I enjoyed Dishonored 1 and Dishonored 2

I enjoyed Dishonored 1 and Dishonored 2.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3ZgnXjXk2N0
steamcommunity.com/id/onanera/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

k.

Me too. It’s my favorite vidya franchise and I fucking love the universe they created more than anything else I’ve ever seen. I even bought the fucking art books, the comics, and the novel. I have two replicas of Corvo’s mask (one is wearable, one is a shelf display) and a hand-autographed cover art for the first Dishonored I got at a convention.

>we will never see Tyvia
>we will never see Morley
>we will never see Pandyssia

I enjoyed Dishonored 1 but haven't played 2, as of yet. Maybe I'll buy it during the winter sale if the discount is deep enough.

I've yet to the play the DLC for the first game, though. Even though I own it

I enjoyed the fuck out of 1 and never played 2 (mostly because am poorfag and didnt feel like torrenting it), but this hurts the most:

>>we will never see Pandyssia

They're OK stealth games. What's really fun with them is going full chaos and exploring all the different powers they give you in creative ways.

Liked the first one wish it was bigger but overall a nice polished experience and they kept it moving. Didn't make you rely too much on one gimmick let you play around with them.

I love first game and dlcs, but 2 was a letdown in terms of story and characters. Also my pc sucks so it was painful to play. Still way better than any other game from last years.

>I’ve yet to play the DLC for the first game, even though I own it
Nigger, the DLC for Dishonored is better than the base game and arguably the strongest arc in the entire series.

Close your browser and go start it right fucking now.

I wish Dishonored2 was well optimized game.

Greatly enjoyed it, nice level design and stealth.
Also played it full lethal and it felt a lot better than playing Deus Ex MD and its DLCs non-lethal.

Jindosh's house was simply fucking incredible.
Like holy shit it was so good and interesting to explore with all those hidden walls and transforming floors.
Great experience.

excellent game. excellent story. excellent world building. fun powers. good characters. my cracked version of two runs great. one ran fine. rewarded exploration. amazing series.
disclaimed I haven't the new dlc.

How long is Death of the Outsider? I really liked Dishonored 2 but still haven't gotten around to playing the expansion.

It ran smooth for me on a shitty lil GT620

>How long is Death of the Outsider? I really liked Dishonored 2 but still haven't gotten around to playing the expansion.

Same, gonna buy it with the discount only.
It's pretty short and I heard that it's nothing spectacular.

Whats your steam id

>Whats your steam id
Why

Short, and one of the levels re-uses the museum from Dishonored 2.

You said you cant afford the second game

1 was fun but can't get into 2, although only played a couple hours. Does it get better?

death of the outsiders writing is complete garbage and shits all over the good memories i had of the series. a shame

Who were you playing as?

id/teh_rei
I'm not a trap

>Tfw no scene where Emily is captured in D2

Why

I liked dishonored 2, except for it being super fucking easy so you could do whatever the fuck meaning all the cool abilities were window dressing at best

corvo

CUTE

Also Punished Emily > Batman Emily

18 people have that name user
Link steam profile

>Playing Dishonored 2
>Doing a high chaos NG+ run
>On the mission where I have to break into the conservatory, a little outside of it see a guard and an NPC talking
>Domino them both and wait a second for them to look away to kill them both
>Through the dialogue chain guard gets mad at NPC which was a former friend, pushes her off the edge of the building, and ends up killing herself through domino

I laughed pretty hard at that, doing a full chaos run after a ghost/pacifist run was pretty fun

Sent ;^)

who cares

Ghost high chaos is the best tho

That's the weird thing, my friend's laptop had way lower specs than my pc but his game ran fine.

I had already done ghost for the full pacifist run, I did still play rather sneakily for my high chaos playthrough, just didn't always reload if I got caught.

Can't get into Dishonored 2.
The story seems oddly absent and it seems bizarre that Emily resorts to Corvo tactics days after losing the throne.

I played through Dishonored 1 through twice one playthrough immediately after another so it feels bizarre to be so turned off by 2

2 and DOTO are okay, but not as replayable as 1.

Me too, user.

>everyone already was scared shitless of protag
>then he got super powers
This pleases me.

I'm pretty computer-dumb, so maybe dishonored 1 is more processor intensive or something? I do have an i5

my pc is litteral potato and it run d1
>i3
>shitty almost 10 year old AMD radeon
>4gb of no name ram (im amazed it hasn't burned my pc yet)
just remember to give dishonored high priority in windows manager and you should get 25-40fps on lowest settings.

What anime is this?
Looks like darker than black but the artstyle looks off

I like how no nonsense executions were when you know any other game would've turned them into a flourish that just slowed your game down.

how can people fall this in love with a slightly above average game

I kinda wish the Outsider let you refuse his gift in the first game. Aside from dream levels they never really affected the game. Having Emily for a mostly muscle and steel playthrough in the sequel was great.

story was weak in both games. corvo trained emily. why he would realistically do this to an empress-to-be? I have no idea.

I didn't like how one character was frozen throughout the game in 2 honestly, I wanted to see some Emily/Corvo bonding.

they added femail just to virtue signal

>I enjoyed Dishonored 1
So did I. It was a pleasant surprise, considering that I only bought in on impulse after seeing this video youtube.com/watch?v=3ZgnXjXk2N0 and it being dirt cheap during steam sale.

it has a creative concept that could evolve in something much bigger. the lore elements, style and aesthetics even inspired me to write some fictional stories.
theres a lot of classic horror, lovecraft and Plato in dishonored

I would say the peak is the Clockwork Mansion mission, with the Ducal Mansion being a close two.

>story was weak in both games.

Exactly. In a game full of compromises to make a stealth concept more palatable to mainstream audiences, storytelling is Arkane's one weakness. I think they just don't care about telling a story because they just want to make awesome levels and give you the freedom to dick around in them.

Dishonored 2 is a wasted potential though.

dat pretty pretty sword

That's actually one of the dumbest things, though. Making a foldable blade in two pieces is just asking for it to chip and break.

Did anyone else rapidly crouch and un-crouch in Dishnored 1 so that it would look like Corvo was twirling his sword?

steamcommunity.com/id/onanera/

I love both games but always wonder who the people are who are into the story of either. Those are not interesting stories user.

to be fair dishonored is more of a "play it your way" deal rather than a straight up stealth game. want that? play styx.

You're a good guy OP.

Prey toyed around with some cool ideas, it just did not try to elaborate on them. Prey could have gone full NAMELESS with its setting.

You should give Thief a try

>Punished Emily

what?

I think the reasoning was 1) she idolised Corvo and wanted to learn, and 2) to try and mitigate what might (and did several times iirc) happen again, so she wouldn't be easily assassinated when he wasn't there. Fortuitous then if you chose to play as her.

I enjoyed it, maybe a little too much for a single player game though.

I love Thief. Why would you assume I hadn’t played it? Thief and Dishonored tend to have a lot of overlap and it’s rare to see a fan of one not at least be aware of the other.

I can see why people dig it but fucked if i could get into Dihonored. For some reason the game can't hold my interest... never played Dishonored 2 so I can't comment on that one.

Nice try

DOTO was fun as well,I really enjoyed the Void Strike+slow time thing,it sucks that you only get it towards the end