Sup Forums in 2007

>Sup Forums in 2007
>DLCs are bad and will get worse, it has to stop
>reddit in 2007
>OMG I LOVE DLCS THANK YOU BETHESDA
>Sup Forums in 2017
>LOOTBOXES ARE GREAT FUCK YOU POORFAGS HAHAHAA
>reddit in 2017
>got EA to remove microtransactions and created gambling awareness to every other games with lootboxes

how the fuck did this happen? even if its temporary, it's still a fucking miraacle

what happened to Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_popular_websites
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The only people saying lootboxes are good are trying to bait people

Sup Forums is obsessed with reddit just like you are.

Those of who never go there are "reddit" if we don't conform to the reddit contrarianism or somebodies opinion in general.

Sup Forums has become Europe and Reddit is America.

This

Simple, it's retarded niggers giving attention to a game that's worse than the PS2 games of the same name. Mods need to delete or send threads about this crap into the trash, I'm beyond sick of it.

what if you just don't care what retards spend their money on?

FPBP

Yeah.... for the sake of your sanity keep telling yourself that.

>Sup Forums in 2017
>LOOTBOXES ARE GREAT FUCK YOU POORFAGS HAHAHAA
it's the exact opposite, people here are demanding the government step in and start regulating video games with an iron fist because now they suddenly care about the children

People falseflag and b8 you know.

Because it ruins the gameplay for people who aren't retarded and don't spend

I don't care if retards roll bills and put them up to their asses but I do care that because of those morons we are getting screwed day after day, the ignore thig doesn't apply to this situation.

Then you didn't say lootboxes are good, did you?

play a good game instead

just make any game with lootboxes or similar system R18, literally anyone who has problem with that is underage or just total faggot

Did you see the Overwatch threads? It's full of blizzdrones unironically defending them.

Anoniminity can be both good and bad. It makes people have to hear out arguments without seeing a face or a handle. But it makes it really easy to shill. I have no doubt in my mind there are shills here. But there's also no real way to punish people who are annoying or stupid on an image board. The overwhelming majority are faggots who think it's HILARIOUS to act like a goddamn retard. At this point it's easier to have a conversation on r/Videogames than here. Sup Forums is in a sorry state of affairs. Look at Sup Forums, absolute garbage. Sup Forums will be the same. Fucking resistors are making positive changes while Sup Forums circle jerks microtransactions.

>hi, I'm gullible enough to eat up blatant bait and falseflagging! please fuck my face!

Sup Forums can't rally behind anything because it's filled with a bunch of edgy "we're not your personal army!" people.

I didn't say they were bad either.

The "bait" and "(You)" memes ruined Sup Forums, now you have more children shitposting than people goodposting.

Lootboxes are fine in certain games and only when they contain products that do not affect gameplay.

If you really want lootboxes to go away and games to be great again, raise the price tag to $80. That $60 you pay isn't going to the devs, rather the publishers. Or just buy games from trusted companies. Blizzard, Atlus, Microsoft, etc. Stay away from Vivendi, EA, etc.

Then you are apathetic, so you are not a person saying lootboxes are good.

You know some years back I didn't have this issue, but nowadays, in this age of irony and new buzzwords can't seem to be able to distinguish between false flags and real posts. Just can't keep up with new generations of newfags I guess.

I get the hate towards paywalls and what EA tried to pull, but what's wrong with lootboxes if they're only for cosmetics and stuff that doesn't have an impact in game performance/experience?

And that's why this place is irrelevant and Sup Forums gets all the action. This place is full of unfunny contrarian circle jerking. You can't discuss games, because some faggot is going to "Ha ha, I'm going to pretend to be retarded" for half of the posts of your thread. Then every other mouth breather is going to join in.whats the last good thread you read in Sup Forums?

fuck off blizzdrone, nickle and diming is never fine and not a "necessary evil" either

People on here hate that they have to agree with Reddit on something, even though they're right.

>Sup Forums in 2007
>”Fuck off, nobody cares. Only casuals buy EA games”
>Sup Forums in 2017
>”OMG DAE EA SUX AMIRITE GUYS?”

what happened to Sup Forums?

Don't buy games with lootboxes in it. It's that fucking easy.

They do affect the game by making lootboxes the main incentive to play instead of good and lasting gameplay, it's a crutch that makes bad games profitable, just look at the mobile market.

lootboxes are a virus that will infect as many "good games" as possible unless met with significant resistance

because when millions of retards spend their money it heavily influences the game industry and the quality of future games

Unfortunately the whales outweigh you voting with your wallet and if this becomes the norm, most games will have lootboxes in them from now on

>cosmetics impact the gameplay
You kids are retarded.

I also have better things to do and know I'm just not going to buy games with lootboxes.

Good on reddit, though. Faggots.

You're a fucking idiot.

Lootboxes affect the game, it's not hard to understand and you apparently didn't even read the post you quoted.
Read again but more carefully this time.

Sup Forums went down the shitter years ago, about 3 or 4 years before moot left Sup Forums.

