Fallout 4

>Fallout 4
>Astonishing Story

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/results?search_query=fallout 4 cit roof shaun
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop being contrarian, there was nothing wrong with F4's story.

MUH SON

MUH FATHER AND THE HOLY SPIRIT
MUH BABY

Come back when you have a real argument instead of parroting dumb statements.

>why are you flooding the commonwealth with synths and other useless crap?
>'we dunno lol'

Certainly not astonishing, and Skyrim's was somehow better

I enjoy Fallout 4.

That doesn't stop the story being a fucking joke thanks to Emil being obsessed with Christian symbolism and parental figures.

well it was astonishing how bad it was

this
the game was fun, and I enjoyed the plot-line conceptually, but if you think the story was well done then I do not agree with your opinions

This image

but it made no sense, starting with Keloggs removing one of three samples of unmutated DNA from the world, and continuing past the end when the institute don't even notice you're the new leader.

nuka world nailed it, "how high were they when they built this place?"

You realize when Fallout 5 comes out and the Father,Son, and Spirit narrative arc gets revealed Emil will be hailed as a rare genius correct?

>MUH REVENGE

Yeah New Vegas' story was so much better.

Vidya reviewers are absolute brainlets, what is new?

Why is there a third source of super mutants? Couldn’t they have just gone north from dc?

Fat chance, Emil has been removed from the lead writer position at Bethesda.

>Fallout 5
>Play as a dead vault dweller poltergeist roaming the wastelands
Actually interesting 2bh

Astonishingly shit
Retard

But it wasn't astonishing either, in fact I'd actually say it was even less interesting than Skyrim's story

It was.

Did Pete get fired as well?
I heard Todd has been replaced by MK as head of the Studio.

except for everything

actual retard

4s story is bad but now I’m curious. How would you write the story for 5, Sup Forums? City/state, why you’re there and what’s your main goal?

Not quite.
Baseball will fill the role of the spirit.

You will be the Overseer of the vault you start in though.

Todd is still the head and Pete didn't get fired, though I do know that after the way he handled the Jet thing Todd told him to knock it off because getting the lore correct matters a lot to their fans.

What does Sup Forums think of the list that OP's screenshot originated from?
>The Elder Scrolls games ranked, from worst to best
>7. The Elder Scrolls: Battlespire
>6. The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard
>5. The Elder Scrolls: Arena
>4. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
>3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
>2. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
>1. The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

New state again, drifter that gets dragged into a power conflict, it was basically done by NV but it was great before, the most important thing again would be the factions and beth wouldn`t have any writing responsibilities ideally.

The ones whining about Jet aren't the fans they care about.
Those fans being provably wrong also makes them less than credible.

How is Pete Hines still employed?

Did you mean to state that Daggerfall was the best TES game ever?
If so go see a doctor quick
You have a brain tumor.
That or you ate paint chips as a child.

Redguard is better than Arena and, despite how grand and open Daggerfall is, it's not as if it never had its own fair share of downsides
>Overworld map that looks like an atari 2600 game that you can barely read that requires exact search terms to find a place
>procedural generation/rng quests everywhere when you aren't doing the main quests but they all still require going into some dungeon somewhere for some reason
>only a handful of skills are actually usable, everything else is just wasteful investment

Caesar: i liek teh hbo show rome, lmao i no this bulshit fal apart when i die but who cares??? lmao they half to cal me caesir and i maek them ware skirts

Father: "Right, wrong... irrelevant. It was necessary. The Institute believed humanity's future depended on it. At that time, the year 2227, the Institute had made great strides in synth production. But it was never enough. Scientific curiosity, and the goal of perfection, drove them ever onward. What they wanted was... the perfect machine. So they followed the best example thus far - the human being. Walking, talking, fully articulate... Capable of anything."
"I was the perfect candidate; an infant with uncorrupted DNA. But if something were to go wrong... if I died... Well, the Institute realized a contingency plan was prudent. Another source of pre-war DNA, preferably related to their primary subject. It only made sense that my parents should fill that role. So, you were kept alive and safe within the Vault. I'll admit, when I had you released from Vault 111, I had no expectations that you'd survive out here, in all this. To not only do so, but manage to find me... to infiltrate the Institute itself... Extraordinary."

