Another Top-500 ranked Overwatch player was banned for only playing one hero

Another Top-500 ranked Overwatch player was banned for only playing one hero.

You're next, scrublet.

>symmetra one trick

Good riddance.

Fuey500 was banned too, a torb main

They played off-meta heroes in high MMR games, received tons of reports from frustrated teammates looking for someone to blame, and got autobanned

Maybe he should try a fighting game. There he can play one character as much as he wants.

>torbs onetricks banned
>symmetra onetricks banned
The game is getting better by the minute.

TOXIC!!!

>Sup Forums is actually okay with this
this place must truly be reddit

based blizzard

>kephrii solicits nudes from a 16 year old fangirl
>send her pictures of his deformed penis
>begs her to cybersex with him

>totally okay, not banned or punished in any way

>fuey and stevoo play off-meta heroes
>time for a ban

Overwatch is really something

We're laughing at it.
We think this shit is hilarious

OVERDRONES?

how many days until this game is officially dead?

OW threads are always full of redditors since they are the only ones playing the game, no big surprise.

Some guy fucking underages doesn't affect my skill rating. Torbs/Syms do.

If you get enough reports from enough players then the system autobans you even if you did nothing wrong. It's blizzards lazy way to curb against "toxicity"

Why even have those characters if you're gonna get shit for picking them?

Fuck off, Blizzard. They paid for the game, let them play their characters

Nice game overbronys

>yeah man I arbitrarily decided that I'm only going to play one character even though I can play several so my stats screen looks cool. you're gunna have to play around me man.

remove your consciousness from this instance of space and time

Stevo has a 63% winrate, Fuey has a 60% winrate. Neither of them are affecting you being stuck in masters. They have likely carried you a number of games.

I guess it's easy to scapegoat the off-meta player when you lose the game due to your own poor play, though.

Actiblizz are doing them a favor by forcing them to quit that shit game.

I don't play this trash so I don't care.

Torb and Symm are more situational but the team needs to play around them to make them really shine. Someone who justs instalocks on Symm no matter what just pisses people off.

>I play Overshit

Is there ANYTHING that Activision-Blizzard customers won't defend?

>[–][deleted] 17 points 8 months ago
>I am a proud Blizzard fan and I could care less about the quality of the figurine; in fact, I like that it's low quality because that means my money went to improving the game for everyone to enjoy instead of being put into working on my little piece of plastic. As far as I'm concerned I made a $150 donation and Blizzard spent it wisely.

Why should other people be forced to play something they don't want to play to compensate for the weakness of the one trick if they purchased the game too?

>I paid for this game, I have the right to ruin it for everyone!
Yeah, fuck off retard.
>being this mad
Comedy gold.

>qwtf competitive play
>no on forced to play a certain class

>cs competitive play
>no on forced to only use certain weapons

>tf2 competitive play
>no one forced to play a certain class

>overwatch competitive play
>play this class, or else

... can people really report you for only using one character, and blizz will ban u?

The military junta of Activision-Blizzdrones

>qwtf competitive play
Solo carry is a thing.
>cs
You don't need team coordination in CS, it's a game where solo carry is 90% of matches.
>tf2 competitive play
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>one trick on the team
>”it’s cool guys I’m good”
>”we don’t care, it’s comp, pick something that works better for the team”
>”No, the team should all change to something that works better with me”
>one trick gets banned

Makes me rock hard just thinking about it. Based blizz

>overwatch players get fucked between themselves
Fine by me desu

every time i'm in a game with a streamer i report them, and i have 6 alts so it's also from lots of different accounts

protip: it takes 50 abusive chat reports to trigger an auto-mute, and it takes 100 griefing/disruptive gameplay/poor teamwork reports to trigger an auto-ban

The system autobans you regardless of anything as long as you receive enough reports from different players. Blizzard doesn't have enough man power to sit there and read every report or police their game manually.