You guys remember moot right?

How is blizzard nickel and diming overwatch boxes?
Sounds like you don't play overwatch.

how are them the main incentive to play the game? I've played overwatch for more than a year and I've never bought a single lootbox nor has the game ever insisted me on buying one. I get that people might not like the game but hating on it just for the sake of it and then using lootboxes as an excuse is just lame

Are you fixing retarded? That's what we're doing you idiot. That's what Reddit just did. And you know what they accomplished? The game doesn't have the paid loot box game progression shit anymore. If we followed your dumbass advice they would still be there.

reddit

if said retards ruin the hobby then yes i do care

they're definitely a hook to keep people playing, even if you might not take it
this in turn allows them to make the game shallower since player skill growth can be substituted for skinner box mechanics, which also allows casuals to have their day in the sun since the skill roof is lowered

So the game would be better without lootboxes?
>Reddit thinks they did something again
Twitter is more influential than Reddit ever was. No one in a real position takes Reddit seriously.

except the mobile market is filled with p2w, it's not just cosmetics that sell there, how is it a good argument

whats stopping shills on reddit? it doesnt cost anything to make an account. thing 2: why do you people always think shills would even bother with Sup Forums. we arent even one of the top 100 sites en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_popular_websites it doesnt make sense why they would waste time here instead of reddit and facebook or whatever.

>And you know what they accomplished.
Nothing.
Actually worse than nothing.

EA said the loot crate removal was temporary. Which means they’re baiting people into buying the game now, then bringing the mtx back in after everyone has already purchased and can’t refund the game.

You literally can’t win.

>implying its only EA games
>implying other companies wont adopt this like DLC and Microtransactions

>getting a box every level negatively impacts player skill growth
Your going to have to back that statement up with some explanation, buddy, because that is a pretty big stretch.

If anything, lootboxes increases the lifespan of the game by giving incentive to play that otherwise wouldn't exist, thus prolonging an active matchmaking.

But this lootbox hysteria will blind everyone to little tidbits like this.

Except reddit was taken seriously, it just happened in front of everyones eyes. You can still deny it if you want, but it happened and nothing you say can change that.

Sup Forums's good thread for November, 2017 was a long running but low key thread about the potential PC release of FF12. Discussion was reasonable and interesting, shitposting was minimal, and one guy told amusing tales about the time he made an autistic powerpoint about final fantasy and showed it to his class in highschool. Sorry if guys missed it, be on the lookout for December's good thread in a few weeks.

>Sup Forums has become Europe and Reddit is America.

>making up shit

Sup Forums has fallen for the "muh irony" meme and are now worse than youtube comments.

You didn't even address the fact that events are entirely based on lootboxes, it doesn't matter if some people don't buy boxes as long as they keep playing for the free ones since whales more than make up for the non-payers.
This is not up for debate, lootboxes are all the way designed as a hook to keep you playing.

>but how is it related to the game being bad
The game is bad because it's designed for mass appeal and to sell as many lootboxes as possible, updates are not based on making the gameplay last longer for experienced players but to keep people hooked on the cosmetic progression system.

Play a good game without DLC.

Go on. Find me a single AAA game this year that has no semblance of additional downloadable content for a price, and i'll give you 5 that do.

BOTW is the first Zelda to ever have a season pass.

Who took Reddit seriously? Seems to me EA just sent someone to answer softball questions to get them to stfu.
Companies care more about Twitter than they ever will about Reddit. Everyone knows Reddit is full of the niche fans who can't be pleased.

Yes in America we have the freedom to police our own prkvate communities and remove those we don't want from said private property. Unlike europe where you get arrested for telling teenagers to get off your lawn.

>now they suddenly care about the children
The children are just an excuse to kill these shitty practices and stop them from ruining vidya.

Sup Forums has became a literal parody of itself. Between shitty, stupid short sighted obsession with "baiting" and trolling, genuine fucking hipsterism, insane self-victimization, desperate latching to political activision, and general insecurity of Titanic proportions, this place is a without a doubt an absolute joke. Everything around here is driven purely and excusively by mixture of insecurity, bitterness and weird contrariness. You can't expect anything that would even resemble common sense.
It's a shame, because it really did not used to be like this. There was always plenty of things wrong with this board, but it was nowhere near as bad as it is right now. The last half-decent place to discuss videogames has been dead for some five years now, and I don't think there is any going back.

>put a financial strain on (someone) by charging small amounts for many minor services.
How is it not nickle and diming?

>b-but you don't have to buy them
You don't have to buy any kind of microtransaction, that doesn't mean the game isn't designed to sell you microtransactions.

>the game has lootboxes so the only incentive must be to play for lootboxes
Mental gymnastics to justify your lootbox hysteria. You have fallen hard to the internet movement.

>4th most visited site in America
>8th most visited site on Earth
>Niche

It came out last month.

>blizzdrones

even in 2007 blizzdrones were cancerous

being apathetic to retards having the freedom to spend money on what they want, a company self sabotaging, and a bad game being further ruined is the only logical standpoint.