Nepotism.

The same way one of the lead animators who flunked his college course three times was hired by Todd, because they know each other.

I AM SILLY

Which is exactly what the original post did too.

"it's too complicated for you to understand" was literally in game: "Right, wrong... irrelevant. It was necessary. The Institute believed humanity's future depended on it. At that time, the year 2227, the Institute had made great strides in synth production. But it was never enough. Scientific curiosity, and the goal of perfection, drove them ever onward. What they wanted was... the perfect machine. So they followed the best example thus far - the human being. Walking, talking, fully articulate... Capable of anything."

Todd And CA went to school together, I think it`s about time they hired him to handle the writing.

That's what the author of the list thinks, but he also thinks that Fallout 4 is "astonishing"

Yeah well, don't strawman the strawman image that supports the game I prefer, asshole.

If they needed more potential DNA samples to prevent possible errors why did they kill the mother and every other vault occupant?

Texas
You are the Overseer of your vault.
The main quest will involve getting the ghoulified Secretary of State cleaned up(He was a Jet addict before the war and it has only gotten worse in the last 230 years) and bring back the spirit of America.

Baseball will be the vehicle to represent the spirit.

>Institute had an entire Vault of unirradiated people
>For some reason focus on this one baby
>"B-but background radiation!"
>Contingency plan proves an adult would have been perfectly fine and the Vault was filled with them

Let's also get into how creating Gen 3 Synths is fucking retarded.

>Using my lawnmower
>It breaks down, mainly because I'm a lazy fuck who can't be bothered maintaining it
>Time to clone me some goats so they can just eat the grass
>Why do my goats keep trying to escape when given the opportunity?

Look at me I'm mister cool hipster that likes FONV do you like me now Sup Forums

Why do you like New Vegas, mister cool hipster?

But it`s not hipster to prefer the better game on Sup Forums.

They didn't kill the mother, Kellogg did. Remember, he was never part of the Institute, just a rogue operator that they used sometimes that they didn't particularly like purely for doing shit like that.

>i'm too fucking retarded from swallowing my uncle's jizz to follow the very basic premise of what the Institute was doing with the Synths
They weren't building a race of robotic slaves, fuckstick. This was there answer for humanity. Synths being the next step.

Synths are made to serve real people in the institute, they don't want to be replaced by them. One guy has a "personal synth" wife that cooks and cleans and everything.

Why would you purposely give slaves free will?

DUDE ROBOTS CAN BE PEOPLE TOO LMAO

I like Curie and nick. And that’s about it. Also strong was the worst companion, getting mad at you if you even crouch or pick a lock.

The end goal was to have Synths be people indistinguishable from humanity. That was how the Institute was going to save humanity. They had the pure, untainted DNA from Father and every generation the synths became more humans and lifelike. Older versions that were barely smarter than Protectrons were used for manual labor, and even the Gen 3 Synths aren't at true AI levels yet.

The computers in Vault 111 point out that some of the cryopods had been malfunctioning almost immediately after the bombs dropped.

>Strange issue today with pod C3. Subject appeared to be having heart palpatations. Nothing life-threatening, but unusual. We realized almost too late that the pod was malfunctioning. The cryogenic array almost started thawing her out.

Since they had Shaun, the important thing was keeping alive his genetic match. They shut down the rest of the pods to ensure the Sole Survivor had enough power to keep his pod secure until / IF they needed him.

Synths are literally constructed to serve as menial labor while the scientists fuck around with hypothetical ideas. They're not meant to replace humanity at all, they exist to serve as a construction workforce and as testbeds for drugs and experimental foods.

>not meant to replace humanity
>half the fucking commonwealth are synths that replaced humanity
Play the game before joining the discussion, retard.

