youtube.com/watch?v=K2KcpAz7bRM
youtube.com/watch?v=T5knreOB_D8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thank you. I'm glad.

whoa

still the best FF.

of course, it's the best ff

Well done OP, I agree with you.

I'm still amazed by that third disc. Amazing from the first second to the last second. Honestly the best FF disc in the PSX era.

Should I just play the ps1 version on a psp or get it on the ps4?

Ozma with Freya and cheats is fucking cheap.
Put on perma-trance and 9999, then have her jump. She'll stay up in the air the entire time, unable to get hit, and then just wait for her damage to whittle it down between heals. Equip auto-haste to speed things up a bit.

I just played the ps4 version. The new models and higher resolution CG cutscenes are a nice addition

Heiya, I finished this game too.
It's one of only 6 FFs I managed to finish.

Played and finished it for the first time last december despite having bought and owned the game since 2001.
Truly one of the most well made games that feel complete and whole, to the point that you can't think of anything that was missing or could have been done to make it even better.
Not many games manage to achieve that, OoT comes to my mind.
Also one of the sweetest endings of all time, if not THE sweetest.

I think the game ended more on a bittersweet tone. cuz of vivi dying and all

Trance Kuja theme sounds like a riff straight from Black Sabbath or something.
Not that I'm complaining, it's a great song.

youtube.com/watch?v=K2KcpAz7bRM

>and whole, to the point that you can't think of anything that was missing or could have been done to make it even better.
I love the game user, it's one of my favorites but really? The last two discs don't feel extremely lacking compared to the first two to you?

Wow, so the game is easy if you use cheats? How unexpected. Tell me more user.

Man, FF is weird. Any other series theres no way "only" 6 FF would not be a significant feat.

That's the point though, user. Everyone, including Vivi, knew that he didn't have a lot of time left. It's the fact that he was able to have children, and that his family would carry on after he died that was so sweet. He wasn't just a doll or a golem or a weapon of war. He was a person, and he was alive.

>The last two discs don't feel extremely lacking compared to the first two to you?
You mean content wise? If you look at the bigger picture that's how the natural flow of the story and plot was heading. Things took up in pace and deteriorated pretty fast. You stumbling around and chilling for another 50 hours would have broken the flow of the ever closer approaching imminent danger, but that's just my own opinion of course.

>tfw you still get chills during the defense of Alexandria

youtube.com/watch?v=T5knreOB_D8

Am I wrong in believing that a person who's played all the NES and SNES era games is going to get more out of this game?

user I get that you're trying to keep the thread alive, but you need to post better bait than this

>Terrible cast
>Forgettable characters and hideous designs, many of them blatant furbait
>Slow combat even slower than the SNES FFs
>Less customisation than previous FFs
>Claims to be a throwback to older FFs when it isn't at all and doesn't resemble them in any way and the older FFs did what people claim this game does far better

>reload save just to get everyone in cleyra to safety
>cheevo unlocked "out of harm's way"
>they literally get nuked by odin afterwards
FUCK YOU

>use cheats
>wooooooow how is the game this easy

Lmao

Loved the game back then, replayed this year and there's one thing that bugs me. I hate to be that fat nerdy guy at the conventions, but someone could explain me the giant plothole that is finding HIlda (Cid's Wife, kidnapped by Kuja before the start of the game together with the omonimous flying ship) in a room, under a cave in a sealed volcano, opened only by a stone that Kuja couldn't possibly have before the events of the game (because it was at Oeilvert, a place where magic is forbidden and where Kuja himself sends Zidane to grab the key, for that reason). And she says that Kuja visited her blabbering about his plans too.

(Aforementioned volcano is completely irrelevant to the main story too)

I mean, I understand that the last half of the game was probably rushed, with the whole "we was alienz n shit", but seriously, they could have just put Hilda in Kuja's palace (which is immediately before Gurug Volcano) and solve the problem this way. (Also, the room where you find her is aestetically closer to Kuja's palace than Gurug caves, so they could have just move the whole chamber there).

The game should have shipped on five discs. There was just way too much shit they were trying to cram in four

I feel like it's implied that not everyone was killed there, since characters like Puck made it out alive.

