Why did he die?

The Megaman franchise is dead and Sonic still lives?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8FpigqfcvlM
youtube.com/watch?v=DpO0baCAsUU
youtube.com/watch?v=fufY4z5TePE&list=PL6DC50FD7A6019B7E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because actually good franchises know when to end.

Sega likes Sonic and seems to have realistic expectations for game sales.

Shitty Sonic games sell.
Shitty MM games do not.

megaman doesn't have a nearly infinite supply of autism to burn for energy

Megaman (Powered Up)
X
Zero
ZX
Battle Network/ Starforce
All these good series had their place in time.
I'm still waiting for X9, ZX Advent 2, Starforce 4, and Zero 5. Or at least an HD remake. I'm sad guys.

Harder and less accessible.
Once you mastered momentum, if any, sonic games are usually a cakewalk except for the very occasional hard boss.
Mega Man games share the same structure since 2, with some minor differences since the Zero saga.
Looking at Zero games, they were far harder compared to the Sonic advance games.

More like Capcom knows MM games don't sell the CoD numbers, so they don't bother.

because most japanese concepts only work in game scopes smaller than AAA, and you can't make an indie sized game with him because it's a corporate IP

WHERE IS IT, CAPCOM?

Jewnafune left Capcom after his shitty games got canned
Capcom had to restructure the megaman franchise and get a new producer for it
Meanwhile Jewnafune came with Mighty Number 9

I believe Capcom maybe was thinking about doing something with Megaman but Jewnafune's MN9 scandal felt like public assassination so maybe they're waiting. If MN9 scuceeded Megaman would have strong competition, now that it bombed hard they have to wait until that dust settles down and they'll have a good opportunity.

I mean, even fucking Bomberman sold very well on the switch, they have no reason not to release a standard Megaman game.

Why bother making new games when we can just rehash MonHun every year and re-release HD collections of our old games and peoplestill buy them.

t. Capcom

Because it become humanly impossible to make an megaman game that fans will like.

But that's what everyone liked since the 90s. Hard but rewarding unlinear harder than Sonic, easier than Contra like platformers.
The difference between the two is that the spinoffs were a better take on a "Sonic Boom" of the franchise.

And pic related, I would only forgive Capcom if they were gonna make a bad sequel to this so they'd cancel and save money instead, unlike Forces.

He had a Megaman Boom right here. Say hello to his successor. Now the franchise is dead.

>rehash MonHun every year
>MH1 came out in 2004
>MH5 is coming out in 2018
Really made me think tbqh

Honestly it would be much better if Sonic was dead too. He's just a walking corpse

but zero died in zero 4

Lorefag here, It would still continue because Model Z would bond to a master post Zero 4.
Zero 5 could bridge the gap between that and ZX series.

Because you babies couldn't afford buying the games. You voted with your wallet, Capcom listened. On the other hand, Sega listened to Sonic fans too since garbage like Sonic '06 still sold well, so they still keep making games.

And in MMX.
And in MMX5.
I'm not asking for another bullshit revival

>since the '90
Times are different.
I like Mega Man, but kids today like other things.

Clearly you're not thinking enough, brainlet.

youtube.com/watch?v=8FpigqfcvlM

You gotta be joking? Kids aren't excited for Sonic since Sonic Heroes, I have kids myself. You give them a Megaman game and they get into it and call it the Shovel Knight of it's time. Many fans still call out for a Megaman game, look at Mighty No. 9.

If Mania could revive Sonic and AMTR revives Samus, another Zero game should save it.

Go fuck yourself Arin.

mega man games have always sold horrendously

This.
Megaman as a series has sold ~33 million games according to Capcom. Which sounds impressive until you realize there's over 80 games according to Capcom.

Megaman X Corrupted is the Megaman to save the series. Release Date: Never

youtube.com/watch?v=DpO0baCAsUU

they sold pretty well but they definitely would've gotten more out of each one if they didn't crank out sequels so much

Fun facts:
No Mega Man game has ever outsold Mega Man 2, from 1988
No Mega Man game is in Capcom's Top 10 sellers
Or Top 20
Or Top 30

Maybe if Capcom would stop sucking Nintendo's dick and release Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X on the DS instead of the PSP.
Maybe if they released all the Megaman X games on the GBA instead of switching to PSX and PC.
And finally, Megaman needs to work in 3D. He sucks outside of 2D and that's a fact.
Killing Battle Network was the last straw.