Read the fucking terminals and talk to people in the Institute before joining the discussion, retard.

Those are called spies, you fucking shit stick. They're planted on the surface to track down potential new scientists.

Difference is they can't have kids and don't have to eat and sleep and they're also immortal. The robotics guy tells you they're already superior to human beings.

I never got to the story, the shitty gameplay made me quit after an hour.

>hey guys we made clone cyborgs
>wtf they're sentient because they're clones

>synths aren't meant to replace humanity!
>okay, the MAJORITY of them are replacing humanity, but it's different because I have a prolapsed anus!
Literally fucking kys.

There are a handful of synths on the surface, and a few will generate in built-up settlements. How the fuck are they "taking over" when there are hundreds of human NPCs for every one synth? Shut the fuck up.

But they're not where the Institute wants them to be. Like Father pointed out, they're still just VI. They simulate human emotions and expression, but it's just programming. They're not true AI. Further, the fact that they can't breed with humanity is another flaw with the current Generation.

The ultimate goal is to create these synthetic perfect humans that can go into the world, indistinguishable (and probably capable of interbreeding) from humanity and lead them to a brighter future.

The problem with the Gen 3's is that they're glitchy, prone toward running, and that because they look human Railroad cucks and retard faggots in this thread mistake lines of bad code with free will.

No one said taking over, retard. If the conversation is too hard for you to follow, allow me to recommend a New Vegas thread. You'll find the Legion is much easier to understand and you can post Easy Pete memes to your heart's content.

>>But they're not where the Institute wants them to be. Like Father pointed out, they're still just VI. They simulate human emotions and expression, but it's just programming. They're not true AI. Further, the fact that they can't breed with humanity is another flaw with the current Generation.
nigga they're literally clone cyborgs, there's no programming involved

I forget, how is Virgil supposed to leave the glowing sea after he stops being a mutant? Wouldn’t even being in that cave probably have enough radiation to kill him?

>because they used cloned human meat, they're not robots with programmed personalities
Did you even play the game? Fuck me, even if you didn't play the Institute side, half the fucking Railroad quests are you reprogramming Gen 3 Synths.

>No one said taking over
You said they're replacing humanity which is the same thing you pedantic faggot.

Are you being retarded on fucking purpose?

Pop some Rad-X, might even have a radiation suit or the like.

Maybe he is more resistant to radiation after being a Super Mutant

Who said anything about revenge, you were just trying to find out why some asshole decided to kill you. It's up to you whether to kill too or not.

because kellogg doesn't give a fuck, is the correct answer.

its all bullshit anyway, the children of atom adapted to the radiation via natural evolution and are the answer they could never find with FEV, and the institute would have never seen it because they are living in a literal bubble with 50s thinking.

none of the above is dealt with in an ingame conversation whatsoever.

Not in a hostile takeover you stupid nigger. Let me see if I can dumb this down enough for the Africanized faggots in the audience. The Institute is trying to salvage humanity and give them a future. Their answer for this are Synths. Every generation of Synth is more refined than the last, more human-looking, and with Father's DNA, even have human bodies. They're not trying to wipe humanity out, they're trying to build the perfect fusion of robot and man that will be able to go into the wasteland and rebuild. Yes, they do have some Synths replacing humanity for various reasons, but it's not their end-goal.

Get it now, stupid?

the funny part of this is that the institute can be disproven immediatly with the BS about DNA breaking down in the wasteland since there are kids. can build robot but no into smarts.

This. The Institute was just trying to do what The Master did, only with robots instead of the FEV (although the Institute DID try using FEV for a time too). It's all about creating a new breed of humanity to survive the wasteland.

The Children of Atom thing never seemed fleshed out enough for my tastes. The how and why of it were never clearly explained, and too much of it seems to be pointing toward literal faith.

They never said breakdown. They just said that everyone was tainted with some level of radiation in their DNA which had introduced any number of mutations.