Only puck, Quina and that lady that gives you the Cleyra city tour get out alive

Some of the cleryans survive
You see thrm in daguerro

Final Fantasy IX-2

Two years after the ending of Final Fantasy IX.
The happy ending was not to last. Zidane has not accepted by many of the subjects in Alexandria as rumours circulated that he was the brother of Kuja, whose wrath had brought such death and destruction to their world. Not to mention the fact that he frankly lacked the intelligence to rule a country, being more apt with 'street smarts.' It all caused a massive strain on his relationship with Queen Garnet, who also had become tired of his incredibly high libido. Her ass simply could not take it anymore, which led to arguments.
Freya was also having a hard time. Fratley never did remember her, causing her pain every day. Eventually, she thought it best for both of them if she simply moved on.
Meeting in a pub for drinks and reminiscing, this is the suprisingly bad news an increasingly drunken duo had to share. Zidane looks into the bottom of his last pint, and sighs. He really thought everything would work out for them both, but now...
Suddenly, he feels a hand on his leg, and looks up into the blushing, yet keen face of Freya.

>New Game

Would you play it, Sup Forums?

All the ps1 games had multiple disc because of cutscenes not gameplay user

Why do you keep making this thread? ff9 wasnt even that good.

Yeah but none of the ones you take up to the church. They all get owned.

It's possible that he'd been moving her from place to place with his entourage. FF9's story isn't structured with a set in stone time frame between story beats, so the game might have assumed it was quite a while before the party caught up to him again.

No, I'm not a ratfucker.

best of its era desu

Also, Vivi's sons didn't make much sense. I mean yes, there could have been new, unhatched eggs found in the sea, but it's explicitly said that he, like the waltzers, was a one-of-a-kind prototype.

I literally just finished it. It recently released on ps4, maybe that's why threads keep popping up

no shit it's the best one

It's possible that Fratley led a bunch of them to safety. the game was really vague about it. Anything involving the burmecians was probably intended but cut for time.

Fratley should have been there to kick Beatrix' ass.

Does it have the "Cheat" buttons on the analog sticks like VII on the PS4?

I hate that shit.

You open a menu for the cheats

I hate accidentally activating shit when I pause the game.

that was a very self-centered "only" in my post.
I was just thinking to myself before posting, "how many games have I tried, again? How many have I actually finished?"
I played 13 of this series' games. And I even used to call it my favorite vidya series as a teen. That's why 6 felt like not much to me.

It's the most overrated, poorly paced, and boring FF game.

You would have to be the ultimate contrarian to like it. No wonder it's so popular on Sup Forums.

Not all of the burmecians fled to cleyra after their kingdom was destroyed. Like that one couple that fled to Lindblum tells you that a lot of them are roaming the land

So its impossible to accidently hit them?

I might have to pick it up then.

Hated the VII port for that and I always liked the original sprites in VII. The Eidos PC ones don't fit in the backgrounds right and lack any grit.

>It's the most overrated
I think you mean VII

read It was basically a tribute to the 2D era of Final Fantasy. They put in a lot of references. Especially to FF1.

Yeah. But the ones that are still alive before beatrix showed up, probably fled with Fratley and Puck.

One of the biggest shames of ff9 is that you never get to see most of them. Some late game focus on the rats would have really tied up the whole thing instead of just dropping them entirely.

That's all superficial. The game should stand on it's own, not just as a "love letter to the series"

> overrated
> only a contrarian would like it
Smooth talking user

user you realize that you share Sup Forums with people who didn't start with the PS1 or PS2 era Final Fantasies, right? FF9 was their sendoff, and for a lot of them it's where they bowed out of playing Final Fantasy games altogether.

This is by FAR the most overrated FF game. People keep posting that it's the pinnacle of the series but it was an unfocused mess at the very best.

That would be 7

Big mood. The game has a fantastic atmosphere and some really unique locations. Not only one of the best FF games, but one of the best "medieval" fantasy games imo.

For all it's flaws, vii was a lot more complete than ix.

>so happy i saved all those people and kids
>they all give me gifts in thanks
>brahne shows up

It reallt wasn't. The last disc is rushed as fuck and just forgots 90% of the cast exists.

The real reason Cleyra was nuked was so they wouldn't have to fit it in the rest of the discs.

This. It's literally ranked highly by contrarians. 9 is the lowest selling mainline FF that released after 7, every other mainline FF released after 7 sold more than 9.

The last disc is the final mission in all three ps1 games. The third disc in ff9 is rushed as fuck and just forgots 90% of the cast exists.

>muh sales numbers
opinion discarded

I was explaining how it's liked by contrarians by pointing out it having the lowest sales of any mainline FF since 7, thus less people have played 9 than any other FF since 7

I love how the ending is themed after a play. It all does wonders to reinforce the storybook aesthetics of the whole game.

Are you retarded?

9 will always hold a special place in my heart after getting the Excalibur 2, however for me it's behind 7, 8, 10 and 6 in terms of overall quality.

Never got the thing if how Ozma was so hard? Beat it comfortably every run through.