What's the hardest item/weapon/character you have ever grinded for?

What's the hardest item/weapon/character you have ever grinded for?

>mfw Pure Bladestone

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Opl77bP7vbY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>pure darkmoonstone will only drop from those fucking lizards in the manta ray boss area

Boiling balaur blood stain

Super end game items in Diablo 2.
Cards in Ragnarok Online.
Items in Maple Story.

Common drops in Monster Hunter when you actually need them.

>AMR lvl 100 in RE:Revelations 2

according to datamine, the weapon drop percentage is 0.0026%. what a fucking joke

>yfw need rathalos webbing and never see it even though you break both wings consistently for like 20 fights

Dude, fuck those games for doing that shit.

Max cape in runescape

Then invention came out a couple months later and I lost it again and I don't care enough to get it back

Still rolling up those one million roses...

Probably all the bullshit needed to get Knights of the Round.

Had a lvl 99/70 BiS Assassin Cross on euRO back in the day. Spend 3 years of my life doing pretty much nothing but going to school and playing RO.

Balder Swag Sword

I don't grind too much in games, but that one took like three hours.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I'm about to make it into the Grand Master league in Starcraft 2 for the first time once it opens this season. I'm currently at rank 59 in the contender league and the chance that 142 people overtake me in the next 106 hours are very slim. Took about 7 years and 10k games to get there.

I wish I was good at RTS games, but I suck dick at multitasking.

Lightbreak Hammer
Had to fight pic related with my buddy 50+ times, failing the quest about half of those times, just so I could get one (1) Immortal Reactor. Took 20-30 minutes each time.
My friend, of course, was absolutely drowning in Immortal Reactors, but I only ended up getting one when I was desperately soloing it and managed to get one from a shiny drop.
Desire Sensor, ladies and gentlemen.

Rivendare's Deathcharger and Fiery Warhorse's Reins

Literally not seen either drop since playing in BC.

No joke, i literally opened the thread to post this.
And what a fucking nightmare of a monster to grind as well.

The superweapons in FFXI used to take about 6 months of dedicated work from an 18+ man clan to get the weapon for a single person, usually the leader.

I farmed one for myself then farmed 4 others for officers.

Then I solo'd a Mythic and that was about 200 days of work.

>lan with buddies
>Lineage2
>level 72
>everyone asleep
>farm mats and exp
>for 8 hours
>???
>Prophet level 73

The ultimate weapons in FFX, the chocobo race was bad enough but i gave up when i had to dodge 200 lightnings

Yeah man. He wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for those guaranteed OHKOs that never seem to activate Felyne Moxie. Bringing more than two hunters is a guaranteed failure. Not recommended with randos.

dark flow in the original phantasy star online. still didnt get it

>one million of anything

Why? What do you get out of it?

The Reznov gamerpic from World at War, fucking 10th prestige.

>PVP items in DS3

MOTHERFUCKING

PROOF

OF

CONCORD

KEPT

>Play Dark Souls
>Want to test a lot weapons to see which one I really like and does great damage
>Want to test like 14 weapons
>Grind Darkwraiths for days for like 11 Slabs
>Decide to continue on my way

>Play Borderlands 2
>Try to kill the giant worm Super Boss solo but keep dying at the last second
>Look up online how people are doing it
>They use a shield that buffs every bullets damage and a shotgun that fires a storm of bullets from all sides
>Go get the shield and get a good one at my first 5 tries
>Go get the shotgun from a boss that can drop any legendary.
>90 attempts in and nothing.
>"Eh fuck it" and drop the game

>Play Diablo 2 agains since I was a kid
>See that everybody runes Magic Find and farms for days for their good sets
>Run MF and find sick Unique Armors pretty early on
>Run Mephisto, Andy, and Diablo and get what I need pretty easily.
>Grind for Runes I get terrible luck and drop the game

Haven't grinded in a long time but I salute you guys.

probably some shit in FF12
>chests with a 5% chance to even spawn with a 1% chance to give you the good item
that game was made to sell strategy guides

>Equinox is currently the longest to build of all the Warframes released. Each component to the Day and Night Aspects taking 12 hours, the Aspects themselves both taking 72 hours to craft, the Forma required to build the Warframe taking 24 hours, along with the Warframe itself also taking 72 hours.
The drop chances for each component is 12.91% and the drop chances for each Aspect blueprint is 11.28%, with an expected 52 ± 17 runs to obtain each component and Aspect at least once
2 weeks
2 FUCKING WEEKS TO GET EQUINOX
it hurt so much

Shinobi class in tree of saviour. And the grinding part was literally waiting 40h in a same spot waiting for a rare item drop to spawn.

Why? Equinox sucks balls

because I had a fuckload of free time and I like equinox type characters

It was a real bitch trying to get the materials for ultimate keyblade in KH2 final mix

>Wyrmhero Blade in FFXII
>need to hand in the drops of all the superbosses
>get best sword
>can't use it because everything difficult is already dead

>Trying to grind every Covenant in Dark Souls 3 to max
>offline
>killing the same enemies for 10+ hours at a time
Fuck me

>playing persona 2
>you need a couple Fool cards to progress
>wtf i have never gotten a fool card
>google it
>you get them from 25% chance of a 25% chance in demon negotiation
>have to guess the happy/angry answers in a certain order
>and even then they have a small chance of giving one

fucking hell how did anyone even finish this shit

Moonlight Sword in Otogi 1

I once acquired 49 scales and yet I had only gotten 3 of the 6 shells I needed. At one point during the infinite grind I think I was close to having an epiphany about my life, but then I lost that thought when I finally got the shells.

youtube.com/watch?v=Opl77bP7vbY

Never had much trouble with this guy to be honest. Feels like he has more openings than a regular Rage mode Brachy.

