1080p 60fps

I currently have a gtx970, an i5 3570k and the asrock z77 extreme as motherboard.
What should I upgrade and what do you recommend?
Is it a good idea to buy a 1060 6gb for the memory?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Hj78xH48p4
youtube.com/watch?v=4chk3fWb6xI
nvidia.com/en-us/gtc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nobody wants play tf2 faggot

Nothing worth to upgrade i'd say, wait for the next nvidia gpu.

Very little reason to upgrade unless you go for GTX 1070 or above.

Otherwise you're golden for a year or two more

>970 to 1060
that's a downgrade lol

Sup Forums advice every time:

"Ur rig is shit, buy what I'm using"

Very helpful advice

The 970 should still do fine on 1080p gaming

Upgrading now would be pretty expensive and you're not gonna get that much improvement for now

Eh, not exactly a downgrade but more like no change of note either way

Not worth the upgade unless you go for a 1070, which is stupid at this point
There's really no reason to rush an update with that system, wait for volta

If you ask Sup Forums about a gpu for videogames they'll tell you to fuck off to Sup Forums

Hope you don't mind me interjecting

I downloaded For Honor during free-to-play. I want to crack it for now and then uncrack it with out downloading it again (I intend to purchase it later)
Will this fuck things up?

I agree with these guy's there is no need to upgrade you'll be good for a few years. Save your cash
I'm still rocking a 650 1gb. Have to down res to 13xx by 720 and low but...
You'll get good medium for long

I'd recommend going all out. I went from a 390x to a 1080ti.

Honestly worth it.

>What should I upgrade and what do you recommend?
you shouldn't upgrade at all.

>AMD FX-8350
>GeForce GTX 770
Should I buy 1080?

upgrade FOR WHAT?
what's with all the retards buying expensive hardware before they even know what to do with it

>not buying a 1080ti and 8700k

If you're really on 1080p, there is zero reason to upgrade your build for a while.

What the fuck are you playing at 1080p that a 970 cant handle? My 280x still runs everhthing fine on high/ultra at a stable framerate. OC your CPU if you havent yet.

You dont even need to ask just read the pasta in /pcbg/ desu

get an ssd if you don't have one

Update that CPU because 4c4t doesn't cut it anymore in modern games.

t. former owner of a 3570k

Jump from 7200rpm to SSD is pretty amazing. But can you expect a similar jump when going from SATA3 SSD to a PCI one?

NO.
The only times you notice a difference between SATA and NVME/PCI/M.2 is when doing massive file transfers. The only good reasons to use M.2 SSDs is if you don't want to deal with the size bulk of 2.5inch SSDs.

You will not notice a difference in boot times, game loading times, etc. Only when moving massive files.

PCI is definitely faster. I doubt the difference is as significant as when going from platters to ssd though.

>4c4t doesn't cut it anymore in modern games.
Bullshit.
t: non-K i5 2500 owner.

Oh yeah? Try playing Battlefield 1 without stuttering everywhere. Try playing Assasins Kangs. Even TW3 gets lots of framedrops with 4c4t.

>Even TW3 gets lots of framedrops with 4c4t.
No it doesn't. Played it just fine, coupled with 6GB GTX 1060

1060 6gb runs everything in 1080p maxed, but doesnt 970 do almost exactly the same thing?

Why do people bullshit so?
Only the 2600K can stay above 60fps reliably in TW3, 2500 and 35xx can't, especially at anything other than low/medium settings.

Use MSI Afterburner and check CPU usage, those CPUs are a bottleneck now. The biggest offender for me was BF1, that had my CPU load at 99% all the time and when it would go to 100% I'd get stuttering. All that stuttering was gone when I upgraded my CPU.
Not only that but overall frame rates increased significantly, which for me is very important because I have a 144hz monitor.

I dont think that's an upgrade. The 970 should be running everything maxed out at that res, or has NVIDIA already gimped it that much?
I have a Sapphire 290 which is the 970 equivalent and I haven't felt the need to upgrade until I get a higher res monitor since it still maxes nearly anything at 1980/60/.

>tfw my 970 died on me suddenly after 2.5 years of light use

Piece of shit cost me £250. Would I still have a warranty on it? I can't even be bothered to look that up.

*1080/60

>Why do people bullshit so?
Why do you even think I'm bullshitting you?
I have no agenda or desire to lie to people. I'm just reporting my personal experiences, and that is silky smooth 60fps in huge majority of the games, using High settings for the most part.

>Use MSI Afterburner
I do all the time.

