youtube.com/watch?v=SEYwCIc0UjQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's called an eclipse.

it's a black hole

DUDE BERSERK LMAO

this

It's edgy.

>Behelit theme plays in the background
>Player character gets gang-raped by the last surviving demons in revenge for killing their king

berserk fuckin rules

The sun wasn't the darksign. The darksign is the sun.

Yeah. They have said several times that they take a lot of inspiration from Berserk.

>they take a lot of inspiration from Berserk.
More like all.

>>be a talentless hack
>it's just an inspiration bro, a homage
How does Miyazaki get away with it?

Signifies the beginning of the next Age of Dark.

Is "Homage" not in your vocabulary?

To show that things were totally fucked.
The end of the world.
The apocalypse.

>Neo-Sup Forums doesn't remember when this game was going to come out

>It was called fucking DARK RING

>Dark Ring is English innuendo for asshole

>Bitches don't remember the very first original prototype trailer weirding everybody the fuck out and being confusing as shit.

I can't find the original Dark Ring teaser from TGS. Does anybody have the link?

Because the world had already ended. Relinking the fire just re-strengthens the illusion of life that doesn't exist, and keeps everything in an endless cycle. That's why Lordran faction wanted to bring the dark to escape the false reality they were in.

when 90% of your "cool" and memorable shit is a "homage" it becomes very questionable.

It was actually DARK HOLES

It's actually a giant goatse. Everyone looking at it is gay.

like clockwork

They originally called it "Dark Race" before calling it "Dark Knight" or some shit then they tried "Dark Ring"

I found the original teaser, it was just called Project Dark youtube.com/watch?v=SEYwCIc0UjQ

It's a Soundgarden reference.

the reason you cant find it is because youre full of shit

I just found it dumb nigger, look at the post above.

I like Berserk, and I like Dark Souls but Miyazaki has gone far beyond "paying homage" to straight up copying it at this point.
He probably stopped making Dark Souls games because he ran out of material, and couldn't justify having 80% game take place on a boat.

H I A T U S
I
A
T
U
S

It is, so is ripoff.

This. You can't read two pages of Berserk without seeing some shit Dark Souls pulled from. And even a little bit of BB.

There was also an clipping where it described that you begin as a hollow with no humanity and you have to claw your way out of the darkness in some sort of multiplayer-focused item hunt, and that the goal of the game was conquering the crowns from what would eventually become the Lords.

the game was originally going to be dark as shit, both the gaping dragon and nito are easy as fuck because they were meant to be fought in complete darkness

I loved berserk, but I can't bring myself to read the manga. What do I do?

You stop being a pussy and finally read it.

Read the fucking manga

>It was called fucking DARK RING

>Bitches don't remember the very first original prototype trailer weirding everybody the fuck out and being confusing as shit.

1. that link says it project dark
2. its a standard ass trailer
3. you're fucking retarded

>they abandoned this element in Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2

whyyyy

read the manga

>I loved Berserk
>Hasn't read the manga
Pick one and only one

I watched the old original show; I just don't like reading manga. It does nothing for me

Read it until the boat arc, then quit and save yourself the rest of the downhill journey.

You watched hot garbage. The manga is the only true lore.

Fuck you, Pete, you never came.

>having this bad taste

>Dark Souls 3 DLC didn't wrap things up at all
>In fact it just added new bullshit that didn't go anywhere
>didn't even get to hang out with the Primordial Serpents one last time

capcom said it hurt the lowest common denominator

I think the primordial serpents became people or something and then pretty much all died.

I think SotFS did a good job doing the whole darkness thing justice, some areas were darn spooky/treacherous without a torch to navigate.
Base DS2 had the same stuff (torches, the Lost Sinner which is a bit darker if you don't light up the area), but it was entirely pointless with that shitty lighting.

They grew wings, turned into angels and founded the religion

That's fucking stupid

Examples?

Just miyazaki's being a hack and not knowing how to end the series.

>Dark Souls 3 DLC didn't wrap things up at all
What do you mean?

