Name a better RTS

Name a better RTS.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iSepa672f0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dow2

Total Annihilation

bait

complete mess, unfocused shit, too large scale.

next

Super Command

Red alert 2

This

supcom

Name an RTS with a better campaign.

>complete mess, unfocused shit, too large scale.
Are you critiquing Total Annihilation here? None of that is true. It shows you haven't played the game.

sorry I confused it with Supcom

I think he's confusing it with planetary annihilation

This remains the greatest

now you're making even less sense what the fuck

broodwar is perfection, also fuck 3d graphics. 2d rts is so much better.

starcraft ruined RTS
fuck off faggot

Any Red Alert
youtube.com/watch?v=iSepa672f0s

>Red Alert 3

only thing RA3 did right was those live action scenes with gemma atkinson

The only thing that comes close is Supreme Commander FA

Idk i thought the ability concept was pretty great

>Total Annihilation had true line of sight and weapon projectiles that impacted with terrain in 1997
>Dawn of War didn't have this in 2004

This, especially with mods.

High quality shitposts, boys.

Dawn of War isn't even a true RTS
it's dumbed down babby RTS.

Besides many others, Warcraft 2 you faggot

forged alliance, the worst part is we could do so much better with modern tech

*blocks your path*

Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour (especially with Rise of the Reds)

Zero-K

Red Alert 2

Empire Earth 2 -- especially with the unofficial patch

There's a lot more RTS games out there that do things better than DoW

*foghorn*

>unironically liking Red Alert 3
post 1997 baby

>Besides many others
name them.
Btw, RTS with hero units > RTS without them. I genuinely wish more RTS had hero units that leveled up throughout a campaign, had abilities and got items like Warcraft 3 does.

Cnc Generals
Dune

isn't there a new one coming out next year? Is it gonna be any good? What do we know about it?

SoulStorm

>isn't there a new one coming out next year?
yes
>Is it gonna be any good?
nu-Relic is making it, so no.
>What do we know about it?
Windows 10 + Windows Store exclusive. Bound to be trash.

it's being made by relic so it'll be fucking garbage

Red alert 1
Also most anything based in history is almost always stronger story wise what with already having a real interesting fleshed out setting

Homeworld

DoW proved to be dogshit when it came to competitive level. You never really control more than 5 things at a time, even less after Relic placed arbitrary limits on every unit type, so there's no micro, balance was all over the place, maps were claustrophobically tiny, the point system rewarded endless turtling and hit-n-run tactics, epic units were pointless and weak, and worst of all, the combat just felt like shit with 90% of shots missing for the sake of giving the graphical presentation large scale feel.

>muh competitive
kys sc fag no one cares about competitive cancer

this E-sports killed rts

This game right here

No one plays Dark Souls. Fallout, Total War for e-sports. Eat shit.

Now if only it was a good game

>Warcraft 2
>only difficult missions are the ones where you start with nothing and have to fight multiple fully built bases that attack you constantly

My favorite was honestly CnC3 tiberium wars.

Scrin were a great addition to GDI and NOD

>orks helping necrons
this will only end in someone getting borg'd

I know this is bait, but I can't help myself.

this but unironically

i liked rise of legends as well despite the hate it gets

are those armored skeletons from hell?

>implying everyone has bad taste like you

Moderators.

No better game was ever created, sorry

god i can't fucking wait for the remaster
this + diablo 2 remaster

>Total War for e-sports
>it's Team Infused's turn!
>omg, he's going for it!
>he's really doing it!
>OMAGAWD HE BUILT ENGLISH LONGBOW MEN
>it's over for ScreaM and Envy!

Red Alert 3 was the last good RTS and you know it.

Why? You know they'll fuck it up somehow.

People play chess competitively, you know. Not every competition needs to one of these retarded overhyped Dota shows

Hero units are the cancer that literally killed RTS, you just want to play a glorified action RPG.

was the campaign any good?

SC Remaster was pretty good. It was basically a straight up HD remaster - just higher res sprites + support for high resolutions and they left it alone.
with Warcraft 3, seeing as it has 3D models, they'll most likely give it the HotS treatment. I think the wc3 characters in HotS look pretty good so I'm hopeful. I don't think they'll mess with gameplay too much.

forgot pic

>Hero units are the cancer that literally killed RTS
Yeah, because IRL every soldier was a clone and exceptionally powerful warriors or inspiring leaders never existed
Retard

retard

>literally 1 game had them
>"it killed them"
Doubt it.
But assuming you're right, then maybe it's because it was so good people got bored of shitty ass reskins with no new mechanics (which RTS have been for 20 years) and lost interest in future titles?
The hero units also solves the problem RTS campaigns have, which is the complete lack of focus because the character's don't get any screen time which leads to no one giving a fuck about the campaign because you might as well be playing skirmish. Thing is in most RTS multiplayer is fucking awful.

>diablo 2 remaster
>all the satanic/gothic stuff is replaced with generic fantasy demons

People that took the field and killed 100 people effortlessly didn't exist

Snipers don't count

Also doubt it. The Diablo 3 D1 event was surprisingly good. I'm pretty sure the Diablo 3 current team knows the artstyle of D3 is fucking garbage (the area they added recently that was scrapped from the amazon/druid expansion was pretty gritty and diablo 2 esque with a lot of environmental decorations), they just can't retroactively fix D3's environments.

Why the fuck didn't they just hire CA again? They did a decent job with Halo Wars 2.

prob because CA is busy with Total Warhammer + Historical team that's working on some 800AD british game already announced.

homeworld
stronghold
netstorm
distant worlds

Can't you buy Legacy of the Void alone anymore? I'm only seeing some complete edition on the blizzard store, and I am not paying for WoL and HotS again godamn.

If you own WoL, they give you HotS for free. Not sure buying Legacy is even worth it though since you can play Legacy multiplayer for free already. The Legacy campaign is fun but I don't know if it's worth the price, depends on your playing style.

you have to go in game and select it from the campaign menu
you'll have the option to buy it

curiuos, how was age of empires 3? i never played that one.

whats this?

I can't, I simply can't

>RTS with hero units > RTS without them
when done right they can be fun, obscenely op hero characters like in wb3 or hoae can be fun to crush the enemy. Never really cared for "slightly stronger hero character compared to your army" thing from wc3

It's still in Early Access but is pretty good, constant new content and nice community.

That's what unit tiers and veterancy mechanics are for, some units are stronger, but the battle doens't revolve around them.
Also historically people have become acclaimed as heroes because of their leadership skills and not because of how well they could swing a sword and that should be the point of a RTS game, to test your skills as a tactician not your ability to micro some overpowered unit.

The problem is that all other mechanics have to suffer because most of the player's attention is wasted on the heroes and they are so powerful that all meaningful strategic decisions revolve around them, which heroes you use, how you build them, how well do you micro their abilities; active abilities themselves are as a mechanic fundamentally incompatible with strategy.

>I won my match because I can micro a boar efficiently
I like AOE2 but honestly anything more micro than this is hardly even a strategy game. And when blizzard makes an "rts" they mean "reading time storybook".

nice shill

Yeah I love AoE and for better or worse it's just about the micro, like a shitload of rts, and while I can handle micro easy in a total war battle or something, I just never got classic rts micro down

Dawn of War 3 Collectors Edition. I use the hammer to prepare the meat.