Don't you guys get it?

Don't you guys get it?
The reason for all this DLC is bullshit is that GAMES ARE TOO EXPENSIVE TO MAKE

AAA, great-looking games cost a ton to make, and unless they sell 900 million copies like GTA devs NEED to put in microtransactions to earn their money back

We literally have two choices:
>Accept that microtransactions are here to stay
or
>Go back to PS2-3 era graphics

So think about that the next time you complain a game is looking dated or shitty
All the DLC is YOUR FAULT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0qq6HcKj59Q
youtube.com/watch?v=0qq6HcKj59Q&t=2s
archive.fo/o7ler
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Reddit spacing
>Shit opinion
Nice falseflag faglord

"Reddit spacing" is the worst counter argument in 4chans history

You're literally gettinng triggered be the way someone formats a post

>GAMES ARE TOO EXPENSIVE TO MARKET
FTFY

they really don't, not every developer needs to make high-budget cinematic movie games.

*They cost a lot to advertise
3PBP

More than half the budget is on marketing. Why the fuck?

Lets go back to PS3 era graphics but at 1080/60, I am okay with that. Also stop marketing your game so much that the money for advertising matches the money for production of the actual game

OBSESSED

Someone needs to pay OP otherwise he can't afford any tendies this month.

Look up the video "video games aren't too expensive to make" by feature creep. It's pretty well researched and informative.

I'd go for this

We'd even have 60fps as a standard again

>Videogames have had the same price for over a decade
>One movie ticket costs $12

Gamers have to be the most entitled shits on the planet.

youtube.com/watch?v=0qq6HcKj59Q

if you think lootboxes are included because they have to compensate for costs and not because they can you don't understand capitalism

Proper formatting is taught in school. If you don't have proper formatting, huge chance you're not educated.

>publishers have made record profits for the past decade with every year netting them a higher profit margin
>we're the entitled ones

>>Go back to PS2-3 era graphics
Yes please.
I mean I already play mostly handeld games and AA japanese ones so that changes nothing for me.
AAA is cancer.

Lowering graphics would also open up PC gaming to a lot more people.

this

>Spend $200mil on marketing

>DUDE GAMES ARE EXPENSIVE LMAO PONY UP $90 FOR THE BASE GAME AND $40 THREE SEPARATE TIMES ON SEASON PASSES

No they aren't.
youtube.com/watch?v=0qq6HcKj59Q&t=2s

>>Go back to PS2-3 era graphics
Pretty easy choice.

>this is what r*eddit actually believes

>movie ticket as an example
>implying movies aren't over priced also

you're forgetting unreal engine 4 is fucking free, there is no reason to spend upward of millions just to fuck up and make and engine that looks like ps2 games anymore.

and the literal one dude who made cave story did just fine aswell.

>t. user who went to public school

Wait, you mean games would have to sell based on their gameplay instead of graphics? No, that's a horrible idea, I love horrible games with pretty realistic graphics.

>marketing
there saved you a click

>playing AAA garbage
movie tie ins have a better record of consistently tolerable quality than they do

You forgot the third option; Games take much longer to come out, but are of better quality without microtransactions and DLC, and as an added bonus we get expansion packs again in place of DLC. You know, substantial extra content that's practically a sequel or prequel at a lower price than a brand new game.

I'd be fine going back to those days.

I choose this

Absolute horse-shit with absolutely no fucking citation or research done at all. With your bait, however, I say this : I would go back to PS2 era graphics in a fucking heartbeat if it gave us good games without microtransactions again. In a fucking heartbeat. AAA gaming needs to absolutely fucking die the worst of all deaths.

Because some people format their posts like retards.

I ducking loved ps2 visuals. There was so much soul poured into every title because the system wasn't a powerhouse. And even then, but not and god of war were ducking gorgeous to look at while being fun games. Everything after ps2 is a step in a wrong direction. And I'm saying that as a pc fag

Games aren't actually that expensive to make, one of the reasons most games cannot be modded today (like Battlefield) is because any competent modder could do a better job than Dice, and for free as well.

CEOs could take a paycut.

you are retarded if you think those 100 billion dollar games put all their money into developing, if they did the games would be a fucking masterpiece on release, what has inflated the costs it's the fucking marketing, you think all those trailers, commercials, physical ads all over the world are not the bulk of the budget? take the Witcher 3 for example the game was made with 15 million dollars, the other 20-30 million went into marketing, and it made profit, a great profit as a matter of fact

Stop pushing for graphics, retarded marketing and hiring pointless hollywood stars

*moves company to California*

wtf I need to pay salaries now?

thats theatres becoming more expensive to maintain, electricity costs have skyrocketed

>pc fag
More like phone poster. Faggot.

