the point of them negatively influencing your life? What did you do about this?

I played more video games.

I used to be addicted to WoW but not really the game itself, but to the social aspect of just talking to people. Eventually though the game got so fucking shit that I couldnt continue and quit. Now I have no vidya addictions at all.

>Have you ever been "addicted" to videogames to the point of them negatively influencing your life?
Yes.
>What did you do about this?
I spent 10 years as a social hermit.

Nothing, it's still about 1000 times better than dealing with cunt people.

that dad probably can't believe what a pleb his son is turning out to be

Yes, and I did jack shit because honestly as far as vices go, vidya is pretty manageable. It's not like I start jonesing for my next fix after a day or anything. (Probably, as I don't recall ever having gone that long without some form of video game)

No. I love video games and without them I'd just be watching TV, movies, or reading all day none of those being more or less productive than video games. If anything I'm addicted to staying home and not being social, I don't care for people much. I believe its called being a "hermit" its a tough new concept that people don't quite get yet. Apparently a new meme for the antisocial generation.

came here to post this

I used to play World of Warcraft during vanilla. I loved the game to death. But because the community was starting to get on my nerves and friends were backstabbing me, I had taken the install discs took them to my kitchen counter put them over the edge and broke them with a hammer.

This is the face of disappointment.

I'd be pretty disappoint too if my son lacked the willpower to just not play shit and tried to make me hide it for him.

even if they did I probably wouldn't notice it

but man I hate talking, or anything social really

videogames were literally the only things I had any passion in when I was young (which is still pretty true today), and I think my parents knew that if they took them away, then I'd be as even bigger fucking loser than I already was/am. I'd have fucking nothing to talk about with anyone, and no way to develop any friends.

I mean, I still ended up being a complete and utter fucking loser, but that wasn't because of videogames. It's because I'd a worthless piece of useless fucking garbage.

Is it an addiction if I played an MMO for god knows how long not because of the game, but because it helped me forget my shitty existence?

I think we're all the same deep inside, losers.

Same here, but it was the other way around.
The people on my server were toxic as fuck, also not being able to reach a decent gear score while playing good and having decent gear made it impossible to get into raids. No gear=no higher gear score=no raids=no gear.....

Nah, I'm a loser on the outside too.

Were you always picked last in gym class when the teacher assigned 2 students to pick one person at a time from the class?

I was.

Literally every single time, I was the dead last fucking pick.

I mean, yeah, I hated sport, but I still fucking tried to avoid being an embarrassment to my team, but it never fucking worked, because I always ended up fucking up somehow, like by panicking and sending the ball over to the other team.

The same thing happened at my university class recently, where we were doing practice sports lessons as a sort of teaching practice assessment, and we were playing basketball or something, and one of the rules was that everyone had to have held the ball in order to score a point. As soon as the other team realized how shitty I was, they ended up exploiting me and stopping the ball from getting to me. I was the weak link. All that fucking class did was bring back awful memories.

i fucking hate people

My heart ached reading this. I can relate somewhat because we all played football in school and I was shit. Not the absolute dead last pick because my friends would pick me even if I was awful at kicking a ball but still it brings me down hearing your story.

Its my firm belief that if you werent in the last 3 kids picked for sport teams in gym class then then only board you should be allowed on is Sup Forums. Too bad it would be completely unenforceable.
Us complete and utter losers have to stick together.

>faggot jock tells me they'd be far better off as a team if i didn't play
>i just stop playing and sit down somewhere
>they lose
>he is angry at me for doing what he says
Man, I don't even blame him. His step-dad was a fat and insecure manlet, and it rubbed off.

Yes and I still am
Idc, I love them as fuck

Is this seriously something teachers did? I thought the whole "asking 2 students to pick one person at a time" thing was just a cliche in movies and stuff.

Seems like a dick move that'll clearly put some kids down.

A friend of mine dropped out of high school to play WoW.

I haven't heard from him for over a decade, and not since a week after he dropped out.

nice "friend", faggot.
What if this guy killed himself ? The least you could do as a friend is check on him.

I lived, and continue to live at the opposite end of the country. I'm not his support network. If he's retarded enough to drop out of his life over a video game, I'm not going to stop him.

You'll understand when you're older.

"son, switch has no games"

My teacher occasionally let the complete losers pick the teams.
They all just picked the jocks and all the other losers were ignored as always.
i was literally always picked last and he never let me choose a team holy shit the bias was so strong

>Have you ever been "addicted" to videogames to the point of them negatively influencing your life?
Yes.
>What did you do about this?
Played more videogames.

i fucking hate the fact that there were very clear losers and very clear winners in early school. fuck, I still feel like a loser now.

Yes, to the point of becoming a superneet of sorts, didnt leave the house for almost 2 except for groceries or walking the dog.

Joined the army and got rekt into being fit because of a few people caring way too much about me.

Years*

I wasted most of my teen tears on WoW instead of going to parties and kissing girls. Now I'm wasting my 20s on WoW and don't leave the house except for work. Feels good man.

I pretty much completely fucked up a year of college because of Final Fantasy XIV
I went to community college, got a job, and quit the game outright after that year. I still play a lot of games but without an MMO that I feel obligated to play constantly it's a lot easier to get my priorities taken care of

When I was nine I played some deer hunting game on PC for so long that I ended up shitting myself.

t. lastpicked fags

Its not a fucking drug, shit just go outside play some sports with your friends.

>sports

>kissless virginio
>no friends
>no family
>shit job
>no hobbies other than vidya
It's not that I'm addicted, is that I don't have anything else.

anything just go hang out with your friends, go partying, go eat out or movie with your gf and by the end of the day you forget about video games, Simple.

>tfw usually picked 2nd or 3rd
wew lad