Shaun says humanity will not survive because reproduction will become impossible, nuclear physics and logics says thats bullshit, even with the exadurated/different radiation in fallout setting.

don't be that one guy who goes by the literal word used.

>contrarian
What's contrarian about disliking F4's story? Do you have proof that the majority of people who played the game liked its story?

Can you find me that quote? I don't remember him ever saying that.

its on the roof of MIT (CIT) if you do institute faction some ways. its on youtube, there are enough lore videos.

The answer is Bethesda didn't think about it any harder than the end of that quest. They didn't think about anything in the game that hard and it shows. They don't really understand Fallout at all, just some sort of weird fan interpretation of pseudo-50s pop culture and gore.

Still not finding it.

Do you honestly think that qualifies as anything better than mediocre writing?

I'd say it's on par with the writing in New Vegas. Unless you're suggesting anything in Caesar's lines was higher than mediocre?

youtube.com/results?search_query=fallout 4 cit roof shaun
not looking very hard.

Can we talk about Bethesda's marketing for a second? How did the "Make America Nazi-Free Again" campaign work for Bethesda and Wolfenstein II? Was the 14th place for the month of October part of their master plan?

>watch this 5 minute video because I can't be bothered to just quote the one line that was requested
G-Gee thanks fag-kun. BRB 5min when it wasn't in the video.

It's annoying because Fallout 4 is one of the greatest examples of wasted potential in modern gaming. Boston is a great setting, but they didn't really amplify the theme of the city like they do with other Fallout games - no drunken Irish bar brawls with travellers? Fuck this shit. Also, the Institute could have been incredible. Enclave or BoS outcast DLC would have been nice too.

The story was pretty shit, and I totally saw the ending coming.

My biggest gripe was Nate and Nora. They should have awoken from cryo status with no recollection of prior life, that wouldn't be that unbelievable. Might have also been nice to have two protagonists to play as, just a thought.

bitch you're lucky I posted searching youtube, lazy fuck.

>The Institute is trying to salvage humanity and give them a future. Their answer for this are Synths
Which serve as menial labor. For fuck sake, it's literally spelled out for you by several staff members and terminals that all the synths serve to accomplish is to remove humans "wasting time" constructing and more time thinking up new ideas. They do not exist to replace humans, that was never the goal.

You are a fucking retard.

Yeah, just went through the whole dialogue. Wasn't shit about reproduction becoming impossible. Why do you lie, liar?

What's weird is that Nate and Nora clearly have a predefined history and will refer to shit from their childhood (Silver Shroud) and college days (taking on a bet to kiss an ugly guy), but in Far Harmor, DiMA tries to convince you that you're a Synth. Bethesda already made it clear you're human.

dude it’s a sci fi sandbox game you nerd. it doesn’t matter

The early generation of Synths you absolute fucking retard. Why are you so stupid, retard? Did the scientists and computers explicitly telling you that they used first generation synths for manual labor go over your head?

He’s the guy who came up with the America-centric advertising for New Colossus, too.

Except that synths don't know that their memories are fake. The Silver Shroud and ugly guy memories could be false implants put in by the Institute.

STOP
FUCKING
POSTING

THE HUMAN CLONES EXIST BECAUSE THANKS TO FEV THEY DO NOT REQUIRE ANY SORT OF FUEL OR MAINTENANCE. THEY DO NOT BREAK DOWN LIKE THE GEN 3S, THEY FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS LIKE A HUMAN, THEY CAN BE USED TO TEST DRUGS AND FOODS FOR ANY POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS.

SHAUN FUCKING TELLS YOU THEY ARE TOOLS. THE INSTITUTE AS A WHOLE TELLS YOU THEY ARE NOTHING BUT TOOLS, THEY'RE ADVANCED FUCKING MULES.

You are actually retarded.

It saddens me that Fallout 4 was more successful than Blade Runner 2049.

>cuck vegas faggots already shitting on based Todd fallout 3 & 4
dead company :^)