On sale for 13 bucks on Humble Bundle, thought I'd pick it up. Haven't played it yet, will it be good Sup Forums?

On sale for 13 bucks on Humble Bundle, thought I'd pick it up. Haven't played it yet, will it be good Sup Forums?

One of the biggest disappointments in my entire life

It's forgettable, but fun.

install mods

>will it be good Sup Forums?
No. You will regret playing it in the end.

Yes.

Don't listen to the shitters who are mad just because the game isn't 80% cutscenes. Go buy it and enjoy.

>just because the game isn't 80% cutscenes
Nobody ever has complained about MGSV "just" because of that. Or rather, never even brought it up.
It's all because the game is, no joke, not finished. And the overall gameplay is a horrible slog.

I absolutely loved the gameplay, but don't expect anything from the story. It's an unfinished mess.

>the overall gameplay is a horrible slog.
t. played vanilla with markers on (probably used wallhack wolf or sniper horse too)

>t. played vanilla with markers on
Obviously.
If a game does not hold up without mods, it is nothing but a shit game. MGS series' games have never been lacking in quality, before TPP came around that is.

>MGS series' games have never been lacking in quality
Your opinion is pretty much about the equivalent of trash now. You can keep replying, but just know that nothing you say will mean anything.

>I HAVE NO COMEBACK, SO I'LL JUST PLUG MY EARS AND PRETEND I CAN'T HEAR HIM!
t: (You)
Just try to convince me that MGS1-4 were not some of the highest quality, most bug-free, visually impressive and gameplay-wise engaging AAA games of the past decade.

It was free on psn it is a stealth game i hate stealth games it sucks. Looks pretty but im not sneaking a whole, fucking gay fag shit.

It'll never be enough, but some of the grievances can be improved or taken care of with PC mods. They're clunky and take time to use but generally worth it. The gameplay can be pretty great with a fully tweaked setup.

If you don't mind repetitive missions then go ahead. The only thing I really liked about the gameplay was that snake controlled really well. Moving around, aiming, rolling, crouch walking, etc.

here we see a typical child of the Xbox generation

>game has been out for years
>there have been threads upon threads upon threads discussing it
>articles
>reviews
>videos
>10 trillion avenues to find out how people feel about this game
>still makes a thread on Sup Forums to ask "how is it?"
Just form your own fucking opinion, jesus christ.

it's 20, not 13.

some game called killer is dead is free also

Nope, tell me in lords of shadow 2 how cool stealth is?

>t:
Yeah, enough said right here alone.

Good enough game, bad MGS part.

If you aren't interested in MGS you will probably enjoy it more. Just don't try to understand the story.

>lords of shadow 2
...The what now?

Ooh no kiddo, you're not getting off that easily!
Give me something concrete to work with. Why do you think MGS games were not high quality?

literally how fucking new

This really
Gameplay can get repetitive as well but it is still pretty fun, worth it for $13

>Doesn't show up on the Humble Store in my region

Guess i'll go and wrestle spider-shark hybrids or something instead.

You sound dumb.

It will probably be in the next Humble Monthly

You are either left with a phantom pain which means the game achieved its purpose or you realize it is the truest example of ludo ever created.

Either way, Kojima wins, and a work of art that succeeds independent of its audience is incredible to think about.

its 13.39 actually, faggot.

it's the best game in the series by far.
ignore the faggots on this board, they're all hiveminded fucktards who don't think for themselves. this faggoty board likes vvvvv, but thinks portal is "dumb" and "overrated."
only came here today to see how many bitchy hate threads BFII got.

>Can't even share my genuine opinion on something because I'll be labelled a hiveminded fucktard because other people also share similar opinions
Good thing we have you here to show us that your opinion, the one true one, is the only one that matters.

I actually really liked it until I realized it was over.

The story had to be 3 times longer or a lot more compact. If you don't care about the story, you'll probably have a fun time. The open-world aspect is retarded but it's not enough to destroy the gameplay.

Don't worry. After MGS2, they started making the stealth more optional. In this game you can deploy with a tank and roll into an enemy base if you want. You won't be able to get the best codenames or get all the optional objectives without playing differently (same goes for trying to 100% stealth, as there are some missions that require you to go loud now), but you'll still be able to beat the game.

As long as you realize Chapter 2 is actually the epilogue you'll enjoy it.

Buy it.
The story is decompressed, but way better than 4's. Missions are fun but do get repetitive.
The most replayable part are FOBs. Really varied stealth gameplay and failures have consequences.

Picked it up on PS+ last month. The game really makes me want to stop playing it sometimes. Especially when it can't even keep consistent rules. Shoving me into a battle against tanks mid side-op when I wasn't equipped for that, and then making that somehow the one mission they take away my "return to acc" option in the menu so I'm stuck like that was just the latest annoyance (Luckily I eventually realized I was still able to fulton myself out on a storage container so I can come back to it later).

Not a terrible game. I think I might have preferred Peace Walker though. Peace Walker had fucking dragons for fucks sake.

just play new vegas with 100 sneak skill, it's the same thing.

I also find myself wondering how I would have felt about the twist if I hadn't already had it spoiled for me long before playing the game.