No I went to private school and then college.

You're just as bad as frogposters nigger

>or

Completely fine with me.

Rather go back to sprites, at least devolpers tried more back then than they do right now.

Wrong

Wrong

It costs a lot to market them but I don't know about making them.

And here i wait, in my bunker, for the time where these kids would start getting old enough to be elected for public office.
archive.fo/o7ler

Why does so much go to marketing? Is it corruption?

even the graphics argument is moot with Unity and Unreal engine 4 being fucking free

Games are only expensive because over half the budget goes to marketing.

Gotta spend money to make money

No, they are just fucking stupid.

How come 2D indie games can't compete with 20+ year old games?

This

If I'm not wrong, GTA5 had like 6 times it's dev budget into marketing.

More marketing = more exposure. It doesn't matter how bad a game is, if you get the marketing right it will sell.

No one asked for hyper realistic graphics. We just want to play games.

Retard

Hellblade looks almost as good as most AAA games and you don't see those devs crying about how expensive it was to make. Publishers just want more money there's literally no other reason

Destiny cost half a billion in total and the rumours going around are that 400 million of it was marketing.

it's the internet wiseguy

Amen to that.

grafixfags have been ruining the industry for 15+ years, how is this news?

>Videogames have had the same price for over a decade

No they haven't?

>We "literally" have two choices
How about the third choice:
Let the industry crash and burn, with no survivors.

>Movies cost the same to produce and market as videogames but are sold for less and are just as financially successful
>This means gamers are entitled
Are you retarded?

Lawbreakers is actually an alright game all things considered, it just requires skill and modern gamers do not want to have to learn anything.

60fps is not even necessary on console since analog sticks were designed to turn at a rate of 30fps, retard

because that would require effort

I'm not that guy, but how long have new AAA games been 60 bucks? I honestly can't remember, have been using Steam for too long

AAA video games costs so much because of inflated marketing budgets. Same reason summer blockbusters are complete failures unless they're smash successes.

( ( ( S C H R E I E R ) ) )

>double spacing is formatting a post
You didn't type a paragraph, not even 2 sentences

I'd have no problem with that.

Hell, Quake 1 still looks fine to me.

>Schreier
Oy vey

Did you that:

Food manufacturers keep prices artificially low by simply reducing volume and keeping price constant

You're paying more for less than what you were

Movies don't have micriotransactions and other ways of strongarming people into paying more. Remember when not having DLC wouldn't change your game at all? Now half the options in the game a greyed out at launch to be shat out later for 15 bucks a pop.

People watch movies only once in the theaters
People buy games only once in their own homes

In theaters you get a huge screen and time in a space you don't have at home.
Vidya requires you to cover all other expenses.

Vidya is overpriced

>he didn't take shitposting 101
pleb

He's retarded, they've always around the same price.

>go back to ps3 era graphics

Okay, great, let's do that. Things looked totally fine, I don't need to see every individual pore on someone's face.

I can smell the Soylent on his breath through the picture.

Not comparable you retard, since when did cinemas make you pay for the projector and screen too?

This. Why are you fags even mad? Get a better job if you want to be able to support your favorite developer like us whales.

Soy vey

>Hell, Quake 1 still looks fine to me.
Let's not exaggerate. Anything in 3D made in the 90s doesn't look fine.

New Games:
>Amazing graphics
>3 hours long
>game is a cutscene with 5 QTE's

Old Games:
>Stylized graphics
>games could be anywhere from 10 to 100 hours
>most games designed with replayability in mind
>no DLC

Wow OP I'll go buy 50 over watch loot boxes for every game right now

You can see it

I have 15 grand in the bank, just because you have money doesn't mean you have to piss it away.

ehh it depends. some games pulled off their art style well enough that it has a certain charm to it now. Quake 1 is definitely one of those games.

But that's not true user. They're way cheaper to make now. If anything they should cost less

>(((Schreier)))

Assuming a company like blizzard pays all 5000 employees the same amount as a software engineer, they're still not even paying 5 million a year. If you include musicians and other expenses you might be able to get that number to hit 5 million. Meaning if they sold even 500000 copies of a game, they'd have paid their entire staff 6 times over. But they sell 12 000 000 copies.

They have close to 700m to spend after paying employees after releasing an expansion. You can say that they might have other expenses too, but you fucking tell me what other expenses are even going to come close to 700 million dollars.

How about early 2000s?

>german names = jewish names

>it's the players fault the devs bloated their budgets to go overkill on graphics for easily impressed normies

But that's blatantly false. Major video game compagny like ubisoft and EA are spending LESS than before. Microtransaction and DLC is just a way for them to gain as much money than before without having too release as many games.

This argument is complete bullshit.