MonHun sells really good

>Music

No game has ever outsold Sonic 1 and Sonic 2. Even Sonic Adventure sold more than each boost game on it's own. Yet Sonic isn't dead.

And that's partially the reason why Mega Man is dead.

Capcom killed RE around the time this happened. They revived it with RE7. They could revive their former mascot. Who's their current mascot anyway?

Correct Answer.
Selling the same Megaman game twice doesn't work unlike the top 10 in this list. Platformers are a dying genre and only Indies and bing bing wahoo could continue it.

>chinese only MMO
>mainline
>mainline expansion
>phone game
>anniversary spin-off game
>spin-off that isn't even in the same genre as regular MH
>expansion to anniversary spin-off game
>mainline
You don't know what a "rehash" is.

Music has been done for years. Yet MMX Corrupted has like, 3 or 4 stages done.
youtube.com/watch?v=fufY4z5TePE&list=PL6DC50FD7A6019B7E

I'm glad someone remembered this. It's full of soul in every sprite.

Fuck off Monsterfag. Your series weeaboos anime trash since Frontier.

>platformers are a dying genre
Legend 3 could have revive the series but capcom won't give a fuck.

>durr they rehash it every year lmao
>rehash = To bring forth again in another form without significant alteration: rehashing old ideas.
>literally every game I listed has significant changes from one another
I'm surprised a MM fan is so against the idea of rehashes when MM is quite literally the most rehashed franchise in existence.

That Rathalos plate ain't dropping itself, monhun fag.

Because nobody really buys mega man games

We don't fight the same bosses twice dumbass. Take that shit back to the Sonic franchise. Monster Hunter X and XX are rehashes in themselves with the same monsters and maps with 5 new deviantart frawn awful monsters that look nothing like the original game.

>Zero 5 could bridge the gap between that and ZX series.
There's no reason to, Prairie explains what happened between games.

The problem is that Capcaom is running out of "mans" to fight. Why does Megaman have two fire elementals?

>Prequels>>>>>explanations

Really wish Capcom would steal it like with SFxMM

Sonic would be a relic as well if Sega had played it safe and just stuck with 2D rehash games. In short if you want the sonic franchise to die keep supporting Mania and snubbing Forces.

I wish MH world would just bomb so Capcom will finally stop this shit garbage series

>Maybe if Capcom would stop sucking Nintendo's dick
>and release Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X on the DS instead of the PSP.

Ryu and the MH girl

>Prequels>>>>>explanations
We already know what happens and Zero is too played out. He had his time, let him die with dignity.

>an anniversary game celebrating the franchise reuses old content
Woah thats fucking crazy man. You would have somewhat of a point but X and XX introduced styles, arts, and deviants, also of which made significant changes to the formula, for better or for worse.
>5 new monsters
>Robot Mantis
>Nakarkos
>Malfestio
>Mizu
>Dinovaldo
>Gammoth
>Astalos
>Valfalk
Hmm...

MM fans are mad. Get fucked, Capcom will always put effort into Monster Hunter and it will always sell.

>also
*all
My bad :^)

>impliying that Nintendo killed Megaman by bing bing wahoo
>Nintendo fucks Capcom over instead of the other way around

Monster Hunter would've been better if it was Sony only. Leave Mega to Nintendo fans.

Your favorite games MH3 and MH4 were trapped on the Wii U and 3DS with shitty graphics and a shitty handheld. Now MH switched to anime physics and bland stories.

>Capcom will always put effort into Monster Hunter

As in slapping a new logo on the same game WITH THE SAME ENEMIES AND THE SAME WEAPONS/ARMORS equals effort.

Sonic Generations put more effort into this than MHX you shill.
The new monsters suck ass compared to 4U and that's a fact. I'm a MH fan myself and you defend this garbage. X and XX should've been PS4 exclusives.

And ruining the franchise with ARTS and destroying good weapons like the Insect Glaive and the Charged Blade fucking sucks. Also no Fatalis in the X series, In an anniversary game.

Monster Hunter is dead.

We both are the same. GREEN EYES KILLED THE FRANCHISE WOOT WOOT.

All the people saying MH should be Sony-only are just mad that MH does well on Nintendo consoles while MM doesn't do well on any console.

