GOTY 2017

How would Sup Forums react if Horizon wins?

>openworld trash winning against PUBG

>early access dumpster fires winning against anything

PUBG is the worse game on that list, it's not a even a good game, yet it's going to win, because it's popular, and because of people hating on console games.

You have to be a completed game to compete

think again sweetie

>caring about The Game Awards

I'm literally okay with anything winning except Horizon, PUBG doesn't really deserve to win on merit but I'm okay with it winning because of it being THE THING of 2017

Horizon is not as good as the other 3 games and not as important as PUBG

Why isn't Skyrim Switch on there!?!?

Even though I really do not care for Horizon. At the very least Horizon is a finished game that actually had a lot of work put into it. Unlike the early access nominee.

cant wait to see all te GRfags tears

I played a couple of minutes of Horizon when I was in a game store once. The controls felt extremely bad; stiff with no momentum at all. Was my first impression wrong or are the controls bad?

>much anticipated vaulting

Nigga, people are excited about jumping holy shit how did this make it so far

The controls are smooth. She moves exactly like you want.

>make complex movement mechanics
>why are people excited for this

>PC platform so fucked they have to put a literal early access game on there
It's a fucking sad world.

and Breath of the Wild should win.

Not "exactly" but they are not particularly bad controls.

Jumping has always been in the game. Jumping over objects however is janky as fuck.
It is not complex. Uncharted series traversal is complex. That is not.

I would be fine with it
I have not heard a single argument why horizon should have less of a chance of winning it compared to the others.

Well, my biggest problem was the lack of momentum. Jumping forward was like going to 0-100 without anything inbetween, making it feel pretty bad to me. It's been a while so I can't fully recollect exactly what my feelings were, but the jumping really stuck out to me.

I think that Odyssey should win over BotW. BotW is really good but Odyssey is the most well made game I've played. And not only is it so tight you couldn't squeeze a pinkie into it, it's really fun too.

Who cares, there are so many places that give out GOTY awards that they'll all win

How would you react if PUBG, the most popular game in the world, lost to bing bing wahoo?

>Breath of the Wild should win.
Absolutely not. It was a steaming pile of shit that looked like it belonged on the PS2. I quit right after the first beast or whatever you're supposed to activate. BORING.

Because of the two open world games on the list Horizon is vastly inferior.

Persona 5 for GOTY
Sup Forums always said that since the game released

>mfw

I'd love it. Chinks btfo.

Persona 5 released last year.

>le go sleep game
>GOTY
wasted trips

I really hope it does just for the shitposting.

Feel slight disappointment before it's whisked away by the knowledge that this award ceremony is arguably the worst one.

I'm enjoying HZD, but it's not really GOTY material. It's a really polished, really confident new IP entry, but outside of fighting robots and a really smooth end user experience like controls and UI, it doesn't offer anything else and plays it super safe.

>Well, my biggest problem was the lack of momentum.
That kind of shit is exactly to give you full control, to make Aloy succeed regardless of control mishaps. Stuff like the game trying to read vague directions when climbing, instead of getting confused. It makes it really forgiving, but if that feels condescending and annoying to you, then yeah, it'll feel bad.

Personally, I think it goes a little too far with it, but I still prefer that than the game not adjusting at all.

This

I feel like cuphead deserved a nomination even though I know it's a little more niche than the other nominees, then again these awards shouldn't really be a popularity contest but that's basically what they are.

Ummmm Elex is the GOTY sweety

What was last years GOTY?
That's right, you don't remember because no one cares

anyone who knows anything about gamedev would vote for Horizon

breath of the wild

>implying "GoTY" has any meaning anymore
>caring about any awards for any game

Word of mouth is the only thing in vidya that I can trust, that and just judging for myself.

this desu.
They are the only ones who did everything they could.

no one will react because nobody cares

It was Overwatch, BotW was only nominated this year

oh, so after the GOTY voting is closed? K dq'd

I'm playing through it for the first time right now and I can't believe the amount of love that went into making the environments of this game. I have a background in 3DCG and level of effort that was needed to make the game's world is just unbelievable. I loved Persona 5 but I would honestly vote Horizon

The same as when PUBG wins, except replace "early access" in shitposts with "Sony".

this

Mario will win this time.

What criteria do they even use for these award nominations? Odyssey came out like a month ago and it still qualifies for this year's awards? I thought it would be considered for 2018.

>no ELEX
lol what fucking shill made this list

mostly confused

So this is the state of the Western video game industry

Controls pretty well for a Western game I must admit.