ITT best JRPG you've ever did done played

ITT best JRPG you've ever did done played

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KtYMBxH8Sso
youtu.be/9dBKb6nl4zI
youtube.com/watch?v=_5B8pyQiOAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attack of the Saiyans wss super good

Ah this game was really good. I loved it when this track played: youtube.com/watch?v=KtYMBxH8Sso

Too bad it only three times, if you include Broly.
It is a shame a sequel will never come out.

Oh dude a 3DS sequel would be the balls. but yeah now that Super is out they're not going to make one.
The music is fun, the battles are quick enough, but the biggest praise I can give it is that the dialogue and cutscenes are skippable. That should ALWAYS be an option, especially in these type of games. It took a pretty good game, and made it replayable four times, because you're allowed to move at your own pace.

>DBZ
>RPG
Nani?

Manga/anime adaptation jrpg are mediocre at best.

And it is pretty difficult too. I remember that one part when you only had Piccolo and Gohan and still had too fight 3 powerful enemies or that one part where enemies are way too strong for your level. I believe it was the road to Broly, but I'm not sure.

well here my other few good ones that aren't based on anime, I hope
>Grandia
>Legend of Legaia
>Final Fantasy X-2
Disgaea series is a'ight but not traditional

dragon ball fusions on the 3ds has pretty good turn based fighting. It's just also got ring out mechanics and active time turn order which make it more engaging than your typical menu RPG.

My favorite is Atelier Iris 2

I also really liked

FFIV
FFX
FQVIII
DQIX
Wild ARMs 5
Chrono Trigger
Legaia 2
Sands of Destruction
Bravely Default
Radiant Historia

Attack of the Saiyans; check it out. It's a legitimately good RPG in general.

.hack IMOQ

In My Own Qopinion?

That game was neat, but I was way too impatient to wait until postgame to start unlocking characters.

.hack//Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, Quarantine

Oh I wasn't being a smartass, thanks for clarifying

I enjoyed collecting all the randos. Flying around and exploring the maps was my favorite part though

What's your opinion on G.U.? I played Infection as a kid, but it's been so long I don't remember too much. I'm playing through G.U. Right now and having a decent enough time, but not sure if I should try to go back and play IMOQ after or not.

By far the best jarpig on the DS

You should wait for a remaster before shelling out the almost $300 to buy the whole set of 4 again.

I love the G.U. remaster, but it is really anime tropey. A bit too much.

Been thinking about replaying this. What stats are best to focus on?

Sell me on it and I'll grab it tonight.

The same team (?) also did a Dragon Ball RPG for Android/iOS, called Dragon Ball RPG - Shounen-hen.
Looks pretty cute, but it was never localized.

I can't into runes, is there a translation patch?

That's right, I forgot how ridiculously expensive IMOQ is. Hopefully enough people bought G.U. For a remaster of IMOQ then.

From my few playthroughs, and others math,
Tech, Tc, Tec, whatever it is called. It increases accuracy of all your attacks, and increases damage of specials that use energy attacks. Not just pure energy like Kamehameha, but things like Regenki or combinations with energy.
POW is second best stat, and the rest are inconsequential. You can beat the game just fine only raising TEC for all your characters.
Did a run raising other stats purely, and the characters just sucked because it's about beating your opponent rather than surviving or strategy. Luck is the exception, for Tenshinhan, for a side-quest

youtu.be/9dBKb6nl4zI

Imagine if fallout and chronic trigger had a child. And that child inherited the best parts of his parents.

That's mm2r

>he doesn't know

Chrono*

Thanks user. It's gonna be a good weekend. I'm still bummed that they never made a sequel

There's an old one that uses cards for some reason, It might be on Gameboy or NES

Shit I remember playing this in the 90s. Or really early 00s I don't remember

>you will never be about to blow your load all over his insides

Loved this game but I was pretty young and never fully understood the fighting system. Still beat it though.

Interested. Is there a patch out somewhere?

>SoD
>Radiant Historia
>FF4
>Bravely default.
My nig
Im curious about legaia. On what systems are they on?

It's a 2d fallout with tanks and vehicles, but actually good.