But the X and Adventure games are good.

>Implying X being good is equal to Adventure
>X improves on the classic gameplay
>Adventure had Big the Cat
Kek.

>its a rehash
>no actually there is a decent amount of new content and changes
>w-well the new content SUCKS lmao
Pathetic. I even said, "For better or for worse" and you still sperg out.

The Adventure games were mediocre

Sonic's on his way out, don't worry user.

simple. megaman is not furbait

Megaman X has new content every game and doesn't pander to kids with their spin-offs. Meanwhile you have more rehashes with ((decent)) content that's not worth $50 total broken arts.
Megaman>>>>>>MH=Pokemon

He already knew what he was fighting for. The stories over in each and every Megaman series. All timelines have come to a close.

Except ZX Advent's cliffhanger.

MHX is a shitty version of an okay game, SA is the infinitely shit SM64 nobody asked for.

>Megaman X has new content every game
New, but almost never better or even good.
>and doesn't pander to kids with their spin-offs.
Oh, you're just an edgy Zero fanboy. Nevermind.

Progress has been much faster since JKB started streaming on Twitch. He bought a new PC with donation money and is getting shit done much faster

>MH takes 1 step forward, 5 weapons back
>Battle Network>>>>>>Stories
You mad because MH is now like Pokemon. Arts = Z-moves. Same monster movements, no new attacks. Go back to /mhg/, your last "good" game was MHFU.

>Platformers are a dying genre and only Indies and bing bing wahoo could continue it.

> Thinking platformers is the only thing you can do with the Mega Man IP

nigga pls.

Spinoffs won't save your main franchise.

>No Mega Man game has ever outsold Mega Man 2, from 1988
Didn't Mega Man Battle Network 4 do that?

We don't speak of MMBNX7

Make a Smash Bros or Dragon Ball Fighters Z type of game. Use Classic masters or X bosses to fight with. Omega, Sigma, and Dr. Wily are playable final bosses.

You can hire me now, Capcom.

Who would want a mega man game? There are about 80. Probably at 30 that are playable. Probably about 10 that are good. That's plenty

Sega likes to (try) to please the fans. Even though they suck at it apparently. Capcom likes to say "fuck you" to the fans. Over and over.

>knows when to quit

>has THE MOST straight up re-hashes out of any video game series.

>Can't even give closure to the cliffhanger to the most unique part

I don't think they know shit.

this

>implying Jewnafune didn't purposely add that cliffhanger because he knows vocal retards like you will keep howling at the higher-ups, hoping that the company will cave in and let him make another game so you can shut up
It's a common practice by petty showrunners, putting cliffhangers in their show's endings because the network cancelled it early. He would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for the reality that Legends games sell like dogshit in a franchise that sells like dogshit.

Some Sup Forums level delusions right here.

>has THE MOST straight up re-hashes out of any video game series.
Name one series that has less rehashes than MM, you literally can't.

>Be a kid
>Play on my Super-Nintendo
>Play TMNT IV Turtles in Time and have a blast
>My brothers come back from the store
>"Hey user! We bought a new game! It's called Megaman X3!"
>Put it on
>Woah everything is so cool!
>X gets captured and Zero drops from the ceiling and his theme comes on
>You get to play as motherfucking Zero
>You meet up with the guy who captured X and you kill him with one sword slice
>Everybody loses their shit
>To this day, I still love that game

I can't because I don't know what you're even trying to say.

Are you implying Megaman doesn't have many rehashes?

i always thought the top of this vehicle was his left leg when i was younger

Megaman I thought we were friends

>taking it out on Sonic because you're butthurt about Capcom

The only good Mega Man series was BN.

Megaman never rehashed old bosses in the classic and X series. Starforce and Battle Network maybe, but not that.
Sonic, Kirby, and Mario rehashed so many bosses and games.
New Super Mario Bros is the biggest offender, down to the final boss.

Nah, I was joking. MM has mad rehashes.

>"Hey user! We bought a new game! It's called Megaman X3!"
Your friends have $130+? Damn son.

The game wasn't that expensive before, user.

>Never played X
>Zero
>ZX
You must be real shit at action platformers huh? Go back to /sthg/, Sonic was never consistent.

Lol, you never named a single game. I bet you never even beaten Megaman X because it's too hard for (you). You didn't beat Megaman 2 without save loading did you?