>this kills the lootbox

Other urls found in this thread:

codemasters-project.net/vb/showthread.php?15265-Action-Replay-uses-LetterBomb
kodewerx.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7706
gbatemp.net/threads/datels-action-replay-wii.451727/
youtube.com/watch?v=iqI6kdZZ_dg#t=3m2s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw there's no modern game genie/shark and all we have are shitty edited saves

what happened to datel making these things?

Been outed multiple times that they don't actually make codes and just copy them from the real coders on their forums and sell them on their devices. They didn't even write the software since you can find other people's software mods/cfw used in modding consoles burried in their program. Modders pretty much btfo of them when they made their own cheat programs for people that modded their consoles that was not only free but were way better than what paided cheat devices offered.

This brings up a neat question
>If any form of DLC is on a disc and you unlock it without paying for it, is it technically even piracy or just illegal modification?

xplain what this is user. gameshark?

It was their idea to sell it though. Is selling devices like Game Shark and Action Replay illegal?

The problem was they took those codes and took credit for it claiming it as their own and making people pay for it. Multiple coders told them multiple times to stop doing this but they continued to ignore them for possably a decade. How you can tell someone copied your code is more of a programing thing as in there's a bit more to it but another way, which datel never bothered to do was to reorder and rename the codes as they would be in the same name and order the codes were released. They literally just copied and paste whatever they found on google then sell it to you.

>Is selling devices like Game Shark and Action Replay illegal?
No, copying and pasting things you find on google and making people pay for it is another issue. Not being able to write your own software and using cfw hacks found on google just makes you even worse. Don't know if the other cheat devices like gameshark and such were just as bad but all I remember seeing is a strong hate for datel and all the shit they pull.

I thought that stuff died after 6th gen.

If it let me buy infinite lootboxes I'm all game.

Its a save editor.

>there was no massive online multiplayer back then

>Metal Gear Solid
>Watch Dogs

Why?

Somewhere in the middel of 7th gen, I wanna say it started with the PSP when modding offered way more opportunities than what the other cheat devices could do. With cwcheat, that cheat program was god tier on the PSP, making and editing codes on that thing was piss easy even a retard like me could do it.

Some user's saying some bullshit about them copying/pasting cheat codes, but he's just being an idiot.

The real killer was online and accounts being policed, as well as increased boot security.

Forgot my pic.
>don't need to restart a game just to turn on or off a code
>don't need to restart a game just to do anything
>can edit a code in the middle of a game
>can make codes in the middle of a game
>screenshot function which the PSP didn't have
>easy code format that makes finding codes through google much easier
Holy shit this thing was god tier

The Internet killed these thing. Lootbox content is verified through servers that your cheating tools don't have access to.

>Some user's saying some bullshit about them copying/pasting cheat codes, but he's just being an idiot.
Its true though.

codemasters-project.net/vb/showthread.php?15265-Action-Replay-uses-LetterBomb
kodewerx.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7706
gbatemp.net/threads/datels-action-replay-wii.451727/
youtube.com/watch?v=iqI6kdZZ_dg#t=3m2s
>And what Datel is doing is essentially selling the exploit we use to install the Homebrew Channel and then running Gecko OS to run the cheat codes.

nobody cares

Uh... no.
Xploder was just a collection of codes people created online.

And besides, lootboxes are online (if the company aren't reatarded) and always server side. Like the golden ones or whatever in Shadow of War. You can get the Mirian ones offline because they're dumb as fuck.

Also, Cheat Engine > Anything Datel ever made. Or Galoob. Or really anything that the scumbags who stole codes from to try to profit made.

You care enough to give out free (you)'s datel shills.