Read it boi

>I like Berserk, and I like Dark Souls but Miyazaki has gone far beyond "paying homage" to straight up copying it at this point.

Why was Dark Souls 3 so lazy?

Not arguing.

Put your glasses on, the anime is inferior to manga.

>the goal of the game was conquering the crowns from what would eventually become the Lords.

What would that have been like?

Miyazaki explained the working title was changed to Project Dark two days before the game was revealed at last year's Tokyo Game Show.

"The Dark Race name didn't hold because there was worry that it would be viewed as a racist expression overseas," read Andriasang's report.

Following that setback, Miyazaki and his team settled on Dark Lord as the new title, however couldn't get a trademark on the name.

Next up: Dark Ring. Apparently, the term relates to a gameplay feature - a 'Dark Ring' comes out of the player as a sign of being cursed. Alas, that title was binned around the New Year. Why?

"The reason this didn't happen is because Dark Ring is slang for anus in England," Miyazaki explained.

So, Dark Souls it is then. Probably for the best.

No resolution for anything just
>wow this world is grimdark let's all go live in a painting

People were speculating that the DLC would have you go to Londor and meet angels/serpents and shit. Instead we go around looking for paint to huff.

Literally just a Berserk reference because Miyazaki's a hack.

No fucking shit retard, that's not the point.

>Miyazaki's a hack.

Why do people call him a hack?

Unrelated but anyone else huffed paint before

Isn't it slow to release because the author is doing lolicon shit or something?

Imagine loli doujins with artwork done by Murata

The point is that Berserk is a manga

Bring yourself to read it.

With 3 anime adapatations. One of wich is good.

>People were speculating
There you go. I fail to see how people speculating is relevant in any way.
>and meet angels/serpents and shit
We do meet angels.
>No resolution for anything
Everything I wanted an answer to got answered, what didn't you understand user?

Lost Izalith.
Also he didn't want to make Dark Souls 3 but was contractually obligated.

Because he fucked up AC and came into DeS late then slapped his name all over it. Also the Dark Souls games are basically just remakes of old FROM games under the DeS formula that nobody recognizes as remakes because nobody played the originals.

ALL OF DARK SOULS 3 TAKES PLACE INSIDE A POCKET DIMENSION CREATED BY THE FIRST FLAME.

THE OUTSIDE WORLD IS ALREADY DEAD. IT'S BEEN DEAD FOR A LONG, LONG TIME.

THE SOUL OF CINDER CREATED THE WORLD OF DS3 FROM ITS MEMORIES OF THE KINGDOMS OF GREAT HEROES, AND JUST SORT OF SMASHED THOSE KINGDOMS TOGETHER.

EVEN FIRELINK SHRINE ITSELF IS JUST A FABRICATION BASED ON CHARACTERS WHICH HELPED OTHER HEROES IN THE PAST.

DARK SOULS 3 IS A METAPHOR FOR THE DARK SOULS SERIES ITSELF. HAVING OUTLIVED ITS PURPOSE, THE SERIES IS FORCED TO CANNIBALIZE ITSELF, RESURRECTING FAILED IDEAS AND LITERALLY COPY-PASTING SUCCESSFUL ONES IN ORDER TO PERPETUATE A CYCLE WHICH HAS LONG SINCE LOST ITS PURPOSE ENTIRELY. DARK SOULS WANTS TO DIE, BUT IT DOESN'T KNOW HOW.

Yep. God Dark Souls 3 was so lazy.

so thats why it was so shit

I've only read it in manga form, but aren't all the animes fucking bad? There's so much detail in the art I don't even feel like a decent anime adaptation is possible

What about Dark Souls 2?

>Also he didn't want to make Dark Souls 3 but was contractually obligated.
This meme again. He signed for a trilogy. And just because you didn't like 3 doesn't mean he didn't want to make it. I feel like DaS3 is the dark souls game he always wanted to make, and DaS was like some rushed prototype.

And that's without mentionning the fact that he said during Bloodborne dev time that he wanted to be done with BB fast so he can go back to Dark Souls.

