CIV 6

What the fuck happened?

Is it bad? I started with 5, and I really really really liked it.

No expansions yet

AI still sucks

It's neither MOBA nor arena shooter, so nobody cared.

writing good AI is hard

Well, yeah. It's a Civ tradition.

Unpolished and with little content. Civ 5 was apparently the same way until DLCs and patches, after which it became God tier. And it has this holy qt as Polan's leader.

>Civ VI
>anywhere near as bad as vanilla Civ V

Personally I lost all interest in the Civilization franchise after 5 was such a shitfest.

Greed

Played one game halfway through and then I decided I'd rather replay V (with all DLC) until they perfect VI. Still get a good challenge from playing Deity with random map and leader.

Oh and I prefer the more realistic look from V over cartoony VI (yes I know the cartoony style is classic civ).

Hopefully they'll announce an expansion next year. I have zero interest in buying civs as DLC.

The same thing that has happened to every Civ game since 3. It hasn't had it's expansions yet.

Its fine. Will be leaps and bounds better than V after 2 expansions.

>cartoony style is classic civ

Not really. 1, 2 and 3 were all realistic. Only 4 was cartoony, really.

I liked it.
It's a worse Endless Legend but for a Civ game at least they're trying to get on with the rest of the genre.

I got it recently with that 50% off Steam coupon.
It's not bad actually. As says, vanilla V was worse. The problem VI has is that expansions V is GOAT so why would you play "not bad" when you could play GOAT?
I have no reason to believe that VI + expansions won't be wonderful

The Civ IV pack with all of the expansions is cheaper and orders of magnitude better.

It's pretty good, but some factions are quite bad if I say so myself, but that's probably just because they don't fit my playstyle.

>Squares
>Unit stacking
Other than that it's alright, but those are some major issues that newer games have resolved.