Breath of the Wild

Why does it feel so soulless?

I remember going into Hyrule field in OoT and it being so full of life - you could barely walk for 10 seconds before bumping into something cool like Lon Lon Ranch or the Running man. It felt alive.

This is just big, empty spaces. It doesn't have that sense of adventure.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zO8Y7hdD6Qk
youtu.be/SBdhxJTehdo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Youre not even putting effort in your bait.

Because you were 8 when you played OoT and are looking for je ne sais quoi and the feel of a simpler life in fucking video games and it will never happen
Grow up and drop the search for "soul" in your video games.

you're just too old for video games grandpa, go find some new hobbies

youtube.com/watch?v=zO8Y7hdD6Qk

agreed OP, hyrule field felt like an adventure

BotW is just like "uhh I guess there's a tower... gotta climb it"

This game showed me how much a waste of time video games are and how that wasted time can be put into learning something actually useful

Fuck off retard, don't you get tired of trying to pull this shit every waking hour of your life?

fucking lmao OoT was empty as fuck in most places. I actually stopped playing halfway through because it was so unfulfilling. I do plan on going back to it though. underneath some bad game design choices is a lot of charm and interesting world building

Lon Lon Ranch and the running man were the only two things you could run into in Hyrule Feild in OOT.

oot characters feel like cardboard cut outs and there are what, like 10 npcs?

>I remember going into Hyrule field in OoT and it being so full of life - you could barely walk for 10 seconds before bumping into something cool
Great bait. I rate it

Because you’re dead inside

I kind of agree with OP desu

Breath of the wild might be bigger but it's so fucking empty

OoT actually feels like an adventure, the world feels a lot bigger because of that.

Yes user, tell us about all the exciting content there was in Hyrule Field.

Nobody gives a shit about your feelings on a game this well received, just give up, your shitposting won't change anything.

there were those monsters that popped up frequently and lon lon ranch. also, some secrets

It's the music. Memorable melodic tracks make things feel alive in ways nothing else really does.

Loads of great mini dungeons in holes that were better than the shrines

it doesn't feel soulless. your soul is withering. it doesn't lack a sense of adventure...you do. the problem isn't the game, it's you.

doo doo doo
doo doo DOOO
DOO
DOOOD

god after a while, it drives you insane but it was memorable

Why does op's post feel so soulless?

>all the nintenbros reeeing in this thread
kek

Either will yours

>Hyrule field in OoT and it being so full of life

It just, I dunno...

It just lacks that sense of scale that OoT and Wind Waker had. When you leave Kokiri Forest and Outset island respectively, you just feel the scale of the quest ahead of you.

Breath of the Wild doesn't have that scale.

You're not even trying

>I remember going into Hyrule field in OoT and it being so full of life - you could barely walk for 10 seconds before bumping into something cool like Lon Lon Ranch or the Running man
Because there's only like ten seconds of land in hyrule field

this is the unironic actual truth but many people won't accept it because it just felt too real. that fun couldn't have been a result of my age and past views on games. I'm not getting older. fuck you

The image that will never stop being relevant, behold a true immortal

And they were like 20 feet away, Hyrule Field is so fucking tiny lol.

>people calmly explain why OP is looking for an indeterminate quality in his games
>HAHAHAHAHA NINTENBROS SEETHING MAD U MAD U MAD U MAD? TRIGGERED YOU'RE REEEEEING LMAO
Kill yourself.

I still really like BOTW, but you just highlighted my problem with this game without me knowing.

1. OP is clearly a zelda fan
2. Zelda is a nintendo frachise

Look, OP makes a good point, yeah it's not fully realised but we do need a mature discussion on this.

Nintendo is just losing that feeling it had pre-gamecube.

Are you a fucking retard? The sense of scale in BotW is better than in any other game ever made.

So why are you guys replying to what is clearly another bait thread with a copy pasted OP?

OoT is like a small amusement park, you don't have adventures there.

How do you lose a "feeling" in your video games? Couldn't it be you, becoming jaded and detached, who lost that "feeling" instead of games that are set?

Not scale of the world idiot, scale of the QUEST. The sandbox part of BOTW feels much more prominent than the "Zelda" part. You don't feel like the Hero of Time, you feel like an MMO character.

Nah, this isn't true

BotW you start off right in the middle of the massive area, the scale is set from the start so it doesn't expand.

When you leave the first areas in OoT and WW, the scale enlarges before your eyes. It makes those games feel so much bigger than BotW

OoT did feel bigger but that's because there was much more unused space. I remember playing the game for the first time and thinking. where is everything? why can't I talk to anyone? after coming off the 2d zelda titles, OoT felt incredibly empty

It's because it has some empty space between things, it lets you go where you want, and you have ADHD.

I'm replying to the other idiots that agree with him

But OoT's Hyrule Field is more empty than Breath of the Wild's is. In OoT, I just backwards-run to my destination every time (until I get the horse) because I know that odds are, nothing will get in my way. In Breath of the Wild, there's stretches of empty space, but there's at least stuff other than a Ranch and a destroyed wall at a 90 degree angle.

1/10 got me to reply

You do realize what this thread is right?

Was this the best map? It's the right scale.

Twilight Princess is the San Andreas map to BOTW's GTA V.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha what a simpleton with rose tinted glasses, you really are talking about how games you played when you were 12 "feel" more real or whatever with a straight face, just stop, it's embarrassing, we get it, you didn't like botw, but don't talk about elusive nonexistent qualities to justify it.

I realize what this site is.

When you leave the lost woods you are presented with a field the size of a few football fields, there's nothing breathtaking about it and I played it when it came out.

