Golden joystick awards

Golden joystick awards
>Best Storytelling - Horizon Zero Dawn
What did joystick mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Joystick_Awards
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that every gaming journalist should be ignored on the grounds they are soulless trash heaps orchestrated by the illuminatti to keep this generation too dumb to think for themselves.

This show is a joke and what's the deal with the 2 fat lesbians on the top right.

>pubg best multiplayer game
HAHAHAHAHAHA

>Best Storytelling
Isn't this normally just about the way you tell a story? What was so special about the way they told the story?

Does this exist just so the VGAs don't looks so shitty?

Winners
Best Storytelling - Horizon Zero Dawn
Best Visual Design - Cuphead
Best Audio - The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Best Gaming Performance - Ashly Burch (Aloy in Horizon Zero Dawn)
Best Indie Game - Friday the 13th The Game
Best Multiplayer Game - PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
Studio of the Year - Nintendo EPD
Best VR Game - Resident Evil 7
Best Streamer/Broadcaster - Markiplier
Handheld/Mobile Game of the Year - Pokemon Sun/Moon
Nintendo Game of the Year - The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Playstation Game of the Year - Horizon Zero Dawn
Xbox Game of the Year - Cuphead
PC Game of the Year - PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
The Critics Choice Award - The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Breakthrough Award - Ashly Burch
Hall of Fame - Final Fantasy
Most Wanted Game - The Last of Us 2
Still Playing Award - World of Tanks
Outstanding Contribution to the UK Games Industry - Debbie Bestwick MBE (Founder of Team17 - Worms etc)
Ultimate Game of the Year - The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild

Holy fuck that is some shit taste

P-please tell me you made these up.

Once again it's proven that the Nintendo bonus is real. Zelda didn't deserve the awards over the other games.

Yeah but at least Zelda won. pubg doesn't deserve to win anything.
It's for real. These guys showed up

Horizon: Zero Dawn's story is fucking boring.

Aloy starts out as an outcast who has rocks thrown at her, hated by all. Then when she wins her way into a tribe through strength, her character isn't informed IN ANY WAY by her being an outcast. From then on, she's just RPG protagonist woman, no bitterness or intrigue carried over at all from her establishment as a character.

Fuck video game critics and award givers, they have 0 clue what makes a good story. It's not "oh, there was a cool twist" or "all the lore was really badass". It's about having interesting characters.

Hellblade was way, way, WAY more interesting in its characterization and execution. Fuck Ashley Burch.

they will show up again this december 7th

That was painful to watch.

>Persona 5 ignored
>Nier: Automata ignored
>Original Sin 2 ignored
>Hollow Knight ignored
Wow. I had no fucking idea it's possible to have such a shit taste.

>HDZ got more GOTY votes than Persona 5
Tells you something about the average Playstation fag

Last year VGAs GOTY was Overwatch.
GJAs GOTY was Dark Souls 3. VGAs is definitely worse.

>implying the majority of Europoors play weeb games on the Playstations and not just FIFA all day

>DS3
>When DOOM was out last year

Nice try.

nobody gives a shit about these awards now that you dont get a free game for voting

it's the first time a Nintendo game has won the main award you autistic faggot

>nu-DOOM
epic taste my dude

?

>NO POISE: the game

I could throw those words right back at you, "my dude".

purely garbage list

amerifats are literally flatout casual fags

>best gaming performance
>alloy
What the fuck

> just different awards for the same games
Could you be lazier?

>GJA
>American

It's a Britbong awards show.

OBSESSED

Shut up retard. I bet you are a nintendo fan too. Disgusting.

>Xbox game of the year
>is also on the pc

How will xcucks recover?

Looks like that user hit a nerve.

oh sorry bongs are worse than amerifats for sure

all anglo countries have garbage taste in games

>we only played the 10 most popular games this year

t. assmad irrelevant shitskin country

>america
>white

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Joystick_Awards

>The Golden Joystick Awards, also known as the People's Gaming Awards, is a video game award ceremony; it awards the best video games of the year, as voted for originally by the British general public, but can now be voted on by anyone online.

I suppose there's a loophole at the end, but like the Game Awards Show, they too likely have a jury that gets together to decide 90% of the vote with the remaining 10% sway being dependent on online votes.

>Best Gaming Performance - Ashly Burch (Aloy in Horizon Zero Dawn
>Breakthrough Award - Ashly Burch

>Best Storytelling - Horizon Zero Dawn
>not Nier: Automata
I've played HZD, and it's story is fucking awful. It's just a empowerment for womyn and men are all ebil/stupid.

Oh yeah? Then where is Super Mario Odyssey?

>Handheld/Mobile Game of the Year: Pokemon Sun/Moon
Get it? Because Switch is a HOME CONSOLE.
Jesus Christ...

>Xbox Game of the Year
>Cuphead

Even more proof these rewards are a fucking joke. How does anyone manage to be surprised by how shit they are anymore?

>Best Audio - The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Who fucking gave that award out, Hellen Keller?

It's one of the best parts of the game

Prove it.
Prove why audio and music design in Zelda is better than Nier or Persona and that the rewards aren't Nintendo dicksucking.

>Best Streamer/Broadcaster

Shit taste but
>Ultimate Game of the Year - The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
ALL IS FORGIVEN.

The music is definitely not one of the best parts of the game that punishes you for combat.

Nier's audio is nothing special compared to Zelda's. Persona 5 deserved second place at least, that I would agree with.

>Persona 5 deserved second place at least, that I would agree with.
>the game with an amazing OST that gets you pumped during regular battles, taking hearts and then comes out with a brand new track during the penultimate boss comes in second place to the game in which some gook hit a few piano keys every now and then
Great bait because it triggered the fuck outa me.

its obvious they still loathe japanese games except for nintendo and big titles

it has become pretty awkward and ideological

If that triggers you then you don't want to know what won last year. Fallout 4. I think P5 had a fantastic OST but Zelda knocked both audio and OST out of the park.