Dark Souls is designed to be dumb and obtuse. There is no internal consistency, it's just whatever they throw at the wall at any given time.

And if you call the devs out on it, they'll just say "UMMM ITS JUST LIKE READING A BOOK IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND UMM UMMM USE YOUR IMAGINATION!!".

So, just like every game they made since DeS?

The OG anime is pretty much a slideshow. Not bad animation, just not much animation at all. The music is good. The ending for it also has to be one of the worst in anime if you don't read the manga because it just leaves off during the eclipse.

The first TV series is a good adaption of the golden age, but it removes the skeleton knight, and the show ends with griffith raping casca.

The movie trilogy is a rushed adaption of the golden age but at least it has an ending.

The second tv series is a terrible adaption of the black swordsman and convicton.

Yeah, and the anime leave a bunch of the story out as well. Like, the whole Wyald thing was cut in the anime.

>DaS3 is the dark souls game he always wanted to make, and DaS was like some rushed prototype.

Explain this?

What is better: Bloodborne or Dark Souls 3?

>didn't even get to hang out with the Primordial Serpents one last time

I will never have peace from this feel. DS3 could have been even better than bloodborne. Right now, it's a tie.

Close match but Bloodborne is slightly above.

well that would sure be a better story than what we actually got, and a hell of a twist ending.

>Everything I wanted an answer to got answered, what didn't you understand user?

You seriously didn't have any questions about Lothric and Irithyll's earlier days? Nothing? Sulyvahn's debut? The Sable Church of Londor? The Angelic faith? The influence of the primordial serpents and their place in forming the two lands? Anything that does something interesting with the lore of the base game, at all?

Movie Trilogy felt really weird because it seems like they skimped on EVERYTHING except for the Advent. The sacrifice was probably the only thing animated well in that whole trilogy

Yes. DS1 is practically a KF4 remake and DS2 is practically a KF3 remake. Each game has stuff from multiple old games (DS2's Shulva is from KF4 for example) but that's the gist of it. DS3 is harder to pin down since it's got plenty from all over, off the top of my head I remember Aldrich's dickass arrow attack came straight from a mage in KF4.

>Dark souls 3 ran out of stuff from bezerk to plaigerize so miyazaki ripped off some shitty jap movie about an egg and the end result is some stiched together abomination for autists to pretend is deep an meaningful
So THIS is the power of the souls franchise

Bloodborne is still ahead for me because I thought the music was better, and the weapon design was much more creative. Also the boss fights in Bloodborne are more fun.

Yep but Dark Souls 3 puts it to the max i can't even remember a single original thing in it.

>BERSERK INVENTED SALAMANDERS AND TORTURE DEVICES

I mean, it is. It does not take a lot of reading into at all to see that Dark Souls 3 is fundamentally about people and things who have outlived their purpose. It's about a world which has moved on, but remains stuck in the past regardless. Rot and pus has begun to infect everything, and the Unkindled are explicitly the remnants of failed Undead given a second chance--because there's no one else left.

The closest thing to a happy end is Gael's quest in the DLC. Gael realizes how fucked up and awful his world has become. He is very likely the oldest Undead EVER. He's seen almost every cycle come and go, and he's fucking tired of it. He wants to build a new world, maybe not necessarily a better world, just a different one. Gael wants to escape to the painted world, because at least the people of the painted worlds know that when rot has set in, it's time for them to die. They don't cling to life endlessly, trying to wring purpose out of a purposeless existence. They live for a while, and then they start to rot, and then they burn away for something new to grow.

And if you don't believe the meta commentary yet, remember that The Painted World of Ariamis began as CONCEPT ART for Dark Souls. It was a PAINTING that became a world.

The designs for the Iron Maidens are explicitly the same, and what's not shown in the shot with the cage but that's in the Tower of Latria. A prison with the same spiral staircase layout.

The entire Souls series owes Berserk for a lot of their matieral

>Red orbs are Behlits
>Artorias fights like Guts and is posed exactly like Guts on the cover

Even the fucking Bloodborne icon is just the Brand without the top two prongs.

The golden age arc is the best thing to ever be written.