I disagree. recently played some new nintendo titles (not the switch ones admittedly. 3ds games I mean) and they still feel nintendo as ever. I'm sure when I play botw and odyssey eventually, they'll still feel like nintendo

Post lewds

>first time you look at the map when starting the game with only the farm unlocked
>it looks absolutely massive
>turns out it's a bunch of corridors

this game was a massive disappointment

The bait is pathetic.

But those corridors will full of life

>But OoT's Hyrule Field is more empty than Breath of the Wild's is.
It's a good thing that Hyrule Field only makes up like 10% of the game then. Whereas BotW's world is 100% of the game.

Wind Waker and SS were pretty bad too

No they weren't, were you 8 when you played TP?

You answered your own question.

>leave Windfall Island
>the great ocean finally seems entirely open to you
>try to move a square west and your boat cockblocks you

I hated hyrule field in tp, it was full of "LOOK HERE THERE'S AN ITEM HOLY SHIT" followed directly by a "OOH but you need an item to grab it".

Thats no what he ment. When he said souless it was ment for the lack of npcs

holy shit does cemu really look this good now? switch revision when? oh mama

Same with mario, shit game switch is all hype no substance. Horizon zd is goty new ip and blows both out of the fucking water. Pubg is better than zelda and mario.

>NPCs give life to a world built around exploration and discovery
This board is stupid.

Its pretty much babbies first mmo wo other players.

Here user, here is the attention you want. Do you feel better now?

>Horizon
>pubg

People wanted another OoT, and they got TP. And now TP is one of the least like 3d Zeldas.

I actually believe TP is a better OoT, I may be biased against OoT because I hate all the faggots that praise it without having played it though.

Twilight princess's Map size with breath of the Wilds attention to detail probably would have been amazing.
Also, they really should have had actual music in breath of the Wilds world. At least have something like this.
youtu.be/SBdhxJTehdo

He never played anything beside switch lelz. Horizon tea bags zelda with a roastie pussy and still is better. You literally have to be under 15 to think zelda did anythibg new that hasnt been in an mmo. Atleast hz had story and purpose with new world building. Im fucking 38 mateo, ive seen games from the 80s that are better than botw. Ill name you one, wizardy 2.

another problem is that TP had a ton of cool items that you had absolutely no use outside of their dungeons. The Spinner, the dominion rod, the ball and chain and so on. You only ever used them to complete a puzzle or two

you were a kid back then, everything felt magical when you wouldnt wet your bed one night.

also oot had a soundtrack which is a plus.

You type like a teenager, how embarrassing.

And the running man only appeared after the first adult dungeon.

Check. Mate.

but those items gave the game it's own sense of self and breathed more life into them

That's actually true, but the reason for this isn't the field itself, it's the fact that OoT is very compat and you never feel too far away from the castle/town, from your home village, from Kakariko, from the ranch or the lake. Those places are always floating around in your subconsciousness. It's the opposite of empty fields in BotW, which are surrounded by other empty fields. Of course what's also helping is that Ocarina of Time actually has amazing music the whole time. Ocarina of Time has vibrant colors. And Ocarina of Time has actually some creepy elements such as zombies, ghosts and stalchildren that WILL kill you when you stop running from them. This makes you value the peaceful atmosphere more.

It's mostly the incredible map/world design, though, as I already mentioned. Much of the same reason why San Andreas is better than GTA V.
You should ignore those guys. They're probably around 19-20 and just clueless.

Best video game castle ever.

Also the Hyrule Field Song was amazing.

When I got the spinner the first thing that came to my mind was Link riding it all over hyrule field and I got excited, then I got that useless piece of shit, it was fun and the boss fight is great, but TP sure loves to blue ball me.

TP is nearly nothing like OOT.

Why does this post feel so soulless?

>Twilight Princess is the San Andreas map
No, that's still OoT. TP has a lot of almost completely pointless areas and it's annoying how you can't just go straight to the castle but instead have to follow the corridor path.

inb4 i'm a nintendo shill
you guys miss that part of the theme and point of the game is how small you are in the vast world, and that most of that world is hostile. call it a cop-out, but i liked that atmosphere

>Best video game castle ever.
WEW

I liked that too, completely captured the feeling 2D Zeldas give you when they throw you outside, it was the first time I felt so overwhelmed but at the same time I wanted to explore everything.

How do we rank TP - SS bros?

WW > TP > SS

>no redeads in BotW
>no boos in Odyssey
Is Nintendo retarded?

it's hyped up because the majority of gamers find it fun. don't you realize you're the odd one out?

we get it you're 19-21 years old

Woah no, that's Anor Londo.

*WW - SS*

OP here

Look, a lot of people are saying it's because I was a kid when I played OoT etc... and maybe some of them are right

OoT had that childlike glee, that adventure... you can tell the nintendo guys making it enjoyed themselves and loved making it because they loved games.

BotW is kind of like doing your taxes - yeah, it is useful and it feels good but I just don't have that sense of adventure. I think the devs probably felt the same, you can tell it doesn't have that... that love. That love gives the game soul. It's very by-the-numbers.

It seems like the head guy was like "uh make a big game and slap a zelda" and the devs just slaved away. You can tell they thought of this as a job rather than a hobby. Wanted to make money instead of fans.

it's just... fuck...

SEETHING

If you are mentally retarded, yes. Anor Londo is (basically like every Souls area) just some empty corridors with braindead, shitty enemies that are only kinda challenging because they can sometimes onehit you and hit through all the walls in that area.

>and maybe some of them are right
No, they are not, see . You are probably a brainlet when you amplify children and let them influence you this easily, though.

>he doesn't like anor londo

pleb, get out now.

Yes, I'm not from NeoGAF. You heard right.

Why do you keep posting these threads OP? At least try to hide your bait by not using a copy pasted thread