I haven't been lurking the BattleFront threads, what the fuck just happened?

I haven't been lurking the BattleFront threads, what the fuck just happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

venturebeat.com/2017/11/16/star-wars-battlefront-ii-microtransactions-go-offline-until-ea-can-make-changes/
metacritic.com/feature/game-critic-scores-vs-user-reviews
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They made it pay to win.

Oh no.. why does this make me feel bad?

>not understanding the difference between paying to skip grind and paying for direct, exclusive advantages
Learn what your fucking buzzwords mean, ubishill

>letting you unlock characters with different skills with money
>not pay to win

You are not a smart man.

1) It's a less complex and less interesting game than the OG battlefront games on the ps2. The gameplay is objectively simpler and more basic than a game from over a decade ago.

2) it's less of a game and more of a platform to sell lootboxes. remember when video games were video games and not just glorified theme parks where you buy little gimicks and toys after already paying $60? ($60 is accurate, the actual game price is like $80).

3) the game costs the price of more than a full game and yet is built, from the ground up, with a progression system like that of a free-to-play phone game. it's pure cancer.

4) the game just isn't good. a lame linear story mode about some made up disney fanction, small battles with few vehicles, the at-ats are on rails, etc etc. game sucks

Star wars is a religion

>they're going to implement the microtransactions at a later date (likely after the refund period expires)

You should only feel bad if you bought this piece of shit.

Pay-to-win doesn't literally mean "put in a dollar and win the match". It refers to anything resembling "pay extra money to get an advantage that 99% of other players will not have".

Battlefront 2 is objectively pay-to-win because the entirety of the progression system is built around lootboxes which give you extra damage, extra powers, extra characters, extra tactics. The game exists to sell lootboxes and it's built into the structure of the game. It's not a third person shooter, it's a cheap phone game gambling app with a pretty star wars shooter attached onto it.

>later date
LEL

>unlockable characters aren't better than default ones
>you can earn them through gameplay regardless
>b-but i-it's pay to win!
No you fucking ubishill, it's pay to not grind. Learn the goddamn difference.

>literally the same argument
Shit man, I guess all battlefield games are pay to win because you can put money in to unlock earnable content, right? I guess literally any game with an XP booster is pay to win since you're getting to level cap faster, too? As someone who's experienced genuine situations of pay to win, which is explicitly "pay real money for something game-changing that you CAN'T earn by playing" this is not fucking pay to win, it's pay to skip grind, which anyone with a brain can understand is just a waste of money anyway.

You're low IQ and I won't bother much more with you. I'll leave you with this: that GRIND is injected into the game to cause you to buy the LOOTBOXES. Without the lootboxes the grind would never exist. The game itself is structured in a way (read: the tediousness of the grind was introduced for) selling lootboxes.

These lootboxes are not skins of autists. They're "do 10% more damage in the X starship" or "be invulnerable while in Boba Fett's jetpack", etc etc.

You're low IQ but that doesn't mean Battlefront 2 is not pay-2-win. To garner a clear and distinct advantage over the competition, you pay money into their gambling system. The game is built around this advantage.

You're stupidity doesn't change that it's pay-2-win. It also doesn't change that even if it wasn't pay-2-win, this is a shit game that is observable worse than the original PS2 games that came out over a decade ago. Enjoy your $60 free-to-play grind model of a game that will literally be a ghost town in 3 months just like EA's first Battlefront.

Imagine paying $60 to play Candy Crush or any other such phone game. That is you.

>dude just grind for 5000 hours and your characters will be as strong as mine were from the first minute I played because I spent $2000 on loot boxes.

Yeah, totally not pay to win!

>list what the upgrades do
>still ignore that you can literally just earn them
>still ignore that even dropping a million dollars into the game will eventually be matched by someone who doesn't buy anything, because it's all earnable
>implying that grind is artificial and there to sell boxes
Shit man, I guess every CoD game kept the guns and perks behind later levels so you'd buy crates, huh? It's all totally artificial, right? Any game with a grind ever is just there to bleed your wallet, and not because people actually enjoy progressing through a game. Project your own low IQ onto someone else, this is just fucking pathetic.

