JUST

JUST

who

>unfinished games win GOTY

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF PC GAMING KEKKKKKK

>game industry awards
It's a meaningless trophy designed to circlejerk about, the actual competition are sales and player retention and you can gauge those by looking at the most played games on Steam or sales figures from NPD and other regional sales industry entities.

>wining

>pc game of the year
well, isnt that pretty much the only new game on the PC?

>the actual competition are sales and player retention
So, PUBG wins here again then?

Nothing wrng with that. I couldn't give a fuck what you contrarians think. PUBG is a fun unique game

if Chinks and Koreans didnt play it this shit wouldnt be such a big deal

You deserve this, you stupid fucking bastards.

>not wining&dining your games

Chinks and Korean numbers wernt displayedo n steam graphs for some time until it was fixed and back then PUBG already topped doto

Sure but we knew that without the award by just looking at Steam's best selling and most played games.

>we deserve it because anyone capable of making a good PC game only makes shitty games for consoles now

They're rushing 1.0 through testing to live so they can claim they won GOTY with a finished, released game.

>PC game of the year is coming to Xbox
Feels pretty good. Plus no cheaters or Chinese. It'll be the definitive way to play the game.

"joystick" is outdated nomenclature

The runner up was Dream Daddy. Watched it on twitch just minutes ago.

>wining

unfinished game, unfinished sentence. seems about right.

The fucking state (STATE) of PC Gaming.

redpill me on this game. Isn't it just H1Z1 where you spawn, find a shitty gun in a house, then get killed by a gang of people and lose a few hours of progress? Then you git gud and manage to get a nice stash but then you get ganked again and now you've lost multiple hours of progress?

Games where to objective is to see how far you can get before your time spent is rendered wasted sounds stupid to me.

what over note worthy games were even released on pc this year?

Well its the only game PC has so i guess it make since

A Hat in Time

>Not posting the Ultimate GOTY just to shitpost on Sup Forums

SHIGGY DIGGY

But they already won GOTY with an unfinished game

As far as multiplat games that play best on PC goes, kinda. I just think they didn't want to give it to something like Cuphead or whatever because they aren't AAA games or have a fuckhuge playerbase.

uhm... you never played any roguelikes?

MH World is on PC. Nioh is on PC. Nier: Automata is on PC. Death Stranding will be on PC. FF7 will be on PC.

Nice ''''exclusives'''' you got there.

That's not how it works, at least it shouldn't
Yet another GOTY awards show we stop giving attention

PC gaming was a mistake

It's a Battle Royale game. A set number of people drop onto a map and they try to survive with whatever they find. A circle closes in throughout the match which makes people gather closer and thus creating fire fights.

The only thing you really lose if you do lose is a bit of your soul and some time depending on how long you survived.

>Nothing wrng with that.
>archaic gameplay with teh depth of a unity tutorial
>graphics from 2002 that can't run smoothly on a 1000$ machine
>literally only sells to farm steam cards
>it's a sucess on twitch because it's such a slow and boring piece of shit they can talk for hours about their transition medicine and blue hair dye without fear of being rushed by the gameplay
wew lad, what a step forward for gaming amirite.

If it were a big publisher game they'd release is it as it is and then patch it after 1.0.

I like PUBG but this is just bullshit

>PCfags will defend this...

>pc gaming
is this that time of the year again?

>Death Stranding will be on PC

lol

>console sloppy seconds
kek.

not exactly something to be proud of.

>It'll be the definitive way to play the game.
>gamepad fps

>the state of the West

>PC game of the year

Ok... But it's not like much else was being talked about on the PC side of things. I guess congrats to PUBG and PC players, it's rare they get anything that gets noticed.

Larianiggers btfo

>they day the mods gave up

>PUBG is like the 5th game of it's kind, directly preceded by H1Z1 and DayZ
>those 2 were left in development limbo forever once the devs got their money, same is happening with PUBG
>many of it's players already hopped over to Fortnite BR and will hop from that to the next new game

Why is this entry so special anyways? It's the one that all the Chinese jumped in on, but other than that, exact same shit in a new package.

>pc gaymen

everytime

>meanwhile Horizon and Breath of the Ubisoft are GotY noms for console

>A circle closes in throughout the match which makes people gather closer and thus creating fire fights.

Oh paper. The reality is the person lucky enough to be sitting in the spot that will inevitably be the center will pick off everyone else as they all frantically run to the that spot, trying to evade the wall and fighting each other along the way, making them easy pickings.