Then get rid of those characters if they're such problem. Don't ban people for picking characters you fucking made

That's a two way street, buddy. They shouldn't have to switch because you don't want to either

is this for ranked only? i pick torb every time in unranked because hes the only hero i think is fun, people cry at me all the time, but i kind of enjoy listening to them explain how bad i am while ive got 4 gold medals and the most kills

yes teamkill gets you ban on games since forever.

>overwatch will die after it implodes from being poorly managed
lawbringer should've waited and pounced the second overwatch showed weakness.

What the fuck am i looking at
My old cheap anime figurine is better than this

It makes sense since it's really selfish to only think about yourself and not care if you win or lose. I don't have a problem if they stick to QP or arcade but in comp it's really not that far from griefing because you refuse to play for the team.

Now I don't think it matters that much in low ranks but GM and top500 people will never want to play with you.

I don't get it.
You can't play the character you want or you'll get banned?

so what were his stats?

this is such bullshit, so glad I dont into blizzard

>Splatoon 2 is both fun and requires enough skill to make it competitive.
>Only way to communicate is with friends, meaning your,actual skill makes or breaks the game.
>Community successfully purges lgbt fagots and furries from the game.
>Saved Nintendo and is the selling point of the Switch while Blizzard continues to waste money on OW and can only make a profit from jewy loot boz gambling.
>played by mature adults who want to have fun and not spoiled children who are try hard esport twitch streamers.

Why haven't you made the Switch Sup Forums

If you're blizzard and you know you have heavily addicted players, what's a really good way to sell more copies?

>ban addicted player
>they buy the game again

i dont play trash

>play team based fps
>get mad when you have to play as a team
I really can't tell anymore if you guys are trolling or just fucking idiots.

Your team decides who you're allowed to play.

so whats stopping a bunch of spergs from getting together and reporting the top players?

im not familiar with the game. is team killing a big part of this character's abilities, or did u mean to reply to someone else? OP says he got banned for playing 1 character only

i dont get it,, it looks better than the left

Who cares? If these legal girls are sending people naked pictures over the internet, why aren't I seeing them?

Because they are better than this. Westerners can't into figurines. Alter Overwatch figures when?

>Playing Overmeme

And instead of including that in the game code they have to enforce it with bans?

16 is legal in some countries, neanderthal

Activision-Blizzard spends a lot of time and money on fostering a "pro-consumer" image and building devotion, players unironically start believing that Actiblizz only does what's best for them and any problem that might happen was not in fact their fault, you see this all the time in OW threads with kids absolutely stretching the truth as far as possible just so that Actiblizz looks better in their heads.

>what's stopping a bunch of spergs from getting together and reporting the top players

Nothing really. You just need enough reports to trigger the autoban.

They're in the top 500. They didn't get that far by being bad at those characters

Wasnt he also cancerous as fuck whenever he played, and throwing games when somebody else picked Sym, or was that the Torb player that also got banned?

>the fidels starting a counter defense force immediately.
the cult is strong the servant were well trained, activision sure is god in some place on Earth

Why is Sup Forums mad at this? one tricks are a cancer in moba like games.

>Getting banned for using a hero that is in the game
>Retards actually defend this

Can we agree that post-2008 Blizzard fans are the ultimate cucks ?

You can't even teamkill on Overwatch, what are you saying?

So this is the power of a 6 figure salary from defense contracts in the hands of a 22 year old man

Gee I wonder if they're ever gonna ban a genji main or tracer main or whatever the current strongest offensive hero is. Why does it matter if you're locking torbjorn every game if you're some headshot savant with his gun and far outperform your own team to the point where you don't even have to match team comp to get into top 500.

This reeks of double standard because I don't remmber Genji mains back in the day being banned. But that's cause the hero was broken and everyone wanted him on their team. Now the precedent has been set that the community aka fucking dumb nigger redditors get to decide which hero is bannable and which not.

So remove the character.
>get banned for playing the game
I still don't get it.

moba like games are a cancer to the industry in general, and so are the companies behind them.

Imaginr getting banned from all Quake 3 arena servers because you were too good with the rocket launcher.

what do you like better? have fun playing a character you like and lose, or have a boring match with a character you don't like and win?