>5000 hours
Try like 20, at most. During those 20 hours, the dude who spent $2000 will also be grinding, because until he hits level 20 he can't max himself out no matter how much money he spends. Once again, there's a difference between paying to skip grind and paying to get better shit the rest of playerbase cannot get, please try to comprehend that while you suck off every other game studio that's been using pay-to-not-grind for years.

Basically EA asked the community on feedback for a microtransaction plan. The community went apeshit and started doing le epic reddit raids on their metacritic page, after which EA aborted the plans and made the following statement:

>"We will reintroduce small minor cosmetic microtransactions later during the life of the game in order to try and recuperate a small percentage of the investments we have made this far in the developement cycle. We hope that this is an acceptable compromise to our fans stays true to the vision which many of you had for the game."

Meanwhile, autists on Sup Forumseddit:

>"hueheuehue le happy merchant 0.02$ has been deposited in ur account fuck off jewxddd"

>(after the refund...)
No, it's after the new starwars movie leaves theaters. Being shitty is fine so long as it doesn't have the knock on effect of reducing the number of people seeing the movie.

>Try like 20
Yeah, you fucking wish, shillfag. Somebody actually did the math and you literally would need to play for over 4800 hours to unlock anything. It's not an exaggeration, it's the actual number of hours you'd need.

>0.01 usd has been deposited into your EA's™ ORIGIN's™ account. Thanks for your hard shill work. Greetings from EA™.

i know that everyone thinks it's a huge meme that they delayed the MTX, but it's pretty fucking huge because the vast majority of the money comes at the start. it's a big reddit meme to hate on them atm, but it's a massive victory

Just bought the game. Home I go to have fun.

>make the entire game's concept around selling you shitty microtransactions
>yeah we're totally not bringing them back after this quiets down in a week

>to unlock anything
No you stupid fuck, that was to unlock EVERYTHING. As in, every single card in the game at level 4. There's no fucking reason to ever do that, the most you need to be effectively maxed out is 3 cards for one of the 4 troopers, 3 cards for one of the 3 fighters, and 3 cards for one of each sides' heroes. It's a grand total of 15 fucking cards, compared to the 100+ cards in the game. It's a minuscule fraction of them, and therefore a minuscule fraction of 4800 hours.

>if you don't agree with my blatantly wrong statements then you must be a shill!!
Nice non-argument you got there, (You) tried

>t-there's no reason to unlock everything guise, you only need to buy s-some of the things
>in your 60 bucks video game

Yon couldn't be more right
>Earlier today, Electronic Arts chief executive officer Andrew Wilson had a phone call with The Walt Disney Company chief executive Bob Iger about Star Wars: Battlefront II, according to sources familiar with the situation. A few hours after that call, players are finding out that they can no longer make in-game purchases with real money.
>venturebeat.com/2017/11/16/star-wars-battlefront-ii-microtransactions-go-offline-until-ea-can-make-changes/
Reddit dindn't win. Disney did.

Reddit and their incessant whining.

>point out the reality that you only need 15 cards to be maxed in every game mode
>somehow take that as implying you shouldn't try for more if you want to
This is some low-effort shitposting you're bringing today

>15 fucking cards, compared to the 100+ cards in the game. It's a minuscule fraction of them
a 15% is not a minuscule fraction, you fucking retard.

I don't care about this game but I doubt even 1/10 of those people actually bought it, it's just redditors bitching and review bombing the game on metacritic.

Here it is again, defending fucking loot boxes just because reddit finally woke up

Lootboxes are fine when they are filled with gay pride t shirts and big floppy dildos to flap at the other fags who buy them. Selling in game power itself is 200% bullshit though and you can argue that a person can grind to got all that eventually all you want but it wont change the fact that youll be grinding against people that have purchased the shit and be at a noted disadvantage.

If you want a progress system it needs to be simply sidegrades or cosmetic and that applies to shit that isnt even lootboxes.

But it's true, reddit is just reviewbombing the game. I don't like EA, Star Wars, or Lootcrate shit but I give zero fucks about what reddit does.

star wars games are boring and gimmicky anyway.

>progression systems can't affect gameplay
go the fuck back

>thinking Sup Forums isn't a part of that too

why not just buy it on Origin?