BETA TESTERS

That's only true in PUBG and DayZ. In Fortnite you build a base on the fly, everything can be easily destroyed and aggressive play is rewarded. H1Z1 was somewhere in the middle.

It was today? So what are the results?

PUBG and DayZ aren't even the same type of game. They have some similarities but DayZ doesn't have a goal and has NPC enemies. I don't know about H1Z1.

The worst nominees won pretty much everything, as expected of modern game journalism.

God is dead.

a mediocre buggy early access meme game for goty

DayZ had a King of the Kill mode which everyone played, no one gave a shit about the base game.

Chinks are coming

pc goty*
they gave the "ultimate" goty to zelda_________

>ps2 graphics
>bugs
>shit optimization
>horrible micros that give you homeless clothes

SO THIS IS THE POWER OF MASTERRACE

The absolute state of Petition C(uck)ompiling so called "master race", ladies and gentlemen.

>LOL XD PC GAMING SUCKS
You mean these gaming awards are fucking retarded.

Chinese bots account for 80% of the "playerbase".

>Dragon Age Cisquisition
>Overwatch
>PUBG

then how come its on xbox as well?

Reading any PUBG thread just makes me realize that people are complete shitters or console cucks who don't even have it.

outside of weebtrash exclusives PCs will always have more to offer than consoles.. it's better to invest in one. you're fooling yourself if you're buying new, AAA games on consoles, current year sucks.

it's okay when pubg does it

Not a PC brat but surely there’s other candidates within the PC scene. Or are you guys that Destitute in creative and good games that an asset flip gets an award?

Just end it all

>None of them are even exclusive

This. PUBG is too hardcore for average Sup Forumstard.

Dafuq

>only new game on the PC?
No
Divinity os 2
Total war warhammer
Both exclusives

it's a cgi mockup

If she was that close to an active volcano she'd have already burst into flames.

So I can really waste my money when the game dies a month later? Have you ever asked yourself why a game goes to consoles after it gets attention? Because they barely make money off PC because no one plays on PC.

Did you weebs think some games that arent even 1080 were gunna win?
mario and zelda have graphics from 2005

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Player Unknown Battle grounds. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical ballistics, most off it will go over a typical player’s head. There's also The player characters nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his numerous outfits draws heavily from Activision Blizzard Lootcrate business model for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these graphics, to realize that they're not just good- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Player Unknown Battlegrounds truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in The player characters running over streams and constantly honking their horns as they go about their business. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Brendan Greene‘a genius unfolds itself on their pc monitors. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Player Unknown Battleground tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Zelda won goty, retard

>wahhh why are they disrespecting my best friend streamer's favorite game wahhhh
it's super high skill. you're a pro gamer. fuck off

Yes, Mario is going to win PC game of the Year. Fucking idiot.

so when it actually comes out its disqualified for already winning then

>Best story telling was Horzion SJW dawn whilst Nier was 2nd and Persona was 3rd

This is why video game awards need to die.

> PUBG is a fun unique game
>unique

>GOTY
>November

I know that, what's it from though?

Japanese things can't win unless they're family friendly Nintendo franchises. Not anything by Nintendo (for example Xenoblade will get shit on) just Mario and Zelda.

well desu senpai what games are releasing late nov-early dec?

Xenoblade 2, the only game to buy a Switch for. If you've played one 3D Mario you've played them all.

Huh, I had never seen that. Was that there when it started or was it added later?

Spellforce 3
War of Rights was supposed to come out, but I believe they delayed it again.
Outcast Second Contact, but remakes probably aren't GOTY material.
Hand of Fate 2

There is always some sneaky indie coming out late in the year that's amazing but nobody mentions it for GOTY because nobody played it before the year is out.
Last year was Shadow Tactics in December. Year before that was Hard West in late November.

Sounds like the average AAA game.

c'mon user none of these are goty contenders and be both understand that, you are being slightly dishonest on purpose or making an argument

but PUBG is?

It is because we all get to enjoy vidya and that's all I wish for my fellow Sup Forums brothers. You all deserve a good days.

HK, D:OS2 and HiT are much better.

Where did I say that? Besides PUBG there were a lot of worthy GOTY contenders that league ahead of the list you've provided.
I'm kekeing as much as you are at the goty choice but then again nobody seriously takes Doritos awards except the rest of 99% le games casuals