There are many successful free mobile games that only have cosmetic drops, the contents of the boxes are utterly irrelevant to the random drop feedback loop.

I'm not saying lootboxes do anything by themselves, they instead can fill a hole where player skill growth used to be. And player skill growth is a negative thing, economically, because it means bad players can't compete with good players and thus don't like playing as much.

Wait, who has to buy lootboxes? Completely optional and do absolutely nothing to gameplay.

In fact, the lootbox system allows maps and heroes to be released for free, which greatly helps in keeping a consolidated community to increase game longevity.

Just admit that you have fallen for hysteria.

okay now can you name a GOOD game?

>DLC is automatically bad
I guess no additional content can ever be made for a game and released, even if it's free.

based TEW2

There were a few visual novel threads (which are arguably even offtopic) that were good

>self-victimization
How so?

Used for advertisement above all else. Everyone knows Reddit is retarded when it comes to consensus, and easily manipulated.

Fuck you can even pay the mods to keep something off the front page. Reddit is just a massive advertisement platform.

How about increasing the lifespan of the game with deep gameplay instead like all multiplayer games did before microtransactions?
They won't do that because it's less profitable even if the game would be better for the player, that's the definition of anti-consumer.

That seems to be a popular sentiment here on Sup Forums. I know you are an EA shill but at least pretend you've been here before.

2007 was 10 years ago

Most of those people probably don't even play Vidya anymore

Sure kiddo, whatever you need to say to feel like you won.

>This is not up for debate
Oh hey you might close every internet forum as well
>lootboxes are all the way designed as a hook to keep you playing?
So what. If it's an online game with no pve what's fucking wrong with keeping the game fresh

>it's designed for mass appeal
Literally >this game does not appeal to muh superior taste and intellect and thus plebs should not enjoy what I dislike

That shit is like saying that mario 64 is bad because it appealed to families and kids (mass appeal)

Shadow of War, ACO, ME: Andromeda, Battlefront 2, Destiny 2.

Cmon.

Even if you find more, you are outnumbered.

>name a 2017 AAA game w/o DLC
>no not that one

>Now I'm called an EA shill
So first I was called Sup Forums, then I was called gaf, and then reddit. Now I'm an EA shill. Can you newfags make up your fucking mind?

Some DLC is bad, some is good, just like some lootboxes are bad, and some are good. Making generalized blanket statements is something a poorly informed person would do.

You didn't address a single point and just threw out a pointless unfalsifiable statement, despite the very fact that OW is in fact a shallow game with little replay value that relies on lootboxes and cosmetic events to keep people playing, cosmetic events also include seasons with the mandatory "play 10 games per season or you will lose these cosmetic rewards forever" scheme to hook players.

I agree that it can happen, but your using possibly the only good implementation of lootboxes as a reason for them being a negative impact for the game.

Just face it: the system overwatch uses isn't the cancerous system everyone is bitching about. In fact, overwatch uses lootboxes to add replayability that otherwise wouldn't exist.
Sure it is shallow, but you know damn well blizzard wouldn't do anything that requires effort to keep overwatch alive.

So again, what is so bad about these lootboxes if it increases the matchmaking life of a game?

Can you fucking read, autistic fuck?
> dditional downloadable content for a price
> for a price

Wait to completely ignore everything and avoid that has been said to you, it's obvious you aren't here to discuss but instead you're just here to blindly defend your favorite skinner box.

I can read just fine, I addressed "for a price" with the first half of my statement. Maybe you should pay attention in school instead of shitposting on your phone calling others autistic fucks you stupid child.

>reddit spacing
Good game still exist nonetheless.

Sup Forums is just a bunch of contrarian who don't even play video games anymore. Nobody here has actual thoughts or opinions, they just wait for what most people say and then say the opposite.

>buy book
>it's great, you enjoy it
>"hey guys it's me, the author of the book you enjoyed. I'm releasing a new short book that's a side story to expand the main book's universe"
>"REEEEE YOU FUCKING JEW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO PAY FOR IT? I ALREADY BOUGHT THE ORIGINAL BOOK"

You obviously don't understand how mass appeal works, by making the game shallow and kid-friendly it attracts people who aren't particularly interested in games, which are much more numerous and easier to hook with skinner box tactics.
Exactly like mobileshit games work, they are completely worthless from a gameplay standpoint but they keep players in with shiny loot and a cute and attractive shell.

This

I'm on my PC faggot. And unlike you I finished my education long ago.

You didn't adress shit, I said name me that has DLCs without a price tag.

> b-b-but you didn't say it in the first sentence!!

If you wanna play the "i'm an intentionally dense fuckhead" card, do it somewhere else.

Spend all the money you want. I'm just not gonna play a game where some schmuck can pay to get 100 lootboxes just so he can get the +40% to aim assist card and destroy every match.

nice try but nah

>Sup Forums is one person
Good thread OP

Since when has Sup Forums ever been relevant?