Is it really only 2 cents you guys get per post?

You think so?

Seems the CoD kiddies have finally grown up to become bitter, cynical adults. Good for them.

Because that's what they want rather than you thinking on how much you actually do hate their business practices
Deflect, control the flow of stories, state the party line then bring in whatever people hated after the original outrage has died down

What's more important is, why are the game reviewer giving it a 74 score?
Does it fucking deserves it.

It's faggots giving attention to a shitty game and paying $60 for it.

>implying
Even goddamn CoD kiddies can understand and appreciate unlocking more powerful upgrades to their shit through playing the game, this is an entirely new level of fucking retarded

Most reviewers got a version of the game with lots of free credits, like how they always do, and this time even the cost for lootboxes and whatnot were a lot lower than in the final game while the free credit gains were higher as well, so it wasn't as bad to them.

Just buy the damn game you communists.

>people on Sup Forums unironically defend EA and p2w

guys we've got a real problem, we need a fucking purge

The gameplay is ok at the very best, and until yesterday there was a F2P microtransaction system in a $60 game. It deserves worse

>paying to skip grind
that's also pay to win you fucking retard

Such clever marketing schemes. So many people fall for it.

>Mark Hamill flipping someone off
what time did that happen? I want to know why.

if anyone wants any proof that the review sites are all literally just outsourced marketing firms just refer them to that metascore.

>implying pay to win and pay to skip grind is the same
I guess league is pay to win since you can get all the characters faster by spending real money, then?

Yes? Are you fucking retarded user? Where the fuck have you been living these past decades?

Pay to win means PAYING. MONEY. FOR. ANY. KIND. OF. ADVANTAGE. TOWARD. VICTORY

Runes, hero poor etc. all count.
>Being this much of a dense motherfucker
I mean really just how many generations of inbreeding are you on faggot?

Ah okay, your retardation is just completely fucking unsalvageable, good talk I guess

>Oh shit I got told better call him names
Nice work you inbred fuckwit, now get the fuck out of here and take the tattered remains of your dignity with you. Pathetic.

Next time make sure you actually know your definitions before trying to lecture people you dumb fuck.

>n-n-no u

lol

>Sorry we didn't get this right
>Sorry we didn't disguise this better and even normalfags caught on to our bullshit.

>my wide stupid definition of pay to win is so fucking retarded it isn't worth a response, therefore I win
No you dumb fucking shitheel, it means there's literally nothing I can say to help you because you think something like fucking league is an example of pay to win, which means you're beyond being convinced by any actual logic or facts

I know its ridiculous.

This graph shows what is happening.

Heroes are designed to be stronger than normal units so your analogy falls flat. If what you started with in LoL were designed to be shittier than the heroes you had the option to pay for, it would hold.

>implying the locked heroes are stronger than the unlocked ones
The best heroes right now are the ones you get by default, so your analogy also falls flat

metacritic.com/feature/game-critic-scores-vs-user-reviews

>The correct definition means I'm wrong and an idiot therefor that definition must be right, I can't actually refute it or argue against it so I'll just whine and insist it's wrong like I'm fucking twelve

user, Pay to Win is not some strange and uncommon concept, it's been around for decades and has always meant the same thing; paying for an advantage toward victory.

It's simple like that, so stupid idiots like you don't get it wrong, though there's always special people like yourself who still manage it somehow.

I mean your post is just the most asinine garbage you can imagine
>Someone gives you a definition
>Explains how the definition applies
>You fail to argue in any capacity
>Just childishly whine to the tune of "muh favorite game ceant be puy tu wean"

I tried to present an actual argument, and instead of being returned an actual rebuttal I just got the wrong definition shoved in my face again. Pay to Win does not fucking include grind skips, it never has, and you yelling your opinion at me won't magically make it true. But here, have an actual argument one more time:

An example of real pay to win would be a game like Mechwarrior Online a few years back, where the best 'mechs in the game were unavailable unless you spent real money to get them. The Timber Wolf was objectively the best thing you could pilot, and there was absolutely nothing you could do in game to earn one, not until it became available for ingame currency, and that took months. This is an example of pay to win because you are buying a direct advantage that non-paying players cannot acquire.

