How long until the PS5? Odds on Sony announcing it next year?

How long until the PS5? Odds on Sony announcing it next year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xddDKtsDw6k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

who keeps making those retarded console design concepts

Indians

you want a ps5 announced only to get angry at it

2019-2020

The future.

>tfw they release Bloodborne remaster 4 years from now
>Can finally play it at 60 fps
Like clockwork

>the ball hovers
>the controller talks with you
at least op pic is comfy

I miss the old days when consoles were so bulky anyway that it was okay for fake consoles to look this goofy. That controller is garbage, though; Your thumbs have to haul a lot of ass to get down to those pathetic little analog sticks. How are you supposed to get a grip on those things?

>IT'S SPHERICAL

Yurop and BRs are still buying PS4s like ravenous animals so I doubt sony will make another console anytime soon

No idea. We all know the PS5 will look basically the same as every Playstation ever with the same controller.

lol the controller has a life bar to show you how much of a loser you are

These next gen mockups are always so silly.

kisama..

Fuck you if you don't want to live in the Okama Gamesphere future with the rest of us patricians

Hologram gayman?

>sharp, rectangular edge where your index finger is supposed to rest

People who watch too much shitty sci-fi movies

>the console suck your soul inside of the ball.

thats a cool way to go about instrumentality

> triangle= reload always in any situation no matter the game or just even if youre in the menu

fuck everything about that controller design its like they set out to design the worst controller ever

kevin

>making a south park reference

YOU USELESS FUCKING FAGGOT

Dude, I hear its got 128 gigahertz d-ram

Based cyberpunk design

>time between PS1 and PS2: 7 years
>time between PS2 and PS3: 6 years
>time between PS3 and PS4: 6 years
>PS4 released in 2013
PS5 will most likely be released in 2019 if the trend continues.

goddamn it kevin

PS1 released 1994
PS2 released 6 years later, 2000
PS3 released 6 years later, 2006
PS4 released 7 years later, 2013
>will PS5 be released 4-5 years after PS4??

wow, oops

2019-2020 sounds about right.

>How long until the PS5?
another 3 years.
>Odds on Sony announcing it next year?
Sony isn't intimidated by the meager sales of the xbonex enough to warrant announcing a stop gap console let alone a new one.
The most you can hope for is a Ps4 pro slim or some shit.

What if they introduce half generations instead?
>2019
>introducing PS4 Expert, a slightly more powerful console than PS4 Pro
>new games work only on Pro and Expert
>2022
>introducing PS4 Goyum
>even more powerful than Expert
>PS4 Pro is no longer supported

They already did a PS4 slim last year
Not saying that there haven't been multiple slim models per generation in the past, but I think he current one is fine

It's far more likely they're going to introduce their new handheld and we all know what insanely popular handheld system it will draw heavy inspiration from

Honestly a controller that could display shit like controls would be cool and it's possible with the new flexible screen tech we got. Too bad it would be ridiculously fucking expensive

Usually they originate from Brazil or India.

OKAMAAAAAA GAMUSPHEREU

not that current controllers aren't already
they probably could do it for under 60 bucks but they most likely would still up the price to save face
why is it that everything associated with Brazil or India is low effort or low quality?
I like to believe these are just student projects

In that concept that part of the controller is clearly a screen that would change depending on the context of the game. Are you dumb?

Stark rich/poor divide, so the poor fucks who have a toaster only have sci-fi as a reference for advanced technology and use that to create concepts for shit they like.

looking down on your controller to see your health bar is dumb and inefficient

I'm pretty sure they also have past consoles as a reference too. I think this goes deeper than being poor when you ignore every other design that came before it
How are you even so poor that you think the next PlayStation will be a fucking floating ball
Why would poor people want the next console be this expensive looking? That translates to expensive being. But the most important question is why did I take this bait?

>Sony's PS4 is a generic shape of a console
>They think the next one will be an anti gravity sphere
Seriously, who does keep making these retarded designs?

>I'm pretty sure they also have past consoles as a reference too
Poor people don't own consoles, in Brazil a PS4 goes for about $1000.

>2000 - 1994 = 7
>2006 - 2000 = 6
>2013 - 2006 = 6

I'd bet on them announcing it in spring or summer 2019 and having it launch either later that year or spring 2020.

No point until 4k is adopted worldwide.

First, they have the internet
Second, they have older consoles
Third, pic related
Fourth, I'M STILL TAKING THIS BAIT

Not talking about the hp which is dumb I'm talking about other things like control prompts hell if the entire bezel is a screen each game could have controller themes attached to them that change the look of the controller. It's not very useful and again too expensive for production but it would be visually interesting

>He thinks consoles are priced at $300 equivelant in Brazil
No, their price is literally jacked up
This isn't bait, I'm fucking Brazilian
>Second, they have older consoles
PFFFFFT HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA
PS2'S HAVE JUST BECOME AFFORDABLE

They'll also run some custom version of AMD's mobile chips, luckily things have gotten a lot better since Jaguar.

The fucked up frame timing is more important desu so many times I've died just because of that shit

>tfw I bought a PS1 and a PS2 in great condition, complete with 2 battered but working controllers and a racing wheel controller for 30€
The things we take for granted.

Not for another 5-6 years. PS4 is just getting started and they are NOT going to force us to buy a new VR headset when VR is just beginning to take off.

>PS4 was released 4 years ago
>The time between the PS3 and PS4 getting released was 7 years
>The time between PS2 and PS3: 6 years
>PS1 and PS2: 4 years
I'm no analyst but I really don't think the PS5 would get announced until another 3-4 years.

Like I said, 2020.

You're ignoring numero uno
They still have the internet. They don't need to buy a console to know what it looks like.

Oh whoops

Sony need AMD ryzen 2 plus GPU navi.

when ape escape 4 happens

It's spherical.

Youre right. Heres a more realistic concept

PS3 took 3 years to get good
PS4 took 4 years to get good
PS5 ????

wtf

Okama Gamesphere?
youtube.com/watch?v=xddDKtsDw6k

aesthetically pleasing

Maybe Sony make delay death Standing,FF7R and Ghost of Tsushima,plus remaster God of War and TLoU2

so fucking ugly

Go away.

>!Generously overclocked notebook chips
> A footprint about the same as PS4 Slim.

Tell me I'm wrong.

>They already did a PS4 slim last year
Well yeah. Which is why the most you can hope for is a slim model of the Pro. Everything else is a fever dream at this point.

I'm going to guess on sometime in 2020. Sony is going to push their Pro Slim next. I can see the new Playstation in mid 2020 and a new Xbox in 2021 or so.

0% there's nothing they can put in to power it that's way more powerful than a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X

Dan Schneider

IT'S SPHERICAL