Can't wait until my runes have developed far enough for me to be able to play these. I absolutely fucking LOVED Metal Max Returns on SNES and I was heartbroken that none of the other games had any sort of ongoing translation effort (gideon does NOT count).

Legaia 2 is on PS2, and the first one is on PS1

What game is this?

legaia 1 is ps1, legaia 2 is ps2. first one was difficult, didn't play second, not sure if they're related at all besides title

This one.

>tfw putting your dog inside a minitank and let it plow through everything

based pochi

BR go and stay go

no

>still no TMNT JRPG
four characters with specialties and a multitude of enemies has a good base

Brazillian oldgfag.
dat digerati cd-rom magazine.

Metal Max 2: ReLoaded. It's not available in English, but the SNES title "Metal Max Returns" is, and it's fantastic if you don't mind a high encounter rate.

I hope that Freaky Alien Genotype makes it to FighterZ. A man can dream.

kek, my first PC was full of those Saint Seiya and Dragon Ball RPG Maker games.

did you ever play the fan made DB game, you're (future) Goku Jr. trying to save Grandma Pan?

I remember playing one on my dumbphone in the 00's. It's probably available on java

Agreed, though it's a tough choice with Metal Max 3 and two SaGa games.
Can't wait for Xeno to hit the Vita store this spring.

It does sounds familiar, but the one I remember the most is this game where every time a character reached lv50, they'd go back to lv1 and transform. In the final dungeon you'd end up with ridiculous shit like Gogetenks SSJ7.
I know the story was the usual "villains escape from hell" stuff, but everyone was fusing and gaining new transformations, including a "all villains in one" final boss.
Fucking mental.

Damn, I'm reading a bit about Xeno and it sounds like it's gonna be fantastic. Time to hit the books. What're the odds it'll come to America, considering the only title in the franchise that reached us was on PS2?

>What're the odds it'll come to America, considering the only title in the franchise that reached us was on PS2?
Don't know, since the series moved back on Sony platforms it's possible I guess.
I just hope it sells in the first place, MM4 bombed horribly despite being a great game, one can only hope the Vita/PS4 userbase will treat it better since all the niche franchise are at home there.

Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals.

MM3's encounter rate, and lack of diagonal motion makes it inferior to 2

Also the first 3ish hours without freedom until the game opens up vs. 2's out of the bat openness

I like 3 a lot too, but 2R is better since itr just got it's best parts, mixed with the already good 2 and improved on it.

Also Rena and Misha are cute as heck

Attack of the Saiyans, one of those games i always wanted to play and yet i didn't. damn backlogs

Best rpg, cant choose one. But it was either CT, SoA or DQ8

>that battle theme

Damn, that's catchy as fuck

>get everyone to namek except Piccolo because plot
>reach Freeza final form
>he starts one shotting every single human
>Piccolo is also useless
>Gohan did a bit of damage because i saved an oozaru card but was also useless

Freeza felt like a real threat as it should. SSVegeta was a bitch too

>MM3's last boss
>all vehicles down, all party members dead besides MC
>battle almost over but still 1vs1 Drumcan and that HUGE monster
>fuck fuck fuck
>literal "I guess I have to use THAT" moment
>morph into a beast as last resort
>pray it works
>almost dying as a beast, adrenaline literally at max
>last hit, boss dies

I came. MM2 might be an improvement over 3, but no boss fight in any game will ever make me as hype as MM3's

I recently got a great deal on old JRPG's at a con, got the following list and not sure where to start. Which game would you pick first (I have played none of them before but I enjoy Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger a lot)

>Final Fantasy VI
>Secret of Mana
>Illusion of Gaia
>Tales of Symphonia
>Tales of Vesperia

Pic related is the last JRPG I played, I also really liked it a lot though it started dragging its heels at the halfway point. God tier twist though

For the most part I thought they were actually surprisingly good in the GBA era.

Yugioh
Shaman King
Zoids
Medabots
DBZ
Battle Network

Some of those may have been a game first and an anime second, not sure (pretty sure BN started as a game).