Conversely, a system like league is NOT pay to win, because all characters are available to everyone to earn, regardless of if you pay or not. You can pay to get them faster, but in the end you will still have no advantage over anyone who's earned them without paying real money. It is not an example of pay to win because there's nothing you can get that a free player cannot, no direct advantage you can purchase that will guarantee you an edge over non-paying players.

I really don't know how to spell it out for you any more simply than this. Should I put it on flash cards, maybe? Make it into a fucking picture book?

Having progression tied to lootboxes is retarded anyway you try to put it.

>Best mechs were unavailable
Is that true? I played MWO around 2015-2016. Only mechs you couldn't get were certain hero variants and they wren't better than any of the ones you could buy with Cbills.

>I guess literally any game with an XP booster is pay to win since you're getting to level cap faster, too?
Yes, you fucking moron, if it is in online multiplayer then that is literally pay to win, that is what it means.

actual data showing discrepancy in terms of 0-100 difference in scores

Hopefully this drops in price BIGTIME on Black Friday. You know what to do, EA.

>still willing to give those assholes any money at all
Just how big of a tool are you?

>I tried to present an argument
Lying to cover your ass now? Pathetic, or did you actually think that drivel somehow constituted an argument?
>I just got the wrong definition shoved in my face
Except that's the actual definition.
>Does not include grind skips
So what is that called then buddy, and what is pay-to-win limited to? Just guaranteed victory? What games even have those?
>Mechwarrior Online
Yup, definitely pay to win, but simply pointing at the most extreme variety and claiming it's the only one just makes you strikingly naive, the existence of extremes does not discount everything else in between.

The fact is that the term Pay to Win is something that bubbled mainly around those retarded F2P mmo bullshit tick games, once people figured out that charging kids for boosts that gets them an advantage. The fact that such an advantage is not insurmountable, or that it's not impossible to catch up, doesn't mean it's not an advantage that you paid for, which is what the term pay to win relates to.

League is pay to win, quite clearly so, there is simply no refuting this unless you want to pull some special term for "pay to skip" out of your ass and pretend it's legitimate, the fact that league is one of the best types of pay to win doesn't change the inherent nature of it.

All this desperate, semantic arguing and you just completely fucking fail to make a solid argument that isn't swept off the table, what a disgrace, think things through before you waste more time.

>mid of November
>a fucking christmas tree

>No disc included
So they just manufactured thousands of plastic boxes with download codes in them? What a waste.

lol.

it literally says 52:09 in the screenshot
slapnuts

That's the length of the video you autistic retard.

>we were wrong
>so we'll just wait a bit until the shitstorm calms and do it again

>feel bad
Because your a fucking shill and there gonna add it back later anyways

This happened before then, and since then they've tried to make sure they never repeat their mistake with the Timber Wolf, although it did happen again to a lesser extent with the Kodiak, and also arguably the Mad Cat MKII.

>be wrong
>state opinion as objective fact without any evidence other than "I say so"
You're not getting another (You) unless you put some fucking effort in.

>Lying to cover your ass now?
Of course you'd see it as lying, because any argument contrary to your beliefs isn't an argument at all in your eyes. because you're fucking retarded.
>Except that's the actual definition.
And yet you've still provided no evidence other than "because I say so". Am I giving the same person two (You)s here, or are you both mentally defective in the exact same way?
>So what is that called then buddy, and what is pay-to-win limited to?
I literally just spelled it out for you, it's right there in the post you replied to. Paying for something advantageous a non-paying player CANNOT get is pay to win, while paying for something advantageous that a non-paying player CAN get is pay to not grind. The difference, as I've literally already stated in the post you replied to, is that while players who pay to not grind cannot inherently outperform players who grind for their upgrades, players who pay to win CAN and WILL outperform players who grind for their upgrades, because the players who grind will never have the same stuff as the players who paid.
>"pay to skip" is an asspull
No, it's a term that's been around for fucking years, and it exists because it's an important distinction. It exists because "pay to not grind" games have the potential to be tolerable, while actual "pay to win" games are irredeemable garbage 100% of the time.
>you just completely fucking fail to make a solid argument that isn't swept off the table
Any argument is easy to sweep off the table if you completely ignore it, good job wasting your time to prove that.