>it only matters when it happens to a popular eceleb
this is why i hate gaming nowadays

HOL THE FUCK UP
WHY THE FUCK WOULD A NIGGA HAVE TO PLAY AROUND AN ENEMY TEAM WHEN THEY AINT DOIN THE SAME?!
THAT AINT RITE!

>getting arrested when you drive into on coming traffic when there's nothing stopping you
>retards actually defend this

>a team wipe is called "team kill" in Overwatch
This is their biggest crime, how do you fuck that up?

where are the pictures of deformed penis?

>restaurant stops serving you food because you order the same every day

>some kid buys overwatch
>gets really good with a character he likes
>refuses to play anything else because he really, REALLY likes this character
>starts playing competitive
>team starts talking shit to him for not switching
>tells them he really, REALLY likes this character, and that he hasn't even tried playing other characters and would like to stick with this one
>mass reports
>banned for playing the game and having fun
why on earth would Sup Forums be okay with this?

Everyone is able to get the rocket launcher. How did that argument make sense in your head?

This is fucking great, im just gonna start reporting everyone who wont change when I told them to.
This is so empowering!

>out of 26 playable characters there is only ONE you actually like playing
at that point, you don't even like playing the game. you're just playing it because you have nothing else.

>be me
>can't stand listening to autistic teammates raging in voice chat
>press P, turn off voice chat using the voice chat toggle that blizzard put into the game themselves

>get banned for 'poor teamwork' because I'm not responding to my teammates' ape screams

You can play the character you like, as long as its a meta approved character. Youll be banned if your 60%+ winrate character doesnt match the meta, but being a dogshit genji is AOK since you at least know whats supposed to be good.

it's their right to. you dont own the cook, why should he have to suffer by making the same meal every single time u come in?

or still lose too

It's called an unwritten rule.

why don't they just remove character picking and make everything random
you can still pick characters if you get Pick Token in our Lootboxes

Everyone can pick a hero in overwatch just like everyone can pick up a weapon in quake 3. Some people choose to main a hero in overwatch, some people choose to main a weapon in quake 3. Now imagine getting banned because people hated that you mained one thing.

Here

That's what quick match is for. You can't go to competitive, fuck around and expect that you won't get shit for it.
This is the problem with mobas, you either play meta or lose. Yes, it's shit and that's why you shouldn't play overwatch.

>go to Disneyland
>get on the train ride
>it's really fucking cool
>laugh all the way down
>go again
>"I'm sorry sir, you're having too much fun it's disturbing the other passengers, you have to leave now."

But isn't the entire point of Overwatch to be able to switch between characters that are needed at any given point? I honestly doesn't see what is wrong with expecting people to do this, and if we are talking a ranked or highly competitive setting, then well yeah people are gonna expect action against you.

Can someone explain what is wrong here?

Overwatch is cancer
Blizzard are cancer

what the fuck kind of analogy is that? are you a retarded person?

he was probably better with that one character than any of yours, nigger

So being a shitty Genji is better than being a Torb who knows what they're doing because meta?

>a paid game moderated like a f2p one
classic. blizzard is double dipping by taking your money while sculpting the community such that their idiot piggy-banks don't get mad and quit.

This is actually the future for lootbox games.
You won't be allowed to play how you want, because the devs will be incentivized to cater to the vocal players' desires, which are predisposed toward complaints because its easier to remember 1 individual time you got pissed than 10 individual times you were content.
As a result, moderation leans toward performative bandaid bans rather than modifying the mechanics of the game that enable "toxic" playstyles.

>I paid for this game, I have no right to have fun
t. el Retardo

If we were Reddit, we would be bashing EA for their lootbox fiasco.

You kinda need to be around that player's MMR to play a game and have enough people on his team to report it. Anyone can report a single player, in fact, I'm assuming there's always one faggot in every game that reports someone for their loss. So getting one report at random intervals doesn't really flag it as disruptive.