>I like 3 a lot too, but 2R is better since itr just got it's best parts, mixed with the already good 2 and improved on it.
You're right, I agree with you completely, but MM3 is still a very good game and one of the better games of the entire DS library.
>but no boss fight in any game will ever make me as hype as MM3's
I disagree, Bias Brad is by far the best final boss in all Metal Max games, the Reloaded also added that extra phase at the end which is amazing if you came from the original, and his battle theme is amazing, only Kuromogura's theme in 4 can compare.
youtube.com/watch?v=_5B8pyQiOAk

playing legaia now and its fuckin great. love the combos and just for the fact thats different

Where does it say JRPG have to be japanese?

The greater nerds, and wizards of the genre have decided it is so, so it must be so.

I never played 4, it seemed somewhat shite given how DLC ridden it is.

I might emulate it with citra some day though.

Also why were they thinking with that artist

The DLC is all just cameos from previous games, it's pretty much like Link content from MM2:R
>Also why were they thinking with that artist
?
Yamamoto has been THE artist for Metal Max, he's the one who worked on the original Metal Max and Metal Max 2.

Why does it look shitty in comparison with previous games tho.

Also yea I wanted some of that DLC, specially some of the older tanks. I ain't touching that shit though.

Jrpg is not a genre.

AYO WHERE MAH NIGGAS AT

Medarots and Battle Network are games with anime adaptations. Not the other way around.
Card games aren't technically anime adaptations either.

I don't dislike it but Yamamoto has jumped on the digital colouring train a decade ago, that's why his work on 4 might look jarring compared to his previous stuff.

I wish Metal Max was more populsr in the west. It really is a great series.

Strange Journey is the best ds jrpg though.

That's a great haul. If you feel like you're not ready to jump right into another turnbased game, Tales of Symphonia or Illusion of Gaia. Don't play Vesperia before Symphonia, because you might find it harder to go back to Symphonia since it's more primitive.

>jarpig thread

Shut up, Onso.

The backtracking ruined that game for me

>Xeno hit the vita store

What do you mean by this?

HOLY SHIIIIIITTTTT

There's actually quite a bit of those on SNES that only thanks to fan translation can be enjoyed by western audience. I know Live A Live, for example, is a JRPG that would probably be celebrated as one of the genre greats has it been released worldwide back in the day.

>DQ IX

Good taste

How does it stack up compared to Returns?

Is this image meant to compliment the anime for staying loyal to the manga or criticize it for being too similar to the manga?

God why? Why are you stupid fags so caught up on FF6 and Chrono Trigger?

Does the constant, inferior-hardware inspired repetition "charm" you still? Or something? Or the simple plots and characters you still insist are deep in the face of vastly more inspired stories in games only a bit more modern?

I truly hate these fanbases more than anything

Metal Max series as a whole is sadly criminally overlooked. I wish it and Romancing SaGa presented a viable alternative to how JRPGs can be structured instead of just being rare exceptions. Glory of Heracles series has also thankfully seen rather surprising translation efforts.

The gameplay wasn't pefect, but damn near everything else was.

Final Fantasy VII: New Threat

Nothing comes close to be honest

Though if you aren't already familiar with FF7 you wont really appreciate it, and you'll also get your shit slapped into eternity because you cannot into strategy

FFVI doesn't make any sense to me, but Chrono Trigger is really a great game that still holds up very well, I fell in love with it when I first played it back in 2010, and have finished the game beginning to end 17 times since.

Improved everything lad.

if i remember well goku goes super saiyan if you sacrifice one of the companions

Really not that bad.

Not him, but I could never finish CT.

I always drop it halfway through as I get bored with it.

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction too when I saw the original trailer.
Imagine Returns but with three times the content, quests, mechanics, vehicles and general craziness, it is also a sequel that expands on MM1/Returns story with a pretty great twist if you paid attention to all the background lore in MM1.
The only thing that Returns has over 2/2:R is the underground metro line, there's nothing of the sort in 2/2:R.

I wouldn't call it best, but basically no one has played the Shadowrun for Sega CD. Part-VN, part-detective mystery and part-turn based RPG. I think it's even been translated.

Dont mind me, just being the best looking PS1 game

What companions are you using there lad?

I always go Rena, Axel, Misha and pochi