Why are their no more fps games that focus on the single player campaign? I really miss having those

Why are their no more fps games that focus on the single player campaign? I really miss having those.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6dWEyxBOngk
youtube.com/watch?v=alZoa520xtw&
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because idiots piss away money on multiplayer 10 times more than they piss away money on single player.

I really wanted to play R3 since they supposedly fixed their decisions they made with R2.

R2 is the reason I don't buy games on release anymore and don't go past $30 for newer games.

Everything about R2 was lacking or downright bad.

Wolfenstein II was probably your last chance to tell the industry you wanted a single-player focused FPS. I'm pretty sure it sold like dirt so that's why publishers prefer to make multiplayer-focused gsmes. People buy them.

Wolfenstein 2 just came out last month. Doom came out last year and was basically only lauded for its single player. Wolfenstein New Order came out in 2014. Prey came out earlier this year.

>Wolfenstein: New Order
>Shadow Warrior Remake & Shadow Warrior 2
>Doom 2016
>Serious Sam 3

Granted, they are not the rule of popular Multiplayer shooters, but don't think that Single player focused FPS are dead user.

are you fucking stupid? there's been a lot of single player fps games. single player fps is gabage btw. what's the point of 360 no scoping if there's no around to see it?

I didn't get Wolfenstein 2 because it looks like it focuses too much on cutscenes. I prefer fps games that handle cutscenes like Half Life in which the gameplay is uninterrupted. Also the gameplay in the campaign looks too short.

Doom does. Actually Doom is what I missed in fps: fast paced, no covering, fun action.

Thinly veiled recommendation thread

There's cutscenes at the start and end of every level. That's about it.

You obviously haven't played CoD: WWII, it blows Wolfenstein out of the water and has the best campaign since Black Ops.

THESE GRIMS AREN'T HUNGRY ENOUGH

WW2 campaign is absolute dog shit

I don't believe for a second that you are being genuine

youtube.com/watch?v=6dWEyxBOngk

youtube.com/watch?v=alZoa520xtw&

Still looks like it's rather lacking. Doesn't even really seem to have any good level design.

Because:

SP-FPS focused campaigns are what, 5ish hours long? Plus they're more or less glorified carnival shooting galleries. Things pop up in the same spot and you shoot them down as quick as possible.

I think a bulk of people playing video games do it to socialize with their friends. That's why multiplayer-centric FPS titles are doing really well now.

underageban

R3 Single Player was pretty good up until after the prison section. Then you can clearly tell Insomniac stopped caring due to their contract with Sony ending soon and they half-assed the rest of the game. Theres not even a final boss, you just run around shooting glowing tubes with trash enemies shooting at you. And the ending of the game is resolved via crappy drawings during the credits. R3 online was also pretty lame, not as great as R2 was.

Single player is cancer. We will never have good AI, there will never be any real challenge, and you sitting all alone staring at a screen is a complete waste of time.

Far better to play multiplayer only games like Overwatch.

>Wolfenstein 2

> I didn't get it because its a rehash of the New Order with a marketing campaign that advocated modern political violence to sell leftist propaganda.

Avoid Wolfenstein 2
I had to force myself to finish that piece of trash and skipped the cutscenes when they got too cringe

But that isn't what isn't what I said.

Black Ops 2 was the last CoD game I bought, and I have ignored the series for almost 7 years. Are you marketing, shitposting, or being genuine when you say WWII has a good single player campaign?

I'm still broken over what the did with the "ending" in Resistance 3. Rather than actually follow it up with a 4th game, they were sick of the series and just ended it, and all the lore attached, with an unnarrated, vague slideshow of a city rebuilding.
Nevermind the fact that 90% of mankind was eradicated and literally million, if not billions, or enemies both feral and semi-intelligent walk the earth.
That's all just explained away in a slideshow. FUCK.

Don't be silly.

Compare the beach landing in COD vs Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

MOH:AA beach landing is a nail biting / disorienting experience. You're unsure of each decision you need to make because you need to step out of cover to progress, but every time you step out you're just obliterated with enemy fire.

COD:WW2 is just "follow the nav marker". that's it. Your hand is held the entire time.

He's absolutely full of fucking shit.

Wolfenstein II sold like shit because it's a shit game.

I know this is >console wars, but it's basically because it was a Sony exclusive.

The fact is that one console alone doesn't have the market share to support multiple games of the same genre, particularly FPS. People will find their favorites, and avoid others of that type.

People chose Killzone over Resistance. Pure and simple. And even Killzone is now effectively a dead IP because open world is the new meme and the studio is making that now.

Saying all that, it's likely because of console exclusivity that we got Killzone and Resistance in the first place. Sony wanted Halo killers, and while they never got one, we did get some very interesting original sci-fi settings.

I might be biased since I was waiting for a next gen WWII game but I honestly believe it's fantastic. Just the first mission puts you on the beach in Normandy on D-Day, the sound design is fantastic and it feels great, plus there is no more regenerating health. I don't get what all these faggots are talking about, maybe they want more jumpy shooty bullshit and running on walls but I genuinely felt like I was again playing some mix of CoD 1 and 2 and some Medal of Honor Allied Assault mixed in. Fuck everyone, CoD WWII is great.

Resistance 3 was Insomniac's last game before their contract with Sony ended. They clearly didn't give a shit any more towards the end of development.

Hmmmmm...

>Everything about R2 was lacking or downright bad.

Fuck you. R2's Online Co-op was probably the coolest shit ever.

I watched some gameplay of CoD: ww2 and I don't know. The guns sound really soft when you shoot them. It sounds really weird actually. I hate the campaign insists on having cutscenes that take you ought of gameplay. I preferred the CoD 1 and 2 and Modern Warfare method.

The single player of R3 was garbage. Killing the previous MC is almost never a good idea.

It was good on paper but it was bullet sponge 100% of the content. Got old real fast.

MP was overall an improvement but didn't hold a candle to how smooth something like Halo was.

>halo
>smooth

I think you mean slow.

So what FPS games have the best campaigns?

Balanced and fun.

Everything about R2 felt unpolished even if it was enjoyable.

After all these years I still think the original Doom and Doom 2 have the best single player campaigns.

Resident Evil 7 :^)