Kind reminder

You killed an infant who, literally, did nothing wrong.

well we know that NOW, but at the time it was a pretty honest mistake.

In a world of giant nightmarish horrors, I think we should be forgiven for killing it

Well he tried killing me so..

Okay.

He's not even hostile until you attack him.

Itt people pretend to understand that nonsense garbage from called "story"

Wrong

it is better than DS, DS2 and DS3

>Wrong
Wrong.

It's called "vacuous" for a reason. It's as dumb as a bag of rocks, and its dimension reflects that; just a sprawling empty plain of water

Walk up to him and see what happens. Dont attack, just approach him. Good luck.

>pretend to understand that nonsense garbage from called "story"

if you're actually serious, then you're a goofus. It's not that hard.
it's easier than most Dark Souls lore at least

He is a naive being with no defense mechanism despite the fact that he can manipulate energy. Counting all creatures you encounter in the game, why this is the only one that step back when you hit it and it is not aggressive to you in the first encounter?

This is how you encounter someone that didn't play the game

>An abomination that's fucking everything up for everyone
>HE DID NOTHING WRONG

she just wanted to keep everybody from seeing the true world ;-;

If I recall correctly, that was genuinely her purpose to keep the illusion of the dream going. Or maybe Micolash? I think he just hosts the nightmare frontier

Pretty sure it just sits there doing nothing no matter how close you get and the battle won't start until you attack it. It will attack on sight on subsequent attempts, but not on the first encounter. And the other creatures of the same species in the chalice dungeons are actually aggressive. But not Rom.

So is this why Miyazaki refers to Rom as "cute".

Because she is an infant turned into a Kin.

It was Laurence who fucked everything.

Not her fault tho.

>infant

The way she acts during the first encounter is almost childish.

rom isnt an infant
orphan is a manchild

Read as: there is no proof.

What is your interpretation?

But he was a grown man and not a very smart one at that.

Mindlet.

I didn't want to. For a good ten minutes, I sat right down in front of Rom and had a pleasant moment, before it became clear I'd have to slash her to death.

Also, I just beat this game, and the plot went totally over my head.

It just sits there and stares at you, how is that childish?

Grant us eyes

Uh yeah she doesn't do anything you fucking moron. Only attacks you once you attack her.
>him
This nigger didn't even read miyazaki's notes on rom and how she's the cutest boss

Fuck'em

I cant fucking beat this guy. Even with help, the help just dies. I can beat him for other people though somehow

If you are aggressive to a children, she will back away, violence will be a last resort.

He immediately starts shooting crystals at you and you have to run for it

>he
>him

Of what specifically?

>cutest boss
No.

Who was Rom.

>A suicidal who didn't have the balls to deal with what she did.
>Cute.

No.

Use bolt paper or Tornitus(?). Electricity and blunt fucks the spiders' shit up.

This

Should I just go ahead and take you beating around the bush as a tacit admission that there's no dialogue, item description, or other solid evidence that even implies that you're not just pulling this out of your ass?

She's a woman. Of course she doesn't have balls.

play the fucking game dude it's pretty good

Are you retarded? He doesn't start shooting until phase 2

We actually don't know if it's an infant. They're trying to recreate Rom with orphan kids, but he could be a scholar as well.
He is feebleminded, but full of insight and hides the ritual on purpose. Is that a good thing or "wrong" is hard to say.

Rom is a girl

this woman scares the shite out of me

What is the proper way to fuck Rom?

>giving up your humanity
>nothing wrong
Bloodborne is shitty transhumanist propaganda

I think all of you calling her the cutest boss are forgetting a certain daughter of the cosmos.

Away.

Rom was even holding the moon back and stopping it from descending and causing another old yharnam situation. Rom was the good girl all along.

>rom
>infant

I'm a democrat, I believe babies should be aborted anytime, anywhere.

Rom was a female bygenwerth student who managed to ascend.

How else am I supposed to complete the game?

No she wasn't By the time you reach Rom, shit's already well passed fucked. Rom's ritual was simply hiding the moon. Not holding it back.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE MENSIS RITUAL

I WORKED ALL OF IT OUT EXCEPT FOR THAT

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY UP TO? WHAT WAS THE ONE REBORN?

>t. brainlet who didn't understand the story

The hunt and blood plague is oedon's doing but the MPs descent causes the blurring of the line and beasthood to run rampant. Plenty of notes confirming that that happened to old yharnam, that lawrence and mensis summoned him and in game visualization of it.

Rom kept the moon back and once she was gone MP was free to fuck yharnam up once more.

Dude if we just join together we can create a body for an old one/become one lol
At least I think that's what they were doing doing. Been a while since I read up on that shit

t. eyeless pleb

give in to change

It literally tells you that they were beckoning a great one.

Its confusing, part of it is explicitly to meet mergo and summon a great one - but its not certain they knew specifically who they would meet. In fact all the mensis members are all facing the moon - so its my belief they, with lawrence, summoned the moon presence. There is a note confirming this.