Warranty is usually only 2 years. But you could still try to RMA it with the manufacturer. Worst case scenario you get rejected.

Can confirm as an owner of both 2600K and 970
Witcher 3 was really smooth

Go play Battlefield 1 with that CPU and experience all that sweet bottleneck with all the stutter that comes along.
New games are using more threads and cores, and 4c4t doesn't cut it for new games anymore. Of course you can play at the minimum settings at 1080p and say "IT JUST WORKS FINE" but that's just being dishonest.
I run KF2 maxed out at UW1080p at 144fps, before on my quad core I couldn't even dream of getting above 70fps. And once again it's not just maximum framerates, the 1% lows are what's important, framedrops with the 3570k were not an oddity.

>I5 2550k @ 4.8ghz
>8gb ram
>GTX 970

I've been rocking this CPU for like 6 years and I gotta say it's good and all but I think I should upgrade it. I've been wanting to do so for a long time but every time I ask if I should upgrade it people tell me I should wait one more year.

I was thinking of getting a new mobo, cpu, psu and 16gb ram ddr4 @ 3000mhz. I'll keep using the GTX 970 for now, I'll get a new gpu next year I guess.

What do you think? Should I get the new 8700k? Also, I have a Noctua NH U14S, will it work with the new mobo?

>Go play Battlefield 1 with that CPU and experience all that sweet bottleneck with all the stutter that comes along.
I wont, because I don't support EA shit, but have some videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=8Hj78xH48p4
youtube.com/watch?v=4chk3fWb6xI

tl;dr: If you can't get steady 60fps with i5 2500 or i7 2600, (You) are doing something VERY wrong.

>I run KF2 maxed out at UW1080p at 144fps, before on my quad core I couldn't even dream of getting above 70fps.
I had GTX 560ti 1GB up until last July, and even when coupled with that, my i5 2500 could easily get 50+ fps average at 1920x1200, mixture of medium and high settings, Flex effects and Bloom/blurs off.

Consider this carefully, 8400/8600K are to the 8700K what the 2500 and 2550K are to the 2600K.
At this point, what go for 6c/6t when you can get 6c/12t, you're going to be overpaying for a Z370 motherboard no matter which CPU you buy, and RAM is going to be pricey no matter which CPU you get.
The problem with Coffee Lake right now is availability, if you can actually buy one, it's the strongest CPU for gaming at the moment.

>I currently have a gtx970, an i5 3570k and the asrock z77 extreme as motherboard.
literally me
I'm looking at a gtx 1070 and an i5-7600k.

>I don't own or play this game but let me tell you what it's like
Nope, I wasn't doing something wrong because I monitored all my processes and I'm not the only person to have had this problem. I've spoken with plenty of people who actually own and play the game and the performance is consistent, 4c4t from older gens isn't good enough for BF1.
I don't care what some benchmarks on fresh systems show, even with every background thing turned off including recording/streaming software, internet browsers, etc the game would be using around 95 to 100% of the CPU. It doesn't matter what you're doing when the game itself is using all that much of the CPU.

>4c4t from older gens isn't good enough for BF1.
considering how many people are playing it just like that, no problems (see: the new i3 chips), I have to assume you have misconfigured your game. Or it's just 144fps fags crying about nothing once again.

Yeah apparently the 8700k is out of stock. The 8600k is slightly cheaper than the I7 7700k, pretty good.

Alright I'm willing to spend up to $1000, what cpu would you get?

>misconfigured game
>everything on lowest settings with a framrate cap and no background programs
>even trying every single tweak that would come up on google/reddit/forums
>i'm not the only person that reports shitty performance
>monitoring CPU load it's always hoovering around 90% or more and reaching 100 is the cause of stutters
>happens in both DX11 and DX12
>this didn't happen during the beta or the first patches of the game right after release

Please do tell me how it is my fault that the game ran at 100fps on high settings in the Beta and then performance degraded with each new patch after developers "optimised" the game.
Also benchmarks for BF1 are done in the singleplayer campaign, the true test is the multiplayer, where the stutters occur frequently and are game breaking.

Whether it's a bug introduced by DICE with patches, a bad optimisation, or overhead it doesn't matter, my 4c4t CPU at 3.8Ghz couldn't handle steady 60fps and all that stuttering was gone once I upgraded to a CPU with more threads.

I didn't know that was a thing, I haven't browsed Sup Forums for years

nvidia.com/en-us/gtc/

>March 26-29

Wait for Nvidia Volta or Ampere