They meant that the game's storytelling was great. Because it was.

I think they're more impressed at how strong the story element was in a game about post apocalyptic robot dinosaurs.

There's also a really strong element of ludonarrative harmony in the story and the way it's presented to you.

>Zelda winning game of the year when it's a damn cinematic experience

Game journalism needs to burn.

I think they're just impressed the main character has a vagina.

Then why don't female protagonists ALWAYS win story awards?

Fuck off with your nonsense here user. You're no better than an SJW when you act like that.

So any game they like is instantly bad because it's SJW pandering, according to you?

The storytelling is surprisingly good in this game. At least the middle portion where you’re solving the mystery of what happened in the past. The shit that unfolds and the pace at which it unfolds makes the game world feel really alive.

Because most of those characters are hot. They don't have a goofy ears or a weirdly shaped nose or fucked up teeth.
Someone quick mock up another award for "Distance traveled in a logical leap"

Learn what cinematic experience means.

>They don't have a goofy ears or a weirdly shaped nose or fucked up teeth.
Oh right. It's because YOU think Aloy is ugly and not because people who actually played the game thought the story element was worthy of praise. Gotcha.

awards shows are never trying to be objective, its just what some of the retard judges thought. There is no deep analysis going on.

Story is probably the only good thing about Horizon.

After all this time and you're still salty?
Come on man.

> Getting this rectally fuckin ruined just because someone is mocking a thing you like
Man no wonder likes you SJW faggots. Y'all are some fucking prickly lil bitches. I'm out queer. Have fun whiteknighting your pixel grill and her shitty farcry ripoff

All those BotW wins. And, yes, it does deserve to win best audio. It has a fantastic ost.

Is there a whole comic to this?

The only anal annihilation here is your own user.

Horizon had far above average storytelling but I’m sorry fuck off if you don’t pick N:A for that. It kicked the shit out of the whole medium in regards to delivery.

Surprisingly enough Horizon does have a pretty good story. It's also well done in how it unfolds and is told. At times it reminded me of old school rpgs. It had a good vibe going.

I just hope they go full rpg for the sequel.

>runs at sub-30 FPS
>2+ hours of cutscenes
>despite the game "supposedly" having tons of gameplay to make up for it, fans claim that removing the cutscenes would utterly ruin the entire game
>liked by SJW game journos the world over

How isn't this cinematic again?

music is different to audio design you retarded fuck

How I imagine this selection went down.

>Let's go with generic SJW woMEN power fantasy for best story.
>But what about NieR:Automa-
>WOW HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN THAT GAME 2B'S BUTT IS SHOWING, YOU'RE REMOVED FROM THE PANEL FOR BEING SEXIST.

>Best Indie Game - Friday the 13th The Game
That was an indie game?

Cinematic experience is a product of agency more than anything else and BoTW’s forte is agency.

Also the cutscenes make up an extremely small portion of the game. If there are 2 hours worth I bet that’s 99% from the clips before the beasts, which are optional, or the memory-collecting sidequest, which is optional.

>Licensed movie game
>only 70% positive reviews on steam
>best indie

>Best Indie Game - Friday the 13th The Game
Is that even an indie game?

Yeah, but I have no idea why it won because it's nowhere close to the best or the most famous.

The asymmetrical horror genre is pretty shit in general. Dead by Daylight is arguably better but it's review scores are only slightly above F13. Maybe it'll improve over time like DBD did, but not by much. It's just not a good idea to have one player be the killer and 4-7 other people be survivors. It's always a salt factory.

But 2B is literally just like a barbie doll when naked. Hell, look at A2, she’s basically naked. Nothing lewd about it at all.

A2 is beyond naked. She’s a skellington.

Every cinematic game makes that claim. 90+ hours of gameplay, but it's all shallow and casual garbage. If BOTW had a sub-70 metacritic because everyone hated it for being too videogamey, I would reconsider it, but everyone jerking it off as cinema kino is suspicious.

The vast majority of cutscenes are optional, faggot.

Yeah, A2 literally has her metal chassis revealed in a convenient camisole pattern

They're optional in Horizon and Uncharted. That doesn't make them good.

So any game with cutscenes is a cinematic experience?

>caring about normie awards

So as always they're based on popularity and not on actual quality

>Fans say removing cutscenes would ruin the game
Citation needed.

The way Nier uses it's music is pretty nice, there're multiple versions of every track in the game that can switch in realtime and the remixes from older songs are great too.
Not saying Zelda is bad, bust still.
But this is Sup Forums where only 10/10 and shit exists

>everyone jerking it as cinema kino
I didn’t not realize they were and I would disagree with those who say that. If Uncharted is a cinematic experience, there is flat out no way that Zelda is. They are polar opposites from the ground up.

If there's so many cutscenes that I literally fall asleep inbetween them? Yes, I'd say so.

>They are polar opposites from the ground up.
Except for emphasizing "muh cinematic 30 FPS" over better performance, among other things.

his is what is really pissing me off. She had won one of these shit awards for her work on Life is Strange, how is this year a breakthrough?

Meanwhile, you had the girl that did Senua, which was just one of the devs and, with no preparation, delivered a great (imo) performance.

Guess she should have sucked more dicks if she wanted to have a shot.

If you feel asleep during the cutscenes, you need to probably get more sleep in general.

It's hard to stay awake inbetween tumblr pandering.

In second place for PC GOTY, it's.... DREAM DADDY!

Why the fuck every single of category seems to have only like 1-2 games to compete ? No wonder easy win
>PUBG won best multiplayer
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

>This is the PC master race