PS2 games that emulate well

What are some good PS2 that run well on PCSX2? I recently got it set up and want to play through God Hand, Siren 2, and Kengo but am interested in some gems I might have missed.

How good do the nfsu games emulate on pcsx2? I mean i have them on ps2 already but ive never seen it brought up in a thread

Rayman revolution works really well on PCSX2 and the increased resolution makes it look like it could be a game from this generation because of the artstyle.

Persona 3 and 4

never tried it

are there any games that don't run well?

battlefront

I could never get Ace Combat titles running without serious graphical issues.

Yakuza 1 + 2

What's the recommended software mode to use? Games like God Hand lag whenever I break a bunch of objects. I have an AMD card if that makes a difference.

Both DMCs, basically any RPG. Almost everything runs well nowadays.

I use hardware mode and no problems with God Hand.

>tfw theres literally no easy way to play AC 4, 5 and 0
Why the FUCK is there not an HD collection? Especially with the 7 hype now would be a perfect time to release one.

Is PCSX2 ever going to support texture swapping? So tired of pixelated HUDs. Shit just looks ugly.

Because nobody emulates PS2 games that have superior PC versions.

Very true

Trying to run Drakengard currently. The flying sections are smooth as butter, but the speed sometimes drops to 70-80% during some on-foot missions. I'm still pretty pleased with how it runs and it's actually a really great game.

>pc game

They got fixed.

>I'm still pretty pleased with how it runs and it's actually a really great game.
That's a dirty lie. The flying missions are fun, the experimental soundtrack is perfect and the story/characters unforgettable, but Drakengard is by no means even a good game, letalone a great game.

About to play it for the first time. Any tips I should know?

honestly, most of them. i think the only games i had issues with were valkyrie profile 2 and some really minor shit in star ocean 3. there's an option in the settings for tri-ace games that i didn't really fuck with though. psx/ps2 emulation has always been pretty solid.

Update to latest and use opengl instead. Never use MSAA.

Not him, but I enjoy it because of it succeeds with what it's trying to do. I can look past the gameplay because of that.

It throws you almost immediately right into the action and expect to game over quit a bit until you get the hang of the how to play. After that, just remember that it's hard, but fair.

What are you talking about? All of those run fine with slightly different settings for 4

This look good?
I'll keep that in mind.

Absolutely, and I can appreciate it for what it did. Still can't justify calling it a good or great game with the awful, monotonous gameplay and horrendous draw distance.

It's not that bad to play, it's just very repetitive.

I had troubles with shadow of the colossus last time i tried 2 - 3 years ago

God hand user here
THIS GAME IS FUCKING AWESOME
BUT IM GETTING MY ASS KICKED
What's a good setup for my combos?
I have the barrel kick on X, and the default combo chain for square and every other button

Other games like Siren crash in hardware mode.

It wears you down by the time you get the first 4 endings. You'll sing a different tune when going for the fifth one.

I've played the following to the end without issues, on my old i5-2500k cpu:

persona 3/4
nocturne
digital devil saga 1 + 2
okami
mana khemia
ffx/ffx-2/ff12 (not good games tho)
dragon quest 8
metal gear solid 3

>God Hand

This game is too hard

god user here again
>doing well
>demon comes out of nowhere
>wrecks my shit

learn the dodge moves

My main issue it timing. I'm like an old man playing video games.

Sometimes my controller doesn't get recognized by PCSX2 or it does but I'm player 2 and my inputs dont work. Anyone know a fix?

nevermind i'm retarded i assigned it to the wrong pad

fighting the two homos right now these guys are a pain in the ass and i keep mashing the wrong buttons

Since this is kinda on topic, should I play Bully emulating the PS2 version or the PC one?
I've been trying the PC version and the analog input on movement is really flaky

HOW?!
I've been trying to play AC4 for ages!

Use the right thumbstick (dodging) as much as you can.
This boss fight is a filter for those who have learnt to use it.

Also put a guardbreak move (a jab) for one of the button combos. It can be very handy.

AFAIK, there are patches for the PC version that make is very playable.
I've never tried controller, so I can't tell how they feel.

yeah i just beat them after dodging and using guard breaks
right now my combo is left jab, elbow spin, straight, then backfist strike and i have a sweep, kigh kick, guard breaker, charged punch, and barrel roll kick

Games I've played and worked well
>Yakuza 1
>Way of the Samurai (flawless)
>Technic Beat
>SMT DDS1
>Dragon Quest 8 (few problems)
>Klnoa 2 (there are some audio problem, but can't tell if it's emu problem or game's)

What kind of settings should I use on PSX2 if I want to emulate Ratchet & Clank or the Jax games?

Ratchet & Clank always runs slower than molasses when I try to emulate it

I'm actually not getting the issues most people are desu
It's just that using the analog to move while the camera is also moving feels jank as fuck, and watching gameplay vids doesn't show the players struggling half as much as I did

>Dragon Quest 8 (few problems)
Like what?

Anything by Naughty Dog, Insomniac and Sucker Punch is going to run slow without hacks
They did some weird H/W stuff with PS2 make their magic happen.

very minor ones like texture pop-in and some odd effects.
Nothing game breaking.

Never buy AMD. It's a mistake.

too late
now i'm stuck with a card that has terrible legacy openGL support that lags out when playing sven co-op with flashlights turned on