When the red moon descends the line between man and beast is blurred and this could explain the advent plaza skeletons. They summoned the MP and all hell broke loose. The residents got turned into statues by the horror or into amalgamations of corpses.

All the mensis members either died or were transported to the nightmare where they met mergo and the brain.

This. People always miss the seated mensis members, they obviously summoned paleblood and i reckon this happened at the same time as old yharnam went to shit.

The result was the worst ever hunt and then Rom held the red moon back. The moon then using you to kill Rom.

>Keeping the real world and the dream worlds compartmentalized.
>Fucking everything up.
No, Rom was the binding keeping the Amygdalas, the Paleblood Moon, and Odeon at bay. Not to mention there's no need for justification ever since I slew Garl Vinland and Maiden Astrea -- although some kills are regrettable, I must see them through all the same to reach my destiny.

Watch out or that useless shit vaati will turn up.

The moon presence isn't the cause of everything, it is only responsible for the hunts, it shelters Gehrman inside the hunter's dream which is a perfect replica of his workshop, and summons hunters to kill Oedon's offspring. Most of the great ones are benevolent, they just don't know any better. The ones at fault for everything are the researchers of byrgenwerth who used Kos's carcass to experiment on people to turn them into Celestial Messagers that in turn called upon Ebrietas, another benevolent being whose blood was exploited by the Healing Church and ended up causing people to become blood addled.

user, space marines are transhumans who give up their humanity via geneseed.

Abortion is my legal right.

>Yahar'gul, the unsee village.
>It's just right there, everyone can see it no problem and even access it climbing a few rocks.
What were they thinking?

Who was Moon?

The Moon presence was the cause of the paleblood decease and it was summoned by the Choir I think, but Rom was keeping at bay which is why the MP directs us, their "agent" to kill Rom so we can also reach and kill Mergo. Those two were the ones in MP hit list for the hunt we take part.

>paleblood disease

the unseen isn't the actual village user, it's the people

Lad, space marines are as transhuman as you get

The story is pretty straightforward:
>Two men discover an eldritch power deep within a labyrinth below the city of Yharnam, and they soon disagree on how to best use it to improve civilisation -- be it between communication with these eldritch Great Ones or through the ministration of their healing blood. Regardless, peril falls on Yharnam as these Great Ones descend upon the city, thrusting it into a cursed endless Night of the Hunt, as its denizens are driven mad or turned into horrific beasts. You come to the city of Yharnam seeking a cure for an ailment, hoping to recieve the fabled Blood Ministration of the Healing Church, but are soon swept up into the Night of the Hunt and subverted by a Great One to secretly carry out its bidding -- and so with enhanced might of your secret benefactor and the advice of an Old Hunter, you go forth as a curious Good Hunter; to kill beasts and to unravel the mystery of Yharnam.

Then wouldn't it be the unseen villagers or something?

WAKE THE FUCK UP DUMB SLUT

They wanted to summon a Great One in order to kill it and ascend in the same way the player does. The School of Mensis figured out the true secret, their notes outline what you must do to ascend.
>The nameless moon presence beckoned by Laurence and his associates. Paleblood.
>Hunt the Great Ones, Hunt the Great Ones
>Three third cords
They ended up summoning a Great One, but instead of the moon presence Laurence and (presumably) Gherman once beckoned they got an evil brain and a retarded child, which seemingly drove them insane (those who didn't outright die anyway).

>The moon then using you to kill Rom.
If that was the case the hunt would be over once Rom dies. MP needed you to reach Mergo, either to kill it or to "kill" it, Rom was just in the way.

>You killed an infant who, literally, did nothing wrong.

Nothing wrong with killing such things.

Literally nyarlathotep jr.

t. roastie

>Rom was the binding keeping the Amygdalas, the Paleblood Moon, and Odeon at bay
This isn't true. Amygdalas exist and can still kill or teleport you before you defeat Rom. MP still empowers you and keeps you bound to the Hunter's Dream and exerts his influence over Yharnam even before you defeat Rom. Rom is more like a veil hiding them rather than a power suppressing them.

???

You didn't even play the damn game

Here's a webm for you, buddy.

You posted the wrong image, friend.

I have a crush on Maria.

I want to kiss Lady Maria.

"Rom was once a scholar of Byrgenwerth whom at some point went through metamorphosis into Kin courtesy of Kos"
What the fuck are you talking about

>Rom was once a scholar of Byrgenwerth
I still find this debatable. Only three of the main-game bosses are found in the chalice dungeons, Rom, Ebrietas, and Amygdala. We know main-game Ebrietas was found in the dungeons by the Choir and after you kill Amygdala you're told that Patches will go off to find another god and you find him looking for that god in the dungeons. It's never confirmed that Byrgenwerth made Rom rather than just being the first ones to find her.

Holy shit I never noticed that there's actually somewhat of a face. I thought it was just random eyeballs. You can actually see two main eyes and the nose, that's fucking terrifying jesus christ.

oh that is what it was? I thought I killed a dogshit Dark Souls 2 Salamander in disguise

Yup. Did you notice the eyes darting around randomly, unfocused?

>You killed an infant who
THAT THING was an infant?! how do you know?