>remember being so proud when i forged it as a kid in both games
>new versions have a bunch of retarded bullshit added that make them take forever like special heartless and org13 bosses i can't beat

fucking kill me

He's not super terrible once you nail down his patterns, but he's xboxhueg so his hitboxes are scaled accordingly and he has some pesky attacks with no telegraph that do so much damage it's essentially a one-hit kill. If you and your buddy are side-by-side, that's two carts in one hit.

this fuck
ignore SA level its already 20

That 100% t-shirt in vice city.

fuck that shit man. so much time spent just to fail crafting over and over.

>Literal months for a MVP Card in Ragnarok Online
>3 hours straight trying to get a Balder Side Sword

no joke that looks like something ripped off deviantart.

and i'm not just talking about broly's overall character design

Damn, I don't even like RTS or Starcraft for that matter but that's some dedication. Good on you lad, I'm proud of you.

Holy shit, this.

>Farming Rathalos tails
>Constantly carve plates, heavenlies and rubies
>mfw one of the lance upgrades in FU needs 10 of the fuckers from Azure

People love to dickride FU but the upgrading in that game was downright fucking evil sometimes.

I remember having dreams about getting an Ilbis drop, always had to resort to buying them.

Warden Staff

Getting a Draconic Visage in runescape.
10k wyverns and still no drop.

Fuck this getting this Keyblade in KH2.

Have to get every Synthesis Material in the game jsut for 1 Orichalcum+ and do a shit ton of other bullshit to get it.

>100%ing EDF 4.1

You actually did it? With online mode?

nope, stopped at 72%

user, I played hundreds of hours of Ragnarok Online. I've grinded for items with a 0.001% drop chance from a boss monster that only spawns once every 60 minutes.

scout trooper armour in new battlefront 1

Nigga, you get two drops each time you run it and there's no entry fee for the mission. There's multiple harder ones.

Also you can craft infinite things at once so who gives a shit

>4 Deathbringers

Shadowmourne when it was current content.

Pretty good

Is this Final Fantasy 7 reference?

>blue phantom drops me 99 pure bladestones

That dragon sword in DaS2 took me 5 hours.
Wasn't as bad as farming for upgrade materials in DeS/DaS though.

Few hundred hours for Jade legplates
Never did get them

>Dodge 100 lightnings

You cannot even imagine the amount of focus I needed to accomplish this. Pure sadism on part of the programmers.

>user, I played hundreds of hours of Ragnarok Online. I've grinded for items with a 0.001% drop chance from a boss monster that only spawns once every 60 minutes.

That other people can find and kill before you.

Ultimate equipment in Patapon 3, literally no one else will know this struggle but it's hard to believe they even exist at all. They become more and more rare as you collect them and after more than 4 pieces they become outright impossible to get more. I have no idea why they made them so hard to get in such a game

>Visible Aurous set, Shadow set, and Suspicious Shadow's weapons in Dark Souls 2
The Flexile Sentry is normally one of the easiest bosses, but FUCK the NG+ version with the Suspicious Shadows.

At least all that stuff is a lot easier to get in SOTFS.

I just started patapon 3, are these necessary to beat the game? how good are they?

Sotfs Drakekeeper's Greatshield of Glory..not one drop ...not ONE, I have like 10+ sets of drakekeeper armor but not one greatshield

I have a bunch of shiny Pokémon, but I never successfully grinded for any with the base probability or the Masuda method, only with Pokeradar chaining, chain fishing, and the shiny charm. The most I ever successfully grinded for was a shiny Latias, since I had to complete my Pokedex to get the shiny charm. It didn't take long after that, though.

Not at all necessary, you could play the game for 1000 hours and never knew they even existed they are that rare.

I spent a whole month dropping cards for my gear when I played Ragnarok Online for the first time, it wasn't as tiresome as I expected it to be as I had the guild chat to entertain me while I did it, though.

In single player games it probably was crafting boots of prowess for my whole party back in Star Ocean 3.

>dude Pure Bladestone so hard to get XDD
you are like little baby, like all souls toddlers are.
Let me show you

I thought I knew what grinding was, having done unspeakable things like platinuming all the recent Disgaea games.

Then I played started playing Granblue Fantasy, and my suffering increased a thousand fold. Pic extremely related.

1/1.6 million

DUDE
but yeah, 12 star PSO items are the worst

Shav's on Path of Exile, never again

What's the absolute rarest thing in vidya?

damn congrats user! You're a real champ ya know

Onmyodo katana in Devil Summoner : Raidou Kuzunoha vs the Soulless Army

I get to play We Heart Katamari, that's what I get out of it. It's the one and only game I've ever played that is a legit 10/10.

It's also worse than the Decisive Pumpkin which you get 20+ hours earlier.

>I have no idea why they made them so hard to get in such a game
Have you played the previous two games? They have bosses that become harder to beat and have their items drop less the more you beat them since you can't stun them as much, and stunning is one of the only ways you get unique equipment. They were already assholes, I know how bad it gets in 3 though, I remember one guy here complaining about it years ago. Doesn't the first one already have only like a 1% chance of dropping because they meant for you to get it in multiplayer or something?

Deathbringer's Will. I unironically considered sucking dick for it when it was current

Not sure, but games like MH and AQW are full of this shit.