Skyrim VR

Is this shit, terrible controls, nausea inducing, boring rehash.
Or,
>OMG finally VR explore a world like uh tha skyrimz

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9bw5B4_QoJM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What do you think?

I don't know.

I wouldn't ever play Skyrim on a console.

If it comes to PC then maybe I will touch it.

From what have seen I really don't like things just floating in front of you.
I don't even know if t is possible to fix.

At least they got money from Carmac to cover the loss from falling for the VR meme.

It's pretty cool.
Finally an actual huge world to explore in VR.

It's the best VR game by process of elimination. No other VR game has the level of content or quality Skyrim has, and at the end of the day it's just vanilla Skyrim.

However, it's like playing the game for the first time again. So many things you took fro granted or looked ordinary/generic take on a whole different quality when seen up close. It's much like RE7 where it goes from good spooksville horrorshow in 2d to frightening experience that you actually FEEL in VR.

I mean, yeah, that's the idea. Pretty bread and butter. I just don't want to fall for the VR meme.

>Already has PSVR and Star Trek

But, you know, if it's a pain to control I don't want to give up after five minutes and feel like I wasted $60. I have my 200+ Skyrim hours from back in the day.

I actually never fell for the "remaster" meme, and haven't played since 2012.

Thought I might either do Switch or VR, portable or VR making the revisit worth the time. I'm passing on the Switch, and I want VR to be good, I just don't know.

Does it stutter/dip under 90 on a normal rig which meets the recommended requirements?
Did they fix the scale of things?
Are there hand stand-ins and is it compatible with wands and touch?

Yeah I fucking couldn't believe how adrenaline pumping RE7 VR was. I wasn't more scared exactly, just that my blood really started pumping for real

Oh and how does the locomotion work?

Considering it's probably made with PSVR and the Vive in mind, teleporting by pointing at a spot. Only the Oculus Touch and Windows Mixed Reality have thumbsticks

One more reason not to play it. I can't wait until devs make walk-o-motion the standard.

Does it support mods?

You can just play it with the regular DS4 controller if you want.

I can't vouch for it since I'm still waiting for my copy to come in (damn UPS, always the last one to deliver), but it looks awesome from what I've seen and I can't wait to play it

>Teleportation meme
This is WRONG. Watch any video of people playing it, there is full locomotion with both DS4 and move controllers.

It already exists, at a local "indoor theme park" they have this VR setup where you have to wear special shoes on a slippery platform with restraints holding you in place and a Vive on your head. It's really fucking exhausting to use because you can't walk like a normal human being on it.

It is the former, according to reddit

its shit

imagine that vr has to have a minimum of 90fps to be belivable and not give you headaches.

now imagine that a developer is using an outdated game engine that cannot go beyond 60fps.

enjoy

youtube.com/watch?v=9bw5B4_QoJM
Looks like you gotta hold a button to move which I guess works but they also make it so you lose peripheral vision as you move.

This information is wrong.

>but they also make it so you lose peripheral vision as you move.
That's an optional feature to reduce movement sickness. It can be reduced or turned off completely.

In the game's defense, I suppose its the only console version that runs at 60 fps.

Also to answer the locomotion question, free movement with the wands is smooth as fuck. You hold down a button to move and gently steer with your offhand. It's great until you try to move around during combat.

Game also has lots of motion sickness sliders, can fully turn off radial turning and FOV blinders.

so, they bought a brand new game engine for the first time in 15 years that can handle more than 60fps?

It's not the software, but the hardware. PSVR is designed to work fine at 60fps, it doesn't need 90fps. What you're doing is fearmongering based on a lack of information and a desire to be a console warrior.

>PR BULLSHIT
i have an HTC VIVE, it runs at 90fps

the outdated gamebryo engine has a critical limitation of the physics engine and framerate are tied together in the core code, the game itself is inable to go beyond 60fps without the game experiencing even more bugs that you could possibly imagine.

but you are just some lame pr hack trying to collect a megar paycheck, so whatever.

do your homework

>It's great until you try to move around during combat
Pretty sure this is why DOOM VFR decided to use teleportation, Skyrim also benefits from being able to move in combat but isn't nearly as fast paced and without a means for full 360 movement easily at all times would crumble in most conflicts.
I never minded the warping too much as free movement simply isn't there yet, Oculus and WMR have a good first step by investing in fucking thumbsticks on their controllers though

Your vive can do whatever the hell it wants, it's not a PSVR. PSVR does not need to hit 90fps in order to be comfortable. Period.

Kind of hype to see what modders are going to do to it eventually

Fun fact: Every single Skyrim VR hater in here would immediately change their tune if it came out on their platform of choice or is they had a PSVR.

I've been watching this game release for a while now, and generally I've found that the detractors tend to operate on old/erroneous information, or they just outright tell lies in order to advance their console warrior narrative. It's really sad how jealousy causes people to behave this way instead of supporting what could possibly be one of the most important video game releases of all time.

How well would thisbrun on ps4 vs pro?

pro might run better, I guess, but it's not really necessary. Most people seem to be playing it on ps4 and I haven't heard any serious complaints.

It's the latter honestly. I've only just taken a break from 3 hours of play, and I plan on resetting my camera so I can play from a stand position since I've been having trouble grabbing and looting things below me. Actually turning in game is kind of annoying via increments, but at least you can customize the angle and speed. Locomotion so far has been pretty good, have yet to try it with the dualshock. Graphics are pretty impressive, for psvr anyway. I don't think I'll want to play skyrim any other way now

You hold the move button in one hand and you can tilt your hand to decide to move forward, back, or strafe. Turning is controlled by button presses that turn you so many degrees left or right. It felt awkward at first, but a few hours in and it's started to grow on me

>under 90
Are you implying they fixed the engine to not go full retard above 60fps?

On Rift VR games are literally unplayable under 90 fps, it's nausea inducing.

>it still hasn't gotten to my house
Fuck you UPS

This'll be my first time playing skyrim so it should be fun.

>VR meme
huhuhu

>jealous poorfag
Huhuhu